PS4 sales have surpassed 5.3m | As of Feb 8th

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by tormentos (16728 posts) -

So the xbox one is barely at 3.2 million with January sales,and the PS4 is at 5.3 a more than 2 million lead in before its 3rd month and with a huge shortage...

I was right yet again...

Japan next week should put those sales over 6 millions,that is 1 million more than sony own targets sales for March 31..lol

#52 Posted by finalstar2007 (24880 posts) -

So the xbox one is barely at 3.2 million with January sales,and the PS4 is at 5.3 a more than 2 million lead in before its 3rd month and with a huge shortage...

I was right yet again...

Japan next week should put those sales over 6 millions,that is 1 million more than sony own targets sales for March 31..lol

If Sony has a million ready for Japan and all will be sold then i can seem them hitting 7 million before March ends even

#53 Edited by Snugenz (11683 posts) -

I wish this made me want to dust my PS4 off and use it, unfortunately only games can do that.

#54 Posted by Shewgenja (8296 posts) -

They are going to sell over 10 million in one year at this rate.

That was my observation. People made a huge deal out of the XBox 360s 10 million unit head start last time around. I wonder what they will say when the PS4 goes blasting past that in its first year out?

#55 Edited by super600 (30097 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

@tormentos said:

I was right yet again...

If Sony has a million ready for Japan and all will be sold then i can seem them hitting 7 million before March ends even

Sony would be lucky to sell over a million in about a month in japan.

#56 Edited by betamaxx83 (351 posts) -

Lems still clinging to damage control... "Well the PS4 is in more markets"... Well first and foremost it took Sony just TWO countries to hit 1 million, while the it took Microsoft 13 in a 24 hour span... Sure it helps to be in more markets but the markets Microsoft is in with the Xbox One are ones it generally sells well in (US, UK), and by the looks of it, UK and US are going back to PlayStation.

Outside of the US, and UK the rest of the world could give a sh*t bout the Xflop brand... Majority of those sales came from the UK and US, and millions of RROD's.

Sorry Lems, the Xflop brand won't ever be as big as PlayStation. PS4 outselling XFO by 2-1 margin in US in Jan. The gap will only widen

#57 Posted by Netret0120 (1995 posts) -

I predict 15million sold by November at the very least. 20mill in one year would not suprise me.

Sony wins their 3rd gen.

#58 Edited by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

I don't understand where all this "consoles are doomed" nonsense came from before the start of this new gen? PS4 is the fastest selling console ever (right?), the X1 is doing really well (even if the PS4 is butt-fuking it into oblivion and with all the negative press it got during e3) and also the video games are selling decently!

#59 Edited by nyzma23 (895 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Nice. They'll clear 7 million by the end of March. Great day to announce it too with the new trailer for the first true next gen killer app.

Been a bad week for lems so far.

leave julie larson green out of this man she is one of top engineer in microsoft ,she invented ribbons in ms office and won technical leadership award in 2003

the rest is ok because they are pr man

#60 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

So they've achieved their goal of 5 million units (before the end of the quarter) well ahead of the deadline and without launching in Japan? That is mighty impressive!

I'm not sure, but I'd suspect it's doing numbers similar to Wii and PS2. Which is just absurd, really.

#61 Posted by tormentos (16728 posts) -

@Snugenz: yeah how much dust a 3 month colsole could have collect? My butthurt friend..

#62 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3620 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@killatwill15 said:

@xhawk27 said:

And Zero Games! Hahahahaha

really? they sold 9.2 million games as of last month

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-4-sales-reach-4-2-million-outselling-xbox-one-by-1-2-million-units-in-2013/1100-6416987/

I wonder how much it is at now.

I tried pulling up xbone sales numbers,

but they mustve outsold the ps4 and they are just being modest by not showing em

Last month MS sold the most games in North America.

And SCE will have sold more worldwide.

You can't win this one, lem.

#63 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3620 posts) -

@nyzma23 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Nice. They'll clear 7 million by the end of March. Great day to announce it too with the new trailer for the first true next gen killer app.

Been a bad week for lems so far.

leave julie larson green out of this man she is one of top engineer in microsoft ,she invented ribbons in ms office and won technical leadership award in 2003

the rest is ok because they are pr man

But did she invent Clippy? I loved that thing.

#64 Posted by tormentos (16728 posts) -

@super600:

I can see them selling 1 million very fast,but i don't think they will have that to ship in japan maybe 500,000 which is enogh to put the ps4 over 6 million considering that sales in NA and europe will keep coming in.

#65 Posted by IamAdorable (400 posts) -

Impressive. Not much else to say.

#66 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42577 posts) -

At this rate it will pass the Wii U in no time, and that's even before a Japan launch.

#67 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3595 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

So they've achieved their goal of 5 million units (before the end of the quarter) well ahead of the deadline and without launching in Japan? That is mighty impressive!

I'm not sure, but I'd suspect it's doing numbers similar to Wii and PS2. Which is just absurd, really.

''PS1:

4 months (one territory) - March 31st, 1995 - 0.85 million

10 months - September 30th, 1995 - 1.77 million

16 months - March 31st, 1996 - 4.26 million

22 months - September 30th, 1996 - 8.07 million

28 months - March 31st, 1997 - 13.50 million

PS2:

1 month (one territory) - March 31st, 2000 - 1.41 million

7 months (one territory) - September 30th, 2000 - 3.52 million

13 months - March 31st, 2001 - 10.61 million

19 months - September 30th, 2001 - 19.58 million

22 months - December 30th, 2001 - 24.99 million

PS3:

1 month - December 31st, 2006 - 1.7 million

4 months - March 31st, 2007 - 3.5 million

7 months - June 30th, 2007 - 4.2 million

10 months - September 30th, 2007 - 5.5 million

13 months - December 31st, 2007 - 10.4 million

PS4:

1 day - November 16th, 2013 - 1 million

2 weeks - December 1st, 2013 - 2.1 million

1 month - December 28th, 2013 - 4.2 million

3 months - February 8th, 2014 - 5.3 million''

taken from gaff. ps4 is ahead of ps2, not sure about wii. question is how long will this momentum last

#68 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (27316 posts) -

I'll be interested to see what the PS4 does in Japan over the next 12 months as its been a handheld fortress for the last half decade. Wonder if the PS4 can crack it?

#69 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

I'll be interested to see what the PS4 does in Japan over the next 12 months as its been a handheld fortress for the last half decade. Wonder if the PS4 and crack it?

Probably great to amazing sales at launch and slowly fall into the constant 30k-20k a week after a couple of months. If they somehow managed to get it higher than that it would be pretty incredible (for a home console in very handheld nation).

#70 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

The Domination Has Won.

#71 Edited by Snugenz (11683 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@Snugenz: yeah how much dust a 3 month colsole could have collect? My butthurt friend..

About this much you silly fanboy of a console you don't own. And how exactly am i butthurt, atleast i own the systems i talk about...

#72 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27316 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

I'll be interested to see what the PS4 does in Japan over the next 12 months as its been a handheld fortress for the last half decade. Wonder if the PS4 and crack it?

Probably great to amazing sales at launch and slowly fall into the constant 30k-20k a week after a couple of months. If they somehow managed to get it higher than that it would be pretty incredible (for a home console in very handheld nation).

Yea thats why I want to see over the course of a year (so we can also see some big games pop in too, not just launch titles). I wonder how the Japanese will view paying for online, if they care, hell even if they want to use online as a major feature.

#73 Posted by tdkmillsy (1261 posts) -

still not 4,5,6 or 7 to 1 that was being claimed early on.

Xbox One is selling well considering price point and bad press.

#74 Posted by Heil68 (43178 posts) -

We are truly humbled by your greatness SONY. The by gamers for gamers mantra is paying off BIG.

#75 Posted by Sollet (7298 posts) -

lol. That's all.

#76 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6027 posts) -

Very impressive numbers. This is the track they need to be on to get investors back.

Investors=money=studios=games that are not indies.

FlopFamous Son of Mom will be the next big test for the Quad.

We already know MS will kill March with the Holy Grail from Respawn Ent.

#77 Posted by tormentos (16728 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@tormentos said:

About this much you silly fanboy of a console you don't own. And how exactly am i butthurt, atleast i own the systems i talk about...

Actually is not that dusty and that is the under side..lol

Because you are and owning the console doesn't make you a PS4 fan you butthurt closet lemming,i owned a 360 since day 1 didn't make me a lemming.

The excuse of owning something to talk about it is getting old so which one will you use when i get one.?

#78 Posted by shawn30 (4361 posts) -

@Kingpin0114 said:

They are going to sell over 10 million in one year at this rate.

That was my observation. People made a huge deal out of the XBox 360s 10 million unit head start last time around. I wonder what they will say when the PS4 goes blasting past that in its first year out?

Difference is that the 360 had no competition where the One is already around 3.5 million after 3 months, hasn't launched in 19 countries and could have a price drop by years end. Sonys doing great, no doubt whatsoever, but if the PS3 was able to claw its way back in the fight with a price drop and compelling software after 3 years the One will be able to as well in shorter time. MS needs to drop the price, launch, and make sure all features are enabled. Gamewise their next two years just looks amazing. That price is a killer though, and the fact that its not even out in 19 countries PS4 is.

#79 Posted by Gue1 (9355 posts) -

easily 6 millions by the Japanese launch. The domination can't be stopped.

#80 Posted by tormentos (16728 posts) -

Very impressive numbers. This is the track they need to be on to get investors back.

Meanwhile the xbox one is 3rd,and rumors about been sold are louder than ever....hahahaha

#81 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38204 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

That's.... not the underside.

#82 Edited by Snugenz (11683 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@Snugenz said:

@tormentos said:

Because you are and owning the console doesn't make you a PS4 fan you butthurt closet lemming,i owned a 360 since day 1 didn't make me a lemming.

The excuse of owning something to talk about it is getting old so which one will you use when i get one.?

That's the top of the console you orientationally-challenged muppet

Yes i'm a closet lemming that's why i own an Xbox One and brag about how awesome Xbone is all the time, wait no i don't do either of those things ever, hmmm.

You'll never own one, because you care more about talking about it on forums than actually playing the device, you're a fanboy in it's purest form, completely irrational love for a piece of plastic and completely irrational hate for all things in competition with that piece of plastic.

#83 Posted by Tlgersuperman (87 posts) -

They would have mentioned 5 million or more sold in the conference 2 days ago as it was an investor promise in their projections. Those are most likely shipped numbers. Which is still good but people on this site like to claim random things without getting all the information.

#84 Edited by Suppaman100 (3693 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Meanwhile the xbox one is 3rd,and rumors about been sold are louder than ever....hahahaha

This, but he's an old delusional lemming let him dribble.

#85 Posted by sonny2dap (1280 posts) -

good effort Sony, be interesting to see MS's response, I'm betting we'll see an aggressive price cut in the next 6 months on the part of MS.

#86 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@Shewgenja said:

Difference is that the 360 had no competition where the One is already around 3.5 million after 3 months, hasn't launched in 19 countries and could have a price drop by years end. Sonys doing great, no doubt whatsoever, but if the PS3 was able to claw its way back in the fight with a price drop and compelling software after 3 years the One will be able to as well in shorter time. MS needs to drop the price, launch, and make sure all features are enabled. Gamewise their next two years just looks amazing. That price is a killer though, and the fact that its not even out in 19 countries PS4 is.

That is a myth, not a fact. And you know it damn well.

Also the countries thing is MS's own fault. Their stupidity in making it a tier based launch not only created a bad opinion of the machine/company in many of those countries (as in "why are we not tier 1 too?") it also allowed the PS4 to rule supreme without a proper opponent. When they eventually do launch in those countries it might just be too little to late really.

Like last gen with the PS3's delayed launch, it wasn't a matter of not selling (well, after the first Slim it wasn't), it simply was just too little too late to do anything about it. Plus the price and terrible marketing did not help one bit.

Regardless, unless MS has another Halo 1 up it's sleeve (no, Titanfall will not be it, sorry) I don't see them catching Sony, likewise I don't see Sony getting much more than (at best) a 10-15 million lead by the end of the gen. Of course if Sony were to have a year were they made all the wrong decisions, anything could happen but it's unlikely right now...

#87 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5021 posts) -

Return of the king baby

#88 Edited by shawn30 (4361 posts) -

The one isn't a simple gaming console and there is no reason to sell it in countries where the features aren't enabled or don't work properly. Its not about Tier, its about voice navigation and television resolution difference overseas. They have to get it right before they launch. As for Titanfall, after playing it and talking to others who have played it, it will move Xbox One systems. Just wait till that marketing campaign starts. It will be everywhere. The game has the quality and long term appeal to sell. No one game shoves a system past a competition. It takes a number of them.

As for the likely end of console cycle being a 10-15 system difference, I agree with that.

#89 Edited by Tlgersuperman (87 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@shawn30 said:

@Shewgenja said:

Also the countries thing is MS's own fault. Their stupidity in making it a tier based launch not only created a bad opinion of the machine/company in many of those countries (as in "why are we not tier 1 too?") it also allowed the PS4 to rule supreme without a proper opponent. When they eventually do launch in those countries it might just be too little to late really.

Like last gen with the PS3's delayed launch, it wasn't a matter of not selling (well, after the first Slim it wasn't), it simply was just too little too late to do anything about it. Plus the price and terrible marketing did not help one bit.

Regardless, unless MS has another Halo 1 up it's sleeve (no, Titanfall will not be it, sorry) I don't see them catching Sony, likewise I don't see Sony getting much more than (at best) a 10-15 million lead by the end of the gen. Of course if Sony were to have a year were they made all the wrong decisions, anything could happen but it's unlikely right now...

It's not tier based its kinect based. The Tier system was before the changes. Kinect is literally the DEFACTO reason. As I look at the files, the objective is to release in at least the countries promised, and there are job postings for people who speak certain languages.

#90 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Desmonic said:

''PS1:

4 months (one territory) - March 31st, 1995 - 0.85 million

10 months - September 30th, 1995 - 1.77 million

16 months - March 31st, 1996 - 4.26 million

22 months - September 30th, 1996 - 8.07 million

28 months - March 31st, 1997 - 13.50 million

PS2:

1 month (one territory) - March 31st, 2000 - 1.41 million

7 months (one territory) - September 30th, 2000 - 3.52 million

13 months - March 31st, 2001 - 10.61 million

19 months - September 30th, 2001 - 19.58 million

22 months - December 30th, 2001 - 24.99 million

PS3:

1 month - December 31st, 2006 - 1.7 million

4 months - March 31st, 2007 - 3.5 million

7 months - June 30th, 2007 - 4.2 million

10 months - September 30th, 2007 - 5.5 million

13 months - December 31st, 2007 - 10.4 million

PS4:

1 day - November 16th, 2013 - 1 million

2 weeks - December 1st, 2013 - 2.1 million

1 month - December 28th, 2013 - 4.2 million

3 months - February 8th, 2014 - 5.3 million''

taken from gaff. ps4 is ahead of ps2, not sure about wii. question is how long will this momentum last

Those numbers are just insane. If they manage to somehow maintain this rithym until the end of this first year they could potential sell over 15 million! (assuming a lot of things go right of course, which they rarely do, thus 10 million is the more realistic mark).

#91 Edited by bforrester420 (1193 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

The one isn't a simple gaming console and there is no reason to sell it in countries where the features aren't enabled or don't work properly. Its not about Tier, its about voice navigation and television resolution difference overseas. They have to get it right before they launch. As for Titanfall, after playing it and talking to others who have played it, it will move Xbox One systems. Just wait till that marketing campaign starts. It will be everywhere. The game has the quality and long term appeal to sell. No one game shoves a system past a competition. It takes a number of them.

As for the likely end of console cycle being a 10-15 system difference, I agree with that.

It makes NO SENSE to sell it in countries where it is not, and has never been, popular to begin with. I'll be surprised if Microsoft releases in Japan at all, for example.

#92 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3647 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@killatwill15 said:

@xhawk27 said:

And Zero Games! Hahahahaha

really? they sold 9.2 million games as of last month

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-4-sales-reach-4-2-million-outselling-xbox-one-by-1-2-million-units-in-2013/1100-6416987/

I wonder how much it is at now.

I tried pulling up xbone sales numbers,

but they mustve outsold the ps4 and they are just being modest by not showing em

Last month MS sold the most games in North America.

Seeing as though the PS4 has several decent FtP games and a couple free downloads for people who likely have PS+ now that is no surprise.... Both launch lineups lacked killer titles in my opinion.

#93 Edited by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

It's not tier based its kinect based. The Tier system was before the changes. Kinect is literally the DEFACTO reason. As I look at the files, the objective is to release in at least the countries promised, and there are job postings for people who speak certain languages.

That's not the explanation they gave to the general public however. I think the consumers would have understood that sort of reasoning (we have to use Kinect but we want to make sure it'll work properly in your country!) much better than the Tier based info we ended up receiving.

I'm not sure what the heck happened with MS's marketing team, but they messed up with the X1. A shame too. If last gen proved us anything is that very close console races (not counting the Wii) provided us with better exclusives, better games and better services.

#94 Posted by Bren128 (2352 posts) -

But But But But......................da PS4 has released in more countries

#95 Posted by Omega-316 (757 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Whoopty flippity doo

you mad son? you mad? ye you mad....

hahahaha im loving this. xboners getting owned left and rite. Cant catch a break.

#96 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6027 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I like how you only choose to listen to the rumors that benefit your argument. Typical Tormentos.

#97 Edited by WitIsWisdom (3647 posts) -

Not that it matters, but who was guessing those numbers? I figured it would do better which it is.. but some people actually claimed 4-7 times? I think 2:1 would have been a good guess....

#98 Posted by lostrib (32964 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Whoopty flippity doo

you mad son? you mad? ye you mad....

hahahaha im loving this. xboners getting owned left and rite. Cant catch a break.

Yes, I am obviously fuming. That darn PS4 *shakes fist*

#99 Posted by santoron (7622 posts) -

Very strong early numbers, especially considering it hasn't launched in Japan.

I'm just waiting for stock to return to the US at this point. My whole town has run dry and you can't even order one on Amazon without paying a ~$100 dollar premium to one of their "3rd party partners". A couple weeks ago they weren't common in my area but you could get one with some diligence. I assume shipments have dried up as they shift inventory towards the Japanese launch.

#100 Edited by Tlgersuperman (87 posts) -

@Bren128 said:

But But But But......................da PS4 has released in more countries

But it did...