PS4 sales have surpassed 5.3m | As of Feb 8th

  • 166 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/playstation4-sales-surpass-53-million-units-worldwide-245922801.html

http://scei.co.jp/corporate/release/140218_e.html

Currently the PS4 is the #1 Next Generation system in North America and Latin America and Europe/Asia

So it sold another 1.1m+ in just over a month, very impressive.

“I am thrilled that so many customers around the globe have continued to select PS4 as the best place to play throughout and beyond the holiday season," said Andrew House, President and Group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "We are delighted that according to the NPD Group's latest data, PS4 was January's top-selling console in the United States. The PS4 system's momentum just keeps growing stronger, and we are extremely grateful for the continued passion and support of PlayStation fans. February 22 sees the launch of PS4 in Japan, and I'm looking forward to Japanese fans sharing the excitement of the deep social capabilities and entertainment experiences only possible on PS4."

#2 Posted by lostrib (35817 posts) -

Whoopty flippity doo

#3 Posted by MightyMuna (1743 posts) -

Absolute madness.

Probably has surpassed Wii U.

#4 Edited by lglz1337 (3419 posts) -

TLHBO! MS GOT OWNED!

end of this month it will go over 6 mil after japan release

#5 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

Absolute madness.

Probably has surpassed Wii U.

Actually... The Wii U has shipped 5.83m, but considering these figures are sold.. Maybe so.

#6 Posted by Slashkice (13091 posts) -

That probably puts it over the Wii U worldwide and it hasn't even launched in Japan yet.

#7 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2572 posts) -

Absolute madness.

Probably has surpassed Wii U.

#8 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4620 posts) -

Nice. They'll clear 7 million by the end of March. Great day to announce it too with the new trailer for the first true next gen killer app.

Been a bad week for lems so far.

#9 Posted by finalstar2007 (25090 posts) -

My god over 5 million sold and i still dont own one yet.. why does it have to be sold out everywhere? :(

Japan release next week i expect them to hit 6 million very soon.

they just exceeded their expectations too so congrats!

#10 Edited by Couth_ (10059 posts) -

madness

#11 Posted by silversix_ (14283 posts) -

I remember reading tones of articles about 6 months before ps4 came out that next gen won't sell very well because of poor economy, ps360 still going strong and not so good launch lineup wouldn't entice people buying new consoles. so wtf happened to that? Everyone is horny for a new console and i've been saying that for ages for the simple fact that last gen lasted waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

#12 Posted by EZs (1310 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

TLHBO! MS GOT OWNED!

end of this month it will go over 6 mil after japan release

Yes probably even more with Infamous SS and MGS:GZ just around the corner!

#13 Edited by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

pretty soon people the xbox one will join the wii u,

as the system nobody gets that has not that many great games,

and the worst multiplats

#14 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

pretty soon people the xbox one will join the wii u,

as the system nobody gets that has not that many great games,

and the worst multiplats

lol

#15 Edited by xhawk27 (7262 posts) -

And Zero Games! Hahahahaha

#16 Edited by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

And Zero Games! Hahahahaha

So.. What you are saying is. The PS4 is just like the Xbox 360? Better sales, better multiplats and no games?? Wait.. I thought lems loved the 360.

Am i missing something here? :|

#17 Edited by killatwill15 (845 posts) -
#18 Posted by getyeryayasout (7359 posts) -

Dominating sales and killing System Wars, PS4!

#19 Posted by xhawk27 (7262 posts) -
#20 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2534 posts) -

They are going to sell over 10 million in one year at this rate.

#21 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (770 posts) -

Alright, with M$ and Nintendo no match for Sony, looks like it's just PC vs PS4 now. Indie games versus Sony's award winning first party.

Let the fight begin!

#22 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@killatwill15 said:

@xhawk27 said:

And Zero Games! Hahahahaha

really? they sold 9.2 million games as of last month

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-4-sales-reach-4-2-million-outselling-xbox-one-by-1-2-million-units-in-2013/1100-6416987/

I wonder how much it is at now.

I tried pulling up xbone sales numbers,

but they mustve outsold the ps4 and they are just being modest by not showing em

Last month MS sold the most games in North America.

until you find those numbers to back up your claim,

your claim is about as meaningful as a solid shit,

minus the assplay

#23 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Return of the KING.

Xflop might have sold 250K in January worldwide.

#24 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Return of the KING.

@lostrib said:

Whoopty flippity doo

Try antagonizing lems. It can be fun.

#25 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@killatwill15 said:

@xhawk27 said:

And Zero Games! Hahahahaha

really? they sold 9.2 million games as of last month

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/playstation-4-sales-reach-4-2-million-outselling-xbox-one-by-1-2-million-units-in-2013/1100-6416987/

I wonder how much it is at now.

I tried pulling up xbone sales numbers,

but they mustve outsold the ps4 and they are just being modest by not showing em

Last month MS sold the most games in North America.

Microsoft were comparing the xbox one and 360 figures, to the PS4 and PS3.

The PS4 actually sold more games then the Xbox One, so.. why would you compare last generation systems, when we are meant to be comparing PS4/XB1 figures?

#26 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

Now Lemmings and Hermits have something mutual to cry about.

#27 Posted by soulitane (13482 posts) -

Good to know, should get more devs to jump on board.

#28 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

Alright, with M$ and Nintendo no match for Sony, looks like it's just PC vs PS4 now. Indie games versus Sony's award winning first party.

Let the fight begin!

Actually PlayStation is raking in the indies the only difference is PS indies get GOTY awards where PC indies bug out on steam.

The only thing PCs have left are RTSes which is a nice way of saying it's going to be a one way fist fight.,

#29 Posted by blamix99 (1827 posts) -

Congratz Sony.. Japan Release is gonna be Crazy

#30 Posted by Sagemode87 (932 posts) -

Congrats Sony

#31 Posted by Netret0120 (2084 posts) -

And they have yet to release their console in Japan which will push sales past 6 million before the end of February.

#32 Posted by _Matt_ (8908 posts) -

Impressive. I really want to see how many units will be sold at Japanese launch.

#33 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Inb4 blackace, StormyJoe, and kuu2 meltdown. This is a terrible week to be a lem, between this news, MGS being 720p and Thief being 900p on Xbone I bet lems are on suicide watch. Damn, they will easily blow past 7 million in March. I can't wait for Japanese launch next week. I wonder if they've surpassed WiiU WW sales. If they haven't right now they will by next week.

#34 Posted by HitmanActual (338 posts) -

Lems can't catch a break...the hits just keep coming.

#35 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4314 posts) -

Lems can't catch a break...the hits just keep coming.

Perfect gif, this is beyind stunning from sony. 1.1m sold in the last 5 weeks in the slowest month. The bone is estimated to be at 3.3m

#36 Posted by Suppaman100 (3860 posts) -

"Bu..bu..bu..PS4 has nooo gameezzz"

LMFAO

TLHBO

#37 Edited by aroxx_ab (9473 posts) -

Ps4 have soon sold more than Xboner and WiiU combined:D

#38 Posted by misterpmedia (3380 posts) -

Damn! Is like Xb1 still around 3mil total still? Sony rolling out those PS4s. Japanese launch in just 4 days as well.

#39 Posted by joel_c17 (2835 posts) -

Don't worry lems - I'm sure MS is going to ship a bunch of consoles to retailers for a one off discount and claim those numbers as sold in no time.

#40 Posted by super600 (30521 posts) -

Damn! Is like Xb1 still around 3mil total still? Sony rolling out those PS4s. Japanese launch in just 4 days as well.

It's not going to sell that well in japan when it launches because of the games being released for the console in that country.

#41 Edited by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@super600 said:

@misterpmedia said:

Damn! Is like Xb1 still around 3mil total still? Sony rolling out those PS4s. Japanese launch in just 4 days as well.

It's not going to sell that well in japan when it launches because of the games being released for the console in that country.

What are you talking about? PS4's launch line up is much stronger than europe or america. And let's not forget yakuza.

Here it is.

- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag

- Battlefield 4

- Call of Duty: Ghosts

- Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Collector’s Edition

- FIFA 14

- Killzone: Shadow Fall

- Knack

- NBA 2K14

- Need for Speed: Rivals

- Nobunaga’s Ambition: Creation

- Strider

- Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

- Yakuza: Ishin!

PSN only:

- Blacklight: Retribution

- Contrast

- Doki-Doki Universe

- Don’t Starve

- Dream Club: Host Girl On Stage

- Nikoli no Puzzle: Sudoku

- Onigiri

- Resogun

- Tottemo E Mahjong Plus

- Warframe

Plus, metal gear solid is only 4 weeks away. It should do at least 400k in it's first week

#42 Edited by super600 (30521 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@super600 said:

@misterpmedia said:

Damn! Is like Xb1 still around 3mil total still? Sony rolling out those PS4s. Japanese launch in just 4 days as well.

It's not going to sell that well in japan when it launches because of the games being released for the console in that country.

What are you talking about? PS4's launch line up is much stronger than europe or america. And let's not forget yakuza.

Here it is.

- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag

- Battlefield 4

- Call of Duty: Ghosts

- Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Collector’s Edition

- FIFA 14

- Killzone: Shadow Fall

- Knack

- NBA 2K14

- Need for Speed: Rivals

- Nobunaga’s Ambition: Creation

- Strider

- Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

- Yakuza: Ishin!

PSN only:

- Blacklight: Retribution

- Contrast

- Doki-Doki Universe

- Don’t Starve

- Dream Club: Host Girl On Stage

- Nikoli no Puzzle: Sudoku

- Onigiri

- Resogun

- Tottemo E Mahjong Plus

- Warframe

Plus, metal gear solid is only 4 weeks away. It should do at least 400k in it's first week

No one will care about most of those games in japan.They will buy a ps4 eventually for multiplats like those two metal gear solid games, Kingdom hearts 3 and japanese exclusives. I expect a long road to 2 million for the PS4 in japan until more japanese games release for the console.

#43 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@super600 said:

@Sweenix said:

@super600 said:

@misterpmedia said:

Damn! Is like Xb1 still around 3mil total still? Sony rolling out those PS4s. Japanese launch in just 4 days as well.

It's not going to sell that well in japan when it launches because of the games being released for the console in that country.

What are you talking about? PS4's launch line up is much stronger than europe or america. And let's not forget yakuza.

Here it is.

- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag

- Battlefield 4

- Call of Duty: Ghosts

- Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Collector’s Edition

- FIFA 14

- Killzone: Shadow Fall

- Knack

- NBA 2K14

- Need for Speed: Rivals

- Nobunaga’s Ambition: Creation

- Strider

- Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

- Yakuza: Ishin!

PSN only:

- Blacklight: Retribution

- Contrast

- Doki-Doki Universe

- Don’t Starve

- Dream Club: Host Girl On Stage

- Nikoli no Puzzle: Sudoku

- Onigiri

- Resogun

- Tottemo E Mahjong Plus

- Warframe

Plus, metal gear solid is only 4 weeks away. It should do at least 400k in it's first week

No one will care about most of those games in japan.They will buy a ps4 eventually for multiplats like those two metal gear solid games, Kingdom hearts 3 and japanese exclusives. I expect a long road to 2 million for the PS4 in japan until more japanese games release for the console.

Yakuza is one of the biggest franchise's in japan, it's not on final fantasy's level, but it's on kingdom hearts and tales level.

#44 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16449 posts) -

pretty soon people the xbox one will join the wii u,

as the system nobody gets that has not that many great games,

and the worst multiplats

Actually the Xbone lagging behind is a good thing.

Xbox 360 sold really well, and MS said that once the the console is selling at a steady pace that exclusives aren't important.

So if MS wants to pass the PS4 in sales, they'll perhaps focus on more exclusives besides forza/halo/gears :)

#45 Posted by iwasgood2u (775 posts) -

I think its time we stop making threads about ps4 vs xboner. It should now be xboner 720p vs wii-U THEY make cute couples.

#46 Posted by super600 (30521 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@super600 said:

@Sweenix said:

@super600 said:

@misterpmedia said:

Damn! Is like Xb1 still around 3mil total still? Sony rolling out those PS4s. Japanese launch in just 4 days as well.

It's not going to sell that well in japan when it launches because of the games being released for the console in that country.

What are you talking about? PS4's launch line up is much stronger than europe or america. And let's not forget yakuza.

Here it is.

- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag

- Battlefield 4

- Call of Duty: Ghosts

- Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Collector’s Edition

- FIFA 14

- Killzone: Shadow Fall

- Knack

- NBA 2K14

- Need for Speed: Rivals

- Nobunaga’s Ambition: Creation

- Strider

- Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

- Yakuza: Ishin!

PSN only:

- Blacklight: Retribution

- Contrast

- Doki-Doki Universe

- Don’t Starve

- Dream Club: Host Girl On Stage

- Nikoli no Puzzle: Sudoku

- Onigiri

- Resogun

- Tottemo E Mahjong Plus

- Warframe

Plus, metal gear solid is only 4 weeks away. It should do at least 400k in it's first week

No one will care about most of those games in japan.They will buy a ps4 eventually for multiplats like those two metal gear solid games, Kingdom hearts 3 and japanese exclusives. I expect a long road to 2 million for the PS4 in japan until more japanese games release for the console.

Yakuza is one of the biggest franchise's in japan, it's not on final fantasy's level, but it's on kingdom hearts and tales level.

Yakuza is on the PS3 to so that will be a nonfactor in the amount of PS4's sold since not that many people will want to buy a yakuza game on the PS4 since it's not a system seller for the PS4.

#47 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@super600 said:

@Sweenix said:

@super600 said:

@Sweenix said:

@super600 said:

@misterpmedia said:

Damn! Is like Xb1 still around 3mil total still? Sony rolling out those PS4s. Japanese launch in just 4 days as well.

It's not going to sell that well in japan when it launches because of the games being released for the console in that country.

What are you talking about? PS4's launch line up is much stronger than europe or america. And let's not forget yakuza.

Here it is.

- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag

- Battlefield 4

- Call of Duty: Ghosts

- Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Collector’s Edition

- FIFA 14

- Killzone: Shadow Fall

- Knack

- NBA 2K14

- Need for Speed: Rivals

- Nobunaga’s Ambition: Creation

- Strider

- Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition

- Yakuza: Ishin!

PSN only:

- Blacklight: Retribution

- Contrast

- Doki-Doki Universe

- Don’t Starve

- Dream Club: Host Girl On Stage

- Nikoli no Puzzle: Sudoku

- Onigiri

- Resogun

- Tottemo E Mahjong Plus

- Warframe

Plus, metal gear solid is only 4 weeks away. It should do at least 400k in it's first week

No one will care about most of those games in japan.They will buy a ps4 eventually for multiplats like those two metal gear solid games, Kingdom hearts 3 and japanese exclusives. I expect a long road to 2 million for the PS4 in japan until more japanese games release for the console.

Yakuza is one of the biggest franchise's in japan, it's not on final fantasy's level, but it's on kingdom hearts and tales level.

Yakuza is on the PS3 to so that will be a nonfactor in the amount of PS4's sold since not that many people will want to buy a yakuza game on the PS4 since it's not a system seller for the PS4.

Wouldn't it be the opposite, why would anyone buy the inferior PS3 version, plus judging from the recent npd, the consumers don't care if the title is a multiplat, because they will still buy it anyways.

Look at it this way. If the Wii U managed over 300k with it's line up, i think 400k for the PS4 is a certainty

#48 Posted by misterpmedia (3380 posts) -

@super600 said:

@misterpmedia said:

Damn! Is like Xb1 still around 3mil total still? Sony rolling out those PS4s. Japanese launch in just 4 days as well.

It's not going to sell that well in japan when it launches because of the games being released for the console in that country.

I guess you missed the point of why they're releasing in Japan last or even seen the Japanese line up lol.

#49 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13821 posts) -

absolutely crazy, looks like Sony has another ps2 on their hands.

This is great because it just encourages devs to take the next gen jump.

#50 Posted by finalstar2007 (25090 posts) -

absolutely crazy, looks like Sony has another ps2 on their hands.

This is great because it just encourages devs to take the next gen jump.

All that is left are the JRPG's and then PS2 days will surely be back! looking forward to see the future games from all devs