PS4's version of NFS is more impressive than PC version

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

PS4 is so powerful, it's delivering pwnage even to PC games.

PS4 pwnd PC

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

I have certain doubts about that. Probably the developer was just working more on PS4 version. Or they didn´t bother to implemet ultra settings for PC yet.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

wasn't the PC used continuously at expos/conventions to demo the new NFS?

On a slightly unrelated note, why the **** are they making a NFS movie?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#4 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Game*, singular. Can the PS4 version be enjoyed at 1440p?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Didn't EA say that the PC version was using the last gen engine? TC confirmed for idiot.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Only means that they ported the current generation to pc nothing more. Doesn't say much about the power of the ps4 or pc.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

You give PS fanboys a bad name seriously. My PC destroys a PS4.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Probably the developer intentionally gimped the PC version to make PS4 look better, which is a dick promotional move. If that level of quality migrates to the final version, then I won´t just be buying next NFS. Project Cars FTW.

EA had better get their shit together. They are not very popular now, so if they don´t stop sucking on MS and Sony, they risk to lose the biggest install base of next gen, which is PC gamers.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

@FlamesOfGrey said:

yeah? how much your PC cost? 1500? 2K? 3K?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

Not surprising really considering how powerful the PS4 is.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By clyde46

@Heil68 said:

A midrange GPU and a laptop CPU are considered powerful? :LOL:

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

lol I call BS.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
@-Damien- said:

@FlamesOfGrey said:

yeah? how much your PC cost? 1500? 2K? 3K?

Now you want to get into separation of price ranges? If you're going to brag about the PS4 being better then PC then you better clarify the range. You made a blanket statement. PS4 being better then low end PCs isn't impressive.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

I thought cows were against forced parity?

ocidax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ocidax
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

PS4 Marketing S...t. No logic

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

I can pretty much promise the settings in game/ t.v settings was more to dudes liking.... ect brightness/contrast/boom.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@lostrib said:

wasn't the PC used continuously at expos/conventions to demo the new NFS?

On a slightly unrelated note, why the **** are they making a NFS movie?

because they want to, name brand and "need for speed" in title sounds a a lot better for racing then some stupid name

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Besides calling BS since they didnt even mentioned what pc they were playing on and what settings they used that makes what ? 2 future games looking better on Ps4 ? Congrats i guess? Meanwhile 95% of multiplatforms will look better on pc

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#20  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@Heil68 said:

A midrange GPU and a laptop CPU are considered powerful? :LOL:

lmfao.

@clyde46 don't take Heil68 too seriously, he's just trolling. His posts always make me laugh. One of my favorite users on here. ;)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Didn't EA say that the PC version was using the last gen engine? TC confirmed for idiot.

@NFJSupreme said:

Only means that they ported the current generation to pc nothing more. Doesn't say much about the power of the ps4 or pc.

Irrelevant when the end results is the PS4 version looks better,the average joe that see the game will not know why the PS4 version look better.

@jhonMalcovich said:

Probably the developer intentionally gimped the PC version to make PS4 look better, which is a dick promotional move. If that level of quality migrates to the final version, then I won´t just be buying next NFS. Project Cars FTW.

EA had better get their shit together. They are not very popular now, so if they don´t stop sucking on MS and Sony, they risk to lose the biggest install base of next gen, which is PC gamers.

Stupid comment of the Month.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By clyde46

@tormentos said:

@clyde46 said:

@NFJSupreme said:

Irrelevant when the end results is the PS4 version looks better,the average joe that see the game will not know why the PS4 version look better.

@jhonMalcovich said:

Stupid comment of the Month.

Look at all that spin!

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

The most likely scenerio here is that the settings weren't set appropriatley for the demo. IT's some polygon dude, that probably never plays on PC and wouldn't think to look at the video settings.

We also don't know what hardware the PC was running.

So it could have been low end PC's, or a video settings difference between the PS4 and PC.

But watch cows hold on to this silly comment for dear life, even though EVERY other multi-plat ahs been confirmed to run/look better on PC AND sometimes feature PC exclusive graphics options.

They'll be shouting it from the streets!

"But, but, NFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tormentos

@clyde46 said:

Look at all that spin!

Well you are the one with damage control calling people idiots..lol

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 clyde46

@tormentos said:

@clyde46 said:

Look at all that spin!

Well you are the one with damage control calling people idiots..lol

Umm what? EA have said that the PC is using last gen's engine...... Thats not D/C, thats fact but for you, the King of Spin here on GS that fact appears not to matter.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tormentos

@Kinthalis said:

The most likely scenerio here is that the settings weren't set appropriatley for the demo. IT's some polygon dude, that probably never plays on PC and wouldn't think to look at the video settings.

So it could have been low end PC's, or a video settings difference between the PS4 and PC.

But watch cows hold on to this silly comment for dear life, even though EVERY other multi-plat ahs been confirmed to run/look better on PC AND sometimes feature PC exclusive graphics options.

Really.?

So it was set to low quality on PC right.?

This is the reason you got banned on neogaf for trolling on a BF4 thread,when images of high vs medium were posted and they looked almost the same,you over react to much...lol

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kinthalis

@tormentos said:

@Kinthalis said:

Really.?

So it was set to low quality on PC right.?

This is the reason you got banned on neogaf for trolling on a BF4 thread,when images of high vs medium were posted and they looked almost the same,you over react to much...lol

No, I don't know why the plygon guy said that. But you gotta figure: What's more likely? That someone didn't set up the setting sappropriately, or that the PC's used were lwoer end.. or that the PS4 version of THIS multi-plat game and Yet THIS game only somehow look better on the PS4? When in contrast ALL other shown multi-plat games look and run better on PC?

You tell me. What's more likely? That they purposely gimped the PC version? That they magically made the PS4 more powerful than a high end PC? Or that the the settings or hardware were lower end?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tormentos

@clyde46 said:

Umm what? EA have said that the PC is using last gen's engine...... Thats not D/C, thats fact but for you, the King of Spin here on GS that fact appears not to matter.

Yes but you did not have to call him idiot..hahaha...

And like i say it still is irrelevant when people look at both version and the end results is the PS4 version look better,it could have been plain sabotage from all we know the results still is the same.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tormentos

@Kinthalis said:

No, I don't know why the plygon guy said that. But you gotta figure: What's more likely? That someone didn't set up the setting sappropriately, or that the PC's used were lwoer end.. or that the PS4 version of THIS multi-plat game and Yet THIS game only somehow look better on the PS4? When in contrast ALL other shown multi-plat games look and run better on PC?

You tell me. What's more likely? That they purposely gimped the PC version? That they magically made the PS4 more powerful than a high end PC? Or that the the settings or hardware were lower end?

Honestly talking.?

This is EA the fact that the PS4 version is say to look better is a testament of much they suck,and how all they want is a quick cash grab.

Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts

This is the norm for most games like this early in a generation. Sports/racing games from developers like EA were based on the Xbox and PS2 engines at the start of this gen. It will be no different this time. It makes perfect business sense. Lets face it, if you want to play Need for Speed games or sports titles you don't buy a gaming PC.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

can some1 please tell me how the f*ck did this game managed to look better than both F5 and Drive Club? I don't get it.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

@clyde46 said:

They actually said the PC version would be using the same engine as the X1 and PS4. I also remember them saying PC would be the best version, I take it mainly because it would be running at 60 FPS. I mean they are using frostbite 3, I dont really see how they can gimp the PC version.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

pc version will be the best like nearl all other games ever made.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By clyde46

@GTSaiyanjin2 said:

@clyde46 said:

They actually said the PC version would be using the same engine as the X1 and PS4. I also remember them saying PC would be the best version, I take it mainly because it would be running at 60 FPS. I mean they are using frostbite 3, I dont really see how they can gimp the PC version.

I know Fifa on PC is running on last gen engines, I thought they were doing the same with NFS.

UNcartMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By UNcartMe
Member since 2011 • 725 Posts

It's because no one buys PC games at full retail. Most either wait for steam sales or just illegally download them.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Kinthalis

Well, well, well.

Kotaku now says that they are identical. Same event too. Though this time the guy actually points out that he didn't know what settings the PC version was running.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tormentos

@Kinthalis said:

Well, well, well.

Kotaku now says that they are identical. Same event too. Though this time the guy actually points out that he didn't know what settings the PC version was running.

They also say both look great,and like always the xbox one version is missing in action..

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By clyde46

@UNcartMe said:

It's because no one buys PC games at full retail. Most either wait for steam sales or just illegally download them.

And console users buy used which is the worst thing for this industry. Once again, console users don't give a crap about the very industry they love to take from.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@GTSaiyanjin2 said:

@clyde46 said:

I know Fifa on PC is running on last gen engines, I thought they were doing the same with NFS.

Yeah that would be the EA ignite engine. NFS is not using that. FIFA,Madden,NBA live, and the UFC game are using it.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

And yet, it's still NFS, so it'll suck by default. I pity anyone buying this game at launch with the PS4. Though I'm not surprised as there is nothing really to buy at launch for either Console.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

It will definitely look better than xbone too. I remember shu tweeting about it :P

NameIess_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NameIess_One
Member since 2013 • 1077 Posts

Unless the PC version is a port of the PS360 version, or is running on some older engine, I find this pretty hard to believe.

But, it's NFS, so whatever's going on here, can't say I care much. Been a while since the last NFS game I enjoyed.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@UNcartMe: Your talking about waiting for steam sales when console gamers were worried that next gen console would restrict used game especially with the reveal of the xbone.

NameIess_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By NameIess_One
Member since 2013 • 1077 Posts

@UNcartMe said:

I don't understand what you're implying here. Are you saying they're trying to fight piracy by decreasing the game quality and making it look worse than it should?

SteXmaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#47  Edited By SteXmaN
Member since 2012 • 550 Posts

So consoles will have better versions of FIFA 14,NBA 2k14 and NFS.Not bad not bad.

What about PC? Here we go:

1. Watch Dogs
  2. AC4
  3. BF4
  4. CoD: Ghosts
  5. Cyberpunk 2077 (no specific release for next-gen consoles)
  6. FFXIV: ARR (catching up with PC version)
  7. Thief
  8. The Division
  9. The Witcher 3
  10. Doom4
  11. TESO
  12. TitanFall
  13. Dragon Age 3
  14. Mass Effect 4
  15. EQ:Next
  16. Planetside 2
  17. Deus Ex World
  18. Dark Souls 2
  19. The Evil Within
  20. Wolfenstein
  21. The Witness
  22. Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 - Patriots
  23. Far Cry 4

so far...there will be more ;)

made by lundy86_4 edited by Jankarcop dedicated to:consolites

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

PC version is probably a port of the current gen versions

Same for FIFA & NBA2k

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@SteXmaN said:

So consoles will have better versions of FIFA 14,NBA 2k14 and NFS.Not bad not bad.

1. Watch Dogs
  2. AC4
  3. BF4
  7. Thief
  8. The Division
  9. The Witcher 3
  10. Doom4
  11. TESO
  12. TitanFall
  13. Dragon Age 3
  14. Mass Effect 4
  16. Planetside 2
  17. Deus Ex World
  18. Dark Souls 2
  19. The Evil Within
  20. Wolfenstein
  21. The Witness
  22. Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 - Patriots
  23. Far Cry 4

so far...there will be more ;)

made by Jankarcop

I bet you got an erection posting that list

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

@SteXmaN said:

1. Watch Dogs
  2. AC4
  3. BF4
  7. Thief
  8. The Division
  9. The Witcher 3
  10. Doom4
  11. TESO
  12. TitanFall
  13. Dragon Age 3
  14. Mass Effect 4
  16. Planetside 2
  17. Deus Ex World
  18. Dark Souls 2