#1 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2683 posts) -

Even Zelda or Mario can´t come this close than Rime

This art style is amazing

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (41888 posts) -

It looks crazy good.

#3 Posted by intotheminx (768 posts) -

The art style is gorgeous.

#4 Posted by PAL360 (27078 posts) -

Technicaly obviously not. The art direction is subjective, but i love it!

#5 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6126 posts) -

Well it is in fact graphically beyond any Zelda game. But it won't be the better game. Although it's a day one for me. Looks like it could be fantastic. The atmosphere and the music in the trailer attracted me to it. Peaceful.

#6 Posted by charizard1605 (59612 posts) -

The art style is amazing. It's definitely up there at the top.

@scottpsfan14 said:

Well it is in fact graphically beyond any Zelda game.

Eh, I don't know man, the new Wii U Zelda game looks stunning.

#7 Posted by Ben-Buja (3131 posts) -

Yeah Rime is beautiful. I'm planning to pick this up when I get my PS4

#8 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (15192 posts) -

Everything that comes to Playstation gets so much hype that I'm actually desensitized to it now, I know longer have the energy to sift through which of these games deserve the hype and which ones are just fanboys flapping their gums. They all sound the same to me now.

#9 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6126 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

The art style is amazing. It's definitely up there at the top.

@scottpsfan14 said:

Well it is in fact graphically beyond any Zelda game.

Eh, I don't know man, the new Wii U Zelda game looks stunning.

It will be 1080p to boot. It will have higer res character models to boot. Etc. But asthetically they are similar actually. But I like the look of it.

Not gonna lie though, I wish the new Zelda game wasn't cell-shaded and looked more like Twilight Princess or the Zelda tech demo at the Wii U reveal.

#10 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6126 posts) -
@Lulu_Lulu said:

Everything that comes to Playstation gets so much hype that I'm actually desensitized to it now, I know longer have the energy to sift through which of these games deserve the hype and which ones are just fanboys flapping their gums. They all sound the same to me now.

Well then learn to think for yourself. I was annoyed by TLOU hype and when I finally played it I decided for my self if I liked it or not. Why can't you do the same without caring how a game is recieved or hyped? It might be genuinely good.

#11 Posted by Cloud_imperium (4806 posts) -

@intotheminx said:

The art style is gorgeous.

#12 Posted by AfroChibi (6 posts) -

Looks pretty sharp but I don't have it.

#13 Posted by Sollet (7441 posts) -

Well the art direction is indeed what makes this game look gorgeous.

#14 Posted by MonsieurX (31177 posts) -

Nope

#15 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (15192 posts) -

@scottpsfan14

Uhmlll hello... Thats what I always do.... Thats what I'm tired of.

#16 Posted by Flubbbs (3398 posts) -

it does look beautiful

#17 Edited by farrell2k (6675 posts) -

Cows on Zelda; "Looks too kiddie. Only 9 year olds play cell shaded games, Nintendo."

Cows on Rime: "Fantastic. Looks beautiful, a work of art. I can't wait to play it!!!!!1111111oneneoeneoejoeeojeoenoeoejnoenoneoen"

#18 Edited by scottpsfan14 (6126 posts) -
@farrell2k said:

Cows on Zelda; "Looks too kiddie. Only 9 year olds play cell shaded games, Nintendo."

Cows on Rime: "Fantastic. Looks beautiful, a work of art!!!!!1111111oneneoeneoejoeeojeoenoeoejnoenoneoen"

I've always praised Zelda.

#19 Posted by speedfog (3326 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

Cows on Rime: "Fantastic. Looks beautiful, a work of art. I can't wait to play it!!!!!1111111oneneoeneoejoeeojeoenoeoejnoenoneoen"

This.

#20 Posted by blamix99 (2431 posts) -

it does look beautiful, i love games like this

#21 Edited by yokofox33 (30133 posts) -

It's certainly a very unique art style. It looks gorgeous from that perspective.

#22 Posted by osan0 (12864 posts) -

in some places it suffers from the same problem WW HD suffers from: the tech is working against it. just because the hardware has the capacity to do something doesnt mean the developer should do it.

so it looks a little inconsistent in places. Some things (like the gold ORB) are very detailed and look lovely in their own right. in the trailer it started to rain and the ground got all wet and had droplet effects which, again, was very nice but looked out of place.

its very hard to get right though. the water effect in the rain looked off imho...but the normal sea water looks absolutely spot on and fits right in.

overall though its still a very nice looking game. one to keep an eye out for.

#23 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2683 posts) -

@speedfog said:

@farrell2k said:

This.

Never heard of this.

Just little Zelda vs Rime :)

#24 Edited by farrell2k (6675 posts) -

Rime does look better, but remember that Zelda is 12 year old artwork.

#25 Posted by Heirren (18089 posts) -

Looks like Ico/Zelda....or just Windwaker with slightly muted colors.

#26 Posted by Ballroompirate (23450 posts) -

I'll let you know when I get it so I can judge it properly.

#27 Edited by which_wich (197 posts) -

The art style is beautiful. I love it. I'm definitely going to play this along with Wild

#28 Posted by manny280 (1990 posts) -

It does look great, I'm assuming we're talking about art style right? If that's the case I'd say Okami is more impressive.

#29 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14737 posts) -

Rime has a lot more going on than Zelda, so technically it has it beat.

I'm kind of bummed there's no combat tho man. I really wanted a new ICO.

#30 Posted by uninspiredcup (10044 posts) -

Crysis 3 looks better.

#31 Posted by B4X (5625 posts) -

Zelda gameplay is almost flawless.

Rime LOOKS amazing. The art direction is fantastic.

Will the gameplay be as polished as Zelda? Rime has a steep hill to climb to be mentioned with the likes of Zelda.

#32 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2683 posts) -

Also i love this summer tropical settings. Look this water, so bright and nice. I wanna swim in there :)

#33 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6126 posts) -
@b4x said:

Zelda gameplay is almost flawless.

Rime LOOKS amazing. The art direction is fantastic.

Will the gameplay be as polished as Zelda? Rime has a steep hill to climb to be mentioned with the likes of Zelda.

It looks more like Ico than Zelda. Putting it up against Wind Waker is not fair since it's being made by a dozen people or so. It's obviously going to be a different game as it has no combat. We will have to wait and see how it plays and what exactly the mechanics are.

#34 Posted by Alcapello (1071 posts) -

The game looks really sweet, I wonders if it has a jump mechanic

#35 Posted by p3anut (5968 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

Same thing I was thinking. Wind Waker got bashed to no end for it's artstyle by cows.

#36 Posted by parkurtommo (27505 posts) -

Why THE FUCK is this being compared to Zelda?

Makes 0 sense.

Compare it to Journey, that is the most similar game.

Looks great, probably the only thing I liked from Gamescom.

#37 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2683 posts) -

@p3anut said:

@farrell2k said:

Same thing I was thinking. Wind Waker got bashed to no end for it's artstyle by cows.

Show some proof that got bashed?

#38 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73502 posts) -

when it comes to the art direction hell yeah. It looks beautiful

#39 Posted by madsnakehhh (14756 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

This. Also, i don't understand why even mentioning Mario in the OP, oh well...typical cow stuff i guess.

Anyway, the game does look incredible, would this be this gen's ICO or Journey? who knows, but i would love to find out.

#40 Edited by p3anut (5968 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@p3anut said:

@farrell2k said:

Show some proof that got bashed?

No need for proof, everybody knows this as a fact. A lot of Ninty games get called "kiddy" due to their art styles.

#41 Posted by Aljosa23 (25631 posts) -

Looks neat I guess. Not interested in another artistic walking simulator.

#42 Posted by BldgIrsh (2889 posts) -

Not official till @gpuking crowns it "Graphics King." He's been giving lots of crowns lately so it should be shortly.

#43 Posted by lundy86_4 (43878 posts) -

Artistically, it looks pretty neat. I'll wait to actually play it.

#44 Edited by silversix_ (15273 posts) -

Prefer the Ori art style. Here i said something positive about xbone!

#45 Posted by which_wich (197 posts) -

@speedfog said:

@farrell2k said:

This.

Hypocrisy in Sys Wars? Ya don't say.

#46 Posted by hehe101 (783 posts) -

I hope not

#47 Edited by coasterguy65 (6120 posts) -

Thought this was a joke thread...then I realized it's a PS exclusive, so of course it's being hyped as a graphics masterpiece.

Pretty sure cows bashed the crap out of Wind Waker for it's art style...so....since there is no eye roll emote anymore I'll just add my own here.....eye roll.

#48 Edited by GreySeal9 (24910 posts) -

This is undoubtedly one of the most aesthetically gorgeous games ever made, but the problem is that it's hard to get a feel for how it's going to play. On a relate note, I would go nuts if there was an RPG that looked like this (Ni No Kuni doesn't fit the bill IMO).

#49 Posted by GreySeal9 (24910 posts) -

@coasterguy65 said:

Thought this was a joke thread...then I realized it's a PS exclusive, so of course it's being hyped as a graphics masterpiece.

Pretty sure cows bashed the crap out of Wind Waker for it's art style...so....since there is no eye roll emote anymore I'll just add my own here.....eye roll.

Well, it's not a technical masterpiece, but in terms of its art style, it's soul stirringly beautiful.

But yeah, cows are definitely the biggest hyprocrites on SW.

#50 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (15192 posts) -

Unless this game has CO-OP........ EPIC FAIL !