PS4 Release Date: October 29th?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drakekratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 drakekratos
Member since 2011 • 2311 Posts

Some websites have done a lot of digging and found out that ACIV is coming out on October 29th, and will be on "next-gen consoles". Wouldn't it make perfect sense for them to release this game on PS4 launch day to optimize their sales? 

That seems more likely than releasing it first on PS3, and then releasing it a week or two later on PS4. 

Right now it's just speculation, but with Sony announcing "Holiday 2013" as their launch window, most people have suspected an early November release for PS4, so late-October would make sense too. 

ShlJpor.jpg

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

That would be the day after my birthday. Everybody gets a free PS4 on their birthday, right? :)

drakekratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 drakekratos

That would be the day after my birthday. Everybody gets a free PS4 on their birthday, right? :)

AdobeArtist
If their significant other(or parents) are willing to camp out in line :-)
Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

That doesn't have to be the case. Some games do come out before the launch of the console.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

AdobeArtist

Day after my birthday too

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

AdobeArtist

Everybody except for you Adobe....everybody except for you

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

That doesnt mean the PS4 launch date is October 29th.  

Assassins Creed 3 came out October 30th on 360/PS3.  The Wii U version followed at the console's release.  

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60702 Posts
That would be awesome.
drakekratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 drakekratos

That doesn't have to be the case. Some games do come out before the launch of the console.

Renegade_Fury
Assassin Creed games are traditionally launched in November BTW.... so why would they change it up all of a sudden? I'm thinking it's because of the PS4 launch
DoobieDude420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DoobieDude420
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

drakekratos
Assassin Creed games are traditionally launched in November BTW.... so why would they change it up all of a sudden? I'm thinking it's because of the PS4 launch

Well AC3 came out end of October as well so it could just be following that trend. They could be avoiding having their sales disrupted by other big games coming out in November as well as possibly being cannibalized by Watch Dogs
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

drakekratos

That doesnt mean the PS4 launch date is October 29th.  

Assassins Creed 3 came out October 30th on 360/PS3.  The Wii U version followed weeks later at the console's release.  

StrongDeadlift

LittleMac19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 LittleMac19
Member since 2009 • 1638 Posts
If it's $300 or cheaper I'll think about it.
wehertn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wehertn
Member since 2003 • 1469 Posts

AdobeArtist
me too ! i sure hope so!!!
drakekratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 drakekratos
If it's $300 or cheaper I'll think about it.LittleMac19
Yeah. Have fun with Wii U *snickers*
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

consoles always launch in nov. everyone knows this.

drakekratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 drakekratos

consoles always launch in nov. everyone knows this.

-Renegade
some launch in sept....
handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts
doubtful, but would be awesome as hell.
Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jack-Burton
Member since 2013 • 2435 Posts

AdobeArtist
That too is a few days after my birthday, maybe wang will get me one although being in Europe at this time Sony wont see fit to release til 2014 ungrateful sobs
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

casharmy

Everybody except for you Adobe....everybody except for you

:evil:

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
Why would you buy it day 1 when all its going to have is mediocre killzone and infamous?
KillaCattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KillaCattle
Member since 2013 • 64 Posts
Why would you buy it day 1 when all its going to have is mediocre killzone and infamous? MBirdy88
why would you buy the 720 day one when all it will have is Kinectimals Xtreme and Halo Kinect Wars?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Why would you buy it day 1 when all its going to have is mediocre killzone and infamous? KillaCattle
why would you buy the 720 day one when all it will have is Kinectimals Xtreme and Halo Kinect Wars?

I agree. so its hardly a counter-attack to me :lol:
Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jack-Burton
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Why would you buy it day 1 when all its going to have is mediocre killzone and infamous? KillaCattle

HAhahahahaah Confirmed games>>>>>> made up games truth hurts dont it.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AdobeArtist  Moderator

Buying any console day 1 is always an unwise purchase. It's at its most expensive and the launch library is almost always lack luster, where you're lucky if there's 1 standout title in the first 6 months. You're basically paying more for less. If you wait, not only does the library build up for more quantity and quality, you can then get all that for a lower price.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Buying any console day 1 is always an unwise purchase. It's at its most expensive and the launch library is almost always lack luster, where you're lucky if there's 1 standout title in the first 6 months. You're basically paying more for less. If you wait, not only does the library build up for more quantity and quality, you can then get all that for a lower price.

AdobeArtist
The only reason to do it in my book is if you are big into your "gamer profile" ... is the PS4's profile seperate from PS3 (as in trophy reset ect)?
KillaCattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KillaCattle
[QUOTE="KillaCattle"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Why would you buy it day 1 when all its going to have is mediocre killzone and infamous? Jack-Burton

Killzone has never been mediocre and Infamous 2 was one of the best sandbox styled games ever to grace consoles. It's easy to call a series mediocre if you are a bitter fanboy but that doesn't make your opinion fact. Hope you enjoy paying 400 bucks for a cable box hooked up to a camera and marred with a bunch of gimmicky games and worn out franchises.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="KillaCattle"][QUOTE="Jack-Burton"][QUOTE="KillaCattle"] why would you buy the 720 day one when all it will have is Kinectimals Xtreme and Halo Kinect Wars?

Killzone has never been mediocre and Infamous 2 was one of the best sandbox styled games ever to grace consoles. It's easy to call a series mediocre if you are a bitter fanboy but that doesn't make your opinion fact. Hope you enjoy paying 400 bucks for a cable box hooked up to a camera and marred with a bunch of gimmicky games and worn out franchises.

Hahahaa I love being classed as a lem.... it makes it all the funnier when your wrong. coming from someone who got the "Rank in the top 4% of players for a month" in Killzone 2 I can ROYALLY confirm that the game was a joke despite being the best in the series it wwas trully an A-AA game, certainly not AAA. what modern multiplayer shooter has damn input lag?
Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jack-Burton
[QUOTE="KillaCattle"][QUOTE="Jack-Burton"][QUOTE="KillaCattle"] why would you buy the 720 day one when all it will have is Kinectimals Xtreme and Halo Kinect Wars?

Killzone never mediocre what planet you live on pal, Killzone one was terrible 2 had good multiplayer but terrible campaign, 3' multiplayer was broken but just above average. Sp again terrible. Has the worst character ever created in Ricco. Infamous 2 flopped get over it. Ps3 will be over £400 bucks hooked up to a camera (eye toy) marred with a bunch of gimmicky move games (media molecule), Launching with Krapzone 4 if that aint warn out I don't know what is. And thats all confirmed.
KillaCattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KillaCattle
[QUOTE="Jack-Burton"][QUOTE="KillaCattle"][QUOTE="Jack-Burton"] HAhahahahaah Confirmed games>>>>>> made up games truth hurts dont it.

Killzone never mediocre what planet you live on pal, Killzone one was terrible 2 had good multiplayer but terrible campaign, 3' multiplayer was broken but just above average. Sp again terrible. Has the worst character ever created in Ricco. Infamous 2 flopped get over it. Ps3 will be over £400 bucks hooked up to a camera (eye toy) marred with a bunch of gimmicky move games (media molecule), Launching with Krapzone 4 if that aint warn out I don't know what is. And thats all confirmed.

-People overstate the shortcomings of the killzone series to describe it as terrible when on a whole the series is good with some noticeable flaws. -Media Molecule has never released a terrible game and only showed a demo of one project they were working on with the move. This has not been confirmed as a game. -There are no Move launch titles so far announced for the PS4 and very little focus was put on Move in the entire conference. -The PlayStation Eye will not be used in the same manner as Kinect and there hasn't been any evidence that Sony will be focusing all their games around motion control.
Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jack-Burton
[QUOTE="KillaCattle"][QUOTE="Jack-Burton"][QUOTE="KillaCattle"] Killzone has never been mediocre and Infamous 2 was one of the best sandbox styled games ever to grace consoles. It's easy to call a series mediocre if you are a bitter fanboy but that doesn't make your opinion fact. Hope you enjoy paying 400 bucks for a cable box hooked up to a camera and marred with a bunch of gimmicky games and worn out franchises.

-People overstate the shortcomings of the killzone series to describe it as terrible when on a whole the series is good with some noticeable flaws. -Media Molecule has never released a terrible game and only showed a demo of one project they were working on with the move. This has not been confirmed as a game. -There are no Move launch titles so far announced for the PS4 and very little focus was put on Move in the entire conference. -The PlayStation Eye will not be used in the same manner as Kinect and there hasn't been any evidence that Sony will be focusing all their games around motion control.

And there has been no evidence that MS will be focusing all their games on motion controls, or will have no new IPs, or will primarly produce a set top box but you throw round comments to the contrary. and the playstation eye is the same but you hold a wand instead of nothing, killzone isnt terrible as a whole but it is definitely mediocre
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="KillaCattle"][QUOTE="Jack-Burton"] HAhahahahaah Confirmed games>>>>>> made up games truth hurts dont it.Jack-Burton

Killzone actually scored very well and holds a AAA rating both here and in metacritic.

As for Infamous 2, "flopping" that does NOT mean it's a bad game. 8.5 is actually a great score. Flop in the System Wars metagame only means the score didn't meet the hype. Lots of games can be of great quality and still be flops here.

haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
I highly doubt it. Just like the launch of the PS3... Madden launched during its regular time frame for the PS2 then was available on launch day for the PS3. The time frame does sound good though... late Oct - early Nov.
Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Would be fine with me. Thank you Sony.
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

drakekratos

Or if they're smart enough to go to Game Stop and sign up to be the first to know and get e-mailed that they can come down and put $50 down for each PS4 they want. Just an idea & it's what I've done. 

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#36 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Resease it this year in Europe, and i'll get one day one. Be smart Sony ;)

Jack-Burton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jack-Burton

[QUOTE="Jack-Burton"][QUOTE="KillaCattle"] Killzone has never been mediocre and Infamous 2 was one of the best sandbox styled games ever to grace consoles. It's easy to call a series mediocre if you are a bitter fanboy but that doesn't make your opinion fact. Hope you enjoy paying 400 bucks for a cable box hooked up to a camera and marred with a bunch of gimmicky games and worn out franchises.AdobeArtist

Killzone actually scored very well and holds a AAA rating both here and in metacritic.

As for Infamous 2, "flopping" that does NOT mean it's a bad game. 8.5 is actually a great score. Flop in the System Wars metagame only means the score didn't meet the hype. Lots of games can be of great quality and still be flops here.

Infamous 2 got a 7.5 Plus Killzone 3 only has AA on here and metacritic, Killzone 2's saving grace was its MP
Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts

I think we should all team up and donate a dollar towards buying Kuraimen a PS4 to lessen the financial burden on his mother. Put me down for $5.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22626 Posts
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

drakekratos

Or shoot someone for it a' la ps3 launch