PS4/PS3/Wii U outsold XB1 worldwide last week.

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by emgesp (2500 posts) -

I know you guys hate when people use VGchartz to guage sales, but honestly they have been pretty accurate lately. I'm actually surprised about the PS3 outselling the XB1 last week. Is the Xbox brand really a lost cause at this point, or are people just waiting for Halo 5 and the next Gears game before hopping on board? Also, if the Wii U can keep selling this good then the XB1 might come in third this generation.

PS4 = 121,544

Wii U = 84,334

PS3 = 46,716

XB1 = 37,927

#2 Posted by Blabadon (28272 posts) -

LolVGChartz

#3 Edited by RR360DD (13033 posts) -

lolvgchartz

#4 Posted by MonsieurX (31583 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

LolVGChartz

@RR360DD said:

lolvgchartz

#5 Edited by emgesp (2500 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

lolvgchartz

Ever since the next-gen consoles have been released VGchartz numbers have been pretty damn accurate. Just because a site isn't 100% accurate doesn't mean we shouldn't use them to get ballpark figures.

#7 Edited by MonsieurX (31583 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Blabadon said:

LolVGChartz

@RR360DD said:

lolvgchartz

@MonsieurX said:

@Blabadon said:

LolVGChartz

@RR360DD said:

lolvgchartz

#8 Posted by VERTIGO47 (6356 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Blabadon said:

LolVGChartz

@RR360DD said:

lolvgchartz

@MonsieurX said:

@Blabadon said:

LolVGChartz

@RR360DD said:

lolvgchartz

#9 Edited by TheTruthIsREAL (806 posts) -

@RR360DD: where are the Xbox one numbers? I can't seem to find them.

#10 Posted by ni6htmare01 (1104 posts) -

We are know PS4 will blow a way the XB1 in world wide sales. I don't think VG Cart or any charts needed!

#11 Posted by sibu_xgamer (340 posts) -

The PS3 is a much better value than the xbone. The xbone is simply a failure.

#12 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

VGChartz is made up. It doesn't mean anything.

#13 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16158 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@Blabadon said:

LolVGChartz

@RR360DD said:

lolvgchartz

Lolvgchartz

#14 Posted by Elpresador-911 (352 posts) -

we dont need vgchartz to tell us that PS4 is stomping the shit outta the XposOne

#15 Posted by emgesp (2500 posts) -

@elpresador-911 said:

we dont need vgchartz to tell us that PS4 is stomping the shit outta the XposOne

No, I'm more shocked about the PS3 outselling the XB1.

#16 Edited by OhJayDubya (1172 posts) -

@VERTIGO47 said:

@Desmonic said:

@Blabadon said:

LolVGChartz

@RR360DD said:

lolvgchartz

@MonsieurX said:

@Blabadon said:

LolVGChartz

@RR360DD said:

lolvgchartz

#17 Posted by emgesp (2500 posts) -

Can we have a discussion here without you guys repeating each other? I know that VGChartz numbers aren't 100% accurate but they are in the ballpark. They have been pretty damn accurate, especially when you see NPD sales data. You guys are overexaggerating the inaccuracies of VGChartz numbers.

#18 Posted by MonsieurX (31583 posts) -

@emgesp said:

Can we have a discussion here without you guys repeating each other? I know that VGChartz numbers aren't 100% accurate but they are in the ballpark. They have been pretty damn accurate, especially when you see NPD sales data. You guys are overexaggerating the inaccuracies of VGChartz numbers.

lol VGChartz

#19 Posted by Blabadon (28272 posts) -

@emgesp: LolVGChartz

#20 Edited by AzatiS (8016 posts) -

@emgesp said:

@RR360DD said:

lolvgchartz

Ever since the next-gen consoles have been released VGchartz numbers have been pretty damn accurate. Just because a site isn't 100% accurate doesn't mean we shouldn't use them to get ballpark figures.

Let em be , NPD speaking also

#21 Posted by ProjectPat187 (1986 posts) -

@VERTIGO47 said:

@Desmonic said:

@Blabadon said:

LolVGChartz

@RR360DD said:

lolvgchartz

@MonsieurX said:

@Blabadon said:

LolVGChartz

@RR360DD said:

lolvgchartz

#22 Edited by emgesp (2500 posts) -

I swear I'm dealing with children here. I didn't realize the Gamespot forums was littered with 13 yr old trolls. I mean literally, you guys poke fun of VGchartz just because they aren't 100% accurate? So, you guys don't think VGChartz numbers are even in the ballpark? Can you please provide evidence that VGchartz numbers for the past year have been incredibly inaccurate?

#23 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16158 posts) -

@emgesp said:

I swear I'm dealing with children here. I didn't realize the Gamespot forums was littered with 13 yr old trolls. I mean literally, you guys poke fun of VGchartz just because they aren't 100% accurate? So, you guys don't think VGChartz numbers are even in the ballpark? Can you please provide evidence that VGchartz numbers for the past year have been incredibly inaccurate?

There is no need to be upset.

At this point you've probably realized that "chartzzzzzz" numbers have no credence here. Now you can refrain from quoting or linking to them in future threads.

#25 Edited by ProjectPat187 (1986 posts) -

@emgesp said:

@ProjectPat187 said:
@VERTIGO47 said:
@Desmonic said:
@Blabadon said:

LolVGChartz

@RR360DD said:

lolvgchartz

@MonsieurX said:
@Blabadon said:

LolVGChartz

@RR360DD said:

lolvgchartz

#26 Posted by Blabadon (28272 posts) -

@emgesp said:

I know you guys hate when people use VGchartz to guage sales, but honestly they have been pretty accurate lately. I'm actually surprised about the PS3 outselling the XB1 last week. Is the Xbox brand really a lost cause at this point, or are people just waiting for Halo 5 and the next Gears game before hopping on board? Also, if the Wii U can keep selling this good then the XB1 might come in third this generation.

PS4 = 121,544

Wii U = 84,334

PS3 = 46,716

XB1 = 37,927

LOL

@emgesp said:

@RR360DD said:

lolvgchartz

V

@emgesp said:

@elpresador-911 said:

No, I'm more shocked about the PS3 outselling the XB1.

G

@emgesp said:

CHARTZ

#27 Posted by Blabadon (28272 posts) -

@ProjectPat187 said:

@emgesp said:

@ProjectPat187 said:
@VERTIGO47 said:
@Desmonic said:
@Blabadon said:

LolVGChartz

@RR360DD said:

lolvgchartz

@MonsieurX said:
@Blabadon said:

LolVGChartz

@RR360DD said:

lolvgchartz

#28 Edited by 2Chalupas (5283 posts) -

XboxDone.

#29 Edited by Bigboi500 (31019 posts) -

Xbox One is becoming unneeded.

#30 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3253 posts) -

LOLVGchartz

#31 Posted by Effec_Tor (414 posts) -

PC wins!

#32 Edited by lostrib (42208 posts) -

@emgesp said:

We have to, it's in the rules

"Don't use VG Chartz in posts, don't create threads with them. They will be laughed at."

#33 Posted by Seabas989 (10956 posts) -

@VERTIGO47 said:

@Desmonic said:

@Blabadon said:

LolVGChartz

@RR360DD said:

lolvgchartz

@MonsieurX said:

@Blabadon said:

LolVGChartz

@RR360DD said:

lolvgchartz

#34 Posted by General_Solo76 (274 posts) -

Despite what the chumbalones on this site say, you're correct in that vgchartz give a good ballpark estimate of game and console sales. Thanks for the info. I'm more of a PlayStation and Nintendo fan, but with the recent price cut, and Gears and Halo yet to come, who knows what could happen?

#35 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (2307 posts) -

no shit people are waiting for the price cut

#36 Edited by Effec_Tor (414 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

Xbox One is becoming unneeded.

:(

#37 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9469 posts) -

@general_solo76 said:

Despite what the chumbalones on this site say, you're correct in that vgchartz give a good ballpark estimate of game and console sales. Thanks for the info. I'm more of a PlayStation and Nintendo fan, but with the recent price cut, and Gears and Halo yet to come, who knows what could happen?

Gears and Halo are a LONG way off unless you are talking about the remasters that every Halo fan has already played.

#38 Posted by BldgIrsh (2998 posts) -

In other news Steam Summer Sale is coming. Prepare your wallets.

lolVGCharts

#39 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9469 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

no shit people are waiting for the price cut

Xflop had already seen a sub-100k month in the US before a price cut was announced. Titanfall month was also a flop. Price drop will probably be a flop if you are expecting it to outsell the PS4. Both Xflop SKUs are currently flopping on Amazon. Xbox One is a flop.

#40 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27930 posts) -

Put me in the lolVGChartz parade.

#41 Posted by super600 (31042 posts) -

@emgesp said:

No one knows the amount each console sells per week in the world. VGChartz may be >100% away from the real data shown in things like the NPD.

#42 Posted by lamprey263 (25407 posts) -

Well, considering that a price drop was coming the following week I'd imagine there'd be people holding out that week.

#43 Posted by santoron (7994 posts) -

lolVGChartz

#44 Edited by OhSnapitz (18680 posts) -

#45 Posted by getyeryayasout (8413 posts) -

boohooVGChartz

#46 Posted by danjammer69 (4144 posts) -

@ActicEdge said:

And so is Santa Clause, but that didn't stop millions of kids from believing in him until they grew up and knew better.

#47 Edited by BldgIrsh (2998 posts) -

@danjammer69 said:

@ActicEdge said:

And so is Santa Clause, but that didn't stop millions of kids from believing in him until they grew up and knew better.

What! So whose lap have I been sitting on this whole time!

#48 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (436 posts) -

Lolvgchartz

#49 Posted by Elpresador-911 (352 posts) -

alot of children in this thread. If you add PS3's NPD sales to its WW sales it does outsell the x1. vgchartz are pretty dang accurate, heck even Blackbond uses it.

#50 Posted by sailor232 (5073 posts) -

Dont care for sales, as long as the support stays I'll be happy.