PS4 owner looking for a companion system....

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2059 posts) -

So I am wanting to have a companion system to go with my PS4 and the obvious choices are the Wii U or the Xbox One. My feelings are that the X1 is just too similar to the PS4 in so many ways. They will by and large share the same library outside of some exclusives. The Wii U on the other hand will offer some unique gaming experiences that wont be found on either the X1 or the PS4. Then again if I were to own both the PS4 and X1, I would have the best of both worlds as far as powerhouse exclusives like Titanfall, Infamous, Drive Club, Quantum Break, Uncharted and Halo 5 to name a few.

#2 Edited by millerlight89 (18509 posts) -

Xbone will have many great games. WiiU has good games now and will maybe get a few great ones here and there.

#3 Edited by good_sk8er7 (4321 posts) -

I would say Wii U. You were right on the spot saying the PS4 and X1 are too similar.

I'm getting the mario/luigi Wii U bundle next Friday along with SM3DW and TLoZ: WW HD. I'm super excited!

EDIT: Wii U is my companion system also, I have a PS4 too.

#4 Edited by the330and419 (223 posts) -

It just depends on what your gaming tastes are. The fact that you mentioned Titanfall and Quantum Break and Halo leads me to believe that you would be happy with the xbone. The lack of Mario saddens Reggie and Iwata.

#5 Posted by Couth_ (10070 posts) -

PC

#6 Posted by casharmy (6829 posts) -

Wii U is the only logical choice.

PS4 will get 99% of any decent to highly rated games on PC and will play them at close to if not at the best settings, and xb1 will only be good for people who really care about playing the next halo, not worth $500.

#7 Posted by millerlight89 (18509 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

PC

He probably wants something that has great upcoming exclusives. Not great exclusives a decade ago :). Just looking out, you're welcome.

#8 Edited by Joedgabe (5111 posts) -

would help to know what other systems you own.

#9 Posted by charizard1605 (57067 posts) -

Wii U

#10 Posted by Basinboy (11103 posts) -

PC+PS4 combo is ideal

Wii U is a good choice for Nintendo's titles, but not much else

Not much of a reason to own an X1 until it beefs up its exclusive library

#11 Posted by lamprey263 (23620 posts) -

I would say Wii U as much of what's going to be on the X1 is going to be redundant; there's also the 3DS which will probably be better if you're big on JRPGs, or the Vita if you wanna make the most of a PS+ account.

#12 Posted by PC_Otter (1623 posts) -

PC

#13 Edited by lostrib (36170 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

PC

He probably wants something that has great upcoming exclusives. Not great exclusives a decade ago :). Just looking out, you're welcome.

Then try to be honest next time

#14 Posted by narutosup (1571 posts) -

Wiiu, most games on Xbone & PC will be available on Ps4

#15 Posted by gago-gago (9463 posts) -

So I guess you're not sold on a Vita?

#16 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14021 posts) -

Wii U or 3DS.

Maybe a PSVita?

#17 Edited by Snugenz (11869 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

PC

^^

@casharmy said:

Wii U is the only logical choice.

PS4 will get 99% of any decent to highly rated games on PC and will play them at close to if not at the best settings, and xb1 will only be good for people who really care about playing the next halo, not worth $500.

Haha, only in your deluded cow imagination cowarmy.

#18 Posted by Caseytappy (2133 posts) -

Buy both Xbone and PS4 then you don't have to cry with the fanboy wolves pretending those games suck when the other one gets a great exclusive and you always play the best multiplat console version .

Its sad to say but the Wii-U is no option any more as it's dead in the water .

#19 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21705 posts) -

PS4 + Wii U = best combo for this gen.

#20 Edited by soulitane (13490 posts) -

A cheap PC, or a WiiU, the XO and PS4 will have virtually identical libraries.

#21 Posted by _Matt_ (8908 posts) -

3DS

#22 Posted by misterpmedia (3380 posts) -

PS4 + Wii-U + start to save up for PC components = God Mode.

If you're really bothered about MS IP then wait until it drops in price.

#23 Posted by sukraj (22608 posts) -

Xbox One is a good companion

#24 Posted by GiantAssPanda (1605 posts) -

PC.

PS4 for Sony exclusives and PC for everything else.

#25 Edited by insanegame377 (332 posts) -

I'd say go with the Xbox One, as the Wii U may well be dead in the water this time next year. If you have both consoles, you'll get the best of both worlds.

#26 Edited by withe1982 (450 posts) -

Why not pick up a Vita. Remote play plus a fairly decent library of indie titles you may have missed out on. Not to mention Tearaway.

#27 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6886 posts) -
#28 Posted by ni6htmare01 (939 posts) -

WII-U for platform and Bayonetta 2. Xb1 for TV lol

#29 Posted by dommeus (9274 posts) -

@Couth_ said:

PC

You used to be a PC gamer, IIRC? What happened?

#30 Posted by jukev2424 (244 posts) -

Gamecube

#31 Posted by NFJSupreme (5308 posts) -

you have to ask yourself. Are you really gonna play the games on the wii u? Your are better off going xbone or pc imo.

#32 Edited by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2059 posts) -

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS: so that PS4 has you bored already. Who knew?

Not at all. But why limit myself to just one console?

#33 Posted by rogelio22 (2357 posts) -

@good_sk8er7: I also got a wiiu last week with nmb-nsl, mario 3d world, monster hunter 3, tekken tag and it is really fun! Youre in for a hellva treat! Oh and I also have a ps4 but no xb1 and I dont think ill need it for a good long time

#34 Posted by whatsazerg (209 posts) -

Xbone will have many great games. WiiU has good games now and will maybe get a few great ones here and there.

Many great games that the PS4 won't have? Doubtful.

Wii U is the best choice as an addition to your PS4.

#35 Posted by Blabadon (26164 posts) -

Vita

#36 Posted by iambatman7986 (411 posts) -

Wii U is my choice for best companion for the ps4. The One is too similar to the ps4 and the majority of games will be on both systems. Wii U will get it's Nintendo games which will be amazing as usual.

#37 Posted by Bishop1310 (1063 posts) -

PC and PS4. Pretty good combo if you ask me. Wii U has some really fun social games but between PC PS4 I don't think you're missing out on much. When Wii U's get cheaper pick one of those up..

#38 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

get a pc. I know I know who wouldn't say that?

x1 and ps4 is indeed similar. but wii u may have few games coming but its complete failure

#39 Posted by Gesyma (1037 posts) -

I have a PS4 and a WiiU, it's a match made in heaven.

#40 Posted by Heil68 (44078 posts) -

PC for sure.

#41 Edited by Wasdie (49793 posts) -

Or you can save some money and get a PC with a much larger library of games.

If you play games a lot you'll get way more enjoyment out of a PC than any two consoles. If you love video games, it's illogical to not get a PC. You're only hurting yourself.

#42 Edited by remiks00 (1825 posts) -

So I am wanting to have a companion system to go with my PS4 and the obvious choices are the Wii U or the Xbox One. My feelings are that the X1 is just too similar to the PS4 in so many ways. They will by and large share the same library outside of some exclusives. The Wii U on the other hand will offer some unique gaming experiences that wont be found on either the X1 or the PS4. Then again if I were to own both the PS4 and X1, I would have the best of both worlds as far as powerhouse exclusives like Titanfall, Infamous, Drive Club, Quantum Break, Uncharted and Halo 5 to name a few.

Previous posts:

I was a huge XBOX fan, but I don't care about Halo anymore, nor do I wish to play Forza or Fable.

Be warned though I would not expect Halo 5 to be anything more than what Halo 4 was which was a mediocre effort for the series.

In that same time frame all you will have is Titan Fail...not exclusive

The hilarious thing is going to be when 343i and their version of Halo gets owned by Bungie and Destiny!!!

NOBODY CARES ABOUT HALO ANYMORE LEMS!!!!

Personally, I'd love nothing more than for the Xbone and MS to go down in flames. .

....... ...MS has lost me and millions of other former Xboxers with all of their BS!

So you Lems can have your NSABOX ONE! Don't want it, don't need it!

That's OK Lems, we will let you beta test Titanfall for all of the PS4 owners in the world. Titanfall 2 will be on PS4, PC and Xbone!

E3 2014 is going to be a great week for PS4 owners and a burial for the Xboner once an for all. Especially when Quantum Break and Titanfail receive their obligatory downgrades in either performance, visuals or both!!!

Halo is a dead franchise and is in the hands of a second rate developer who couldn't spell Bungie if you spotted them the B and the ungie!

------------------------------------

Please explain. I'm not bashing you or anything. But judging from your post history, you really bashed the Xbone, Halo5 & Titanfall; ..and now you're considering one? What gives? Are you done pretending you don't want an Xbone? You said it yourself, that TF is on 360 & PC as well. You didn't care about Halo 5, so you're getting an Xbone for Quantum Break? A game you also bashed.

I just want an explanation lol. Trying to understand you fanboys.

I used to be an Xbox fan, but the One didn't appeal to me since the reveal. Don't like the messaging & direction they took the brand. I had more fun on PS3 from 2010-beyond. Last game I really played to death online on Xbox was Gears 3. Good times though. Titanfall is honestly the only major game that appeals to me on the Xbone/360/PC at this time... & Below is a cool looking indy game.

I have a PS4 (I can't wait for The Order, Uncharted, Dont starve, Everyone's gone to the rapture, Rime, etc.), and I play it often when I have time (work, girlfriend, life). I work long night shifts as a network analyst, so the Vita helps a lot with downtime. I also want to get a 3ds when they get really cheap so that I can play Fire Emblem.

On topic: Personally, I would get a PC (since I don't have a gaming one anymore), or a handheld,.. instead of another console. I have a feeling that most of those Xbone exclusives that matter will also be on PC. PS4 & XBone will be basically the same thing within 2 years from now. I'm also interested in the Steam machine & how well Valve takes off with it. Could be the next revolution in console gaming tbh.

#43 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4321 posts) -

@good_sk8er7: I also got a wiiu last week with nmb-nsl, mario 3d world, monster hunter 3, tekken tag and it is really fun! Youre in for a hellva treat! Oh and I also have a ps4 but no xb1 and I dont think ill need it for a good long time

Good! Oh I have a question for you too.

I know both games come on the same disc, but do they come with a case, or a sleeve?

#44 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (761 posts) -

Wii U. The Playstation 4 as your core gaming platform and the Wii U for some more relaxing but fun games. Mario 3d world looks freaking great.

#45 Edited by Animal-Mother (26813 posts) -

@Basinboy said:

PC+PS4 combo is ideal

Wii U is a good choice for Nintendo's titles, but not much else

Not much of a reason to own an X1 until it beefs up its exclusive library

#46 Posted by rogelio22 (2357 posts) -

@good_sk8er7: yes both games on one disk with a regular wiiu dvd case with the paper art in it. I was also thinking it would come in sleeve but good thing it didnt

#47 Edited by good_sk8er7 (4321 posts) -

@good_sk8er7: yes both games on one disk with a regular wiiu dvd case with the paper art in it. I was also thinking it would come in sleeve but good thing it didnt

Perfect that's what I was hoping for! Thanks :)

#48 Posted by rogelio22 (2357 posts) -

@good_sk8er7: yeah its a great game too btw me and my bro been playin it the most I havnt even touched 3d world yet.. too much fun

#49 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4321 posts) -

@good_sk8er7: yeah its a great game too btw me and my bro been playin it the most I havnt even touched 3d world yet.. too much fun

My fiance and I are going to have a blast with it. Earlier this year we played through each of the classic 2D Mario games. We're pretty big fans of 2D Mario.

#50 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5984 posts) -

I'm in a very similar situation to you... Have a PS4 and thinking of a "back-up" system. XB1 appeals to me for its exclusives, but like you said, are quite similar after that. On the other hand, I'd love to be able to play the Nintendo exclusives, but I still think the Wii U is alittle over-priced for me.

At this stage I'm leaning towards Wii U however.