PS4 or Gaming PC neeed helps !

  • 66 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by rogun12 (24 posts) -

Hi, i am actually living a big debate in my head and i need opinion from other peoples. I don't know if i should get a ps4 or get a gaming PC by the end of the years. I am the type of guy that need to have a game to play in his spare time wither for break when i study or to just pass time at home when i have nothing to do, othwerwise i get crazy and now i have nothing!!

I will explain a little bit my situation first In three years i bought:

- 1 MacBook pro that cost 2300 $ and the cpu broke after 1 yr and 1 month off guaranty (in the first year the screen broke twice not from abuse)

-sony vaio 1000 $ that broke after 1 years and 2 month was again the CPU.

- Now i have a Lenovo P580 that i bought for 550 $ but it is really cheaply made the pin of the screen keep on breaking so i don't give my laptop a really long time before i need to change it again

-Ps3 wich i really liked but i sold it recently thinking it would be the best time if i didn't want too loose too much money on it and go for a Ps4.

So as you can see i am really unlucky with electronic and buying a Ps4 that should last 5-6 years make me anxious since if it break i will have to spend the same amount of money again ... So i went and check how much would cost a PC that would give me the same or more performance than a Ps4 and went with this : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/rogun12/saved/2NoC but it cost a lot of money.

So i am really hesitant between, buying a ps4 and spent the money i save on a laptop like the ideapad y410p (750$) that will let me play game like metro last light, dark souls 2, black desert or bless that i won't be able to play on ps4 or buy a good gaming PC that will let me play most of the 2014 games (BUT NOT DESTINY :*(((() and buy a really cheap laptop only for school. Paying for a costly laptop + a ps4 make me anxious because if it break i need to spend a lot of money and a PC is reparable for low cost but i kind of like the feeling of a console.

So what you think of it ?

thanks

#2 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

PC is the only way if you want the best.

Sony VAIO and MACBOOKS are not PC's, they are trash.

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (29491 posts) -

Get a desktop + cheap laptop at home.

You could cut corners in that build and end up for less than 700$

#4 Edited by lostrib (34335 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

PC is the only way if you want the best.

Sony VAIO and MACBOOKS are not PC's, they are trash.

they are PCs

#5 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

PC is the only way if you want the best.

Sony VAIO and MACBOOKS are not PC's, they are trash.

they are PCs

Mac is not PC.

VAIO is not PC, it is a laptop.

#6 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

if you have a tough time with electronics, maybe go with the ps4, and an extended warranty.

that pc you linked will have excellent performance. if you want to save some money drop the ssd, and lower the PSU. I see you're buying a monitor, would that expense be necessary for ps4?

but man, it sounds like you just want to jump in and play, maybe the ps4 is best for you.

#7 Edited by lostrib (34335 posts) -

have you thought of perhaps getting a warranty

#8 Posted by lostrib (34335 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

PC is the only way if you want the best.

Sony VAIO and MACBOOKS are not PC's, they are trash.

they are PCs

Mac is not PC.

VAIO is not PC, it is a laptop.

quit trolling

#9 Edited by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

PC is the only way if you want the best.

Sony VAIO and MACBOOKS are not PC's, they are trash.

they are PCs

Mac is not PC.

VAIO is not PC, it is a laptop.

quit trolling

Umm kay......

MAC is still not a PC, and a laptop is not a PC, it is a expensive web browser.

#10 Posted by lostrib (34335 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

PC is the only way if you want the best.

Sony VAIO and MACBOOKS are not PC's, they are trash.

they are PCs

Mac is not PC.

VAIO is not PC, it is a laptop.

quit trolling

Umm kay......

MAC is still not a PC, and a laptop is not a PC, it is a expensive web browser.

they're both PCs

#11 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

PC is the only way if you want the best.

Sony VAIO and MACBOOKS are not PC's, they are trash.

they are PCs

Mac is not PC.

VAIO is not PC, it is a laptop.

quit trolling

Umm kay......

MAC is still not a PC, and a laptop is not a PC, it is a expensive web browser.

they're both PCs

Especially the Intel macs. Just use bootcamp and bam - you're in an operating system that sucks a bit less.

#12 Edited by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

PC is the only way if you want the best.

Sony VAIO and MACBOOKS are not PC's, they are trash.

they are PCs

Mac is not PC.

VAIO is not PC, it is a laptop.

quit trolling

Umm kay......

MAC is still not a PC, and a laptop is not a PC, it is a expensive web browser.

they're both PCs

Umm no....

#13 Posted by lostrib (34335 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

PC is the only way if you want the best.

Sony VAIO and MACBOOKS are not PC's, they are trash.

they are PCs

Mac is not PC.

VAIO is not PC, it is a laptop.

quit trolling

Umm kay......

MAC is still not a PC, and a laptop is not a PC, it is a expensive web browser.

they're both PCs

Umm no....

still PCs

#14 Edited by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

Still wrong.

#15 Posted by lostrib (34335 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

Still wrong.

nope, they are both PCs

#16 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

Still wrong.

nope, they are both PCs

Ok, go buy a MAC PC.

Then go play a PC game on it without changing anything or running a crappy PC emulator.

#17 Edited by Gue1 (9498 posts) -

PC is short for Personal Computer you idiots. Laptops and Desktops are both PC. XD

For a master race you guys are dumb as shit.

#18 Edited by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

PC is short for Personal Computer you idiots. Laptops and Desktops are both PC. XD

For a master race you guys are dumb as shit.

MAC is MAC, it is not master race.

#19 Posted by lostrib (34335 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

Still wrong.

nope, they are both PCs

Ok, go buy a MAC PC.

Then go play a PC game on it without changing anything or running a crappy PC emulator.

Done and done. Macbook, Guild Wars 2. but operating system does not determine if something is a PC

#20 Edited by lostrib (34335 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

PC is short for Personal Computer you idiots. Laptops and Desktops are both PC. XD

For a master race you guys are dumb as shit.

he's trying to troll

#21 Edited by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

Still wrong.

nope, they are both PCs

Ok, go buy a MAC PC.

Then go play a PC game on it without changing anything or running a crappy PC emulator.

Done and done. Macbook, Guild Wars 2. but operating system does not determine if something is a PC

LOL, MAC has it's own games, it is still not a PC, why do you think it is called MAC?

Personal bank robber, not personal computer.

#22 Edited by lostrib (34335 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

Still wrong.

nope, they are both PCs

Ok, go buy a MAC PC.

Then go play a PC game on it without changing anything or running a crappy PC emulator.

Done and done. Macbook, Guild Wars 2. but operating system does not determine if something is a PC

LOL, MAC has it's own games, it is still not a PC, why do you think it is called MAC?

Personal bank robber, not personal computer.

It's still a PC, no matter how much you troll. Mac is a brand of PC

#23 Edited by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

Still wrong.

nope, they are both PCs

Ok, go buy a MAC PC.

Then go play a PC game on it without changing anything or running a crappy PC emulator.

Done and done. Macbook, Guild Wars 2. but operating system does not determine if something is a PC

LOL, MAC has it's own games, it is still not a PC, why do you think it is called MAC?

Personal bank robber, not personal computer.

It's still a PC, no matter how much you troll

Troll, nope, using marketing names? yes.

Still not a PC.

#24 Edited by lostrib (34335 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

Still wrong.

nope, they are both PCs

Ok, go buy a MAC PC.

Then go play a PC game on it without changing anything or running a crappy PC emulator.

Done and done. Macbook, Guild Wars 2. but operating system does not determine if something is a PC

LOL, MAC has it's own games, it is still not a PC, why do you think it is called MAC?

Personal bank robber, not personal computer.

It's still a PC, no matter how much you troll

Troll, nope, using marketing names? yes.

Still not a PC.

They are both PCs. Just stop

#25 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

Still wrong.

nope, they are both PCs

Ok, go buy a MAC PC.

Then go play a PC game on it without changing anything or running a crappy PC emulator.

Done and done. Macbook, Guild Wars 2. but operating system does not determine if something is a PC

LOL, MAC has it's own games, it is still not a PC, why do you think it is called MAC?

Personal bank robber, not personal computer.

It's still a PC, no matter how much you troll

Troll, nope, using marketing names? yes.

Still not a PC.

They are both PCs. Just stop

Go run a PC game on your MAC G4.

#26 Posted by lostrib (34335 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

Still wrong.

nope, they are both PCs

Ok, go buy a MAC PC.

Then go play a PC game on it without changing anything or running a crappy PC emulator.

Done and done. Macbook, Guild Wars 2. but operating system does not determine if something is a PC

LOL, MAC has it's own games, it is still not a PC, why do you think it is called MAC?

Personal bank robber, not personal computer.

It's still a PC, no matter how much you troll

Troll, nope, using marketing names? yes.

Still not a PC.

They are both PCs. Just stop

Go run a PC game on your MAC G4.

Seriously, stop. You're trolling and you know better

#27 Posted by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

@AMD655 So when people play games on their Macs and laptops they aren't "PC gaming?"

#28 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

Still wrong.

nope, they are both PCs

Ok, go buy a MAC PC.

Then go play a PC game on it without changing anything or running a crappy PC emulator.

Done and done. Macbook, Guild Wars 2. but operating system does not determine if something is a PC

LOL, MAC has it's own games, it is still not a PC, why do you think it is called MAC?

Personal bank robber, not personal computer.

It's still a PC, no matter how much you troll

Troll, nope, using marketing names? yes.

Still not a PC.

They are both PCs. Just stop

Go run a PC game on your MAC G4.

Seriously, stop. You're trolling and you know better

Still not a PC.

MAC is MAC for a reason.

PC is PC, MAC is not PC.

#29 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@AMD655 So when people play games on their Macs and laptops they aren't "PC gaming?"

Nope, they are MAC gaming and laptops are just toys for kids.

#30 Posted by lostrib (34335 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

They are both PCs. Just stop

Go run a PC game on your MAC G4.

Seriously, stop. You're trolling and you know better

Still not a PC.

MAC is MAC for a reason.

PC is PC, MAC is not PC.

a Mac is a brand of PC. now just stop

#31 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

They are both PCs. Just stop

Go run a PC game on your MAC G4.

Seriously, stop. You're trolling and you know better

Still not a PC.

MAC is MAC for a reason.

PC is PC, MAC is not PC.

a Mac is a brand of PC. now just stop

Nope, it is a MAC.

Why do you keep responding if you know better? and you know that i know better?

Seems rather revealing of your low IQ lol.

#32 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15916 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

Still wrong.

nope, they are both PCs

Ok, go buy a MAC PC.

Then go play a PC game on it without changing anything or running a crappy PC emulator.

Bootcamp is not an emulator. Whatever WIndows OS it uses runs natively....

#33 Edited by Gaming-Planet (13995 posts) -

Omg, you people give me headaches.

They're both PC's but they separate Mac for marketing reasons.

Mac runs Mac OS

Common PC users run Windows OS or Linux.

#34 Edited by lostrib (34335 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

They are both PCs. Just stop

Go run a PC game on your MAC G4.

Seriously, stop. You're trolling and you know better

Still not a PC.

MAC is MAC for a reason.

PC is PC, MAC is not PC.

a Mac is a brand of PC. now just stop

Nope, it is a MAC.

Why do you keep responding if you know better? and you know that i know better?

Seems rather revealing of your low IQ lol.

you have no idea of my IQ

#35 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

Still wrong.

nope, they are both PCs

Ok, go buy a MAC PC.

Then go play a PC game on it without changing anything or running a crappy PC emulator.

Bootcamp is not an emulator. Whatever WIndows OS it uses runs natively....

"Boot Camp is a Mac OS X utility that lets you run Windows on your Mac without relying on virtual machines or crippled emulators. Boot Camp supports Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 (with OS X 10.6 or later). Boot Camp creates a Windows partition on your hard drive, along with the Mac OS partition. This means that none of your Mac content is touched at all, and Boot Camp has no effect on the operation of Mac OS."

Not native, and definitely not a PC.

Photoshop FTW.

#36 Edited by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

They are both PCs. Just stop

Go run a PC game on your MAC G4.

Seriously, stop. You're trolling and you know better

Still not a PC.

MAC is MAC for a reason.

PC is PC, MAC is not PC.

a Mac is a brand of PC. now just stop

Nope, it is a MAC.

Why do you keep responding if you know better? and you know that i know better?

Seems rather revealing of your low IQ lol.

you have no idea of my IQ

American.....

I definitely do.

#37 Edited by lostrib (34335 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

Nope, it is a MAC.

Why do you keep responding if you know better? and you know that i know better?

Seems rather revealing of your low IQ lol.

you have no idea of my IQ

American.....

I definitely do.

Not sure what my nationality has to do with my intelligence

#38 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -
#39 Posted by lostrib (34335 posts) -
#40 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

Nope, it is a MAC.

Why do you keep responding if you know better? and you know that i know better?

Seems rather revealing of your low IQ lol.

you have no idea of my IQ

American.....

I definitely do.

Not sure what my nationality has to do with my intelligence

http://lowendmac.com/2008/the-mac-is-a-personal-computer-but-it-is-not-a-pc/

I will continue to prove MAC is not a PC. LOL

Seriously, just stop

Why? the bigger hole you fall in the better, i'm giggling.

#41 Edited by lostrib (34335 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

Nope, it is a MAC.

Why do you keep responding if you know better? and you know that i know better?

Seems rather revealing of your low IQ lol.

you have no idea of my IQ

American.....

I definitely do.

Not sure what my nationality has to do with my intelligence

http://lowendmac.com/2008/the-mac-is-a-personal-computer-but-it-is-not-a-pc/

I will continue to prove MAC is not a PC. LOL

Seriously, just stop

Why? the bigger hole you fall in the better, i'm giggling.

What hole? I hope you get banned soon enough. Your trolling is getting old

#42 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

What trolling?

Or the fact that facts prove you wrong?

MAC is not a PC.

#43 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15916 posts) -

@AMD655: Running natively on a Mac means the software/OS (whether it's OSX, Linux, or Windows) have direct access to the Mac's hardware. It's like dual-booting Linux and Windows. Windows doesn't have clue about the Linux OS next to it. The alternative OS doesn't have to be aware of the other OS.

If that's not running natively, then tell me your definition of it.

#44 Edited by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@AMD655: Running natively on a Mac means the software/OS (whether it's OSX, Linux, or Windows) have direct access to the Mac's hardware. It's like dual-booting Linux and Windows. Windows doesn't have clue about the Linux OS next to it.

"

The Macintosh started out on the Motorola 680×0 family of processors, migrated to PowerPC architecture in 1994, and switched to x86 architecture in 2006. And during the Mac’s 24 year history, the hardware has always been designed to run the Mac OS and no other operating system.

Macs have been able to run Windows using x86 cards and software emulation, and more recent Macs can run Windows alongside the Mac OS with virtualization – and even boot directly into Windows using Apple’s Boot Camp software. But that doesn’t make them PCs in the way the rest of the world uses the term – and the way Apple uses it in its ads."

http://lowendmac.com/2008/the-mac-is-a-personal-computer-but-it-is-not-a-pc/

#45 Posted by Nanomage (2403 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

Nope, it is a MAC.

Why do you keep responding if you know better? and you know that i know better?

Seems rather revealing of your low IQ lol.

you have no idea of my IQ

American.....

I definitely do.

Not sure what my nationality has to do with my intelligence

http://lowendmac.com/2008/the-mac-is-a-personal-computer-but-it-is-not-a-pc/

I will continue to prove MAC is not a PC. LOL

And here´s why it is lol.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2327233,00.asp

Your stupidity knows no bounds.

#46 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@Nanomage said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

Nope, it is a MAC.

Why do you keep responding if you know better? and you know that i know better?

Seems rather revealing of your low IQ lol.

you have no idea of my IQ

American.....

I definitely do.

Not sure what my nationality has to do with my intelligence

http://lowendmac.com/2008/the-mac-is-a-personal-computer-but-it-is-not-a-pc/

I will continue to prove MAC is not a PC. LOL

And here´s why it is lol.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2327233,00.asp

Your stupidity knows no bounds.

If you read anything, i stated i was using marketing terms just like anything else.

MAC is not PC until they remove their branded name.

#47 Posted by Nanomage (2403 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@Nanomage said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

Nope, it is a MAC.

Why do you keep responding if you know better? and you know that i know better?

Seems rather revealing of your low IQ lol.

you have no idea of my IQ

American.....

I definitely do.

Not sure what my nationality has to do with my intelligence

http://lowendmac.com/2008/the-mac-is-a-personal-computer-but-it-is-not-a-pc/

I will continue to prove MAC is not a PC. LOL

And here´s why it is lol.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2327233,00.asp

Your stupidity knows no bounds.

If you read anything, i stated i was using marketing terms just like anything else.

MAC is not PC until they remove their branded name.

Whatever you say mate,a personal computer is a Personal Computer,branding has nothing to do with the definition of the term and it´s functionality.

#48 Edited by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@Nanomage said:

@AMD655 said:

@Nanomage said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

@lostrib said:

@AMD655 said:

Nope, it is a MAC.

Why do you keep responding if you know better? and you know that i know better?

Seems rather revealing of your low IQ lol.

you have no idea of my IQ

American.....

I definitely do.

Not sure what my nationality has to do with my intelligence

http://lowendmac.com/2008/the-mac-is-a-personal-computer-but-it-is-not-a-pc/

I will continue to prove MAC is not a PC. LOL

And here´s why it is lol.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2327233,00.asp

Your stupidity knows no bounds.

If you read anything, i stated i was using marketing terms just like anything else.

MAC is not PC until they remove their branded name.

Whatever you say mate,a personal computer is a Personal Computer,branding has nothing to do with the definition of the term and it´s functionality.

LOL yes it does, otherwise you would not need boot camp or software emulation.

MAC.....

#49 Edited by rogun12 (24 posts) -

well thx guy to have completely screwed my post with something that was no where intelligent and the point,...

#50 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@rogun12 said:

well thx guy to have completely screwed my post with something that was no where intelligent and the point,...

I already answered with a response, but unfortunately, it spread because people "think" they are correct.