PS4 is the fastest selling ANYTHING of all time

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Edited by lundy86_4 (44505 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

...handburgers...

F*cking really? Handburgers?

You insinuate an individual makes minimum wage, yet you don't know what a "hamburger" is?

-----

Goddamn GS needs to confirm a post delete.

#102 Posted by charizard1605 (62658 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Evo_nine said:

yayyyyy sony executives get millions in bonus payments while tc works for minimum wage

yayyyyy!

lol. So salty. I especially love the part where you say I work on minimum wage. :-3

yeah I am salty of the sony exec's

im sure they are making millions from all these sales.

but youre not right? I guess flipping handburgers has its own pleasures.

Tell me more about my life, please!

#103 Posted by lostrib (44032 posts) -

The galaxy S4 sold 10 million in its first month

#104 Posted by kingtito (5354 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Couth_ said:
@charizard1605 said:

@Couth_ said:

Not sure why you ignored every iphone after the first.. Pretty sure every iphone after probably the 3gs sold faster than this.

iPhone 5s/5c Sales Top Nine Million in 3 Days

Because they're refreshes of the same product line.

I was comparing product launches, really. Admittedly, later iPhones and Galaxy S phones probably sold at a higher rate, but they were each a refresh.

(also, your link combines 5S and 5C- two different variants).

How the fuck is PS4 not a refresh of the same product line of the 3 previous PlayStations

And obviously, at MINIMUM either the 5s or 5c sold over 4.5 million in only 3 days. You can deduce over the course of 5 months they sold faster than the ps4

The PS4 is a completely different product, different hardware, different software, different everything. The iPhone 5S runs the same hardware and software as iPhone 5. You are arguing that the PS3, the PS3 Slim, and the PS3 Super Slim were different products. Or that the Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, and Gameboy Color were different products. They weren't.

It's a console refresh and in fact I'd say it's nothing more than the upgraded 360. Stop cherry picking products and this is a stupid thread. Go make a thread about Nintendo WiiU and why it's sucking ass right now.

#105 Edited by gamecubepad (6684 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

Do they have anymore buildings left?

Of course not, what do you think they're making playstation 4s out of?

Had a good chuckle from this one. :)

#106 Posted by ominous_titan (834 posts) -

I'm just saying it's not the fastest selling thing ever. with the logic on hardware that Iphones haven't changed so they don't count ,if that's the precedent everyone wants to maintain then during last gen the 60gb fat b/c ps3 was different then the non b/c ps3s and shouldn't be included in ps3 sales count because the hardware is different. And no charizard I don't think you're a cow I didn't realize you were OP I redacted that statement I'm glad for Sony the ps4 is hot right now but the drought Is starting to be annoying. I've only used mine for mgsgz don't starve and stealth since the end of last year. I had zero interest for infamous just like the others. And the only big thing I can see it getting until fall is tlou a last gen redo. So ya I'm salty as fuck because they aren't delivering. The xbone pisses me off too don't get me wrong I just find that I prefer it so far it has better games and variety. And of all next gen consoles the wii u gave me that new feeling console vibe a lot longer then the ps4 or xbone did, I still play it regularly. Zombi mh3 and the 2 Mario pikmin etc and being able to keep playing my wii titles was important the wii had the best rpg selection last gen minus oblivion and skyrim.

#107 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (2504 posts) -

fastest selling console ever yes, I'm pretty sure iPhones and galaxy's sold a lot faster.

#109 Posted by finalstar2007 (26145 posts) -

At this rate i'll never be able to pick out one lmfao

#110 Posted by misterpmedia (4610 posts) -

@gamecubepad said:

@misterpmedia said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

Of course not, what do you think they're making playstation 4s out of?

Had a good chuckle from this one. :)

:P

#111 Edited by Evo_nine (2115 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@Evo_nine said:

...handburgers...

You insinuate an individual makes minimum wage, yet you don't know what a "hamburger" is?

-----

its obviously a typo you douchebag

nerd grammar Nazi's, what would life be like without them

#112 Posted by lundy86_4 (44505 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

Yeah, that's not a typo. That's a lifetime of calling them "handburgers."

#116 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (16683 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Evo_nine said:

...handburgers...

-----

lmao, you are so fucking pathetic.

always have been, always will be.

#117 Posted by Evo_nine (2115 posts) -

@lundy86_4: lol okay loser, you must really love jerking off while correcting grammar.

#118 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28558 posts) -

no?

There have actually been quite a few items that have sold more than the ps4 in a 24 hour period....

#119 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (9444 posts) -

I am actually doing my own research an I'm finding quit the opposite. The PS4 is the slowest and worst selling device, EVER.

I will present my research pointing out this amazing correlation as soon as I'm finished compiling.

#120 Posted by clyde46 (47819 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I am actually doing my own research an I'm finding quit the opposite. The PS4 is the slowest and worst selling device, EVER.

I will present my research pointing out this amazing correlation as soon as I'm finished compiling.

That must make the X1 even worse.

#121 Edited by Suppaman100 (4455 posts) -

So this confirms it.

Charizard has become a cow. I welcome you to the dark side.

Beautiful thread, you made so many people butthurt.

#122 Posted by Gue1 (11599 posts) -

# SDC2014

Only one and a half months for the holy slaughter that will be E3.

#123 Edited by Suppaman100 (4455 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Evo_nine said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Evo_nine said:

...handburgers...

-----

Didn't know he was still around, I thought he committed seppuku like many other lemmings.

#124 Edited by R4gn4r0k (17570 posts) -

Isn't GTA V the fastest selling anything of all time ? :p

#125 Edited by clyde46 (47819 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Evo_nine said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Evo_nine said:

...handburgers...

-----

Didn't know he was still around, I thought he committed seppuku like many other lemmings.

He hated on the PC for years and now he owns a gaming grade rig.

#126 Posted by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2143 posts) -

Wow, imagine if it actually had games.

#127 Posted by _Matt_ (9532 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

With Killzone: Shadowfall, Resogun and Infamous: Second Son.

So much for the theory that people buy consoles for the games.

That theory sorta got thrown out of the window when the Wii released :P

#128 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (9444 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Wrong you are Clive. When you factor in that the ONE is only in 13 countries and the PS4 is in like 47..................the research is staggering at this point.

#129 Posted by clyde46 (47819 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@clyde46 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Wrong you are Clive. When you factor in that the ONE is only in 13 countries and the PS4 is in like 47..................the research is staggering at this point.

5 million sold to retailers does not equal what the PS4 has achieved.

#130 Posted by MBirdy88 (9203 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@clyde46 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Nice cop out.....

But its losing it its 2 best territories (US/UK) ... so why does that matter? china? lol? most other countries always prefer sony consoles.

#131 Posted by Evo_nine (2115 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Evo_nine said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Evo_nine said:

...handburgers...

-----

Why thankyou sir, how very kind of you.

#132 Posted by delta3074 (19010 posts) -

SONY buildings are the fastest selling buildings on the planet as well,lol

I kid, i kid.

Well done SONY, pleasantly surprised myself, didn't think it would sell faster than Apple products, Apple fans have been known to wait outside shops for days waiting for the latest Ipad/Iphone

#133 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

Mhmmmmmm

Hmhmhmhmhmhm

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

TLHBO

TSHBO

THHBO

THE DOMINATION HAS WON!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

SDC!

#134 Edited by foxhound_fox (91128 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@foxhound_fox said:

The Wii had some decent games at launch and it wasn't long before it had several of the highest rated games of all time.

#135 Posted by Heil68 (48341 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@clyde46 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

hahaha creative math, LOVE it. lol

Cant accept SONY is doing so well? :D

#136 Posted by ActicEdge (24492 posts) -

This is a very flawed comparison. Why are you comparing the first ipod and iphone to the PS4. Phones in this era sell way faster than consoles (for obvious reasons) so this is already a rather flawed comparison.

iPhone 5 sells 9 million in first weekend

Samsung Galaxy S5 sells better than the S4 which was over 10 million in 1 month

Even more so, the PS4 is going to slow down in sales in the upcoming months. (Its still going to win the generation easily though) Its going to start trending under the Wii soon and possibly the PS2.

#137 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8461 posts) -

Microsoft's Xbox 360 add-on Kinect is the fastest-selling consumer electronics device ever – we know because Guinness World Records says so.

The controller-free motion-sensing device sold an incredible 10 million units between its 4th November 2010 launch and 3rd January – that's an average of 133,333 units per day.

But which products did Kinect beat to top spot on the fastest-selling list?

Here are the Guinness-endorsed top four best-selling consumer electronics devices ever by units sold per day:

• Kinect: 133,000 (released 4th November, 2010)
  • iPhone 4: 120,000 (released 24th June, 2010)
  • Wii: 85,000 (released 19th November, 2006)
  • iPad: 50,000 (released 3rd April, 2010)
#138 Edited by _Matt_ (9532 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@_Matt_ said:

@foxhound_fox said:

The Wii had some decent games at launch and it wasn't long before it had several of the highest rated games of all time.

Ok, sure, it had Twilight Princess at launch, but that was pretty much it for a fair while, along with dodgy ports of CoD 3 and Need For Speed Carbon.

#139 Edited by Daious (2082 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@clyde46 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I am pretty sure units being built are the same. It is where they are allocated that are different.

Also I am pretty sure you ignored the one year difference between xbox 360 and Ps3 constantly. A year where ps3 was launched with 0 countries.

#140 Edited by Yangire (8795 posts) -

Don't say "PS4 is the fastest selling ANYTHING of all time" then setup tons of parameters so it can be.

#141 Edited by ZoomZoom2490 (3943 posts) -

@lbjkurono23 said:

yeah, they building new ones, away from the radiation.

why? interested in cleaning toilets?

#142 Posted by foxhound_fox (91128 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@foxhound_fox said:

@_Matt_ said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Ok, sure, it had Twilight Princess at launch, but that was pretty much it for a fair while, along with dodgy ports of CoD 3 and Need For Speed Carbon.

Excite Truck was an excellent game. I put a good 60 hours into that one.

#143 Posted by groowagon (3118 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@clyde46 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

too bad that US markets are the only thing that matter to Xbox.

#144 Posted by samanthademeste (1295 posts) -

PS4>Wii U and Xbox One.

#145 Edited by Indicud (745 posts) -

@ZoomZoom2490: lol owned

#146 Posted by Sushiglutton (5609 posts) -

Kind of cool data actually. Bet even Sony is wondering what the heck is going on.

#147 Posted by lundy86_4 (44505 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

@lundy86_4: lol okay loser, you must really love jerking off while correcting grammar.

Don't criticize my hobbies! It's the only way I can be aroused!

#148 Posted by dommeus (9433 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@ominous_titan said:

This is the fourth play station so comparing it to the first I pod is flawed logic. The intellect of cows is at all time low. Keep playing them sales on the indiestation yo

The fourth PlayStation is an entirely different product running entirely different hardware and software than the first PlayStation.

The seventh iPhone or nineteenth iPod (or whatever the fuck we are on now) still run the exact same software- there is no song that runs on an iPod Touch that won't run on a classic iPod.

Also, did you call me a cow? Looooooool

But there is software, apps and games that will not run on the older iPods/Phones

#149 Edited by Cyberdot (3926 posts) -

Impressive, I can see why though.

X1 is quite a surveillance console that requires Kinect and other shady stuff. Gaming is not its primary point.

Wii-U has that stupid tablet controller.

So yeah. PS4 is the only one to choose from for a reasonably featured console that focuses on gaming.

#150 Edited by Heil68 (48341 posts) -

@Cyberdot said:

Impressive, I can see why though.

X1 is quite a surveillance console that requires Kinect and other shady stuff.

Wii-U has that stupid tablet controller.

So yeah. PS4 is the only one to choose from for a reasonably featured console that focuses on gaming.

So what you're saying is SONY is the TRUE by gamers FOR gamers company? I wholeheartedly agree.

I'd like to take this time to give a big shout out to SONY for everything they've done for us this gen. It's been nothing short of amazing thus far.