PS4 is the fastest selling ANYTHING of all time

• 168 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Not cool dude, not cool at all. Lems are on suicide watch and this news are just too much for them to handle

Think of the LEMS, someone think of the lems!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#52 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@AutoPilotOn said:

@charizard1605: ummm wouldn't a PS "4" be considered a refresh of same line then too?

@charizard1605 said:

The PS4 is a completely different product, different hardware, different software, different everything. The iPhone 5S runs the same hardware and software as iPhone 5. You are arguing that the PS3, the PS3 Slim, and the PS3 Super Slim were different products. Or that the Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, and Gameboy Color were different products. They weren't.

@Floppy_Jim said:

That accursed Floppy_Jim, always posting before reading the OP properly. The man is a damned reprobate and has to be stopped before he does it again.

But yes, this has been an interesting read.

Indeed, I was surprised at the results myself

@kuu2 said:

Did Sony buy Apple like Disney did with Nintendo?????

Yep still salty over that one.

lol. Sorry, friend.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

The PS4 is a completely different product, different hardware, different software, different everything. The iPhone 5S runs the same hardware and software as iPhone 5. You are arguing that the PS3, the PS3 Slim, and the PS3 Super Slim were different products. Or that the Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, and Gameboy Color were different products. They weren't.

Lol this is major nelson tier spin.. And from a nintendo fan u w0t

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

that's pretty impressive, especially with the current exclusive line-up looking pretty lacking

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#55  Edited By PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

But did it sell faster than Dota 2?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Couth_ said:
@charizard1605 said:

It's not spin, it's plain and simple fact. Software that runs on an iPhone 5S runs on an iPhone 4. Software that runs on a DSi runs on a DS. Software that runs on a Gameboy Color runs on a Gameboy. Software that runs on a PS4 does not in any circumstances run on a PS3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Desmonic said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

But did it sell faster than Dota 2?

Did it sell faster than LoL?

Did it sell faster than Heisenberg's crystal meth?

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

yayyyyy sony executives get millions in bonus payments while tc works for minimum wage

yayyyyy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Evo_nine said:

yayyyyy sony executives get millions in bonus payments while tc works for minimum wage

yayyyyy!

lol. So salty. I especially love the part where you say I work on minimum wage. :-3

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@Evo_nine said:

yayyyyy!

Relax! there's always next month.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Couth_ said:
@charizard1605 said:

It's not spin, it's plain and simple fact. Software that runs on an iPhone 5S runs on an iPhone 4. Software that runs on a DSi runs on a DS. Software that runs on a Gameboy Color runs on a Gameboy. Software that runs on a PS4 does not in any circumstances run on a PS3.

its not FACT the ps4 is the fastest selling everything ever. You created wonky criteria for what qualifies in your OP. That's a spin mane

Also pretty sure plenty of software that runs on PS4 also runs on PS3

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#63 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Evo_nine said:

yayyyyy!

lol. So salty. I especially love the part where you say I work on minimum wage. :-3

I'm disappointed with the level of salty trolling to be honest, it's like they're not even trying lol.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@charizard1605 said:

@inb4uall said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@charizard1605 said:

I did some research, and the PlayStation 4 is the fastest selling anything released, ever. No other consumer electronic has ever sold faster than the PlayStation 4 has*. This includes not only other consoles, such as the Wii and PS2, or handhelds such as the Nintendo DS, but also highly regarded and amazing selling consumer electronic devices such as iPod, iPhone, and iPad. The PlayStation 4 is beating everything.

For comparison's sake, I will be comparing the sales of all these products five months into their release (which is where the PlayStation 4 currently stands). The results are truly amazing:

• iPod: (0.12 million units sold worldwide six months after launch)
  • iPhone: 1.46 million units sold worldwide six months after launch)
  • iPad: (6.21 million units sold worldwide five months after launch)
  • PlayStation 2: (2.51 million units sold worldwide five months after launch)**
  • Wii: (6.62 million units sold worldwide after launch)
  • Nintendo DS: (4.76 million units sold worldwide after launch)

Before we proceed, here are several caveats:

• Where possible, I tried to use exact comparisons. Since five months is such an odd unit (companies report in units of three) in many cases, it became impossible to gain an accurate picture by using quarterly reports; in that case, total cumulative sales at the end of the nearest quarter since launch were taken, divided by the total number of months since launch, and then multiplied by 5 (such as for Wii, sales at the end of its third quarter {the first finished quarter after its fifth month on the market} were 9.27 million. 9.27/7*5=6.62 million)
  • For a lot of these products, the launches were staggered (such as for the PS2). In this case, the date of the earliest launch was treated as the product launch.

Given all of this, it's amazing the rate at which the PS4 is selling- seven million in just five months is a lot! It's more than any other system, any other stand alone consumer electronic product, has ever achieved!

Take a bow, Sony. You deserve your success this time around. You really, truly do.

* Peripherals, accessories, and software bundles may have sold faster, but they don't count- for instance, an argument can be made that the Kinect (w/ Kinect Adventures), Wii Balance Board (w/ Wii Fit), and Wii Wheel (w/ Mario Kart Wii) may have sold faster, but as they are supplements to existing products, and not standalone products, they are not comparable.

** The PlayStation 2 had only launched in Japan at the end of this period.

So you did no research because the only thin you looked up not a game console was the I-products. So you took no time at all on any research.

Yes because not posting anything about the others automatically means that he didn't research them right?

Also important is the fact that outside of gaming consoles, iProducts are the highest selling consumer electronic products, so if something is outselling them, it's also outselling everything else by extension.

Which is incorrect. The freaking RAZR V3 outsold the first Iphone in the same time frames, what are you on?

Sure, stop talking out of your ass and give me the link, and I'll put it in the OP.

Heck, the Galaxy SII

I even gave you a name, I guess you put no effort in research after all eh? Lol, Galaxy SII sold 10 its first 6 months. But you gotta cut out the winners to make hallucinations though.

Lol, let's be honest here, do you really really believe that listing only 3 I-products with 3 consoles is enough to say the PS4 outsells everything? I mean I will give you the benefit of the doubt and pretend you were trolling when you said I=products where the best selling since that is clearly not true even in press releases.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@TigerSuperman said:

@charizard1605 said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@charizard1605 said:

@inb4uall said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@charizard1605 said:

I did some research, and the PlayStation 4 is the fastest selling anything released, ever. No other consumer electronic has ever sold faster than the PlayStation 4 has*. This includes not only other consoles, such as the Wii and PS2, or handhelds such as the Nintendo DS, but also highly regarded and amazing selling consumer electronic devices such as iPod, iPhone, and iPad. The PlayStation 4 is beating everything.

For comparison's sake, I will be comparing the sales of all these products five months into their release (which is where the PlayStation 4 currently stands). The results are truly amazing:

• Where possible, I tried to use exact comparisons. Since five months is such an odd unit (companies report in units of three) in many cases, it became impossible to gain an accurate picture by using quarterly reports; in that case, total cumulative sales at the end of the nearest quarter since launch were taken, divided by the total number of months since launch, and then multiplied by 5 (such as for Wii, sales at the end of its third quarter {the first finished quarter after its fifth month on the market} were 9.27 million. 9.27/7*5=6.62 million)
  • For a lot of these products, the launches were staggered (such as for the PS2). In this case, the date of the earliest launch was treated as the product launch.

Given all of this, it's amazing the rate at which the PS4 is selling- seven million in just five months is a lot! It's more than any other system, any other stand alone consumer electronic product, has ever achieved!

Take a bow, Sony. You deserve your success this time around. You really, truly do.

* Peripherals, accessories, and software bundles may have sold faster, but they don't count- for instance, an argument can be made that the Kinect (w/ Kinect Adventures), Wii Balance Board (w/ Wii Fit), and Wii Wheel (w/ Mario Kart Wii) may have sold faster, but as they are supplements to existing products, and not standalone products, they are not comparable.

So you did no research because the only thin you looked up not a game console was the I-products. So you took no time at all on any research.

Yes because not posting anything about the others automatically means that he didn't research them right?

Also important is the fact that outside of gaming consoles, iProducts are the highest selling consumer electronic products, so if something is outselling them, it's also outselling everything else by extension.

Which is incorrect. The freaking RAZR V3 outsold the first Iphone in the same time frames, what are you on?

Sure, stop talking out of your ass and give me the link, and I'll put it in the OP.

Heck, the Galaxy SII

I even gave you a name, I guess you put no effort in research after all eh? Lol, Galaxy SII sold 10 its first 6 months. But you gotta cut out the winners to make hallucinations though.

Lol, let's be honest here, do you really really believe that listing only 3 I-products with 3 consoles is enough to say the PS4 outsells everything? I mean I will give you the benefit of the doubt and pretend you were trolling when you said I=products where the best selling since that is clearly not true even in press releases.

We all know you like making giant lists another 48 hours. The rest of us are normal people though.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 TigerSuperman
@charizard1605 said:

@Indicud said:

That's actually really fucking impressive.

Don't Iphones sell like 10's of millions of phones a quarter now though?

Now, yes. We are however assessing each product from launch.

By nitpicking and pretending things don't exist. (odd how not many others think this and why there are news websites doing odd comparisons of things that sold more, but apparently they are wrong, the PS4 actually sold more so their comparisons are invalid because Charizard.)

@charizard1605 said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@charizard1605 said:

@inb4uall said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@charizard1605 said:

Heck, the Galaxy SII

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

Holy quote chains, batman!

Well deserved Sony. Take care of the gamer and the gamer will take care of you. Live, love, learn.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45094 Posts

No offense dude, I enjoy your posts, but this is just nonsense. Fasting selling anything? What kind of an argument is that? And then you proceed to exclude some products on arbitrary criteria?

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By TigerSuperman

@inb4uall said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@charizard1605 said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@charizard1605 said:

@inb4uall said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@charizard1605 said:

Heck, the Galaxy SII

We all know you like making giant lists another 48 hours. The rest of us are normal people though.

I see drugs make you believe in things that's don't exist, even after they have been proven to not exist. But of course, you illness continues to cloud your brain so you can make stupid off-topic comments in almost every thread you post in.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By TigerSuperman

@SolidGame_basic said:

No offense dude, I enjoy your posts, but this is just nonsense. Fasting selling anything? What kind of an argument is that? And then you proceed to exclude some products on arbitrary criteria?

Please don't use logic in this thread. It will hurt their brains.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Golf clap? Golf clap.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

There ya go Apple represent!

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@TigerSuperman said:

@inb4uall said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@charizard1605 said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@charizard1605 said:

@inb4uall said:

@TigerSuperman said:

@charizard1605 said:

Heck, the Galaxy SII

I see drugs make you believe in things that's don't exist, even after they have been proven to not exist. But of course, you illness continues to cloud your brain so you can make stupid off-topic comments in almost every thread you post in.

Proof?

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17423 Posts

What about Iphone 4? 4s? 5?

I would think that those would be near 10m in 6mos

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#75  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

And it has like two good games. Are we bowing to the PS4 because of the hardware?

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Never even thought of it in such a way. That's pretty damn impressive.

nep321a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 nep321a
Member since 2013 • 75 Posts

I like the PS4, but this analysis is seriously flawed and meaningless. You're comparing the 4th iteration of a hardware line with the 1st iterations of certain hardware. In other words, why are you comparing the PS4 with the iPhone 1? Why not compare it with the iPhone 5 or the latest iPad or whatever?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

@Indicud said:

That's actually really fucking impressive.

Don't Iphones sell like 10's of millions of phones a quarter now though?

Now, yes. We are however assessing each product from launch.

Each product from launch? What numbers did the iPhone 5 pull? I was sure I read that was the fastest selling iPhone ever.

kingjazziephiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 kingjazziephiz
Member since 2006 • 2650 Posts

now we're just waiting for the good games to start flowing in.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 clyde46

@charizard1605 said:

@Couth_ said:
@charizard1605 said:

Hang on, now we're talking about software? Hardware wise, I think you can consider the iPhone 5s a new model as it uses a different chip compared to the 5.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 clyde46
@nep321a said:

I like the PS4, but this analysis is seriously flawed and meaningless. You're comparing the 4th iteration of a hardware line with the 1st iterations of certain hardware. In other words, why are you comparing the PS4 with the iPhone 1? Why not compare it with the iPhone 5 or the latest iPad or whatever?

Indeed, also we have to accept the fact that the first iteration of a product is a make or break for it. Who knew if the original iPhone would take off, I see it as unfair to compare the first gen iPhone against an 4th gen model of the defacto home console standard.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#82 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

VETAMEANSLIFe

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

SONY is on a ROLL guys. It just goes to show what living by the by gamers for gamers mantra and coupling it with the Live, Learn and Love lifestyle can do fo you. On the other side, MS tried to change the industry on their own, being greedy, self centered and only concerned about themselves and not the gamer.

Bookmarked for future lessons that need to be taught.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

I'd feel more obligated to jump in as well but no games.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@Silent-Assasin7 said:

@m_machine024 said:

Dayum.... imagine the sales with lower price and a decent library later on. :O

They're going to be low. It's clear all the r-tards are buying them at full price now for some reason instead of waiting for price drops and games.

haha

yeah me too guys. i haven't bought a ps4 yet, and won't be until the library's more appealing (if it ever appeals).

not really too bothered by the other discussion in the thread about the truth to this 'fastest selling' claim, but 7M is somethin'.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

hmmm shipped too stores actually but oh well.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17423 Posts

@commonfate said:

I'd feel more obligated to jump in as well but no games.

Infamous SS, Watch Dogs, and The Last of US made me decide to go ahead and take the plunge.

I always knew TLOU would come (check my posting history, its why i didnt buy on PS3)

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Yea....no, TC. Not even close.

The iPhone 5s and 5c sold 9 million in its first 3 days. This thread is bad.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@charizard1605: Well I'm very happy for Sony. I purchased my PS4 at launch so I'm glad that I was able to support Sony in this war. And considering the economy and the fact that people aren't spending as they use to be I have to say that this will maybe be in the Guiness World Record book. I was kind of shocked that I saw a PS4 on the shelf at Walmart the other day. I'm sure it's gone by now. :)

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Lol I bought one yesterday and haven't even hooked it up yet. Too busy playing South park before my ps3 kicks the bucket.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#92 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

With Killzone: Shadowfall, Resogun and Infamous: Second Son.

So much for the theory that people buy consoles for the games.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:

Yea....no, TC. Not even close.

The iPhone 5s and 5c sold 9 million in its first 3 days. This thread is bad.

Gotta dmit though that SONY is on a ROLL though. Wow, you see those NPD numbers? Stunning.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#94 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@charizard1605 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Is anyone surprised?

At the fact that it's outpacing stuff like the iPad? Definitely, yeah.

Personally i think stuff from Apple is way overpriced. Sure it's great, but just too expensive to what you can get with other operating systems or other companies

I completely disagree, but that's a discussion for some other place.

True, but that's just my opinion from a random it student :)

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

@charizard1605:

I don't agree with that reasoning at all. It's a new product. It may be backward compatible but it's an upgrade. So you'd rather them all run on seperated os with each release?

But anyways the ps4 is definitely selling well even beating sonys expectations

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Impressive. But do these PS4 owners have any games to play? You know... The whole point to a gaming console?

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#97  Edited By Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

Must be the greatest thing ever. Sales equal quality.

Well you did say in the other thread earlier today: "The most popular games are the best" .... which I lol'd at... You couldn't be more far from the truth on that one... but as far as consoles go. PS4 did everything right at the right price, and after the 360 was barren for 3 years from exclusives, and the 2013 e3...

The most sales doesn't necessarily mean the best, as was the case last gen, with the wii outselling everything, and the cods outselling everything....

In the case of the ps4...it is the best.. but on merits of hardware specs, price, and company gamer focus attitude.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

Those are some weirdly specific criteria.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Evo_nine said:

yayyyyy!

yeah I am salty of the sony exec's

im sure they are making millions from all these sales.

but youre not right? I guess flipping hamburgers has its own pleasures.