PS4 is stronger than Xbox One in EVERY way possible

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

MS has more money than Sony so they could have made the Xbox one as powerful or more than the PS4. I wonder why they didn't. :? 

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#252 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

MS has more money than Sony so they could have made the Xbox one as powerful or more than the PS4. I wonder why they didn't. :? 

xhawk27
The cost of the console and what they would have to sell it at. I'm guessing they noticed the fallout and slow sales of a console selling at $599 and if they plan to sell 10+ million a year, they cant exactly loose hundreds on each console.
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Cloud computing my friend!!!
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 xhawk27

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

Heil68

The cost of the console and what they would have to sell it at. I'm guessing they noticed the fallout and slow sales of a console selling at $599 and if they plan to sell 10+ million a year, they cant exactly loose hundreds on each console.

That new Kinect must cost about $180 to make. 

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="xhawk27"]

xhawk27

That new Kinect must cost about $180 to make. 

Yup, plus everything else in the box and the controller. It doesn't take long for parts to add up, then they probably add in some sort of labor cost to build it for the true cost per unit.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

they say time travel is impossible but here i am in 2005.

drakekratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 drakekratos
Member since 2011 • 2311 Posts

xhawk27
cuz they don't care about gamers.
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

New PS4 ad.drakekratos

:lol:

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 Mr720fan
Member since 2013 • 2795 Posts

Cloud computing my friend!!!LustForSoul

TRUE

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

Who cares.Having more power does not mean anything if the console is not good.

super600
That's true, Playstation has been pretty consistent since PS1 though. I doubt PS4 will be any different. It's certainly a better than X1 considering what we've seen so far.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

xhawk27

Because for 2 generation they had powerful hardware and loss,then at the end of the xbox life came Kinect and sold well,so MS probably think hey what if we include a more advance camera standard,maybe we could pull those wii fans.

The xbox boom includes Kinect,the PS4 one doesn't which is were everything levels up Kinect 1 was like $56 dollars to make,so Kinect 2 been more advance should cost the same or little more which will take away from the GPU budget.

That and the fact that Nintendo won with 2001 graphics can convince any one.

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts

xhawk27
targeting a different audience and consumer base.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 tormentos

they say time travel is impossible but here i am in 2005.

Riverwolf007

Exept this time both consoles use hardware from the same company,and one is stronger really than the other,this is no 2005 crap,there is nothing on xbox one better than on PS4 and techs sites have state this.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

xhawk27

You dont need a powerful console when the cloud is on your side.

drakekratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 drakekratos

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

Evo_nine

bwahahhah too bad Cloud is a bunch of BS. Even digital foundry exposed it as BS
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 xhawk27

So MS is going to the Way Nintendo did last gen. MS First Party games should look very good and use the power of the Cloud to make the gap between the PS4 and Xbox One very close or surpass it. 

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 xhawk27

[QUOTE="Evo_nine"]

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

drakekratos

So they tried it out on the Xbox One already? :roll:

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts
Calm down, buddy :PIamAdorable
Nice sig:shock:
Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 Evo_nine

[QUOTE="Evo_nine"]

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

drakekratos

digital foundry ? THE digital foundry? oh well then it IS BS , case closed!!

:roll:

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 xhawk27

Look do I think Cloud Computing can work? I don't know but I am willing to see if it does before dismissing it. Maybe DF and all the naysayers should do the same. 

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

1. The PS4 APU is clocked faster, about 33% faster
  2. The PS4 is using a full 8 core architecture
  3. The PS4 8GB GDDR5 is about 33% faster than DDR3, and PS4 has more RAM dedicated to gaming
  4. The GPU is 50% more powerful, with a gigantic custom shader library
  5. The OS is smaller and faster plus being primarily a Game OS, not a business application OS

PS4 is superior to Xbox One in every way possible.

B-b-b-b-b-but teh Cloud!

Wait a minute. The Cloud is an unproven sham. Infact, it's worst than "TEH CELL!" on PS3.

Even former 360 developer Jonathan Blow has said MS is lying about the cloud. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124357-Jonathan-Blow-Microsofts-Cloud-Server-Claims-Are-Lies

Now add on the fact that Xbox One will be far more restrictive and intrusive than PS4.

1. Xbox One requires Kinect to be On at all times, possibly spying on you.
  2. Xbox One requires an internet connection once a day, or you cant play your console.
  3. Xbox One will restrict what you can do with used games.
  4. Xbox One's subscription fee will cost a lot of money to play online.

I dont know how even the most loyal MS fanboys could support Xbox One. Infact many of them are jumping ship and planning on buying a PS4. The power difference between the two consoles alone is HUGE. Way more of a difference than last gen, when the two consoles were almost identical.

Due to superior specs that develoeprs can take advantage of, PS4 will have better exclusive games than Xbox One.

Due to superior specs, plus ease of developing and it's PC-like architecture, PS4 will have better multiplat games than Xbox One.

tumblr_mnfx66OGDO1s63ovdo1_500.jpg

drakekratos

Has MS revealed the clockspeed for the GPU?

Nearly all "Bonaire XT" design yeilds to Radeon HD 7790(14 CUs @ 1Ghz) and there's a lack of lower yield "Bonaire Pro".

Radeon HD 7750/7770 uses the older AMD Cape Verde design i.e. 7750 (Cape Verde Pro) exist due to yeild issues with 7770 (Cape Verde XT).

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Except MS software always seems to work better than Sony so... not every way possible. Also, ps4 controller has nothing on the new xbox (or even the 360) controller.

Otherwise, the other points are fairly valid. Personally, I'm getting a ps4, and an X1 controller for my PC.

drakekratos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 drakekratos

So MS is going to the Way Nintendo did last gen. MS First Party games should look very good and use the power of the Cloud to make the gap between the PS4 and Xbox One very close or surpass it. 

xhawk27
There is no such thing as "power of the Cloud". The cloud is a lie. A bunch of PR bullcrap. Even digital foundry confirmed this.
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Even in terms of the cloud, PS4 has the edge with Sony's investments in Gaikai and experments with PSN+(cloud game saving).

tionmedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 tionmedon
Member since 2006 • 468 Posts

to answer the question wait 4 E3,but when u have a gaming PC both consoles r chump change,getting both 4 xclusives only,the rest on my AWESOME PC..........fap it........

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 ronvalencia

Even in terms of the cloud, PS4 has the edge with Sony's investments in Gaikai and experments with PSN+(cloud game saving).

dercoo

MS has the edge in cloud infrastructure since MS has Hotmail/Bing/Skype/Office365/XboxLive i.e. MS has similar cloud infrastructure as Google.

For Gaikai type service, MS has RemoteFX.

Luckily, Sony is not Google or Yahoo.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

tormentos

Because for 2 generation they had powerful hardware and loss,then at the end of the xbox life came Kinect and sold well,so MS probably think hey what if we include a more advance camera standard,maybe we could pull those wii fans.

The xbox boom includes Kinect,the PS4 one doesn't which is were everything levels up Kinect 1 was like $56 dollars to make,so Kinect 2 been more advance should cost the same or little more which will take away from the GPU budget.

That and the fact that Nintendo won with 2001 graphics can convince any one.

PS4 also has updated camera controller i.e. it has two cameras.
Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 Evo_nine

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

drakekratos

There is no such thing as "power of the Cloud". The cloud is a lie. A bunch of PR bullcrap. Even digital foundry confirmed this.

"Digital Foundry acknowledges the potential for "less exciting, though certainly valuable" possibilities, mostly for multiplayer games, but believes Microsoft will have to "prove its position with strong ideas and practical demonstrations."

In other words....THEY HAVE NO IDEA, just wait to see what microsoft has to say

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

ronvalencia

MS has the edge in cloud infrastructure since MS has Hotmail/Bing/Skype/Office365/XboxLive i.e. MS has similar cloud infrastructure as Google.

Please, for the love of God & what is left of US public education's infastructure, tell me this poster is not serious.

Gaming cloud services(for AAA titles) require new high quality infastructure only two major companies have fully developed: Onlive & Gaikai.

Realeasing Bing does not improve their cloud game service infastructure.

legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 legalize82
Member since 2013 • 2293 Posts

why is this still on frontpage ?... just accept it lemmings ohh wait i see its DaCloudzzz..:lol:

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

dercoo

Please, for the love of God & what is left of US public education's infastructure, tell me this poster is not serious.

Gaming cloud services(for AAA titles) require new high quality infastructure only two major companies have fully developed: Onlive & Gaikai.

You never, NEVER argue against Ron.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

dercoo

LOL, the userbase and datasets for MS's Hotmail/Bing/Skype/Office365/XboxLive is larger than Gaikai/PSN.

Searching through very large databases (with full text search) is not walk in the park. Note that Skype handles videos.

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

ronvalencia

LOL, the userbase and datasets for MS's Hotmail/Bing/Skype/Office365/XboxLive is larger than Gaikai/PSN.

Searching through very large databases (with full text search) is not walk in the park. Note that Skype handles videos.

but handles nearly no processing unlike Gaikai...
legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 legalize82

[QUOTE="dercoo"]

[QUOTE="ronvalencia"]

ronvalencia

this has nothing to do with cloud processing and giving xbox one users more gfx juice.... and u know it

gaikai cloud processing is wayy aheead... remember onlive ?

this is just MS new hyperbole for the lackluster "inide the box performance" compared with the competition

AND CLOUDZZZ Sucks... aand u know it....

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts
Is your life based on the success of Sony? Cuz I can't wait to see what you will cling to next when the company goes down the shit.
KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#286 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Is your life based on the success of Sony? Cuz I can't wait to see what you will cling to next when the company goes down the shit.percech

:?:question:

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="heeweesRus"]Or why Great Britian got destroyed by the American patriots

Moving picture of United States flag waving in the wind animated gif

heeweesRus

With help from the French. Hell you can't even win a war against yourselves without help.

Same goes for Great Britain, needed America's help for both World Wars :(

Must be nice hanging back half the war with full resources waiting to pounce in at the end when both sides are weakened and make out your heroes eh? I wonder how different the situation would have been if you didn't hang around in Isolation for half the war....
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#288 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Traditionally, the least powerful hardware sells the best due to lower prices. Just look at the Wii.
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts
[QUOTE="heeweesRus"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"] With help from the French. Hell you can't even win a war against yourselves without help. MBirdy88

Same goes for Great Britain, needed America's help for both World Wars :(

Must be nice hanging back half the war with full resources waiting to pounce in at the end when both sides are weakened and make out your heroes eh? I wonder how different the situation would have been if you didn't hang around in Isolation for half the war....

This...I'm American, and I find heewees blanket over-generalization to be ignorant and offensive. While I am glad that we finally helped, we were verrrry late to the effort.
StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

The gap between the PS3 and 360 was much larger, but it really didn't affect anything. :|

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

When did power, automatically mean it's superior in every way?

drakekratos

More Power + Less Restrictions = PS4 is superior in every way

tumblr_mnhj8fIg7u1s63ovdo1_r1_500.png

We get it, PS4 has more flops. Also, freedom? LOL. Pc is the only platform with true freedom.
legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 legalize82

The gap between the PS3 and 360 was much larger, but it really didn't affect anything. :|

StormyJoe
oh no u didnt... false report
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 tormentos

Has MS revealed the clockspeed for the GPU?

Nearly all "Bonaire XT" design yeilds to Radeon HD 7790(14 CUs @ 1Ghz) and there's a lack of lower yield "Bonaire Pro".

Radeon HD 7750/7770 uses the older AMD Cape Verde design i.e. 7750 (Cape Verde Pro) exist due to yeild issues with 7770 (Cape Verde XT).

ronvalencia

:lol:

Is so pathetic seeing you like some how MS will have something that will put the xbox one on par with the PS4,it has a 12CU GPU plain an simple and the same problems sony faces with heat SM also face them hell even more,so if the xbox one can be over clock so can be the PS4.

The xbox one is not a 7790 quit it it has 768SP and 12 CU is not 7790,all the leaks have hold up i don't see any reason to believe other wise.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 tormentos

[QUOTE="drakekratos"][QUOTE="xhawk27"]

Evo_nine

"Digital Foundry acknowledges the potential for "less exciting, though certainly valuable" possibilities, mostly for multiplayer games, but believes Microsoft will have to "prove its position with strong ideas and practical demonstrations."

That part refer to what could be done,they basically call BS MS cloud claims..

Graphics are about speed and power,go look at PC's,the 176GB/s bandwidth may look fast to you,on PC now there are even faster ones,so don't tell me that you will send the power of 40 xbox 360 over a damn 50MB connection,when the damn Gforce Titan which ha basically that power of less need a 288GB/s bandwidth.

Is like using a power plant to start a car but using speaker wires...

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 tormentos

ronvalencia

Yeah because to run those you need the same power that you will need if you ran Crysis 3 on millions of xbox one..:lol:

legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 legalize82

[QUOTE="Evo_nine"]

[QUOTE="drakekratos"] There is no such thing as "power of the Cloud". The cloud is a lie. A bunch of PR bullcrap. Even digital foundry confirmed this. tormentos

That part refer to what could be done,they basically call BS MS cloud claims..

Graphics are about speed and power,go look at PC's,the 176GB/s bandwidth may look fast to you,on PC now there are even faster ones,so don't tell me that you will send the power of 40 xbox 360 over a damn 50MB connection,when the damn Gforce Titan which ha basically that power of less need a 288GB/s bandwidth.

Is like using a power plant to start a car but using speaker wires... :lol:

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts
This reminds me of last gen. The Cows were bragging about how the PS3 was going to be 2-3x more powerful than the 360 and how M$ was gonna exit the console business. Some things never change. lol
metalgrinch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 metalgrinch
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts

I think lots of this will be settled when we know what Sony will do regarding used games and how similar to PC gaming they will be as compared to the Xbox. Really, it'll take at least 3 years into each system's life to know who truly is the winner. Although I will say that just like the current gen, that PS4 games will have better packaging than those fruity cheap DVD cases the 360 and Wii U.

I for one will be getting a PS4, just please give me free online play and the ability to buy used games. That's it, then I'm happy. I won't get the One because just like the 360, I'm sure it'll be just another Call of Duty fruitfest more suitably tailored towards 10 year old boys and drunken college meatheaded jocks.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 tormentos

This reminds me of last gen. The Cows were bragging about how the PS3 was going to be 2-3x more powerful than the 360 and how M$ was gonna exit the console business. Some things never change. lollhughey

based on fake specs by both companies.?

Don't act like MS wasn't the first to start the fake spec war they claim the xbox 360 was 1 teraflop,before the PS3 spec were even know,the sony came with the whole BS 2 TF claim,which did not stop MS from making graphic showing how the Xenon cpu had 3 tmes the general purppose code power,because it had 3 core and Cell only one,like if SPE did not matter.

Both talked allot of sh**,but since they had hardware that was exotic the benefit of the doubt was given,this time both use hardware from the same company and we all know what both hardware more or less perform like,because they are based on GCN tech,one is faster than the other period,which is why MS for the first time did not talk spec about its console,they are under power vs the PS4.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
Here we go again with the power. Isn't the Vita more powerful than the 3DS? These consoles need more than power, it needs games, features, and be affordable. But I think the XO and PS4 are so similar both will do fine.