ps4 has too much undeserving praise right now

• 108 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kemar7856 (11490 posts) -

for me the system is just too barebones even the OS is lacking content I can't change themes or even the background color,crappy web browser,lackluster apps,viewing people you met is a pain I tried to search for a user name to add them system doesn't save them properly for viewing later ,no DLNA support,trophy system is still so slow to sync,I get alot of errors that shut down the game

(stilll no games but I wont penalize them for them because its only been 3 months.)

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (27184 posts) -

Quick,OP is antagonizing the PS4.

Cows circle jerks unite!

#3 Posted by MeanLeanBoi (25 posts) -

ps4 bees da bestest. da xbox1 iz like a 360 but nos gamez to be playin.

#4 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6058 posts) -

I tend to agree but from a somewhat different perspective.

Ok let us get it out of the bag, the PS4 does not have anywhere near enough external input options.

It still lacks in games a Whole heck of alot (this I can forgive, it has only been out for 3 months give or take).

I have experienced slowdowns in games which I find utterly disgraceful. Not that they are there, but how frequent.

People like to paint the PS4 like a high end piece of hardware which yields as much power as the highest end f Pc's It does not have nothing on a high end PC, and more comparible to a mid/high end Laptop (which in its own right, is way lower then a decent desktop).

In the end what makes or breaks the PS4 is the service we are provided and the exclusives (and ofcourse it is nice to have when watching blu-rays)

#5 Posted by MonsieurX (27184 posts) -

ps4 bees da bestest. da xbox1 iz like a 360 but nos gamez to be playin.

Trying too hard

#6 Edited by TorqueHappens08 (879 posts) -

Well, i certainly was not expecting these type of points.

#7 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (761 posts) -

The PS4 OS seems like Windows 98 barebones at times but still it seems faster than Xbox One OS current build... I know MS will fix it and go beyond PS4 barebones equipment.

#8 Posted by cainetao11 (14458 posts) -

How dare you?!! PS4 has the power, the power, THE POWER!!!!!!!!! Over the Xbox done. How can you complain? It has more power!!!! POWER!!!!!

#9 Edited by TheEroica (12751 posts) -

Just wait

#10 Posted by -CC- (1857 posts) -

The most powerful system always gets some undeserved praise and hype.

#11 Posted by Bigboi500 (27965 posts) -

Agreed. I was expecting the menu and interface to be much better than it is, there's almost nothing there at all.

Thank god I didn't play AC IV on lesser systems, as it (along with Resogun) is PS4s only saving graces right now. I've played some of Outlast and Don't Starve and didn't enjoy either one much at all.

#12 Posted by Justw8_N_C (85 posts) -

Like I always say, it's not like the PS4 is good, it's just the XBone is really really fucking bad.

#13 Edited by topgunmv (9903 posts) -

Some stuff still needs to be ironed out.

That said, I'll take bare bones over the advertisement clusterfuck I was seeing on my 360 when I booted it up for the first time in years a few days ago.

#14 Posted by KittenNose (209 posts) -

Why forgive the lack of games? People who spend four or five hundred dollars on launch day should be rewarded with something other then a year's wait, a lack luster tech demo, and some multiplats they could play on their old system.

Gaming's biggest problem currently is that early adapters always get the shaft. They get the least content, pay the most, deal with the most bugs, and to top it off they are often mocked by devs and publishers when they voice any kind of criticism. Working games, working multiplayer, and a decent library should be a prerequisite for paying full price. Currently however, no early adopter can really expect to get any of that. Software, hardware, doesn't matter. It is going to be buggy, incomplete, and lacking content.

Why is this acceptable?

#15 Posted by DarthBilf (1354 posts) -

It has potential, but it isn't there yet. If not for the huge backlash against the XB1 before release, this would be a very different story.

#16 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9340 posts) -

Both systems have their fair share of issues. It's just that the PS4 is more worth it at this point.

#17 Posted by jcknapier711 (378 posts) -

I like PS4 better, even though Xbone has better games.

#18 Posted by Evo_nine (1346 posts) -

PS4, the only 1080p 60fps machine that cant display 1080p 60fps.

#20 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (2321 posts) -

OK OP.

#21 Edited by HitmanActual (199 posts) -

The PS4 is like a catepillar, it's only a matter of time before it turns into a spectacular butterfly.

Xbone will stay, well...just a bone.

#22 Edited by Shewgenja (6977 posts) -

I see butthurt

Butthurt everywhere.

#23 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2212 posts) -

If I didn't buy NBA 2K14 on PS4 I probably wouldn't even turn it on. Then again if my Direct TV wasn't running through the Xbox One......

#24 Posted by Shewgenja (6977 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

Whenever you'd like to start making sense, that would be peachy.

#25 Edited by aroxx_ab (8649 posts) -

Ok sux for you but to ME Ps4 have been nothing but amazing. Just finished Outlast, that is my third game i complete om Ps4 and no crash or so whatever in any game.

I dont see a big point in change background when you wont see anything of it anyway because of all appz/windows in the way...

Have Tomb Raider to beat now before Thief get released now this month, and next month Infamous coming. Oh and next month is many other games for my other platforms so i see no problems with games. I will be busy for long time...

#26 Edited by ButDuuude (303 posts) -

Just like the PS3, a lot of new features will be added with firmware updates.

#27 Posted by kuu2 (6441 posts) -

Run TC, run! The stampede approaches.........

#28 Edited by BeardMaster (1438 posts) -

Yea both systems are pretty terrible right now. Honestly i dont know why they didnt wait another year to get their stuff straight.

So far 90% of my gaming is on last gen consoles, seems stupid to rush buggy unfinished consoles to market with no games.

#29 Edited by kemar7856 (11490 posts) -

@BeardMaster: i don't have my ps3 anymore so all i play on ps4 is BF4 I finished outlast today too I never died so much times in a game before

#30 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3488 posts) -

You know SONY they will release different color schemes and paid/free with PS+ themes soon enough.

#31 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13467 posts) -

For $400, it's pretty sweet hardware wise. Also the engineering that went with the blower style cpu fan and heat-shield, while keeping a good temp is pretty amazing. At least it's not some huge box with a giant heatsink inside, goes to show how idiotic the Microsoft engineers could be.

#32 Posted by Ghost120x (3437 posts) -

I don't care about the OS but the browser is ass.

#33 Posted by BeardMaster (1438 posts) -

@BeardMaster: i don't have my ps3 anymore so all i play on ps4 is BF4 I finished outlast today too I never died so much times in a game before

thats sucks, i kept all my old consoles because i expected a game draught and i have a sizeable backlog. I dont have a PS4 yet, but if all i had was my xbox one... i would be bored to tears. So i can feel your pain.

#34 Posted by nini200 (8882 posts) -

Just wait

That's the problem actually. They're already waiting

#35 Edited by blamix99 (1332 posts) -

Both systems have their fair share of issues. It's just that the PS4 is more worth it at this point.

#36 Edited by Heil68 (40665 posts) -

The PS4 is an incredibly sleek piece of kit. The raked front and back make it seem like a solid slab of technology hewn from a larger piece. The mix of matt and gloss areas succeeds in looking classier than an either an all-matt or all-gloss finish would have. As plastic boxes go, this is among the best looking I've seen.

Playing Killzone Shadow Fall it was immediately apparent that this was a next-gen game. It easily matches the best the PC has to offer: there was complex geometry, with trees blowing softly in the wind; high-resolution textures, which made rocks and the forest floor look photo realistic; volumetric lighting with rays of sunshine filtered by the canopy above. The shooter itself is solid stuff, with far more tactical variation and space to manoeuvre than Call of Duty and its ilk. The plot starts strongly and though it's no classic, this is a technically-capable game you'll want to see through to the end.

It’s the best looking PlayStation console by some distance and runs so much faster than its predecessor. The DualShock 4 controller is lovely to hold, the UI wipes the floor with the PS3’s XMB interface, the Remote play hook-up with the PS Vita is a killer feature and crucially, games look gorgeous.

The PS4 is a powerful, great looking console. There's no doubt that it's the more powerful of the two consoles and that Sony has produced a leaner, more gamer orientated console compared to the Xbox One.

#37 Edited by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

i agree. ps4 has no games

#38 Edited by The_Stand_In (320 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@Evo_nine said:

Whenever you'd like to start making sense, that would be peachy.

How did that not make sense? He was clearly taking a swing at the PS4's inability to render games with high graphical fidelity at 1080p and at 60fps.

Sad thing is he's right.

#39 Edited by bobbetybob (18894 posts) -

The only reason it's getting praise is because it's more powerful than the Xbox One and cheaper. From what I've heard they're both considerably worse than their predecessors in a number of ways (mainly multimedia features) which is hilarious.

#40 Posted by mems_1224 (44824 posts) -

Other than being a bit more powerful than the X1 there isn't anything exciting at all about the PS4 for me.

#41 Edited by catasaurus (197 posts) -

@kittennose: early adopters are the ones knowingly purchasing the hardware with the lack of software. How are they getting the shaft?

#42 Edited by StrongBlackVine (7846 posts) -

I don't even use my PS4 right now. I'm back on PS3 until inFAMOUS releases. I knew there would be a game drought so that doesn't bother. PS4 REALLY needs a YouTube app though. I don't a shit about a full-featured browser because I have PC, tablet and phone for the web.

I would like custom themes and that will probably come, just not as soon as we would like. I am thankful they finally patched in support for Pulse Elites.

#43 Edited by super600 (29277 posts) -

I can agree with you to an extent. Sony comprised the gaming side and to an extent the media side of the PS4 last year to talk about their vision for the PS4 and talk about things related to the PS4 that don't really matter anymore.. It was a great idea to do this, but at the same time they forgot to create interesting and fun exclusive launch games(Knack and Killzone are not that fun for most people and don't impress me that much) and talk about future PS4 games that people can enjoy.It will take at least a year or two for a lot of the more impressive games to release for both the PS4 and the xbox one The multiplats on the console are great, but I don't buy multiplats usually and I can play almost all of the multiplats released on the PS4 on my 360 if I wanted to.Some of the media/social features are unfinished for both consoles, but I can forgive them for that. I'm also avoiding the xbox one for now until the UI,party chat and etc are fixed and the price of that console decreases.I also think that the PS4 is a really safe console, but that's not bad usually,but for some people they may not want to buy a safe product.

#44 Posted by psx_warrior (1490 posts) -

Other than being a bit more powerful than the X1 there isn't anything exciting at all about the PS4 for me.

It's been this way since the Genesis and SNES, and probably farther back. The One and PS4 are no different. What i think will make or break the One will be the games. As far as the graphics go, as long as they are better than anything the 360 could do, I would be happy. Don't own either console, but I'm more inclined to get the One than PS4 because of Ryse and Halo. Besides, FF XV and KH3 will be on the One too.:)

#45 Posted by ConanTheStoner (3854 posts) -

I wouldn't say it's getting too much praise really. How else are you supposed to react to having god in a box?

#46 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

PS4's only strongpoint is that it doesn't have MS name behind it after this past year of drama.

I'm still playing the PS3, no reason to jump to next gen just yet (though Killer Instinct does look interesting).

#47 Posted by getyeryayasout (6417 posts) -

I set my to 'Wobble' and rest my junk on it. Best console ever.

#48 Posted by Vecna (3230 posts) -

I knew they had a wobble, but hawt damn Im sold!

#49 Posted by getyeryayasout (6417 posts) -

@Vecna said:

@getyeryayasout said:

I knew they had a wobble, but hawt damn Im sold!

Sony really thought of everything.

#50 Posted by trugs26 (4666 posts) -

PS4 is easily overrated on these boards. So much cow circle jerking and praise for mediocre things. Sure there are definitely some highlights recently, but cows are taking it too far.