PS4 Has No Games (Seriously)

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

I've had my PS4 since last Tuesday and love it. It's a technical marvel - a sleek compact unit with tons of horsepower (for a console) under the hood. Anyhow, the only game I have for it is Killzone: Shadow Fall, which is quite fun, and will probably be the only game I have for the system until the release of The Order, inFamous: Second Son, MGSV, Destiny, and whatever else interests me.

Are there any other PS4 owners in my situation? I'm not complaining; I don't regret getting the console as I knew before hand it wouldn't have many games at launch.

#2 Posted by Gue1 (9118 posts) -

if you limit your play to only 1 or 2 games then of-course there will be no games... Are you an idiot?

#3 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38156 posts) -

A console at launch has run out of new games to play? shocking

Also I fail to see the point of this thread if you already knew this would happen

#4 Posted by KBFloYd (12745 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

if you limit your play to only 1 or 2 games then of-course there will be no games... Are you an idiot?

so what else should he play? flower? knack?

#5 Posted by Cali3350 (16130 posts) -

If your looking for first party games its limited. Theres plenty of great third party games though.

NBA 2k14, Resogun and Assasins Creed 4 have kept me more than entertained so far.

#6 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

I hear you man, Killzone isn't very fun. My week has been filled up with Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5.

#7 Posted by Blabadon (25192 posts) -

Seeing as you already have a PC for multiplats, you really got no one but yourself to blame.

#8 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

@Cali3350 said:

If your looking for first party games its limited. Theres plenty of great third party games though.

NBA 2k14, Resogun and Assasins Creed 4 have kept me more than entertained so far.

I played the original Assassin's Creed on XBOX 360. It was extremely slow paced, repetitive, and had a lackluster combat system. Never again.

#9 Edited by thedork_knight (866 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

He is right tho, considering everything else is multi-plat which if he own ps3/pc there are no games to play

#10 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5683 posts) -

its the same with the X1... I have both systems. And I only have 2 games for the xbox one, FIFA, and Forza. At least with the PS4 you get better multiplats. But Over all I do have more games on the PS4, I have NFS Rivals,Killzone,BF4,Resogun, and flower which was free since I had the game on the PS3. I'm not buying any 720p game on the X1, and the ones out there dont seem like anything I would get anyways.

#11 Edited by Cyberdot (3510 posts) -

No shit sherlock.

It's just a few days after launch.

#12 Edited by BluRayHiDef (10837 posts) -

How does BF4 look and run on the PS4 compared to the PC version?

#13 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

Well, here's something to watch while you wait - http://www.twitch.tv/wrestling_with_pixels

#14 Posted by Newhopes (4444 posts) -

Reason I won't be buying one anytime soon, no games I want to play.

#15 Edited by 2Chalupas (4976 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Gue1 said:

so what else should he play? flower? knack?

Need for Speed Rivals? Battlefield 4? CoD Ghosts? Assassin's Creed IV? Resogun? There are numerous big games to play.

Obviously most of these are multiplats. So if he has a PC to play them in greater than 1080p it would be stupid, but in that case he's an idiot to complain because we know from last gen that the vast majority of quality games are going to be muliplats. How many big time exclusives would you expect at launch? Over the course of an entire year we are lucky if there are 10 top notch exclusives on any one platform, and actually that number is probably more like 5 at this point.

#16 Posted by lamprey263 (22428 posts) -

enjoy what you have on it, and then when you get bored, play one of the numerous games on another system (assuming you have something else)

#17 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (4991 posts) -

Umm its lunch ya dweeb

#18 Edited by insanegame377 (332 posts) -

If you have a PS4 then you might as well make use of it, and buy any multi-platform games you want for it. It'll take a while before there are a lot of good exclusives.

#19 Edited by I_can_haz (6454 posts) -

I'm enjoying BF4, KZSF, Resogun, Warframe etc. right now on my PS4. It's the best launch in a long time IMO. Usually launch means playing 1 or 2 games for months but withy the PS4 there's also them free indie games to play in between sessions of KZSF and BF4. I'm patiently waiting for infamous and Driveclub in a couple of months. Granted I could play Warframe and Blacklight Retribution on my PC but playing these games on my PS4 is just more fun for some reason, maybe it's because I have way more friends on PSN than on Steam.

#20 Posted by Pray_to_me (2735 posts) -

What is the point of this thread?

#21 Posted by FPSfan1985 (2008 posts) -

NBA 2K14, AC:BF, BF4 and Fifa are all very good. Give em a try.

#22 Edited by FPSfan1985 (2008 posts) -

900p high settings 40-60 fps.

#23 Posted by Merex760 (4280 posts) -

I really don't see how people say PS4 has no games. Sure, from an exclusive retail standpoint it's light RIGHT NOW, but anyone with a brain knows Sony always delivers with exclusives. But where it lacks in retail exclusives it more than makes it up for it with the wealth of digital content available to hold people over. The Xbox Game Market is a wasteland compared to the PSN Market.

#24 Edited by MK-Professor (3634 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef said:

PS4 version - 1600x900, high settings

PC version - any rez, low - medium - high - ultra settings

what you need to ask is how your GPU will compared to PS4 version...

#25 Posted by GamingGod999 (2891 posts) -

And this is why I don't buy consoles at launch.

#26 Edited by GreySeal9 (23929 posts) -

@BluRayHiDef

The first Assassin's Creed scared me off from playing any other AC too.

#27 Edited by GreySeal9 (23929 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

Considering that you can't read, you probably shouldn't be calling other people idiots.

#28 Posted by NFJSupreme (5020 posts) -

This is why I didn't buy one. No matter how much cows want to believe it so, Killzone is not a system seller. Sorry it just isn't. I'll get my PS4 when I see games that I want to play.

#29 Posted by mems_1224 (45744 posts) -

both consoles dont have shit until march and very slim pickings on launch day. thats why i never buy launch consoles. never worth it.

#30 Posted by Heil68 (42622 posts) -

I got 6 at launch. I'm buried in games atm. :D

Hail to the King Baby.. SONY

Awww yeahhhh

#31 Posted by gunit3000 (356 posts) -

@Cali3350 said:

I played the original Assassin's Creed on XBOX 360. It was extremely slow paced, repetitive, and had a lackluster combat system. Never again.

I couldn't get past the 2 hour mark in any of the AC games except for AC4, I'm enjoying the shit out of that game.

#32 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23395 posts) -

it's not a big deal.

i had droughts when i got my 360 and ps3 at launch but the games eventually began to roll in.

know how i fixed it?

this gen i decided to not be an early adopter.

#33 Edited by Zassimick (6140 posts) -

Bought Killzone: Shadow Fall and Assassin's Creed 4 at launch, plus with Resogun and Contrast I have quite a bit to play just on the system.

I've never really had an issue with droughts; even if I ran into one on the system (which I won't when I can go rent Knack and Need for Speed Rivals) I have lots to play on my other consoles.

#34 Posted by g0ddyX (3869 posts) -

You'd need a good PC to able to play multiplatforms in the best way playable.
If not, you got the PS4 for it.

A lot of PC gamers play PC exclusives and multiplatform games on consoles.

#35 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3633 posts) -

Exclusives are pretty bad for both right now. Wish I could try out KI... I will eventually though. I have also been playing NBA 2K14 which is a great game minus the crashes in My Player mode.... sigh.

Blacklight Retribution has been good as well. Tried NFS Rivals (I own it) but not feeling it. CoD? More of the same. So why did I get a console at launch? I wanted it... :P

Sure, I have to wait for some good exclusives, but then again... I would have to wait EITHER WAY for the good games that will be coming before too long.

#36 Edited by SUD123456 (4349 posts) -

Have both. Agree that it is thin pickings. I forced myself to buy the horrid garbage that is KZ thinking that it might have improved.... stupid me. X1 lineup is a bit better, emphasis on 'bit'.

#37 Edited by chocolate1325 (32368 posts) -

Consoles nowadays don't have strong launch lineups they need a year or so to get into their stride.

#38 Edited by blangenakker (2059 posts) -

Buy more games than, broaden your horizons

#39 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

'twas always gonna happen broseph.

you've got a beastly pc. any spare funds for the steam/amazon/origin/etc sales?

#40 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

Spending $400 on a PS4 + $50 for online to play Killzone 4

#41 Posted by HitmanActual (311 posts) -

Who needs games? I am going to do a live stream on Twitch of my GF and I drinking lots of alcohol until she passes out and then without her knowing I am going to undress her for all to see. Might even invade her privacy during the stream if you know what I mean. ;)

Twitch on PS4 > Games.

Useless Apps on consoles > Games.

Who plays games on consoles anymore anyway? It's all about apps and social media and dare I say it...TV.

#42 Posted by clr84651 (5277 posts) -

It takes time from launch for a console to have a lot of games. There are plenty for me to play, because I like KZ SF, BF4, CoD Ghosts, Injustice Gods Among US, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Madden 25, and the free ones from PSN. I'll be playing Wolfenstein The New Order on Dec 15th

both consoles dont have shit until march and very slim pickings on launch day. thats why i never buy launch consoles. never worth it.

That's right! Because waiting a year and a half for a price drop is worth it.

#43 Posted by freedomfreak (38176 posts) -

I've done launch consoles in the past. I learned my lesson.

#44 Posted by mems_1224 (45744 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@mems_1224 said:

That's right! Because waiting a year and a half for a price drop is worth it.

It definitely is. Cheaper system, tons of games to choose from. Whats the down side again?

#45 Edited by HavocV3 (7934 posts) -

@treedoor said:

+$60 for Killzone.

Mediocrity comes at a price. And that price is: $510.

Lel.

#46 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3476 posts) -

@HavocV3:

@HavocV3 said:

@treedoor said:

Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Lel.

Umm you have to pay for online on XBL also....

#47 Posted by HavocV3 (7934 posts) -
@g0ddyX said:

You'd need a good PC to able to play multiplatforms in the best way playable.

If not, you got the PS4 for it.

A lot of PC gamers play PC exclusives and multiplatform games on consoles.

The OP already has an i7 w/ a 7970.

He can already play all of those multiplats @ higher settings. He can probably get them for cheaper on PC too.

This is why there's no point in buying consoles at launch. You could save yourself a whole lot of money down the road. (cheaper multiplats, cheaper hardware & a larger selection of games)

$500+ just to play Kilolzone or Borza = bad idea. No matter how much you spin it.

#48 Posted by Snugenz (11405 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Seeing as you already have a PC for multiplats, you really got no one but yourself to blame.

This, i'll be getting one on Friday, but as a PC gamer i don't expect to use it much beyond KZ:SF and Resogun.

#49 Posted by HavocV3 (7934 posts) -

@HavocV3:

@HavocV3 said:

@treedoor said:

Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Lel.

Umm you have to pay for online on XBL also....

Thnx4thecommonknowledge, bruv.

#50 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9466 posts) -

Try the indie and F2P games. Not to mention all the multiplat games like Madden, COD, NFS etc