PS4 Has More Pre-orders Than Xbone, "150:30" says GameStop

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Pokemon266 (369 posts) -

PS4 Has More Pre-orders Than Xbox One, "By Long Shot 150:30" says GameStop Manager

http://www.gamepur.com/news/12678-ps4-has-more-pre-orders-xbox-one-long-shot-15030-says-gamestop-manager.html

Damn, someone needs to bend microsoft over, because they are receiving a SPANKING!

#2 Edited by Shewgenja (8779 posts) -

Damn! I didn't even expect it to be that wide.

#3 Posted by Pokemon266 (369 posts) -

Damn! I didn't even expect it to be that wide.

Wider then a 16 year olds legs on school prom night

#4 Edited by AutoPilotOn (8405 posts) -

Isn't 150:30 5:1? I was always thought you give the smallest possible numbers when comparing like that..

#5 Edited by Shewgenja (8779 posts) -

Isn't 150:30 5:1? I was always thought you give the smallest possible numbers when comparing like that..

My guess is that a Gamestop Manager isn't exactly a math major from a major university. This is America we're talking about, as well.

#6 Edited by ArchoNils2 (6213 posts) -

@AutoPilotOn said:

Well this is just one store manager and in his store he says it's about 150 PS4s and about 30 xBones, it's not really representative at all.

EDIT:
Also the source is some reddit post, it's not even clear this really was a manager at all

#7 Edited by Haveeked (42 posts) -

The war has been won

#8 Edited by trugs26 (5391 posts) -

@AutoPilotOn said:

My guess is that a Gamestop Manager isn't exactly a math major from a major university. This is America we're talking about, as well.

You don't learn that at university. It's more of a primary school thing. I'm not sure why he'd present it in such a way.

#9 Posted by Zophar87 (4347 posts) -

If true, holy shit...

#10 Posted by Krelian-co (10660 posts) -

PS4 Has More Pre-orders Than Xbox One, "By Long Shot 150:30" says GameStop Manager

http://www.gamepur.com/news/12678-ps4-has-more-pre-orders-xbox-one-long-shot-15030-says-gamestop-manager.html

Damn, someone needs to bend microsoft over, because they are receiving a SPANKING!

#11 Posted by Krelian-co (10660 posts) -

@AutoPilotOn said:

emm you dont need to be a math major to know that, just common sense?

#12 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25644 posts) -

Well that's....rather a lot, isn't it. Hmm.

#13 Posted by david61983 (156 posts) -

Hasn't MS been sold out of Xbone preorders for a while now? Could they be having production issues?

#14 Posted by ankor77 (956 posts) -

While I believe PS4 may have some more pre-orders I certainly wouldn't take a Gamestop store managers word for it. I wouldn't take any one dude with anecdotal experience from his own store as actual numbers. Lets wait to see actual sales numbers. We probably shouldn't even compare until at least after Christmas or even later.

#15 Posted by FIipMode (10846 posts) -

It is just one store, not that I expect it to be drastically different across the US at GS.

#16 Posted by Sushiglutton (5260 posts) -

It's because 150/30 are the total pre-order numbers for his store I think.

#17 Edited by sukraj (22597 posts) -

yes its a lot but I don't care as long as I get my xbox one on the 22nd.

#19 Posted by BigBoss255 (3538 posts) -

Shitty sales for a shitty product.

#dealwtithit

#20 Posted by Krelian-co (10660 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

yes its a lot but I don't care as long as I get my xbox one on the 22nd.

suddenly lems don't care about sales or graphics or anything xD

microsoft just reduced lems to full time clowns on forums around the world, ty microsoft.

#21 Posted by Heil68 (43951 posts) -

Pre orders dont mean much, I've said it all along. Lets wait 6 months after launch and see how each console is selling compaired to the previous consoles.

#22 Edited by bezza2011 (2408 posts) -

Not having a dig or disrespectful but America like to make everything big so saying 150:30 just makes thing look massive, and it just wouldn't be american if he'd of just said 5:1.

Thats how i see america from here in the UK, US always do things on Epic Proportions. lol

#24 Posted by StormyJoe (5115 posts) -

Cows make themselves look dumber by the minute.

They are SOLD OUT OF BOTH. So, that means Sony allotted that store 150 PS4's, and MS allotted that store 30 XBoxOne's. How is that any indication of the market demand for each console?

#25 Edited by Krelian-co (10660 posts) -

Not having a dig or disrespectful but America like to make everything big so saying 150:30 just makes thing look massive, and it just wouldn't be american if he'd of just said 5:1.

Thats how i see america from here in the UK, US always do things on Epic Proportions. lol

called over compensation.

#26 Posted by Senor_Kami (8380 posts) -

Shows how believable a source it is. Assuming it's not completely made up, this dude struggles with elementary level math. I don't trust his ability to make comparisons based off of math.

#27 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9651 posts) -

#28 Posted by Basinboy (11087 posts) -

What, Gamestop can't be bothered to do math and say 5:1?

#29 Edited by Sushiglutton (5260 posts) -

@AutoPilotOn said:

Shows how believable a source it is. Assuming it's not completely made up, this dude struggles with elementary level math. I don't trust his ability to make comparisons based off of math.

His store have 150/30 pre-orders in total. That's why he replied to: "How many PS4 perorders have you received at your store in total?" with: "I think my store hit ~150 vs ~30 XBone"

#30 Posted by bezza2011 (2408 posts) -

@bezza2011 said:

called over compensation.

i wish the UK was so hyped up about everything, i mean i watch a football (soccer) game through streaming and it was on an american sports coverage and i watched an advert about a documentary for liverpool fc and i'd seen the advert for it here and i watched the show but i honestly can say the documentary wasn't that but the advert made it out to be life or death an epic battle was crazy the one thing i don't like about US tv is how much advertising there is they advertise everything, UK hasn't been hit by that just yet. lol

#31 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@AutoPilotOn said:

Well this is just one store manager and in his store he says it's about 150 PS4s and about 30 xBones, it's not really representative at all.

EDIT:

Also the source is some reddit post, it's not even clear this really was a manager at all

LMAO, Cows gonna Cow :)

Jesus one manager and it deserves a actual post? Are you kidding me?

#32 Posted by BigShotSmoov007 (252 posts) -

It's outselling by that much but yet you can't go in any gamestop in america and preorder an XBO anymore? You can't go online and preorder a XBO at all and he gives those numbers which indicates that they would have some to still preorder? This doesn't make any sense at all.

#33 Posted by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

Yes, it's a 5 to 1 ratio.

That store manager is saying they have 150 PS4 pre-orders and only 30 Xbox One Pre-orders.

#34 Edited by blackace (20562 posts) -

@Pokemon266 said:

Who the hell is going to believe some random Gamestop store manager? Only bias cows of course. lol!! They aren't allowed to disclose unit numbers, so he's probably pulling it out of his ass. We've already seen news that the XB1 had more preorders in Sept then the PS4. So take any of this news with a grain of salt. No one is taking PS4 preorders anymore and XBox One can still be preordered in some locations.

What?? This game from some random guy on Sony's Reedit? LMAO!! Total BS then.

************************************************************************************

Hasn't MS been sold out of Xbone preorders for a while now? Could they be having production issues?

Actually it's the PS4 that has been sold out for weeks now. No one is taking PS4 preorders, not even Amazon. Xbox One preorders are still available at some locations, but they are pretty much sold out as well now.

#35 Posted by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Pokemon266 said:

Who the hell is going to believe some random Gamestop store manager? Only bias cows of course. lol!! They aren't allowed to disclose unit numbers, so he's probably pulling it out of his ass. We've already seen news that the XB1 had more preorders in Sept then the PS4. So take any of this news with a grain of salt. No one is taking PS4 preorders anymore and XBox One can still be preordered in some locations.

Link? And you do know the PS4 stopped taking perorders in September so if The Xbox One couldn't outsell it that'd be terrible

#36 Posted by Daious (1250 posts) -

He threw out a ball park figure for just one store....

#37 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25644 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Pokemon266 said:

Link? And you do know the PS4 stopped taking perorders in September so if The Xbox One couldn't outsell it that'd be terrible

Prepare for him to give you a link to VGChartz. That's right, he's going to give you a link to VGChartz to prove his point while claiming only a bias cow would believe a Gamestop manager.

#38 Edited by Heil68 (43951 posts) -

When you're committed to the gamer like SONY is, it's really not that much of a surprise is it? By gamers, for gamers, the SONY way. Always Live, Learn and Love.

#39 Edited by blackace (20562 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Pokemon266 said:

From Aug 25 to Oct 21 the PS4 has 125K preorders and the XBox One had 175K preorders.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251359/ps4-vs-xbox-one-us-pre-orders-update-xbox-one-gains-ground/

As of today there are no more preorders until 2014. I was wrong about XB1. They are now completely sold out as well. Back in October they did still have preorders, but not anymore.

#40 Edited by roadkill88 (2313 posts) -
#41 Posted by Pray_to_me (2837 posts) -

Dude at best buy said the same thing. 4 or 5 to one ratio in favor of the PS4. XBone being "sold out" is MS just trying to save face and make it look like Xbone is in demand.

#42 Posted by heretrix (37343 posts) -

Says a Gamestop manager after I agreed to a 5 year subscription to Game Informer.

#43 Posted by TruthArisen (385 posts) -

Wonder Woman screams.

"By the f*cking gods!"

#44 Posted by Netret0120 (2084 posts) -

Woah I knew PS4 was winning but by that margin?!

It will only get wider when Naughty Dog announces their new IP and Santa Monica studios

#45 Posted by Netret0120 (2084 posts) -

Woah I knew PS4 was winning but by that margin?!

It will only get wider when Naughty Dog announces their new IP and Santa Monica studios

#46 Posted by silversix_ (14280 posts) -

Good to see gamers aren't all stupid sheep that follow the brand they currently own like brain deads.

#47 Posted by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

@blackace said:

@majesticshea said:

@blackace said:

@Pokemon266 said:

From Aug 25 to Oct 21 the PS4 has 125K preorders and the XBox One had 175K preorders.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251359/ps4-vs-xbox-one-us-pre-orders-update-xbox-one-gains-ground/

As of today there are no more preorders until 2014. I was wrong about XB1. They are now completely sold out as well. Back in October they did still have preorders, but not anymore.

Killzone is outselling all Xbox exclusives combined lol

#48 Edited by nexus303 (204 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

When you're committed to the gamer lie SONY is, it's really not that much of a surprise is it? By gamers, for gamers, the SONY way. Always Live, Learn and Love.

Freudian slip much ?

#49 Edited by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Pokemon266 said:

What?? This game from some random guy on Sony's Reedit? LMAO!! Total BS then.

************************************************************************************

@david61983 said:

Actually it's the PS4 that has been sold out for weeks now. No one is taking PS4 preorders, not even Amazon. Xbox One preorders are still available at some locations, but they are pretty much sold out as well now.

Yeah Blackace, any negative news for X1 is a lie, we get it lol. Btw Lem, you have a link for that BS you just posted?

#50 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5113 posts) -

LMAOOOOOOOO

For months lems said it wasn't so despite every shred of evidence pointing to such

I tell lems, in the real world nobody cares about X1. It's even worse than on the net