PS4 has more games than Xbox One. About twice as many.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Kevlar101 (6257 posts) -

List of Playstation 4 games, upcoming and released.

There are currently 207 games on this list (15 of which have been confirmed as free-to-play).

Exclusive = 27 (1 of these are free-to-play)
Sony Exclusive = 17
Console exclusive and/or timed = 49 (7 of these are free-to-play)
Multiplatform = 109 (1 of these is free-to-play)
Playable = 55 available to purchase (8 of these are exclusive to PS4)

List of Xbox One games, upcoming and released.

There are currently 123 games on this list.

Exclusive = 17
Microsoft exclusive = 7
Console exclusive or timed = 5/3
Multiplatform = 89
Playable = 35 available to purchase (9 of these are exclusive to Xbox One)

So. About 200 PS4 games, 55 of which are released.

About 120 Xbox One games, 35 which are released.

And you Xbox fanboys say that Xbox One is better because it actually has games and the PS4 has waaay less games? The facts are here. PS4 has more games, both upcoming and released.

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by Zidaneski (8486 posts) -

Everyone knows the PS4 has more games, that isn't what people discuss here. They "discuss" which system has the best games. Quality over quantity.

#3 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

No one but hardcore lems on SW believes that the Xbone has more games to play than the PS4. It's just a myth lems here fabricated to make themselves feel better about PS4 knocking the F out of Xbone. In the real world everyone knows PS4 has more games and it's cheaper hence the reason PS4 is decimating the competition.

#4 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@Zidaneski said:

Everyone knows the PS4 has more games, that isn't what people discuss here. They "discuss" which system has the best games. Quality over quantity.

and yet PS4 has more higher rated games on MC.

#5 Edited by Shewgenja (11003 posts) -

$500 trash box confirmed.

#6 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Yes, just like how the Xbox 360 had tons more games than the PS3. In fact the 360 had over 3000 indie games on top of having a few hundred more retail titles than PS3.

But that's not what people argue about here. People argue quality, and exclusivity. It doesn't really matter if a system has tons of games that can be found elsewhere, or aren't that great anyways.

@Zidaneski said:

#7 Edited by gago-gago (9864 posts) -

Listing games especially upcoming games without actual release dates doesn't mean shit really. Sony fans never learn and continue to foam in the mouth every time Sony announces an announcement of a list of games even if these games get delayed, canceled or flops. Just as long they make the list long as possible they expect their fans to wait for them like The Last Guardian, The Agent, DriveClub and so on.

#8 Edited by Midnightshade29 (5602 posts) -

@Zidaneski said:

And ps4 games are quality, it's all subjective. You may prefer dead rising 720p-3 edtion, or forza microtransaction edition, or ryse son of grind... and I may prefer to play Killzone, Infmaous and superior multiplats of every 3rd party game, plus indie games like outlast, don't starve, dead nation, rouge legacy etc.. We are all entitled to our opinion, and if going off scores both have games rated similarly, but that is again someone else's opinion. The ps4 has more games that is fact, and the only fact that counts objectively. You can deny it all you want but it doesn't make your thoughts true. And no, most lemmings here say "Ps4 has no games, or indie station 4...." bah I say, they spew nonsense! The same people raved over indie games like shadow complex, castle crashers and limbo last gen. Now they don't like them...haha. so ironic.

#9 Posted by Shewgenja (11003 posts) -

@treedoor said:

Yes, just like how the Xbox 360 had tons more games than the PS3. In fact the 360 had over 3000 indie games on top of having a few hundred more retail titles than PS3.

But that's not what people argue about here. People argue quality, and exclusivity. It doesn't really matter if a system has tons of games that can be found elsewhere, or aren't that great anyways.

@Zidaneski said:

People argue here because they have an inferiority complex with their consoles. The numbers don't lie though. PS4 has the games.

#10 Posted by blamix99 (2575 posts) -

everybody knows this already..

#11 Posted by Evo_nine (2094 posts) -

too bad they are indie trash.

#12 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

I think that's great for ps4.

how many games exactly? 207?

i wonder if it will ever beat steamos. 358 atm.

#13 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

and yet my PS4 is still sitting there with nothing to play on it until infamous comes

#14 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@treedoor said:

@Zidaneski said:

People argue here because they have an inferiority complex with their consoles. The numbers don't lie though. PS4 has the games.

1 AAe, 1 Ae, and 1 game rated a 4 out of 10 No

#15 Posted by Kevlar101 (6257 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

and yet my PS4 is still sitting there with nothing to play on it until infamous comes

I suppose that's ur own fault then, hm?

#16 Edited by slim70 (673 posts) -

@Kevlar101:

Yeah most of those are indie games that Sony are using to pad their exclusive lineup with that's why. Nobody gave a fuck about indies last gen with MS so why now? Because it's Sony right?

#17 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

Lems did the same thing last gen. Just said ps3 got no games, over and over and over, until some folks started to believe it. But eventually, the truth won out, with the ps3 destroying the 360 in rated games, and number of games.

There's no reason why lems wouldn't try the same tactic again this gen...only to bed up getting burned, again.

#18 Posted by Pffrbt (6596 posts) -

Does it really matter when neither one has any games worth playing.

#19 Edited by regnaston (289 posts) -

@Kevlar101:

Sony's PS4 game site has 43 currently released games/apps

http://us.playstation.com/ps-products/BrowseGames?console=ps4&beginsWith=Any

Microsoft's XBOX One game site has 37 game/apps released

http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/xbox-one-games

Not a huge difference in numbers in actual released games. Now the question the consumer has to ask themselves, is which list appeals to them more. For some it will be the PS4 for others it will be the XBOX One

#20 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

Too bad it doesn't have any relevent games though, or the only game that matters at the moment, TitanFall, aka GodlyFall

#21 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (28502 posts) -

Sheen's last gen: bububububububububububububububbubu the exclusives they are the only thing that matters.

Sheen's this gen: oh my god my stiffy at all those multiplatform games the ps4 gets oh yeah!

Note on last generation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games

1119 games released 919 multiplatform, 187 exclusive, 72 console exclusive *Don't believe in console exclusivity I'm just using the terms found on wikipedia*

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games

795 released, 635 multiplatform, exclusive 150, console exclusive 10 *again don't believe in console exclusivity just using wikipedia terms*

Note of wikipedia numbers: the ps3 list is about 6 months old and hasn't been updated but I don't believe 37 exclusives have been released in that time. So basically we have Sheen's being moron's last generation since exclusives on the 360 outnumbered exclusives on the ps3 and it doesn't matter about scores since its just exclusives that matter, and we have Sheen's now being hypocrites because the entire time last generation they claimed exclusive's only counted because the ps3 was getting its ass kicked constantly on games, and exclusives.

Note: the ps3 does have more higher scoring exclusives which is the only bragging rights Sheen's had, it took an entire generation and up to the first 2-3 months of the next generation for the ps3 to finally beat the 360 in world wide sales.

#22 Posted by D4RKL1NG (271 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Sheen's last gen: bububububububububububububububbubu the exclusives they are the only thing that matters.

Sheen's this gen: oh my god my stiffy at all those multiplatform games the ps4 gets oh yeah!

Note on last generation:

1119 games released 919 multiplatform, 187 exclusive, 72 console exclusive *Don't believe in console exclusivity I'm just using the terms found on wikipedia*

795 released, 635 multiplatform, exclusive 150, console exclusive 10 *again don't believe in console exclusivity just using wikipedia terms*

Note of wikipedia numbers: the ps3 list is about 6 months old and hasn't been updated but I don't believe 37 exclusives have been released in that time. So basically we have Sheen's being moron's last generation since exclusives on the 360 outnumbered exclusives on the ps3 and it doesn't matter about scores since its just exclusives that matter, and we have Sheen's now being hypocrites because the entire time last generation they claimed exclusive's only counted because the ps3 was getting its ass kicked constantly on games, and exclusives.

Note: the ps3 does have more higher scoring exclusives which is the only bragging rights Sheen's had, it took an entire generation and up to the first 2-3 months of the next generation for the ps3 to finally beat the 360 in world wide sales.

The only 'Sheen' is that thing on your chin

#23 Posted by stationplay_4 (444 posts) -

wth is a sheen?

#24 Posted by FakeMythology (43 posts) -

Well why does there have to be a war over it? Personally I am going with an Xbox One why you may ask? simple I have had an Xbox, Xbox 360 and a PS2 personally I have always liked the Xbox controllers better. But lets be honest, there are so many factors going into why people buy the console they buy can we really just break it down into who had more exclusives? Why can't we just prefer the system we prefer and enjoy the fact that we all like video games? Also I am attempting to start a blog/community to discuss our community if this interests you please follow me.

#25 Posted by lostrib (42737 posts) -

@FakeMythology: ...because this is system wars

#26 Edited by Grey_Eyed_Elf (4102 posts) -

@D4RKL1NG said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Note on last generation:

The only 'Sheen' is that thing on your chin

#27 Posted by hoosier7 (3976 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker: You do realise you're being just as hypocritical as the fanboys you go on about. I remember you staunchly defending library size, XBLA and the PC-360 multiplats as major pluses for the 360 last gen whilst defending it's lack of exclusives.

So i don't get your point unless it's to prove that everyone here is hypocritical including yourself.

#28 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5602 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

Thats only because you played many of the games already on pc for your video series, stuff like outlast and don't starve. There are multiplats available to play too, just because they are not exclusives doesn't mean they don't exist. I purchased AC4, Theif and Battlefield 4 for my ps4, instead of pc... I don't go saying those games don't exist on the PC. It's where I choose to buy those games as I wanted to play them on my new console and prefer the dual shock controls for most of those games. I still game on my pc though, but i choose different style games to play there, Argps, rts, turn based strategy, indie rpgs, etc..

#29 Posted by tormentos (20166 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Note on last generation:

Just like the xbox got 967 when the PS2 got 3870....

But back then lemming didn't care about more games right.?

Wow you are deeply hurt that the PS4 is beating the crap out of the xbox one,you loss sales,you loss graphics and now you are losing at games to,no wonder you rarely come out of your cave..lol

@lostrib said:

@FakeMythology: ...because this is system wars

Weren't you asking me for proof that the PS4 had more games out.? hahahaha told you so lol...

#30 Posted by indigenous_euphoria (189 posts) -

No good one's...

#31 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

My thoughts? I think that TLHBO as usual.

#32 Posted by sts106mat (20419 posts) -

@juarbles said:

My thoughts? you are kuraimen and dont have a PS4

#34 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

@sts106mat: your butthurt is duly noted.

#35 Posted by MonsieurX (31674 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@juarbles said:

The 2nd part is quite clear

#37 Edited by sts106mat (20419 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@sts106mat said:

@juarbles said:

The 2nd part is quite clear

The first part is 100% fact, it is him guaranteed. a bandodging, butthurt, library going, youtube watching, none ps4 owning, moronic little cretin..hahaha

#38 Posted by KittenNose (676 posts) -

Um, PC has like twenty thousand plus games, the best multiples, the best resolution and frame rate, the most indy games, the most free to play games, and so on and so forth. If you are not going to argue the quality of exclusives as the main feature of consoles, then PC slams both, and you all are fighting over a distant second place. Quality exclusives are the only possible pro-console argument.

So seriously, who care who has the most announced games? One console has Titanfall, the other has Infamous. So far that is kind of all there is that could possibly put one or the other in first place.

#39 Posted by RR360DD (13045 posts) -

Indiestation 4 living up to its name.

#40 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

No one but hardcore lems on SW believes that the Xbone has more games to play than the PS4. It's just a myth lems here fabricated to make themselves feel better about PS4 knocking the F out of Xbone. In the real world everyone knows PS4 has more games and it's cheaper hence the reason PS4 is decimating the competition.

Sony has more them having indie games versus MS having not released one yet. Problem is 80% of PS4 indie games are already available on PC. The Sony has no games thing comes from alot of Sony fans who want more next gen core titles them people who don't care for the system. And decimating is a stretch. The PS4 is doing very well, but the One is likely at 4 million without a worldwide price drop. I see that happening sooner rather than later. But knocking MS out the box after 4 months, no that's the fantasy land Cows live in. Both consoles are doing well, with one doing better in the PS4.

#41 Posted by StormyJoe (6539 posts) -

@Kevlar101: Quality over quantity. Currently, one of the top 3 PS4 games is an arcade title...

#42 Posted by Bishop1310 (1203 posts) -

Tell that to my PS4 that sits under my tv collecting dust.. There's a big difference between having a huge library and a library of games worth playing.

#43 Edited by super600 (31091 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

The problem with the PS4's current lineup is the lack of impressive or actually fun exclusives.I can list at least two exclusives or multiplats(i.e Titanfall) I would want to play on the xbox one.I could only list one for the PS4 and that game comes out soon.Knack and killzone both appeal to a limted amount of people.Even though a lot of the indie games may be good most people want to buy a console like the PS4 for games that impress them like a game from one of sony's great first party studios and a lot of these indie games have released on other platforms. The only things that are really helping the PS4 from being knocked into irrelevancy is what sony's hopes and dreams for the platform, the console's hardware(better looking multiplat games), the price and etc.The exclusive games are not really helping the PS4 because all the big exclusives are bad or unimpressive. Infamous second son may change that.I could technically play a lot of the multiplats released for the PS4 also on my 360 if I wanted to since a lot of them don't really benefit from the better hardware in that console.That's why you see people complaining about the PS4's current lineup.

#44 Posted by shellcase86 (2077 posts) -

@blamix99 said:

everybody knows this already..

Pretty much. We're just all eager for the big boys like Infamous.

#45 Posted by arkephonic (6679 posts) -

I'm a smart consumer and I picked the ps4 over the Xbone. Not only that, I don't even plan on buying an Xbone. The next game related system I buy will be a new PC but my current PC is a beast. Wii u and ps4 for me this gen console wise. Xbox One is a piece of shit.

#46 Edited by bobbetybob (19297 posts) -
@seanmcloughlin said:

Because you have a PC and that's the exact reason I'm hesitant to pick up a PS4 or Xbone. Of those 55 games released on PS4 there's what, 4 or 5 I can't play on PC or haven't already been released on PS3/Vita.

#47 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8990 posts) -

@Kevlar101 said:

List of Playstation 4 games, upcoming and released.

There are currently 207 games on this list (15 of which have been confirmed as free-to-play).

Exclusive = 27 (1 of these are free-to-play)
Sony Exclusive = 17
Console exclusive and/or timed = 49 (7 of these are free-to-play)
Multiplatform = 109 (1 of these is free-to-play)
Playable = 55 available to purchase (8 of these are exclusive to PS4)

List of Xbox One games, upcoming and released.

There are currently 123 games on this list.

Exclusive = 17
Microsoft exclusive = 7
Console exclusive or timed = 5/3
Multiplatform = 89
Playable = 35 available to purchase (9 of these are exclusive to Xbox One)

So. About 200 PS4 games, 55 of which are released.

About 120 Xbox One games, 35 which are released.

And you Xbox fanboys say that Xbox One is better because it actually has games and the PS4 has waaay less games? The facts are here. PS4 has more games, both upcoming and released.

Thoughts?

You are missing one very large point. 98% of the PS4 games are garbage. Just sayin.

#48 Edited by blamix99 (2575 posts) -

@arkephonic said:

I'm a smart consumer and I picked the ps4 over the Xbone. Not only that, I don't even plan on buying an Xbone. The next game related system I buy will be a new PC but my current PC is a beast. Wii u and ps4 for me this gen console wise. Xbox One is a piece of shit.

yeahh there's nothing on the X1 that interest me either, even if the price was the other way around. i will still get the PS4 cause it's more powerful and has the best library. superior multiplats too, i got a beast PC,PS4 and im planning to get a WiiU when MarioKart 8 comes out at may

#49 Posted by nyzma23 (984 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

#50 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@super600: that's all your opinion though. The multiplats and exclusives are fun to me and a lot of people. The only game worth mentioning on Xbone right now is Titanfall and my PC can run it at a lot better than an Xbone can. It's all preference and right now a lot of people prefer what PS4 is offering and that's why it's selling so well. I see mostly lems bashing the PS4's lineup, I don't get where all this "PS4 haz no games" bullshit is coming from. If the PS4 has no games then neither does the Xbone since it has even less games than the PS4 lol.