ps4 has Asynchronous Fine-Grain Compute GPU

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for lglz1337
#1 Posted by lglz1337 (4798 posts) -

and xbone has not!

with this ps4 is future proof and Xbone is not!

which means ps4 can do things Xbone can only dream of!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/01/ps4s-asynchronous-fine-grain-compute-gpu-what-the-heck-can-it-do/

Avatar image for Evo_nine
#2 Edited by Evo_nine (2155 posts) -

So why cant it do 1080p 60fps??

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
#3 Posted by R3FURBISHED (11281 posts) -

@lglz1337: Why did you create a thread about an article that was posted on July 1, 2013?!

Avatar image for lglz1337
#4 Posted by lglz1337 (4798 posts) -

@Evo_nine: because no dev is using it yet ?

Avatar image for lglz1337
#5 Posted by lglz1337 (4798 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED: and why does it matter ?

Avatar image for Evo_nine
#6 Posted by Evo_nine (2155 posts) -

@lglz1337:

Because cinematic?

Avatar image for adders99
#7 Posted by adders99 (2623 posts) -

oh no! this means I must sell my xbox one if you say its not future proof... I guess I am going to have to miss out on all the awesome games coming out on the xbox one in the future...

Avatar image for Krelian-co
#8 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

So why cant it do 1080p 60fps??

any why xbone can't do 900p and 30 fps? auch

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
#9 Posted by R3FURBISHED (11281 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

@R3FURBISHED: and why does it matter ?

Including or excluding the fact that this article is over eight months old?

Avatar image for TheTruthIsREAL
#10 Edited by TheTruthIsREAL (808 posts) -

@Evo_nine: any console can do 1080p 60fps but PS4 does it with less compromise (;

Avatar image for HalcyonScarlet
#11 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (7055 posts) -

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@Evo_nine: any console can do 1080p 60fps but PS4 does it with less compromise (;

Less compromise? None of the current gen consoles seem to be able to pull off good graphics at 60fps. Brand new consoles after 8 years and the graphics mostly look like shit.

Avatar image for MBirdy88
#12 Posted by MBirdy88 (10589 posts) -


Stop trying to pretend you understand what it means and how big of an effect it will have. just stop.

Avatar image for Evo_nine
#13 Posted by Evo_nine (2155 posts) -

@Krelian-co:

Im not the one here boasting how the ps4 is a supercomputer.

Im fully aware of what consoles are capsble of and if you want graphics, 1080p and 60fps, go buy a pc.

Avatar image for TheTruthIsREAL
#15 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (808 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet: what does that have to do with my post?

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#16 Edited by ronvalencia (18359 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

and xbone has not!

with this ps4 is future proof and Xbone is not!

which means ps4 can do things Xbone can only dream of!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/01/ps4s-asynchronous-fine-grain-compute-gpu-what-the-heck-can-it-do/

AMD Radeon HD R9-290 has 8 ACE units and it was released a few months ahead of PS4.

AMD Temash SoC's IGP has 4 ACE units and it was released a few months ahead of PS4.

--------------

Havok physics running PS4's GPU.

Loading Video...

--------------

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/11/5091726/amd-to-release-tressfx-2-0-animates-grass-and-fur

AMD TressFX 2.0 supports hair, grass and fur GPU physics.

http://www.dsogaming.com/interstitial.php?oldurl=http://www.dsogaming.com/news/thief-will-officially-support-amds-mantle-tressfx-2-0-announced/

SE's Thief 2014 officially supports AMD’s Mantle, TressFX 2.0 and TrueAudio.

--------------

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7513/ps4-spec-update-audio-dsp-is-based-on-amds-trueaudio

PS4 spec update audio DSP is based on AMD's TrueAudio. Sony has hidden PS4's TrueAudio details after the R9-290/R9-290X's release.

Avatar image for silversix_
#17 Posted by silversix_ (21810 posts) -

Xbox One has a potato inside the box

@ronvalencia said:

@lglz1337 said:

and xbone has not!

with this ps4 is future proof and Xbone is not!

which means ps4 can do things Xbone can only dream of!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/01/ps4s-asynchronous-fine-grain-compute-gpu-what-the-heck-can-it-do/

AMD Radeon HD R9-290 has 8 ACE units and it was released a few months ahead of PS4.

AMD Temash SoC's IGP has 4 ACE units and it was released a few months ahead of PS4.

--------------

Havok physics running PS4's GPU.

Loading Video...

--------------

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/11/5091726/amd-to-release-tressfx-2-0-animates-grass-and-fur

AMD TressFX 2.0 supports hair, grass and fur GPU physics.

http://www.dsogaming.com/interstitial.php?oldurl=http://www.dsogaming.com/news/thief-will-officially-support-amds-mantle-tressfx-2-0-announced/

SE's Thief 2014 officially supports AMD’s Mantle, TressFX 2.0 and TruAudio.

you're annoying with links in every post you make

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#18 Edited by ronvalencia (18359 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Xbox One has a potato inside the box

@ronvalencia said:

@lglz1337 said:

and xbone has not!

with this ps4 is future proof and Xbone is not!

which means ps4 can do things Xbone can only dream of!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/01/ps4s-asynchronous-fine-grain-compute-gpu-what-the-heck-can-it-do/

AMD Radeon HD R9-290 has 8 ACE units and it was released a few months ahead of PS4.

AMD Temash SoC's IGP has 4 ACE units and it was released a few months ahead of PS4.

--------------

Havok physics running PS4's GPU.

--------------

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/11/5091726/amd-to-release-tressfx-2-0-animates-grass-and-fur

AMD TressFX 2.0 supports hair, grass and fur GPU physics.

http://www.dsogaming.com/interstitial.php?oldurl=http://www.dsogaming.com/news/thief-will-officially-support-amds-mantle-tressfx-2-0-announced/

SE's Thief 2014 officially supports AMD’s Mantle, TressFX 2.0 and TruAudio.

you're annoying with links in every post you make

LOL I'm not going to standby while articles like http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/01/ps4s-asynchronous-fine-grain-compute-gpu-what-the-heck-can-it-do/ has badly researched physics information.

Your sloppy arguments are annoying.

Avatar image for silversix_
#19 Edited by silversix_ (21810 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

@silversix_ said:

Xbox One has a potato inside the box

@ronvalencia said:

@lglz1337 said:

and xbone has not!

with this ps4 is future proof and Xbone is not!

which means ps4 can do things Xbone can only dream of!

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/01/ps4s-asynchronous-fine-grain-compute-gpu-what-the-heck-can-it-do/

AMD Radeon HD R9-290 has 8 ACE units and it was released a few months ahead of PS4.

AMD Temash SoC's IGP has 4 ACE units and it was released a few months ahead of PS4.

--------------

Havok physics running PS4's GPU.

--------------

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/11/5091726/amd-to-release-tressfx-2-0-animates-grass-and-fur

AMD TressFX 2.0 supports hair, grass and fur GPU physics.

http://www.dsogaming.com/interstitial.php?oldurl=http://www.dsogaming.com/news/thief-will-officially-support-amds-mantle-tressfx-2-0-announced/

SE's Thief 2014 officially supports AMD’s Mantle, TressFX 2.0 and TruAudio.

you're annoying with links in every post you make

LOL I'm not going to standby while articles like http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/01/ps4s-asynchronous-fine-grain-compute-gpu-what-the-heck-can-it-do/ has badly researched physics information.

Your sloppy arguments are annoying.

and you quote me with a link... one question, do you fap to links?

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#20 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

The Order 1886 800p 30fps. Dat power!

Avatar image for HalcyonScarlet
#21 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (7055 posts) -
@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@HalcyonScarlet: what does that have to do with my post?

People are fighting over it and making out 1080p 60fps is a big deal on consoles, I'm saying, yeah the PS4 can do it better, but it's harldy worth celebrating.

While it wasn't directly what you were saying, I was rolling off your point on to another.

Avatar image for Bishop1310
#22 Posted by Bishop1310 (1258 posts) -

@lglz1337: lol..... sigh

Avatar image for Krelian-co
#23 Edited by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

The Order 1886 800p 30fps. Dat power!

1920 * 800 is not 800p, try to hide that ignorance a bit.

Avatar image for tormentos
#24 Edited by tormentos (23633 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

So why cant it do 1080p 60fps??

Isn't ghost 60 FPS 1080p.?

Tomb Raider also hit 60 FPS 1080p and average 50.

Also its launch GPU compute will not kick in until the 2nd or 3rd years,it takes time like everything.

Don't troll about dropped frames Ghost now on xbox drops to mid 35 and s 720p blame who you want but that is a fact,ad Tomb Raider show the biggest gap yet between the 2 consoles.

@Krelian-co said:

@Evo_nine said:

So why cant it do 1080p 60fps??

any why xbone can't do 900p and 30 fps? auch

It can't do 720p at 30FPS DR3 @16 FPS..lol

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@Evo_nine: any console can do 1080p 60fps but PS4 does it with less compromise (;

Less compromise? None of the current gen consoles seem to be able to pull off good graphics at 60fps. Brand new consoles after 8 years and the graphics mostly look like shit.

Yes less compromise dude dude only 1 game on PS4 is 900p and the game is heavily demanding and is 720p 10 FPS slower at the same time on xbox one.

On xbox one many games aren't 1080p,many are 720p several other 900p,and those that do 1080p had to compromise frames,quality and effects to achieve it.

@ronvalencia said:

AMD Radeon HD R9-290 has 8 ACE units and it was released a few months ahead of PS4.

AMD Temash SoC's IGP has 4 ACE units and it was released a few months ahead of PS4.

--------------

Havok physics running PS4's GPU.

--------------

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/11/5091726/amd-to-release-tressfx-2-0-animates-grass-and-fur

AMD TressFX 2.0 supports hair, grass and fur GPU physics.

http://www.dsogaming.com/interstitial.php?oldurl=http://www.dsogaming.com/news/thief-will-officially-support-amds-mantle-tressfx-2-0-announced/

SE's Thief 2014 officially supports AMD’s Mantle, TressFX 2.0 and TrueAudio.

--------------

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7513/ps4-spec-update-audio-dsp-is-based-on-amds-trueaudio

PS4 spec update audio DSP is based on AMD's TrueAudio. Sony has hidden PS4's TrueAudio details after the R9-290/R9-290X's release.

And once again a thread is made about the PS4 and xbox one and you come to the rescue of the xbox one using your PC who the fu** cares about your PC Ron,PC and consoles are different markets some one who is going to buy a PS4 or an xbox one will not chose a PC or care for it,it will pick one of the 2 consoles.

By the way that R290 cost as much as a PS4 and is a damn card alone you still need a PC to put it,oh by the way you do know that AMD decided to put 8 aces and 64 commands on the R290 because of the PS4 right.? It was a PS4 customization that AMD saw that work,and they implemented it on the R290 is the reason for the drastic increase.

So something good AMD most have see about it,and the xbox one doesn't have it..

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#25 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

@Krelian-co: ignorance is bliss. Name that movie.

Avatar image for Krelian-co
#26 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Krelian-co: ignorance is bliss. Name that movie.

but stupidity is not, and you have a lot of it.

Avatar image for tormentos
#27 Posted by tormentos (23633 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

LOL I'm not going to standby while articles like http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07/01/ps4s-asynchronous-fine-grain-compute-gpu-what-the-heck-can-it-do/ has badly researched physics information.

Your sloppy arguments are annoying.

Instead of damage controlling with your PC,maybe you will like to prove to use what MS can do to match the PS4 compute refinement,sony will use loss cycles and power that basically go waste in normal GPU to compute how is that bad in any way,so basically sony was shooting to take advantage of every bit of power the GPU had to offer,something that wasn't done to the xbox one.

So tell me Ron what MS can do to make the xbox one perform the same.?

@FoxbatAlpha said:

The Order 1886 800p 30fps. Dat power!

Yeah and that same game on xbox one with 4XMSAA will run at 960x544 hahaha like Alan wake does on 360..

Avatar image for Sushiglutton
#28 Posted by Sushiglutton (6486 posts) -

The finest machine ever constrcuted!

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#29 Posted by MonsieurX (34731 posts) -

So,can you tell how it works exactly OP?

Avatar image for lglz1337
#30 Edited by lglz1337 (4798 posts) -

@ronvalencia: the reason that you counter attack with pc crap instead of your beloved Xbone you defend all this time should say enough.. your weaksauce xbone console is no competition vs ps4!

thank you for this confirmation also a bummer i expected Xbone graphs ron not pc

Avatar image for misterpmedia
#31 Posted by misterpmedia (5914 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Krelian-co: ignorance is bliss. Name that movie.

cypher is that you?

Avatar image for HalcyonScarlet
#32 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (7055 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@Evo_nine: any console can do 1080p 60fps but PS4 does it with less compromise (;

Less compromise? None of the current gen consoles seem to be able to pull off good graphics at 60fps. Brand new consoles after 8 years and the graphics mostly look like shit.

Yes less compromise dude dude only 1 game on PS4 is 900p and the game is heavily demanding and is 720p 10 FPS slower at the same time on xbox one.

On xbox one many games aren't 1080p,many are 720p several other 900p,and those that do 1080p had to compromise frames,quality and effects to achieve it.

And? The games still look like shit. Why can't the almighty PS4 pull off good looking games at 1080p 60fps?

Any half decent looking game is 30fps on either console.

I have yet to be impressed by either consoles graphics. Are you guys so sucked in by hardware specs? 'YEAH GDDR5, YEAH LOOK AT THESE TEH GPU SPECS'. I want to know from both MS and Sony what the **** have they been doing, this isn't good enough after 8 years. Games look slightly better at best. It's a joke.

Cows were ripping on the hermits last gen, 'haha look at how powerful your computer is and the games barely look better [than PS3]'. It's the same situation now with current gen consoles. They look the same with maybe better textures and resolution.

I don't know about you guys, but alarm bells were ringing when I heard 'APU'. The **** kind of dedicated gaming machines are using APUs.

Avatar image for NFJSupreme
#33 Edited by NFJSupreme (6115 posts) -

Ps4 is a lot of things, future proof is not one of them

Avatar image for Kinthalis
#34 Edited by Kinthalis (5500 posts) -

I don't see why Xbone couldn't leverage it's GPU's compute for tasks other than 3D rendering related ones.

It wouldn't be as optimized a pathway as on the PS4 or on a modern PC with a modern API, but it could be done.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#35 Posted by freedomfreak (48078 posts) -

'Asynchronous Fine-Grain Compute GPU'

Should just refer to it as the "chick magnet".

Avatar image for tormentos
#36 Edited by tormentos (23633 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet said:

And? The games still look like shit. Why can't the almighty PS4 pull off good looking games at 1080p 60fps?

Any half decent looking game is 30fps on either console.

I have yet to be impressed by either consoles graphics. Are you guys so sucked in by hardware specs? 'YEAH GDDR5, YEAH LOOK AT THESE TEH GPU SPECS'. I want to know from both MS and Sony what the **** have they been doing, this isn't good enough after 8 years. Games look slightly better at best. It's a joke.

Cows were ripping on the hermits last gen, 'haha look at how powerful your computer is and the games barely look better [than PS3]'. It's the same situation now with current gen consoles. They look the same with maybe better textures and resolution.

I don't know about you guys, but alarm bells were ringing when I heard 'APU'. The **** kind of dedicated gaming machines are using APUs.

For the same reason even the Titan can't in some games all GPU have a limit all do even top of the line ones.

I find funny that you have been cheering for the xbox one for months and all of the sudden you hide on PC,you lemming are pathetic..

You are a freaking blind moron if you actually believe that Ryse or Killzone SF look barely better than a 360,game stop your damn meltdown,PC is better we all know that it also cost more and don't have restriction on power consumption like consoles,have there are new regulations by stated that demand the console to be low power,not only that they have to also keep it that way to save in future reductions.

on 2005 such regulations weren't there and the top of the line GPU was $500+ not $1,000 or close.

@NFJSupreme said:

Ps4 is a lot of things, future proof is not one of them

But then again what is.? The 7800GTX was top of the line once,so was the xbox 360 GPU,The titan is not future proof neither the R290 they are great NOW 8 years from now they would be as obsolete as the xbox 360 and PS3 were on 2013...

@Kinthalis said:

I don't see why Xbone couldn't leverage it's GPU's compute for tasks other than 3D rendering related ones.

It wouldn't be as optimized a pathway as on the PS4 or on a modern PC with a modern API, but it could be done.

The way current compute works you has to stop graphics to run compute,the PS4 has some customization that allow for both to run parallel without 1 hurting the other,is the wain difference the xbox can do compute,hell 10% of the GPU was reserve for kinect compute,but that off limits to the game developers,running compute will have a cost on graphics on xbox one.

Avatar image for FoxbatAlpha
#37 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (10669 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Krelian-co: ignorance is bliss. Name that movie.

cypher is that you?

Ding, Ding, Ding!!!!!!

Avatar image for Heil68
#38 Posted by Heil68 (55438 posts) -

Normally, a GPU is used to execute graphics commands rendering what we see on our screen, while compute commands, that normally simulate the world around us, drive the artificial intelligence and prompt the software to react to our actions, are handled by the CPU.

The GPU of the PS4 has been optimized to break that barrier, thanks to the shared memory pool and to a secondary bus that allows it to read and write directly from and to the system memory. The number of compute commands that the architecture can queue has also been dramatically increased (to 64) in order to run a relatively large number of small programs simultaneously or almost (fine-grain).

awww yeahhhhh

Breaking barriers since the reveal, SONY and the most powerful video game console ever, the PS4.

Avatar image for _Matt_
#39 Posted by _Matt_ (10021 posts) -

@adders99 said:

oh no! this means I must sell my xbox one if you say its not future proof... I guess I am going to have to miss out on all the awesome games coming out on the xbox one in the future...

But how can they be awesome without the fine-grain compute? D:

Avatar image for AM-Gamer
#40 Posted by AM-Gamer (7991 posts) -

@Evo_nine: The ps 4 does most the time, why can't a lot of pc's run game with high quality assets at 1080p 60fps?

Avatar image for edwardecl
#41 Posted by edwardecl (2241 posts) -

This is very interesting because no other computer system that I'm aware of other than the upcoming AMD APU systems with GDDR5 can do this.

Don't think multiplats will ever use this feature to it's highest potential, the game would have to be written from the ground up to use it properly. People saying shit about why can't it do 1080p @60FPS... that is getting old and is not what this optimisation is about.

Having the GPU and CPU being able to write to the same pieces of ram at the same time could do stuff nobody has thought of. Not just compute can be done there, although that is the intention. What I haven't see much of yet is procedurally generated textures, this could make the game worlds look more unique and having both the GPU and CPU working together to make these up on the fly could be quite fun.

Avatar image for Kinthalis
#42 Edited by Kinthalis (5500 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@Kinthalis said:

I don't see why Xbone couldn't leverage it's GPU's compute for tasks other than 3D rendering related ones.

It wouldn't be as optimized a pathway as on the PS4 or on a modern PC with a modern API, but it could be done.

The way current compute works you has to stop graphics to run compute,the PS4 has some customization that allow for both to run parallel without 1 hurting the other,is the wain difference the xbox can do compute,hell 10% of the GPU was reserve for kinect compute,but that off limits to the game developers,running compute will have a cost on graphics on xbox one.

@Heil68 said:

Normally, a GPU is used to execute graphics commands rendering what we see on our screen, while compute commands, that normally simulate the world around us, drive the artificial intelligence and prompt the software to react to our actions, are handled by the CPU.

The GPU of the PS4 has been optimized to break that barrier, thanks to the shared memory pool and to a secondary bus that allows it to read and write directly from and to the system memory. The number of compute commands that the architecture can queue has also been dramatically increased (to 64) in order to run a relatively large number of small programs simultaneously or almost (fine-grain).

awww yeahhhhh

Breaking barriers since the reveal, SONY and the most powerful video game console ever, the PS4.

This is a driver/API limitaiton. Not a hardware one. On PC with DX 11.1 you do have to queue up compute tasks, but with lower access that limitaiton goes away on PC with extensions/mantle.

I also don't see why you couldn't do it on the Xbone. Again, there isn't as much compute resources available on the Xbone, and thanks to slower memory, it's not goign to perform as well as the PS4/PC. But that doesn't mean it's not possible.

Avatar image for tormentos
#43 Posted by tormentos (23633 posts) -

@Kinthalis said:

This is a driver/API limitaiton. Not a hardware one. On PC with DX 11.1 you do have to queue up compute tasks, but with lower access that limitaiton goes away on PC with extensions/mantle.

I also don't see why you couldn't do it on the Xbone. Again, there isn't as much compute resources available on the Xbone, and thanks to slower memory, it's not goign to perform as well as the PS4/PC. But that doesn't mean it's not possible.

No it not a driver limitation is a hardware one,have you see that the R290 has 8 aces and 64 commands.? Yeah that was pull from the PS4,when sony was making R&D with the AMD they found a way to exploit both it better,is the reason why the PS4 has a volatile bit,just like 8 Aces and 64 commands,the xbox one GPU doesn't have that nor any GCN but the PS4,the R290 does have it odd isn't.?

Avatar image for Chutebox
#44 Posted by Chutebox (40538 posts) -

Neither console is future proof

Avatar image for HalcyonScarlet
#45 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (7055 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

And? The games still look like shit. Why can't the almighty PS4 pull off good looking games at 1080p 60fps?

Any half decent looking game is 30fps on either console.

I have yet to be impressed by either consoles graphics. Are you guys so sucked in by hardware specs? 'YEAH GDDR5, YEAH LOOK AT THESE TEH GPU SPECS'. I want to know from both MS and Sony what the **** have they been doing, this isn't good enough after 8 years. Games look slightly better at best. It's a joke.

Cows were ripping on the hermits last gen, 'haha look at how powerful your computer is and the games barely look better [than PS3]'. It's the same situation now with current gen consoles. They look the same with maybe better textures and resolution.

I don't know about you guys, but alarm bells were ringing when I heard 'APU'. The **** kind of dedicated gaming machines are using APUs.

For the same reason even the Titan can't in some games all GPU have a limit all do even top of the line ones.

I find funny that you have been cheering for the xbox one for months and all of the sudden you hide on PC,you lemming are pathetic..

You are a freaking blind moron if you actually believe that Ryse or Killzone SF look barely better than a 360,game stop your damn meltdown,PC is better we all know that it also cost more and don't have restriction on power consumption like consoles,have there are new regulations by stated that demand the console to be low power,not only that they have to also keep it that way to save in future reductions.

on 2005 such regulations weren't there and the top of the line GPU was $500+ not $1,000 or close.

Pay attention to the details. I was never impressed by the graphics and I never hid that. The X1 has more gameplay possibilities, that's why I chose it over the PS4, because I knew how shitty the graphics on both consoles were looking. And I don't give a damn about regulations, that's their problem. If this gen is supposed to last more than 5 years it's going to be a long ass gen.

I'm not blind, you just have low standards. Just because I don't eat hype like you do. For "next gen" I expected a lot better than Ryse and Killzone. I expected those to be the basics, not pushing the consoles. Yeah those games a better than last gen, but the fact that those games are probably showing how good it's going to get is disgusting.

We went from Xbox (the first Xbox) graphics to Xbox 360 graphics, the best on Xbox to Gears of War, that was incredible. The jump from X360/PS3 to the current gen is tiny in comparison. And you're impressed with that? And any games that do start to show a little potential are 30fps lol. and this is what you spend all day arguing over. lol you cows are a joke.