PS4 getting over 100 games this year

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

100 games incoming

So where are the detractors now? I said the games would be coming. I said that gloating was short term wishful thinking, and here's the proof. PS4 is about to get far more games than any of us are going to buy. And this is just year one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

99% of which will be on my pc.

which release 86 games on steam this month alone.

you see why, from outsides, how this is not that impressive?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

From the average consumer view, who probably never thinks about gaming on PC, that's an impressive list of games they can purchase on their PS4. :)

The option is there.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Like 80% of that are indie garbage

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

And only 5 of them will likely be worth playing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

PC getting over 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 games this year.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Tons of multiplats and indies

top kek

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

BFD. You game on a computer. Not everyone does. I always find it stupid that just because something is on another medium that should somehow make it less important. It doesn't. People buy the console of their choice to play games. Who gives a damn if someone else is playing it on a different system.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

More games than ever. SONY. PS4. Good time to be a gamer.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

I'm not going to hate on PC, because i own one, but really there isn't much out there with the graphics of the PS4 to be fair and half the stuff what comes out on steam is garbage, I mean half the early access stuff are PS1 graphics.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

If there are 100 games and 99% will be on your PC that mean 99 games will be on your PC,just from the top of my head Infamous,MLB,The Order and Driveclub aren't on PC or will not be,so no..

Yeah compare steam which has years running with a damn console that has 3 months on the market,this is how sad you are..

Why don't you bring games also release since 1995 on PC into the equation while your are it,now the real question is which of those 86 games is even relevant,hell when was the last time PC got something ground breaking or that made strides,last i remember it was Half Life2..

Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#13 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

I wonder how many of them are good games.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The Wii U had more than 100 games in its first year, too.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@MBirdy88 said:

BFD. You game on a computer. Not everyone does. I always find it stupid that just because something is on another medium that should somehow make it less important. It doesn't. People buy the console of their choice to play games. Who gives a damn if someone else is playing it on a different system.

System wars does. And probably if it's on PC it will be better than the PS4 version

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib

Look like indie games, and I'm told those are all crap/garbage

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@lostrib said:

You were told? lol

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lostrib

@misterpmedia said:

@lostrib said:

You were told? lol

Yes, on system wars, all indie games suck except the ones that come to consoles

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#19 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I'm right here, and I'll repeat myself from the other thread:

• Most of those games are also available on at least one other platform
  • A large majority of those is indie games- not something you spend $400 on a system for
  • Where are the exclusives? Where are Sony's first party games? What are Sony's internal studios doing? Ordinarily, a slow transition by Sony from its last console to its next one is to be expected, but given the turbulence surrounding Sony's internal studios as of right now, what with all the layoffs and departures, the lack of any concrete release dates or even announcements regarding Sony's own first party is highly worrying and indicative of a less than firm commitment with regards to the platform.
Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

There's 21 games there I wanna cop. This year is gonna be killer. Why can't I hold all these games?

@charizard1605 said:

• Where are the exclusives? Where are Sony's first party games? What are Sony's internal studios doing? Ordinarily, a slow transition by Sony from its last console to its next one is to be expected, but given the turbulence surrounding Sony's internal studios as of right now, what with all the layoffs and departures, the lack of any concrete release dates or even announcements regarding Sony's own first party is highly worrying and indicative of a less than firm commitment with regards to the platform.

Can say the exact same thing for the Xbone. Where are the games? What are the studios doing?

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

• A large majority of those is indie games- not something you spend $400 on a system for

/thread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@GrenadeLauncher said:

There's 21 games there I wanna cop. This year is gonna be killer. Why can't I hold all these games?

@charizard1605 said:

Can say the exact same thing for the Xbone. Where are the games? What are the studios doing?

I do, although with the Xbox One, we have more concrete announced exclusives funded or internally developed by Microsoft- Halo, Gears of War, Fable Legends, Quantum Break, D4, Sunset Overdrive. For Sony, we actually only know The Order and DriveClub, and heaven knows where DriveClub is now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@MBirdy88 said:

System wars does. And probably if it's on PC it will be better than the PS4 version

This. We dont all only choose one system. the fact that what I said and what lostrib said is true.... whats appealing about it for us?

same with xbox mind.

Regardless, I got my PS4 today.... mostly going to be a paperweight in comparison to my PC.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lostrib

@MBirdy88 said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@MBirdy88 said:

This. We dont all only choose one system. the fact that what I said and what lostrib said is true.... whats appealing about it for us?

same with xbox mind.

Regardless, I got my PS4 today.... mostly going to be a paperweight in comparison to my PC.

Just for Infamous SS I take it ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@lostrib said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@MBirdy88 said:

same with xbox mind.

Just for Infamous SS I take it ?

I got that bundle yea, the only one I could get my works discount off (They forbid it on non-inbox bundle offers, for whatever stupid reason). just to build up some freebies until the summer I guess.

I nearly went with Xbox ... it was a tough decision (only really due to friends, titanfall ... and having nice media features) but just couldn't justify it in the long term, might get one when its cheaper

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Heil68

@charizard1605 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@charizard1605 said:

I do, although with the Xbox One, we have more concrete announced exclusives funded or internally developed by Microsoft- Halo, Gears of War, Fable Legends, Quantum Break, D4, Sunset Overdrive. For Sony, we actually only know The Order and DriveClub, and heaven knows where DriveClub is now.

Yup, you're right, SONY is going to drop support for the PS4 since it's selling so well. I wouldn't expect any exclusives from here on out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Heil68 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@charizard1605 said:

Yup, you're right, SONY is going to drop support for the PS4 since it's selling so well. I wouldn't expect any exclusives from here on out.

I never said that, did I? Please don't put words in my mouth lol.

I said the lack of exclusives announced from Sony currently for the platform is worrying, more so in the context of the game cancellations and layoffs currently going on. Sony's first party exclusives will inevitably come, they always do unless you're unlucky enough to own one of their handhelds, but all this internal turbulence might delay them- meaning the PS4 probably won't exactly be worth owning unless you want to play multiplats and don't want to assemble your own PC for a while now.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Heil68

@charizard1605 said:

@Heil68 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@charizard1605 said:

I said the lack of exclusives announced from Sony currently for the platform is worrying, more so in the context of the game cancellations and layoffs currently going on. Sony's first party exclusives will inevitably come, they always do unless you're unlucky enough to own one of their handhelds, but all this internal turbulence might delay them- meaning the PS4 probably won't exactly be worth owning unless you want to play multiplats and don't want to assemble your own PC for a while now.

Yes, you did

"highly worrying and indicative of a less than firm commitment with regards to the platform."

Yes, I'm WORRIED TOO. But that't ok, dont bother with the worlds most powerful video game console to have ever been created and current sales leader PS4 because it wont have games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Heil68 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Heil68 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@charizard1605 said:

Yes, you did

"highly worrying and indicative of a less than firm commitment with regards to the platform."

Yes, I'm WORRIED TOO. But that't ok, dont bother with the worlds most powerful video game console to have ever been created and current sales leader PS4 because it wont have games.

In the current context, Heil. I keep saying that, I am talking about the situation as it currently stands.

As I have already said, multiple times, not just in this thread, but in so many other threads, over the last few days: I have no doubts that the PS4 will be the best console to own this gen, as every PlayStation has been since the PS2. I have no doubts Sony will come through, especially given their consoles are a slow burn. If I had to have just one console this generation, it would be PS4. But as it stands right now, there is no reason to purchase PS4, and unlike other Sony consoles which catch on after a year or so, it looks like the PS4 will take longer to be a worthwhile purchase.

Avatar image for deactivated-5851fca92f6f5
deactivated-5851fca92f6f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-5851fca92f6f5
Member since 2010 • 100 Posts

Perhaps they are waiting until E3 to show off their exclusive games? It would make sense because whats the point of turning up if you have already showed what you got before E3? I know it's a few months off but maybe that's what they're aiming for.

Greatness (A)waits and all that you know.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Where is Final Fantasy XV?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@tormentos said:

@MBirdy88 said:

If there are 100 games and 99% will be on your PC that mean 99 games will be on your PC,just from the top of my head Infamous,MLB,The Order and Driveclub aren't on PC or will not be,so no..

Yeah compare steam which has years running with a damn console that has 3 months on the market,this is how sad you are..

Why don't you bring games also release since 1995 on PC into the equation while your are it,now the real question is which of those 86 games is even relevant,hell when was the last time PC got something ground breaking or that made strides,last i remember it was Half Life2..

I'm just going to pretend I didn't read any of that.... the level of stupid.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Oh wow. 100 games in a year.

Is that number supposed to be impressive?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@treedoor said:

To be fair, it would have been last gen, when indie games weren't as prevalent. It really isn't impressive anymore, though. People constantly bash Nintendo for having no support, but even the Wii U had more than 100 games in its first year.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

100 games incoming

So where are the detractors now? I said the games would be coming. I said that gloating was short term wishful thinking, and here's the proof. PS4 is about to get far more games than any of us are going to buy. And this is just year one.

I'll believe it when they actually have comfirmed release dates. Anyone who has been playing games since the PS1 was around knows that Sony always shows a large list of games at the start of the launch. Then that list continuely whittles down as time goes on. Looking at most of these games, at least 1/2 of them are Indie games. There will be delays and several cancellation before the end of the year. I would say, keep this list saved somewhere and then go back to it on Jan 1st 2015 and see how many of these games actually got released in 2014.

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 iloveatlus
Member since 2009 • 599 Posts

How many are indie games and Multiplatform?

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

State of Sony's internals and general outlook for PS4 short term -

Keep in mind what Sony's internals delivered in 2013 - God of War , MLB The Show , The Last of Us , Killzone Shadow Fall , Puppeteer / Knack , Gran Turismo 6 , The Playroom , DC Universe , Tearaway , Killzone Mercenary ...... and Xdev and Japan Studio assisted on games.

-

• Evolution = Driveclub - (2014)
  • San Diego = MLB The Show 14 - (2014) - PS3/Vita versions am cry
  • Naughty Dog = Uncharted - (2015)

-

• Guerrilla Games = Killzone SF content + new IP - (holiday 2015 , maybe 2016)
  • Sucker Punch = inFAMOUS SS content + next game - (2016)
  • Polyphony - GT6 content + GT7 Prologue at least - (when God-Kaz makes it so)

-

• Sony Bend - a PS4 game - (2015 , possibly)
  • Media Molecule - a PS4 game - (holiday 2015 , maybe 2016)
  • Santa Monica - assisting on 2nd parties + a PS4 game - (2016)

-

• Japan Studio = ?
  • Guerrilla Cambridge = Killzone SF maps , and then ?
  • Sony London = The Playroom content? , and then ? Casual / camera / VR ?

-

• SOE = Planetside 2 - (2014)
  • XDev = assisting 2nd parties

Sony has and will have their partners - Ready at Dawn (2014) , Quantic Dream (2016?) , and more to come !

Even some "natural" 3rd party Japanese exclusives will pop up from time to time.

• Vita = Japan Studio and some other smatterings = DEAD Platform
  • VR = Good luck Sony !

I'm guessing Sony will announce Sony Bend's game at E3 at least if it wasn't cancelled or going through development hell , and hopefully the ultimate fate of The Last Guardian can finally be put to rest by then.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

@MonsieurX: Why on earth would I care whether they are multiplats? A good game is a good game. Nobody cares whether the game is on one console or the two main ones plus PC, the fact is, it's there to play. When you're playing through it, does it bother you that its on a different console? If you answer yes, you're doing it wrong.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Who wants to bet that 90% of those are indie games you can play almost anywhere

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@treedoor said:

To be fair, it would have been last gen, when indie games weren't as prevalent. It really isn't impressive anymore, though. People constantly bash Nintendo for having no support, but even the Wii U had more than 100 games in its first year.

Think about what you just said.

"it would have been.....when indie games weren't as prevalent"

"even the Wii U had more than 100 games in its first year"

100 games in a year on the fastest-selling console............ This can not be good No

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41  Edited By Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@charizard1605 said:

I do, although with the Xbox One, we have more concrete announced exclusives funded or internally developed by Microsoft- Halo(No release Date), Gears of War(No release Date), Fable Legends(lol), Quantum Break(No release Date), D4(No release Date), Sunset Overdrive(No Release Date). For Sony, we actually only know The Order(Releasing this year) and DriveClub(releasing this Year), and heaven knows where DriveClub is now.

Fixed

Plus also forgot to mention Uncharted, FFXV, and many more.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

That's a pretty low number actually, considering that not every game from that list is worth getting.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Solid_Max13 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@charizard1605 said:

I do, although with the Xbox One, we have more concrete announced exclusives funded or internally developed by Microsoft- Halo(No release Date), Gears of War(No release Date), Fable Legends(lol), Quantum Break(No release Date), D4(No release Date), Sunset Overdrive(No Release Date). For Sony, we actually only know The Order(Releasing this year) and DriveClub(releasing this Year), and heaven knows where DriveClub is now.

Fixed

Sure, Uncharted is another PS4 game I forgot about.

FFXV is also on Xbox One, I'm not sure what your point is.

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Heil68 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Heil68 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@charizard1605 said:

Yes, you did

In the current context, Heil. I keep saying that, I am talking about the situation as it currently stands.

As I have already said, multiple times, not just in this thread, but in so many other threads, over the last few days: I have no doubts that the PS4 will be the best console to own this gen, as every PlayStation has been since the PS2. I have no doubts Sony will come through, especially given their consoles are a slow burn. If I had to have just one console this generation, it would be PS4. But as it stands right now, there is no reason to purchase PS4, and unlike other Sony consoles which catch on after a year or so, it looks like the PS4 will take longer to be a worthwhile purchase.

@charizard1605 I understand where you are coming from and I think we really got spoiled last gen with all the exclusives Sony kept putting out but no one bought them and I think this gen they want to play things a little safer. It's also still really early so........

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45  Edited By Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@charizard1605 said:

Fixed

Sure, Uncharted is another PS4 game I forgot about.

FFXV is also on Xbox One, I'm not sure what your point is.

Ah my bad then! Well pretty much it's equal no other release dates for Xbone but DriveClub and Order are releasing this year but I think this years E3 for both MS and Sony will be amazing! then we can gloat about games.

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts

last gen lems: **who cares about GOTY awards and exclusives ..it's all about multiplat games**

xbox lose to ps4 in sales and multiplat games and will lose soon in exclusives as well just like every gen

this gen lems: "where is the exclusives?..ps4 have no games...exclusives matter again"....(and they said the same thing with ps3 and turn out to have the best exclusives and the most awarded games in history)

lems always love to jump the gun early

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

Where else have I heard this?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LJS9502_basic

@charizard1605 said:

No one is going to buy any console....nor a gaming PC for only one game. You look at the overall library of games available....whether they are available elsewhere is not material per se. It's kind of a stupid point actually. Yes....I can get some games for my console elsewhere....but if I were buying only one platform I'd want the one that has more options....but not just a game here and there. For instance the Wii U doesn't get most of the multi plats...so unless I want a companion console to play Nintendo games....it's not going to interest me. The games there aren't available for PC, or Sony, or Microsoft. That does not make it more appealing necessarily.

As an aside LOL at the user that call you unbiased.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LJS9502_basic

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@MBirdy88 said:

I guess that's as good as reason for some of the stupid I see here....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@slaves said:

@charizard1605 I understand where you are coming from and I think we really got spoiled last gen with all the exclusives Sony kept putting out but no one bought them and I think this gen they want to play things a little safer. It's also still really early so........

I know- like I said in our earlier discussion, I am willing to wait till E3. I am just stating my doubts about the situation in the present moment of time, that is all.

@Solid_Max13 said:

Ah my bad then! Well pretty much it's equal no other release dates for Xbone but DriveClub and Order are releasing this year but I think this years E3 for both MS and Sony will be amazing! then we can gloat about games.

I'm sure Sony will have a lot of stuff. I am sure all the big three will have a lot of stuff, actually. It's just, the present situation worries me, and i know it's transient so it shouldn't matter, but I was just responding to the thread with my valid concerns. As I have noted repeatedly, I expect Sony to come through in the end though =)

@LJS9502_basic said:

No one is going to buy any console....nor a gaming PC for only one game. You look at the overall library of games available....whether they are available elsewhere is not material per se. It's kind of a stupid point actually. Yes....I can get some games for my console elsewhere....but if I were buying only one platform I'd want the one that has more options....but not just a game here and there. For instance the Wii U doesn't get most of the multi plats...so unless I want a companion console to play Nintendo games....it's not going to interest me. The games there aren't available for PC, or Sony, or Microsoft. That does not make it more appealing necessarily.

As an aside LOL at the user that call you unbiased.

Well, for starters, I have:

• Never said the Wii U is worth a purchase, and certainly not as a primary console
  • Repeatedly said that the console to purchase this generation is the PS4- if I were to buy one and only one, it would be the PS4
  • Spoken only from my perspective, which is- why am I spending $400 on the PS4 right now (or why should I), when it has no compelling content to offer me that I cannot get elsewhere? That is the only reason I would buy PS4, when it gave me something I knew my other machines couldn't.

Also to the point:

• Why bring up Nintendo or Wii U at all, really? Especially since it has nothing to do with the topic of discussion and I never brought it up myself either?

Finally:

• Go back, re-read my posts (including the one you quoted) in this thread, and in any other thread I have posted in over the last few days. Where have i exhibited any bias? Proof, or cut down with the ad hominem attacks, please. Thank you.