PS4 Getting Dynamic Themes in Firmware 2.0

• 51 results
#1 Edited by StrongDeadlift (5176 posts) -

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/09/01/ps4-update-2-0-will-bring-themes/ .

Neat. I hate that ugly blue screen.

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (41041 posts) -

#3 Posted by sailor232 (4835 posts) -

Thats really cool if happening. Adds so much more to the system, makes it way more fun to look at.

#4 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4522 posts) -

That's cool, I hope the X1 does too. Why is everything so black.

#5 Edited by Bigboi500 (30113 posts) -

Very nice. These dynamic themes put PS3's to shame.

#6 Posted by MBirdy88 (8336 posts) -

Cool cool.

Now where is my Skype?

#7 Posted by HitmanActual (393 posts) -

About...fucking...time.

#8 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1967 posts) -

sound effect too?

#9 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2931 posts) -

Do people really care so much for these things? I've never used the themes on my PS3 and it was perfectly fine.

Well, it doesn't hurt i guess.

#10 Posted by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

Yaaaaay!

Hopefully it will offer the same customisation options that the PS3 allowed.

#11 Posted by RR360DD (12002 posts) -

Glad to see Sony developing some worthwhile features that add value to the ps4 and not wasting their time with silly aesthetics...

#12 Posted by Blabadon (26678 posts) -

@RR360DD: Share Play bro

#13 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8228 posts) -

People care?

#15 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9874 posts) -

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

sound effect too?

the Ps3 had, i dont see why the PS4 wont either

#16 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9874 posts) -

@deadline-zero0 said:

Do people really care so much for these things? I've never used the themes on my PS3 and it was perfectly fine.

@speedfreak48t5p said:

People care?

yes... trust me.... fuck yeah they do. Maybe not as much for the dynamic themes, but for customizeable themes, fried maleria yes the do

#17 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8152 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p: sure why not? It certainly doesn't hurt anything at the least.

#18 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26597 posts) -

@deadline-zero0 said:

It adds a touch of personality to your UI. I dont like looking at a bland blue screen.

#19 Edited by hoosier7 (3846 posts) -

Any word on custom made themes? They were ridiculously expensive to make apparently so often devs didn't bother making them so customs is pretty important.

#20 Posted by Slimmin360 (1485 posts) -

@StrongDeadlift:

Yawn !!! Your kidding me right....OOOhhhh just great, wallpaper themes built into the consoles O.S. software, now they have even more useless crap on consoles to make them more like PC's.

Man i love my Wii-U !

#21 Edited by mems_1224 (47296 posts) -

about time they went back to copying MS. Sony knows where their bread is buttered.

#22 Posted by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

Will we be able to use custom ones? Those dynamic themes were expensive.

#23 Edited by WiiMan21 (8185 posts) -

Looking great, I had some amazing PS3 themes so I'm looking forward to the PS4 themes.

#24 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17983 posts) -

Vita will be getting themes too (for the other 2 people who own a Vita in this forum)

#25 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9874 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

about time they went back to copying MS. Sony knows where their bread is buttered.

#26 Posted by silversix_ (14819 posts) -
@RR360DD said:

Glad to see Sony developing some worthwhile features that add value to the ps4 and not wasting their time with silly aesthetics...

They're developing games. MS is developing ads. On topic all i can say is about fking time

#27 Edited by navyguy21 (12983 posts) -

Good, the blue was starting to make my eyes hurt.

#28 Posted by bbkkristian (14957 posts) -

Inb4 $5 themes.

Seriously though, Sony better let us be able to create our own themes like the ps3.

#29 Edited by MBirdy88 (8336 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

yea.... unlike microsoft that spent millions in time and investment on the metro u.i... which does less.

#30 Posted by parkurtommo (27263 posts) -

@deadline-zero0 said:

I actually bought dynamic themes for my ps3. I spent a lot of time looking for one that I would like. Eventually I just went with the Journey dynamic theme which I still have on there, it's definitely the best one available.

Dynamic themes are really "neat".

#31 Posted by RR360DD (12002 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@RR360DD said:

yea.... unlike microsoft that spent millions in time and investment on the metro u.i... which does less.

except it does more.

#32 Edited by SolidTy (43887 posts) -

I read about this a few weeks ago.

I'm glad it's coming.

#33 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Features the XB1 failed to launch with?

#34 Edited by KBFloYd (13850 posts) -

ps4 is saved!

#35 Posted by RR360DD (12002 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@RR360DD said:

Are we going to forget the plethora of features promised for the PS4 that it never launched with?

Glad Sony have their priorities in order...

#36 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5085 posts) -

why the fuck do u guys care so much about themes? i use default for my phones/tablets/pc/xbox whatever, it just a theme who gives a shit

#37 Posted by Spitfire-Six (523 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786: what are you communist ?

#38 Posted by mbrockway (3493 posts) -

I just want some wallpaper dangit. I am sick of the blue. Hopefully people can make their own.

#39 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -
@ghostwarrior786 said:

why the fuck do u guys care so much about themes? i use default for my phones/tablets/pc/xbox whatever, it just a theme who gives a shit

i agree. just keep it utilitarian. simple. classic.

in fact in windows 7 i change from the default theme to 'windows classic' because it is less distracting. i don't need the hoity toity bloody fancy scmancy bullshitty smellyness.

#40 Posted by Animal-Mother (26962 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@RR360DD said:

Are we going to forget the plethora of features promised for the PS4 that it never launched with?

Glad Sony have their priorities in order...

lol... So they're missing what suspend and resume? and MS had to play catch up to put basic general stuff in? Ok buddy.

#41 Posted by which_wich (197 posts) -

Holy shit! It's WeakLifeDrop! Forgot you existed.

#42 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@ghostwarrior786 said:

Agreed. I have the shitty ole blue windows background on Win 7. Themes are unimportant in the grand scheme of life.

#43 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@CrownKingArthur said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

i agree. just keep it utilitarian. simple. classic.

in fact in windows 7 i change from the default theme to 'windows classic' because it is less distracting. i don't need the hoity toity bloody fancy scmancy bullshitty smellyness.

Just keep that avatar forever lol.

#44 Edited by Nonstop-Madness (9486 posts) -

..... guess not. :(

#45 Posted by Basinboy (11248 posts) -

The devil is in the details. If custom walls aren't supported, Ima be mad.

#46 Posted by PSP107 (11957 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

ps4 is saved!

lol,to be fair, isn't PS4 around 10m sold?

#47 Posted by sailor232 (4835 posts) -

I'm amazed there hasn't been a "so their adding something that should had been there from the beginning" post........ooops.

#48 Posted by Ghost120x (3919 posts) -

Nice. I will probably buy one theme and never buy another because they will be overpriced. I just want to be able to use an image as a background, nothing fancy.

#49 Posted by foxhound_fox (88802 posts) -

How about that stuff Sony promised at launch? That still missing?

#50 Posted by lostrib (37804 posts) -

Yay, more shit that should have been there in the first place