PS4 for exclusives, X1 for multiplats - Pachter

This topic is locked from further discussion.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

“Yeah, I got schooled on Twitter by Phil Spencer because I said that I thought Sony’s lineup was really impressive, and I’m not sure that they’re all coming out this year, but they announced six of them at that PlayStation Experience back in December and I’m pretty sure four of them are coming out this year. But they announced a bunch of big titles, and some of them we already knew about, like The Order. But Phil shot back on Twitter saying I don’t know the Microsoft lineup, and theirs is quite comparable and quite competitive, so I have a feeling we’re going to get some announcements, perhaps as early as GDC, because Phil is doing the keynote at GDC, so I think that would be a good time for him to announce something. And I’m positive that by E3, they’ll announce something.

That’s what’s kind of cool about being a gamer right now is that, these guys want your business so badly that they’re going to keep coming up with cool stuff. Right now, I think you’re better off buying a PS4 if you care about these exclusive titles. If you care about the non-exclusive titles, you’re better off buying an Xbox One because it’s cheaper.”

Read more: http://wccftech.com/ps4-console-exclusive-games-michael-pachter/#ixzz3VlgjzUZy

Oh Pachter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Your title makes it sound like he is saying that xbox one performs better on multi-platform titles, while he is saying that you should buy it because it's cheaper, and multi-platform titles look the same.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

This guy has the best job ever!

Guess stuff and earn money! say random things and earn money! speak inaccurate things and earn money!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45049 Posts

Pretty obvious he has a boner for Microsoft.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@FastRobby said:

Your title makes it sound like he is saying that xbox one performs better on multi-platform titles, while he is saying that you should buy it because it's cheaper, and multi-platform titles look the same.

uh no

900p > 720p

1080p > 900p

50% better gpu > 50% worse gpu

50 dollars pear year < 60 dollars per year

rechargeable batteries > regular batteries

headphone jack > no headphone jack

linux > windows 8 phone tablet os

oh patcher how much did phil spencer an microsoft pay you to hype buying multiplats for bone? was it 20k or what plz patcher plz your not a gamer u dont even know the damn scene gtfo patcher why would someone buy a worse multiplat if they had both or whatever

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I do the exact opposite, actually due to performance upgrades on PS4 and the fact the PS4 simply has far more multiplats both at retail and DD.

Honestly though, that makes no sense since the PS4 has like 80+ more multiplats than the Xbone.

http://www.listwar.com/released-games/

Total games library:

260 PS4 games to 179 Xbone games (81 game deficit and growing)

----

I remember when it was 50+ more PS4 games, then 60+ games, then 70+ games. Now it's 80+ games more on PS4 than Xbone. These machines are the same age, but clearly this divide is widening, not shrinking. If you like multiplats, that's one thing the PS4 does well with regards to library and performance.

It's obvious IF YOU HAVE BOTH to me and are a collector like me: Xbone for exclusives, PS4 for multiplats and exclusives.

My Wii U is for exclusives, My various PCs are for exclusives and super cheap multiplats. I would be full on PC for performance and multiplats if not for the DRM issue as a collector (value collecting/renting/lending/borrowing/trading/buying/selling/etc). I don't blame a PC gamer who looks past DRM to avoid the PS4/Xbone/Wii U until those machines have exclusives they want.

The only thing Pachter got right is the Xbone is cheaper by $50...which we already knew. You get less games, lower performance, but you save $50, and you get access to M$'s stable of 1st party games. That's why I have an Xbone, for the exclusives.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@SolidTy said:

I do the exact opposite, actually due to performance upgrades on PS4.

Xbone for exclusives, PS4 for multiplats and exclusives.

Wii U for exclusives, PC for exclusives and super cheap multiplats.

there is a lot of multiplats you that perform better on pc tho

like did you see the dying light comparisson of low settings on pc compared to the ps4 version?

the trees an grass looked completely diff one looked alive and sexy the other look really bad (ps4) version

plus you can just plug in a controller to play it like your playing on a console and the only thing thats diff is the graphics are better an plug the pc into ur tv or whatever just for better graphics an frames

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I don't know if thats exactly true.

The PS4 might not be putting out 1080p 60fps with 8xAA or something....but it's still a little better than the X1 with many games.

In regards to that....I guess it just depends on if you want games to look a little better and run a little better....or you don't care.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

lol Pachter

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@ProtossX said:

@SolidTy said:

I do the exact opposite, actually due to performance upgrades on PS4 and the fact the PS4 simply has far more multiplats both at retail and DD.

Honestly though, that makes no sense since the PS4 has like 80+ more multiplats than the Xbone.

http://www.listwar.com/released-games/

Total games library:

260 PS4 games to 179 Xbone games (81 game deficit and growing)

----

I remember when it was 50+ more PS4 games, then 60+ games, then 70+ games. Now it's 80+ games more on PS4 than Xbone. These machines are the same age, but clearly this divide is widening, not shrinking. If you like multiplats, that's one thing the PS4 does well with regards to library and performance.

It's obvious IF YOU HAVE BOTH to me and are a collector like me: Xbone for exclusives, PS4 for multiplats and exclusives.

My Wii U is for exclusives, My various PCs are for exclusives and super cheap multiplats. I would be full on PC for performance and multiplats if not for the DRM issue as a collector (value collecting/renting/lending/borrowing/trading/buying/selling/etc). I don't blame a PC gamer who looks past DRM to avoid the PS4/Xbone/Wii U until those machines have exclusives they want.

The only thing Pachter got right is the Xbone is cheaper by $50...which we already knew. You get less games, lower performance, but you save $50, and you get access to M$'s stable of 1st party games. That's why I have an Xbone, for the exclusives.

there is a lot of multiplats you that perform better on pc tho

like did you see the dying light comparisson of low settings on pc compared to the ps4 version?

the trees an grass looked completely diff one looked alive and sexy the other look really bad (ps4) version

plus you can just plug in a controller to play it like your playing on a console and the only thing thats diff is the graphics are better an plug the pc into ur tv or whatever just for better graphics an frames

I covered that already. I'm a value game collector and gaming historian.

PC is the best performance IF you can get over the DRM that prevents(value collecting/renting/lending/borrowing/trading/buying/selling/etc). Some people have no issues with digital everything, but I avoid digital UNLESS that's the only way to get the game. As I said, I buy plenty of PC games, BUT if there is a retail console version, I would opt for that as a COLLECTOR that prefers avoiding internet DRM hoops and DRM which prevent value collecting/renting/lending/borrowing/trading/buying/selling/etc. I'm not interested in some of those slighted DD DRM compromise options, but ALL OF the options I listed above. While some PC services offer some compromises like GOG or Steam, it's not enough to me.

I have multiple PC's and I'm well aware of the differences for over a decade. I don't need to read about new games like Dying Light to know what I've learned many years ago. That's for younger people that are still learning that PC is the best, BUT there is a trade off with ownership rights. One day consoles may go full digital, but until then as a collector I'm not going to Primarily support the DD initiative, especially when these companies save money on printing a disc, printing a case, paper manual, paying shipping, and paying the retailer middle men a cut and still have the nerve to charge full retail. Thankfully there are sales, and I pick up PC multiplats I may have on console for PC at that time, for super cheap.

Anyways, you missed the main point of my post and this thread. This is a Xbone vs. PS4 lolPachter thread and in that regard hiding behind the PC won't help. Performance the PS4 bests the Xbone, just as the 360 bested the PS3 back in the day (there were exceptions as their always will be, but for the most part...). Add in the PS has more multiplat 3rd party support with regards to games and performance over the Xbone and:

lolpachter.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#11 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

The irony.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#12 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

A console for multiplats, lol what a laugh.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Wait his shitty "opionion" matters?

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

He just says things randomly. Is he even paid to do his job correctly?

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

Getting paid to be wrong sounds fun. This entire forum is smarter than this guy. 99% of the gaming community including all the casuals are smarter than this guy.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#16 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14413 Posts

Irony is the Xbone is killing the PS4 in quality big AAA exclusives at the moment. PS4 has bloodbourne and........................... *crickets*

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

PS4 for SP games, X1 for online multiplayer games.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

I agree but for different reasons.

Multiplats on XOne because of the better controller and better online. Also the crappy PS4 UI puts me off gaming on it.

PS4 (just like the PS3) is for exclusives only. Too bad I'm still waiting for a reason to turn it on, and with Uncharted 4's delay Sony need to step their game up.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Considering x1 not all that much cheaper, you might as well just get a PS4 for both

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

"I'm pretty sure they'll announce something by E3". Patcher

This guy is a complete jackass.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Irony is the Xbone is killing the PS4 in quality big AAA exclusives at the moment. PS4 has bloodbourne and........................... *crickets*

They were at one time, but then they started porting all of their exclusives to PC.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

There's only one explanation but it's too early for April Fool's Day.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Remember when mods would lock or force change the title of thread when it was misleading?

Mods let everything slide these days.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

Remember when mods would lock or force change the title of thread when it was misleading?

are u serious?

Our own mods troll as much as we do if not more often when u look at post count........

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Pachter is sort of an idiot. it's been proven time and time again.

The Bone and the PS4 are pretty much the same for multi-plats. The 50% more powa, and the Super GDDR5 wonder RAM aren't making much of a difference in multi-plats.

Exclusives are of course exclusive, so they can only be played on their respective consoles. So buy the console you want, for the exclusives you want to play. Or just do the smart thing and just eventually buy all three consoles and enjoy playing all of the games.

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

<b>nope ps4 is for exclusives n multiplats n xbone is for pizza hut apps n kidtendo is for kids n gran gran pc is for mmo n homework. if ur a treal too real gamer the ps4 is the only system u need I should know because I own both n tried all n ps4 got the most games look at xbone vs ps4 aka listwars. ima bring up listwars when ppl talk about xbone but not bring it up when they talk pc n kidtendo becoz the brilliant creators of listwars only use xbone vs ps4 n I like bringing listwars to system wars even if listwars uses ps3 vita n pc games as ps4 exclusives n is just xbone vs ps4. the ps4 will always win becoz Sony are by gamers for gamers for treal gamers with the most n best games just check listwars or just ask around anyone will tell u the ps4 is the best because it was all planned Sony Wins Another Master Plan SWAMP!!!</b>

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27  Edited By Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I would reverse the advice from Pachter. Xbox one for exclusives and PS4 for exclusives and Multiplatform games. While Xbox one is cheaper to buy in the beginning. $350 VS $400. Xbox one is best for "Only on Xbox" games. While PS4 has both "Only for PlayStation" and multiplats are better on PS4. I have both Xbox one and PS4 and this is what I do.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

The good ole days are gone forever.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@clyde46 said:

so I have a feeling we’re going to get some announcements, perhaps as early as GDC, because Phil is doing the keynote at GDC, so I think that would be a good time for him to announce something. And I’m positive that by E3, they’ll announce something.

Bwahahahahaha

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

In b4 Patcher !

Edit :

To late :(

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

I'm playing mulit's on my PS4 this gen.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@FastRobby said:

That's what you inferred. The title in no way shape or form implies that. He simply said that you should get it for multiplats.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Not at all, he gets it wrong a lot but he isn't biased, he has given plenty of doom and gloom predictions about the Xbox in the Past. I would personally agree with him, PS4 for Exclusives because it just has more variety an, lets face it, the Xbone doesn't even have exclusive really because 90% of them are shared with other systems.

The Xbone for Multiplats because it's cheaper and XBL is just a more stable and streamlined Online gaming experience and the differences between multiplats on the two are not that huge.

Problem is that can be easily Replicated on the PC, the Xbone is a virtually useless console if you own a gaming rig and you are not fussed about Halo/gears/forza whereas a Ps4 is still worth owning even if you have a super dooper Rig.