PS4 exclusive Project Beast vs XBONE COD timed-exclusive DLC

Posted by -Damien- (5355 posts) 1 year, 19 days ago

Poll: PS4 exclusive Project Beast vs XBONE COD timed-exclusive DLC (79 votes)

PS4 exclusive Project Beast (From Soft/Sony Studio Japan) 78%
XBONE COD:Advanced Warfare 30-days exclusive DLC 22%

Which yesterday surprise news are you more excited about?

Please vote thanks

#1 Edited by freedomfreak (43444 posts) -

One's a rumor and one's COD DLC.

I'll take a bullet to the head.

#2 Posted by lundy86_4 (44311 posts) -

A bit of a slanted topic... Still, it would be Project Beast.

#3 Posted by casharmy (6704 posts) -

lol, I like where this is going

#4 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (9481 posts) -

Lunch with SNIPER >>>>>>>>> Both of those.

#5 Edited by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

Exclusive game by the makers of Demon souls, or cod dlc?..... let me consult my 8ball/s

I'll take the game that has the potential to be the goty over a pack of guns/maps for an avarage game.

You'd have to be a massive lem, or lulu, but we can forgive lulu, he/she doesn't know better.

#6 Posted by Couth_ (10324 posts) -

It depends if it's DAY ONE DLC that's already on the disc so it doesn't actually have to be downloaded

#7 Posted by lostrib (42725 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

One's a rumor and one's COD DLC.

I'll take a bullet to the head.

#8 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Lunch with SNIPER >>>>>>>>> Both of those.

Jokes on you. Sniper doesn't eat. It's too mainstream.

#9 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9481 posts) -

@lbjkurono23 said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Lunch with SNIPER >>>>>>>>> Both of those.

Jokes on you. Sniper doesn't eat. It's too mainstream.

How silly of me.

#10 Posted by misterpmedia (4468 posts) -

PB

#11 Posted by kinectthedots (2669 posts) -

To be fair lems has the third rate, dirty bastard, ophened step child developer Insomniac that Sony used to work before cutting their ties for not making the grade making Sunset overdrive for the bone. This is seemingly one of the xbones heavy hitters and lemmings suddenly think Insomniac are an amazing developer now lol.

#12 Posted by lostrib (42725 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

To be fair lems has the third rate, dirty bastard, ophened step child developer Insomniac that Sony used to work before cutting their ties for not making the grade making Sunset overdrive for the bone. This is seemingly one of the xbones heavy hitters and lemmings suddenly think Insomniac are an amazing developer now lol.

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel

#14 Posted by ominous_titan (814 posts) -

This is the first ps4 announcement I've been excited about.

#15 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3800 posts) -

Why would I want shitty overpriced DLC?

#16 Edited by Spitfire-Six (692 posts) -

Doesn't Destiny have PS4 exclusive content?

#17 Edited by Indicud (745 posts) -

Lems will call bias!

But to be completely objective...... It's not.

#18 Posted by silversix_ (16142 posts) -

DUDE you're getting 50cent voicing AC130 calls for 1 freaking month!!! nothing beat this shit.

#19 Posted by Heil68 (47171 posts) -

Project Beast because COD is at best a rental for SP campaign.

#20 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (1132 posts) -

Beast will blow us away.

We'll finally get our true successor to Demon's Souls.

#ThankYouSony

#21 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

cod dlc

#22 Edited by Krelian-co (13060 posts) -

@Indicud said:

Lems will call bias!

But to be completely objective...... It's not.

oh yeah because it's totally fair to compare a game from the souls franchise to a dlc of a game everyone is bored of after 10 years.

#23 Posted by lamprey263 (25570 posts) -

well, it kinds of goes without saying an entire game beats DLC, the X1 will have other exclusives though to make a better whatever vs whatever threads, we can get the whip cracking on this after E3

#24 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10844 posts) -

@spitfire-six said:

Doesn't Destiny have PS4 exclusive content?

From what I've read it will be more or less what the Xbox receives with Call of Duty titles.

#25 Posted by handssss (1898 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@spitfire-six said:

Doesn't Destiny have PS4 exclusive content?

From what I've read it will be more or less what the Xbox receives with Call of Duty titles.

that's map packs 1 month early, but that's not at all how it was marketed at the ps4 reveal, e3, and since then. The words used were "exclusive content". Now, we can all doubt it being anything but temporary exclusive content, but that's hardly the same as early maps that are guaranteed to be going everywhere else 30 days later.

#26 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11645 posts) -

This is just dumb, why compare a rumored game with a timed DLC announcement?

#27 Edited by Cloud_imperium (6201 posts) -

You are terrible at making threads .

Rumored game VS COD DLC .? Seriously .? Is that the best you can do .?

#28 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (5227 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

To be fair lems has the third rate, dirty bastard, ophened step child developer Insomniac that Sony used to work before cutting their ties for not making the grade making Sunset overdrive for the bone. This is seemingly one of the xbones heavy hitters and lemmings suddenly think Insomniac are an amazing developer now lol.

Just like the cows suddenly think Bungie is any good when let's be honest, they peaked at Halo 3 and they just can't perform anymore. Now cows are like 'yeah... Destiny, go Team, WOOOO, yeahh'.

#29 Edited by melonfarmerz (1283 posts) -

OP knows everyone here hates COD. Therefore OP knows everyone will vote for Project Beast. The poll compares two things that have nothing in common at all and is a thinly veiled bash thread. Why isn't it locked?

If there was no bashing intent, this thread makes no fucking sense lol

#30 Edited by iloveatlus (459 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

To be fair lems has the third rate, dirty bastard, ophened step child developer Insomniac that Sony used to work before cutting their ties for not making the grade making Sunset overdrive for the bone. This is seemingly one of the xbones heavy hitters and lemmings suddenly think Insomniac are an amazing developer now lol.

Fanboys will be fanboys. Any developer that makes an exclusive to their console is automatically an amazing game developer to them. If a game developers goes to making multiplatform, they're no longer amazing and deserve the hype and attention.

Look at Bungie for example, the mastermind behind Halo, why aren't lemmings blowing up system wars with Bungie and Destiny topics?

They only thing lemmings have been talking about lately is Cloud, Esram, and DX12. I guess sales and games no longer matter now.

#32 Posted by handssss (1898 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@kinectthedots said:

To be fair lems has the third rate, dirty bastard, ophened step child developer Insomniac that Sony used to work before cutting their ties for not making the grade making Sunset overdrive for the bone. This is seemingly one of the xbones heavy hitters and lemmings suddenly think Insomniac are an amazing developer now lol.

Just like the cows suddenly think Bungie is any good when let's be honest, they peaked at Halo 3 and they just can't perform anymore. Now cows are like 'yeah... Destiny, go Team, WOOOO, yeahh'.

this is based off of reach being underwhelming and second hand opinions from an unfinished game. bungie left reach pretty shortly after it came out so I'd really credit 343i for most of Halo going downhill

#33 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (5227 posts) -

@handssss said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@kinectthedots said:

To be fair lems has the third rate, dirty bastard, ophened step child developer Insomniac that Sony used to work before cutting their ties for not making the grade making Sunset overdrive for the bone. This is seemingly one of the xbones heavy hitters and lemmings suddenly think Insomniac are an amazing developer now lol.

Just like the cows suddenly think Bungie is any good when let's be honest, they peaked at Halo 3 and they just can't perform anymore. Now cows are like 'yeah... Destiny, go Team, WOOOO, yeahh'.

this is based off of reach being underwhelming and second hand opinions from an unfinished game. bungie left reach pretty shortly after it came out so I'd really credit 343i for most of Halo going downhill

Reach was average and ODST was horrible. Halo 4 was 343s first attempt. If they fail the second attempt, then the opinion is justified.

#34 Posted by handssss (1898 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@handssss said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@kinectthedots said:

To be fair lems has the third rate, dirty bastard, ophened step child developer Insomniac that Sony used to work before cutting their ties for not making the grade making Sunset overdrive for the bone. This is seemingly one of the xbones heavy hitters and lemmings suddenly think Insomniac are an amazing developer now lol.

Just like the cows suddenly think Bungie is any good when let's be honest, they peaked at Halo 3 and they just can't perform anymore. Now cows are like 'yeah... Destiny, go Team, WOOOO, yeahh'.

this is based off of reach being underwhelming and second hand opinions from an unfinished game. bungie left reach pretty shortly after it came out so I'd really credit 343i for most of Halo going downhill

Reach was average and ODST was horrible. Halo 4 was 343s first attempt. If they fail the second attempt, then the opinion is justified.

ODST wasn't horrible at all. it was just overpriced DLC that Microsoft told Bungie to release as a full game, so they did. The 3 hour campaign and firefight mode were great for what they were.

Reach... I just hated how I liked many aspects more in the beta. Invasion was all I wanted to play, but they messed it up for the full release and because it needed its own maps, there was never enough variety.

#35 Edited by Scipio8 (804 posts) -

Going by Sony's recent track record of releasing lemons I'll go with COD DLC. The only decent exclusive games come out of NG but even they seem to by jumping the sinking ship

#36 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (18467 posts) -

Is System Wars getting Stupider ?

#37 Posted by misterpmedia (4468 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Is System Wars getting Stupider ?

the comment above yours suggests yes.

#38 Edited by hehe101 (637 posts) -

none they'll both be terrible

#39 Posted by tormentos (20166 posts) -

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Reach was average and ODST was horrible. Halo 4 was 343s first attempt. If they fail the second attempt, then the opinion is justified.

Reach was better than 3,and yes ODST sucked.

Halo 4 was a let down to,this isn't about 3 tries or 1,they are not bungie.

#40 Edited by stationplay_4 (444 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

Going by Sony's recent track record of releasing lemons I'll go with COD DLC. The only decent exclusive games come out of NG but even they seem to by jumping the sinking ship

u srs

#41 Posted by NFJSupreme (5405 posts) -

So we have come to this. Comparing dlc to a full game. System warriors sure do suck these days.

#42 Edited by magicalclick (23913 posts) -

Project Beast doesn't sounds like a shooter at all. O__o

#43 Edited by coasterguy65 (6270 posts) -

There isn't a "don't really care about either" choice so I will just abstain from voting.

#44 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (5227 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Reach was average and ODST was horrible. Halo 4 was 343s first attempt. If they fail the second attempt, then the opinion is justified.

Reach was better than 3,and yes ODST sucked.

Halo 4 was a let down to,this isn't about 3 tries or 1,they are not bungie.

Reach was no where NEAR as good as Halo 3. Bungie are well over-rated.

#45 Posted by tormentos (20166 posts) -

No it wasn't Halo 3 was more of the same,Halo Reach was more appealing,yeah i am sure now they are over rated after they are gone..

lol

What has 343 done.?

#46 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (5227 posts) -

@tormentos said:

No it wasn't Halo 3 was more of the same,Halo Reach was more appealing,yeah i am sure now they are over rated after they are gone..

lol

What has 343 done.?

Cows were saying Bungie were over-rated when they were 1st party and they changed their tune big time afterwards. lol And what the fuck has Bungie done? Two good Halo games (Halo 2 and Halo 3) in over 10 years.

Halo CE was a bit long and repetitive with replicated corridors, ai wasn't good and it was just more of a chore tbh. I always felt this.

Halo 2 had a forgettable story, but the gameplay and level design was much improved over CE.

Halo 3 was at it's peak in everything from story, level design, balance and fun factor.

ODST was pretty bad, because it was the same without the rechargeable shield and that was the game mechanic the rest revolves around, because without it, it just highlights the flaws in the rest of the gameplay and the level design isn't great either.

And Reach was honestly the first Halo game I pre-ordered and just shelved shortly after buying it. I literally only just got it out a couple of months ago when I started playing it co-op with someone, even then it was a bit boring compared to the co-op of Halo 3.

Reach is a co-op focused Halo, but it gets old fast, it's like you're traversing between multiplayer maps in single player mode it get's boring, it only gets a bit better when you're playing it co-op with someone, And WTF is it with the space battle level, what a load of crap. Halo 3 is so much more fun in both single player and co-op.

And why are we even talking about 343 anyway, that has absolutely nothing to do with my point. Bungie is over-rated to a serious scale and other developers HAVE nothing to do with that.

As far as I'm concerned Bungie have to prove themselves with destiny just as much as 343 with Halo 5. It doesn't matter if they once made a good game or two. So did Rareware, Team Ninja etc.

#47 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2723 posts) -

One is coming this year and one will come out 2015-2016. The Cows wait for greatness continues!!!

#48 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

Why why why the feckaroo do MS/Sony waste time with 1 month timed DLC? I cannot think of anything more pointless, miserable, pathetic and meagre in the console wars. Console X owners don't even benefit because they get it either way, it's only about shoving a middle finger into the faces of Console Y owners. "HAHAHA, you other console owners cannot play this small handful of maps populated by racist 11 year olds for an extra 30 days! HAHAHAHA! Yeah! Yeah, you take that. That'll show you..." http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131120001458/elderscrolls/images/f/f0/Facepalm.gif

#49 Edited by BattleSpectre (7232 posts) -

Hahahaha ok please, I've just lol'd hard in real life, yes r'l that's how serious this is. We're comparing a possible AAA game to a COD DLC? No wonder this world is doomed.

It's obvious Sony swaggers will support the exclusive, and Xbox One warriors who hate the PS4 will vote for the DLC.