PS4 dismantled (Get ready for nerdgasm)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -
#2 Posted by Snugenz (11818 posts) -

Needs more black PCB for the hidden sexyness.

#3 Posted by kuu2 (6970 posts) -

So do you have to unscrew the bottom to get to the HDD or can you just slide it out through the side?

#4 Posted by Snugenz (11818 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

So do you have to unscrew the bottom to get to the HDD or can you just slide it out through the side?

It's screwed in so you'll need to remove the outer casing.

#5 Posted by Heil68 (43473 posts) -

*whistles*

See ya next week baby.

#6 Edited by kuu2 (6970 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@kuu2 said:

So do you have to unscrew the bottom to get to the HDD or can you just slide it out through the side?

It's screwed in so you'll need to remove the outer casing.

Lotta work compared to the PS3. If you are going to make the HDD interchangeable why not make it easy?

I do like design of the PS4 I just hope it is more durable then most of their products. Sony is not know for their QC.

#7 Posted by AtariKidX (6211 posts) -

Perfect.......

#8 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2423 posts) -

Looks nice

#9 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3482 posts) -

I came.

#10 Edited by RossRichard (2338 posts) -

It's constructed very similarly to the PS3 superslim. Is it just me, or do you have to void your warranty to change out the hard drive? Sure hope not, but I guess it's better than locking you down like MS is doing.

#11 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

To everyone worried about hard drive removal, you don't have to dismantle the console to do it. Just remove the shiny plate on the console and it's there.

#12 Edited by Basinboy (11059 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Snugenz said:

@kuu2 said:

So do you have to unscrew the bottom to get to the HDD or can you just slide it out through the side?

It's screwed in so you'll need to remove the outer casing.

Lotta work compared to the PS3. If you are going to make the HDD interchangeable why not make it easy?

I do like design of the PS4 I just hope it is more durable then most of their products. Sony is not know for their QC.

The top part of the console shell (just above the blue light) detaches for quick access to the HDD slot. You don't have to unscrew the bottom and dismantle the thing to get to it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/18/new-photos-show-how-to-replace-the-ps4-hard-drive

#13 Posted by Snugenz (11818 posts) -

@Basinboy said:

@kuu2 said:

@Snugenz said:

@kuu2 said:

So do you have to unscrew the bottom to get to the HDD or can you just slide it out through the side?

It's screwed in so you'll need to remove the outer casing.

Lotta work compared to the PS3. If you are going to make the HDD interchangeable why not make it easy?

I do like design of the PS4 I just hope it is more durable then most of their products. Sony is not know for their QC.

The top part of the console shell (just above the blue light) detaches for quick access to the HDD slot. You don't have to unscrew the bottom and dismantle the thing to get to it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/18/new-photos-show-how-to-replace-the-ps4-hard-drive

Ah yeah you're right, now that i think back the screw was to detach the HDD cage.

#14 Edited by Chozofication (2764 posts) -

It's a perfectly engineered machine, no space is wasted.

Beautiful.

#15 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9515 posts) -

#16 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6067 posts) -

@Heil68: Please tell me you've used this as a pick up line.


I like the insides btw

#17 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

My body is ready for next week.

#18 Posted by clyde46 (45078 posts) -

Dat laptop cooling.

#19 Posted by aroxx_ab (9280 posts) -

It is more fun to watch day1 sledgehammer tests, shows the same thing in a better way:D

#20 Edited by Basinboy (11059 posts) -

@aroxx_ab
said:

It is more fun to watch day1 sledgehammer tests, shows the same thing in a better way:D

#21 Posted by adamosmaki (9451 posts) -

It looks like a well designed and easy to access laptop