PS4 didn't get good till last year

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Brah4ever
Member since 2016 • 1704 Posts

Yet they would have you believe games were always coming left and right.

2014/2015 were some of the were years in gaming EVER, remasters and indies were use to plump up the dreadful library. There was a reason we called it the "remaster gen".

Just now we start getting games on this thing and people are going nuts, hopefully this continues and doesn't fade.

Unfortunately for Xbox and Nintendo fans things never picked up =(

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#2 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

I don't know, I was happy with my PS4 in those years. Still happy. It's not like I bought it only to buy exclusives.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@brah4ever: I was playing games in 2014 / 2015 since we got games, unlike the ps4 and now we have enough multiplats.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Agreed.

I only buy exclusives for Playstation consoles and my PS4 collected a lot of dust in 2014 and 2015. The PS4 games that I've been waiting for are finally starting to come, but it definitely took a long time to get here. In retrospect, I wish that I would have waited until 2016 before buying my PS4.

I buy multiplats and play games with my friends online on Xbox One, so that has received regular weekly use since launch. And the Wii U received lots of great exclusives (except for last year), so I was always happy with it.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Eh, 2014 was certainly slow but there have been some gems I wouldn't want to go without. I think the OP is using the term "good" in relativity. It would be more accurate, in my opinion, to say that things have gotten much better in 2015 and 2016. 2017 is purely bonkers so far!

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Brah4ever

@commander said:

@brah4ever: I was playing games in 2014 / 2015 since we got games, unlike the ps4 and now we have enough multiplats.

Huh?

OhDatData

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OhDatData
Member since 2017 • 1 Posts

Nah. PS4 has not only slapped around Xbox all gen, but it's slapped the gen around as well and said, "You be mine."

Data don't lie.

Facts:

ps4 - 346 games with 132 in the green.

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/ps4/filtered?year_selected=2016&page=0

XboxOne - 196 games with 82 in the green.

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/xboxone/filtered

ps4 - 236 games with 103 in the green

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/ps4/filtered?year_selected=2015&page=0

XboxOne - 158 games with 67 in the green

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/xboxone/filtered?sort=desc&year_selected=2015&page=0

ps4 - 134 games with 67 in the green

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/ps4/filtered?year_selected=2014&page=0

XboxOne - 85 games with 41 in the green

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/xboxone/filtered?sort=desc&year_selected=2014&page=0

ps4 - 27 games with 14 in the green

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/ps4/filtered?year_selected=2013&page=0

XboxOne - 19 games with 8 in the green

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/xboxone/filtered?sort=desc&year_selected=2013&page=0

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Wasn't even good last year.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I was fine with that. It gave me time to rebuy my favorite PS3 games on PS4 so I could sell my PS3. Saves a lot of room.

There were also great new IPs and sequels that released such as Destiny, new AC games, Infamous, etc. There was plenty to play and tons more great games available during the first year alone than that of the PS3. First year of PS3 was crickets until the first Uncharted and Assassins Creed released.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Brah4ever

@jg4xchamp said:

Wasn't even good last year.

Compared to it's competition, it was.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Pretty much. The odd good game, but it took a while to pick up steam.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12  Edited By deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

I still don't find this current gen worth it regardless of the console and no I'm not a PC gamer

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Brah4ever

@da_illest101 said:

I still don't find this current gen worth it regardless of the console and no I'm not a PC gamer

It's one where you could skip and not miss much.

It's more evolutionary than revolutionary, the games kind of just look better but aren't doing anything the PS360 couldn't have done for the most part (not saying all, but most).

One could be perfectly fine with a PS360 and not move up.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#14 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Indie isn't a fucking genre, Jesus. Plus that as a derivative towards the system is ridiculous, good games are good games.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

The PS4 is not, was never, and will never be a good console. It's a piece of cheapo junk what fer sittin' along side my PC in the living room to play them exclusive games.

However it does have a few more good games than it used to.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

"PS4 didn't get good"

Should have stopped there. :P

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts

Last year? I'll say 2015

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Brah4ever

@pyro1245 said:

The PS4 is not, was never, and will never be a good console. It's a piece of cheapo junk what fer sittin' along side my PC in the living room to play them exclusive games.

If that's the PS4, what does that make the Xbox One?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pyro1245

@brah4ever said:
@pyro1245 said:

If that's the PS4, what does that make the Xbox One?

I've never used one, but I can only assume it's a cheapo piece of junk. You get what you pay for.

X1 isn't nearly as offending since it has no good games to hold hostage......

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I disagree. I have been enjoying this gen from the start.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Anyone who says "indie" like it's a dirty word really should be duct tape to a chair and forced to play Axiom Verge. That game is ridiculously good. As good as any $60 full release.

pug987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pug987
Member since 2005 • 460 Posts

Bloodborne came out in 2014 and Infamous Second Son in 2014 so it's not like it had no exclusives. True, I got mine as a companion to my PC earlier this year cause I felt it finally had enough exclusives to justify a purchase but if it's your main gaming machine there have been a lot of great third party titles as well: Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, Divinity: Original Sin, etc.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Anyone who says "indie" like it's a dirty word really should be duct tape to a chair and forced to play Axiom Verge. That game is ridiculously good. As good as any $60 full release.

Indeed. Axiom Verge and dozens of other brilliant ones. I honestly feel sorry for these kids who think that the budget of a game, or the fact is played in 2D, has anything to do with its quality. They miss alot of gems!

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I'm still awaiting for that greatness, my PS4 never actually collected dust, I did play but all I played and still play are multiplats, none of the exclusives released interest me even a little bit and from the future ones the only one that calls my attention is GOW.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pyro1245

@Shewgenja said:

Yep. One of many fantastic examples.

Just because you have a team of 50 people working on 3d models and textures doesn't mean a game will be good. It only means that if the core game isn't done well you end up with a shiny, expensive turd.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@pyro1245 said:
@Shewgenja said:

Just because you have a team of 50 people working on 3d models and textures doesn't mean a game will be good. It only means that if the core game isn't done well you end up with a shiny, expensive turd.

The irony is when people aren't trying to trash PC or PS on the basis of having lots of indies, people spend half their time on here complaining about Ubisoft, EA, Blizzard, SE, etc - claiming these companies put out trash. Except... if it's not from a big dev and pub like that then it's "indie trash". So... WTF. Which is it? Which one's the bad guy dev/publishing model? Someone tell me what to think quick! :-P

F&cking fake gamers can't find something somewhere to enjoy

*flips chair*

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 pyro1245

@xantufrog said:
@pyro1245 said:
@Shewgenja said:

The irony is when people aren't trying to trash PC or PS on the basis of having lots of indies, people spend half their time on here complaining about Ubisoft, EA, Blizzard, SE, etc - claiming these companies put out trash. Except... if it's not from a big dev and pub like that then it's "indie trash". So... WTF. Which is it? Which one's the bad guy dev/publishing model? Someone tell me what to think quick! :-P

*flips chair*

Hahah yep. I think the fact that these games from Ubi/EA/SE are so high budget is one of the issues. When you spend that much you want it to appeal to as many people as possible, which usually means it's not exactly what anyone wants.

Meanwhile a lot of these indie devs are just in it to make a good game.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Brah4ever

@pyro1245 said:
@Shewgenja said:

aaaand just because you have six dudes in their basement making a game doesn't mean the game won't be a turd either.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Brah4ever

@pyro1245 said:
@xantufrog said:
@pyro1245 said:
@Shewgenja said:

*flips chair*

Hahah yep. I think the fact that these games from Ubi/EA/SE are so high budget is one of the issues. When you spend that much you want it to appeal to as many people as possible, which usually means it's not exactly what anyone wants.

Meanwhile a lot of these indie devs are just in it to make a good game.

Bro, your favorite companies at one point were indie as well and they are as money hungry as ever.

Indie devs are in it to make a buck, just because they are "indie" does not mean I'm going to kiss their ass.

I love this whole "indies are the good guys thing" most of them can't even finish a game, check Steam. Once the early access buys die out they lose motivation to continue working on the game and then it gets abandoned.

Only thing they are good at completing are games that can run on my Gameboy Advance or SNES.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#30 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Still waiting for greatness. Besides Horizon UD nothing else interests me.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 pyro1245

@brah4ever said:
@pyro1245 said:
@Shewgenja said:

aaaand just because you have six dudes in their basement making a game doesn't mean the game won't be a turd either.

Yep it certainly goes both ways.

But I think there is some truth to the whole "games that try to appeal to everyone end up being great at nothing" idea. There are some great AAA titles, and a whole lot of mediocre AAA titles.

Games from small devs can be just as good or better than games made by large ones.

I'm not saying indies are good guys, I'm just saying people using indies as a negative is dumb.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

2014 was the worst year for gaming in my lifetime. 2015 wasn't bad. We did get Witcher 3 and Bloodborne which are 2 of the best games this gen.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#33 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I've always loved my PS4. Now I just love it more.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@brah4ever said:

Yet they would have you believe games were always coming left and right.

2014/2015 were some of the were years in gaming EVER, remasters and indies were use to plump up the dreadful library. There was a reason we called it the "remaster gen".

Just now we start getting games on this thing and people are going nuts, hopefully this continues and doesn't fade.

Unfortunately for Xbox and Nintendo fans things never picked up =(

Stop crying people.

SONY consoles always devilered and keep delivering great exclusives , either NEW AAA IPS or not. For the ones that end up being decent or crap ... well at least they trying ! Something that other companies dont even think to do.

Theres always something to play or look up to with PS4 and every PS system before it , 2014 and 2015 included.

Infamous second son released in 2014 and Bloodborne in 2015 for example aside everything else that supposed was good/decent/ bad. So its not people are going nuts for actually system getting games , are going nuts because what is happening is a rare thing. AAA after AAA after AAA that is.

Dont get confused.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#35 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Yeah, kinda. It was still alright until now, but now it's firing on all cylinders.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

I would settle for them just being duct taped to a chair and beat senseless but that's just me. Why do so called video game fans feel an irresistible urge to shit on all things video game related? It's a true mystery to me.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

PS4 had nothing of significance until Uncharted... Sony just hid it behind 3rd-party deals and indies. And even after that, they didn't have much until TLG (lol) in 2016. Xbox had the much better lineup over the 2016 holiday period, and previous holidays too really.

INB4 cow stampede.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

my PS4 hasn't been worth it until hopefully a few days form now when i can play horizon. I haven't found a single exclsuive on PS4 that i enjoyed to date

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Brah4ever

@hrt_rulz01 said:

PS4 had nothing of significance until Uncharted... Sony just hid it behind 3rd-party deals and indies. And even after that, they didn't have much until TLG (lol) in 2016. Xbox had the much better lineup over the 2016 holiday period, and previous holidays too really.

INB4 cow stampede.

They did?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts
@brah4ever said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

INB4 cow stampede.

They did?

I think so (btw, I started a little before the holiday period, but you get the idea)...

PS4 - The Last Guardian, No Man's Sky?

Xbox - Forza Horizon 3, Gears 4, Dead Rising 4, ReCore

...INB4 the cow list of small/Japanese games nobody cares about.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ohdatdata said:

Nah. PS4 has not only slapped around Xbox all gen, but it's slapped the gen around as well and said, "You be mine."

Data don't lie.

Facts:

ps4 - 346 games with 132 in the green.

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/ps4/filtered?year_selected=2016&page=0

XboxOne - 196 games with 82 in the green.

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/xboxone/filtered

ps4 - 236 games with 103 in the green

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/ps4/filtered?year_selected=2015&page=0

XboxOne - 158 games with 67 in the green

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/xboxone/filtered?sort=desc&year_selected=2015&page=0

ps4 - 134 games with 67 in the green

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/ps4/filtered?year_selected=2014&page=0

XboxOne - 85 games with 41 in the green

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/xboxone/filtered?sort=desc&year_selected=2014&page=0

ps4 - 27 games with 14 in the green

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/ps4/filtered?year_selected=2013&page=0

XboxOne - 19 games with 8 in the green

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/xboxone/filtered?sort=desc&year_selected=2013&page=0

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/ps4/filtered?year_selected=2017&page=0

You forgot this year so far.

PS4 34 games 16 green.

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/xboxone/filtered?sort=desc&year_selected=2017&page=0

XBO 19 games only 8 green...

The grass is always greener on PS paradise..

Halo Wars 2 dropped to 79 by the way..lol

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

PS4 didn't get good until PC.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

2014 was a good year. Only PS4 fans/cows didn't think so because, like TC said, PS4 was an absolute joke until this year. Xbox One got Sunset Overdrive, Halo:MCC, Forza horizon 2, Titanfall, and PvZ:GW came out months on X1 before PS4.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@primorandomguy: "2014 was a good year. Only PS4 fans/cows didn't think so because, like TC said, PS4 was an absolute joke until this year. Xbox One got Sunset Overdrive, Halo:MCC, Forza horizon 2, Titanfall, and PvZ:GW came out months on X1 before PS4."

Seem liked both consoles sucked if that's the highlights of 2014. =(

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: Recore is pretty much unplayable, dead rising 4 sucked and gears war mediocre. Horizon 3 is though.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

@k--m--k said:

I don't know, I was happy with my PS4 in those years. Still happy. It's not like I bought it only to buy exclusives.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@brah4ever: I bought my PS4 at launch and I think it was good since the start.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@brah4ever said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

INB4 cow stampede.

They did?

I think so (btw, I started a little before the holiday period, but you get the idea)...

PS4 - The Last Guardian, No Man's Sky?

Xbox - Forza Horizon 3, Gears 4, Dead Rising 4, ReCore

...INB4 the cow list of small/Japanese games nobody cares about.

You must be joking.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Primorandomguy

@PSP107: What did PS4 have to compete against SO, Halo:MCC, Titanfall, and Forza Horizon 2?

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Primorandomguy

@n64dd: Gears of War 4 is not mediocre.