PS4 Deleting Full Games Off System, What The Hell!?!?

• 107 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by blackace (20886 posts) -

First it was save files being deleted or corrupted on the PS4 when this error: CE-34878-0 code popped up. Now is seems the PS4 is actually remove complete copies of games on the PS4, but without showing any errors? WTF is going on here? I guess this has happened to several gamers. It's was reported on Reedit.com first.

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/1x9myd/games_being_are_deleted_from_ps4_automatically/

http://gamingbolt.com/serious-bug-ps4-automatically-deleting-games-from-library

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS8GCAgl3uI

http://n4g.com/news/1453119/serious-bug-ps4-automatically-deleting-games-from-library

Why is this happening Sony? Has this happened to anyone here? I'll check my games out when I get home.

#2 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Taking "nogames" to the next level

#3 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7419 posts) -

DRM in disguise! Muuuuaaaahhhh! Muuuuuaaahhhh!

#4 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

This is the great Sony PSN network this is the great PS system that never goes down never gets hacked never loose your net for a month or more never loose full games this is the great PS system that has tons of games on PS4 no wait COUGH COUGH COUGH PS Greatness KEEP WAITING!!!

#5 Edited by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Is it a bug or file system error?

#6 Posted by clyde46 (46593 posts) -

Man, all this over-reaction over a system bug. Yes its bad but its just a bug.

#7 Posted by freedomfreak (40914 posts) -

Same happened with my Xbox One weeks ago. Happened with Ryse and Killer Instinct.

It's pretty damn bad. Ps4, on the other hand, is doing amazing. Finished Outlast yesterday. Awesome game. Good times with the Ps4.

#8 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9483 posts) -

All I know is that error CE-34878-0 was the same error that would wipe game saves but I have no idea about deleting entire games. I assume it has something to do with the PS4 thinking the data is corrupt and then wiping it. What people fail to realize is that the hard drives on consoles run performance algorithms pretty frequently.Have you ever defragged a console hard drive? Nope.

#9 Edited by silversix_ (14791 posts) -

At least PS4 has games to delete. zinnnnnnnnnnng

#10 Posted by clyde46 (46593 posts) -

@Nonstop-Madness said:

All I know is that error CE-34878-0 was the same error that would wipe game saves but I have no idea about deleting entire games. I assume it has something to do with the PS4 thinking the data is corrupt and then wiping it. What people fail to realize is that the hard drives on consoles run performance algorithms pretty frequently.Have you ever defragged a console hard drive? Nope.

Thats an OS thing/File system I believe. I've never had to defrag any of my Apple Mac's hard drives.

#11 Posted by blamix99 (2053 posts) -

never had a prob with mine, downloading Outlast right now..

#12 Posted by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Same happened with my Xbox One weeks ago. Happened with Ryse and Killer Instinct.

It's pretty damn bad. Ps4, on the other hand, is doing amazing. Finished Outlast yesterday. Awesome game. Good times with the Ps4.

... Wait, you have an XBO? :P

#13 Posted by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

This is the great Sony PSN network this is the great PS system that never goes down never gets hacked never loose your net for a month or more never loose full games this is the great PS system that has tons of games on PS4 no wait COUGH COUGH COUGH PS Greatness KEEP WAITING!!!

Make a thread about it, I want to see it get instantly locked like the one that just did hahaha.

#14 Posted by freedomfreak (40914 posts) -
@_Matt_ said:

Shhhhh

#15 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Say WA? Delay Station LOL yeah ok

#16 Edited by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@_Matt_ said:

Shhhhh

ohhhh. ohhh.

ahem.

I mean yes. The same thing happened with ALL the games on my XBO too. ALL of them.

#17 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20840 posts) -

silversix:

Dead rising,Forza, Killer Instinct are games

FOrza is AAA game, wheres the Ps4 AAAgame?

All you got is 2flops lmao.

#18 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1362 posts) -

So about 160 comments in all through all those links and a YouTube video with 190 views and 11 likes. Out of about 5 mil ps4 owners, lmfao. Another terrible blackace thread to add to the vault.

#19 Posted by silversix_ (14791 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@silversix_ said:

Say WA? Delay Station LOL yeah ok

At least there are games to delay LOL.

#20 Posted by blackace (20886 posts) -
@edwardecl said:

Is it a bug or file system error?

Seems like it's a bug within the system. Sooooo.. I'm wondering is Sony will fix this bug and the "corrupting save files" bug at the same time in one patch. The CE-34878-0 error has been going on for well over 2 months now.

#21 Posted by Vatusus (4691 posts) -

@treedoor said:

Taking "nogames" to the next level

lol

as a cow I thought that was pretty funny :'D

#22 Posted by blackace (20886 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

There hasn't been any game file deleting bugs on the XB1. What does this issue have to do with XB1? Absolutely nothing.

@silversix_ said:

Dat damage control. Cows love to change the subject when they have no intelligent answer to rebuttal a PS4 issue. lol!!

@PinkieWinkie said:

So about 160 comments in all through all those links and a YouTube video with 190 views and 11 likes. Out of about 5 mil ps4 owners, lmfao. Another terrible blackace thread to add to the vault.

More damage control and actually nothing to do with the topic on hand. LOL!! Pinkie stop embarrassing yourself. The issue was just recently posted yesterday. Let it get out there and spread a little more. Another terrible stupid reply from PinkieWinkieDoo. LOL!!

#23 Posted by freedomfreak (40914 posts) -
@blackace said:

What does this issue have to do with XB1?

Because it also happened on the X1. It's also having this issue. There's no thread about it, because not everyone feels the need to point out a simple programming bug in a system.

God, man. The Ps4 is by far the best system I've ever played on. I bought the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for my Xbox One, and I enjoyed it.

Went to my brother's place. He bough it for his Ps4. Man, that version runs so much better. Explosions can go off, and the framerate doesn't go to shit. That's pretty awesome.

From that point on I decided to get every multiplat for the Ps4, because it is just better. I mean, so many multiplats have come out where the Ps4 just destroys the X1.

#24 Posted by Vecna (3394 posts) -

This is happening a lot more than being reported. Problem is nobody gives a shit when PlayStation 4 deletes Knack off of their hard drives.

#25 Edited by CrashNBurn281 (424 posts) -

Every launch of a console has problems. I am sure someone will be kind enough to post a million Xbox links to compare.

Sheesh. I haven't had this problem, but feel for those that have.

#26 Edited by silversix_ (14791 posts) -

@blackace said:

@freedomfreak said:

There hasn't been any game file deleting bugs on the XB1. What does this issue have to do with XB1? Absolutely nothing.

@silversix_ said:

Dat damage control. Cows love to change the subject when they have no intelligent answer to rebuttal a PS4 issue. lol!!

@PinkieWinkie said:

More damage control and actually nothing to do with the topic on hand. LOL!! Pinkie stop embarrassing yourself. The issue was just recently posted yesterday. Let it get out there and spread a little more. Another terrible stupid reply from PinkieWinkieDoo. LOL!!

hey breh im not the one hyping Plants Vs Potatoes lol X1 standards are as low as Wii standards, looks like MS completely abandoned their systems since 2012, hard time heh

#27 Posted by lostrib (37634 posts) -

@blackace said:

@silversix_ said:

Ah, so they're just like lemmings then

#28 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

PS4 LOL!!

#29 Edited by blackace (20886 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

@blackace said:

What does this issue have to do with XB1?

Because it also happened on the X1. It's also having this issue. There's no thread about it, because not everyone feels the need to point out a simple programming bug in a system.

God, man. The Ps4 is by far the best system I've ever played on. I bought the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for my Xbox One, and I enjoyed it.

Went to my brother's place. He bough it for his Ps4. Man, that version runs so much better. Explosions can go off, and the framerate doesn't go to shit. That's pretty awesome.

From that point on I decided to get every multiplat for the Ps4, because it is just better. I mean, so many multiplats have come out where the Ps4 just destroys the X1.

Where's your links. lol!! Who gives a shit about TD:DE. That's not what this thread is about. Cows love to change the subject when its about issues with the PS4. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with XB1 or Tomb Raider: DE. Sounds like your just another BUTTHURT COW like silversix_ and all the others on here. When you're done kissing Sony's ass, tell them to fix their broken PS4's. Breakness Awaits!!

@silversix_ said:

@silversix_ said:

hey breh im not the one hyping Plants Vs Potatoes lol X1 standards are as low as Wii standards, looks like MS completely abandoned their systems since 2012, hard time heh

No one said you were hyping anything. LOL!! What does Plants & Zombies: Garden Warface have to do with PS4 deleting gamers games off the HDD? Absolutely nothing. Last I checked there are still games being released on the XBox 360. Titanfall, South Park: Stick of Truth, Thief, Lightning Returns, Fable Anniversary, Dark Souls 2 are all coming out on the XBox 360 within the next month. Doesn't sound like it's being abandoned to me.

#30 Posted by lazerface216 (7517 posts) -

hey TC, the same issue has happened with the xbox one, but i don't see you making threads about it. gee, i wonder why lol. the giant bomb guys even mentioned it on a bombcast, it happened with ryse and battlefield 4. why are you such a biased fanboy? why is this place overrun by lame children like you?

#31 Posted by freedomfreak (40914 posts) -
@blackace said:

Where's your lilnks. lol!! Who gives a shit about TD:DE. That's not what this thread is about. Cows love to change the subject when its about issues with the PS4. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with XB1 or Tomb Raider: DE. Sounds like your just another BUTTHURT COW like silversix_ and all the other on here. When you're done kissing Sony's ass, tell them to fix their broken PS4's. Breakness Awaits!!

Links? DF maybe? Ps4 version of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition runs better, and looks better. Fact.

Xbox One is weaker. Hell, they even had to reduce the framerate for COD: Ghosts because the Xbox One couldn't handle it anymore. Meanwhile, that game is running at 720P@60FPS on my Xbox 360.

Blackace, that is not bad, that is just sad.

I'm just glad I got both to give me this clear vision of what company did the right thing this gen. Sony. The one and only. Sony.
A simple console. Powerful. Sleek, and purely for gaming.

That's what a manticore like myself wants. Sony does what every gamer wants. The Ps4 getting outsold every minute while the Xbox One is sitting on the shelves is proof of this.

I love Sony. I love Microsoft, but One, Xbox One, did wrong this gen. Sorry, Microsoft. Maybe next gen when you get your priorities straight you'll have a chance. Until then, Sony is DP'ing you.

#32 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

No it has not happened AT ALL on the Xbox One the only thing that has happened is BF4 save games have been deleted and that's a trashy EA/DICE issue has nothing to do with the X1 OS so for anyone saying this is happening on the X1 is totally false. Again it has happened for BF4 but it's a EA/DICE issue with the game not the Xbox. Sorry kiddies the PS4 is just more examples of an incompetent trashy run PSN network and generic level software tools.

#33 Posted by MonsieurX (30426 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

No it has not happened AT ALL on the Xbox One the only thing that has happened is BF4 save games have been deleted and that's a trashy EA/DICE issue has nothing to do with the X1 OS so for anyone saying this is happening on the X1 is totally false. Again it has happened for BF4 but it's a EA/DICE issue with the game not the Xbox. Sorry kiddies the PS4 is just more examples of an incompetent trashy run PSN network and generic level software tools.

Not sure how your account is still active after all the trash you've been doing

#34 Edited by blackace (20886 posts) -

@lazerface216 said:

hey TC, the same issue has happened with the xbox one, but i don't see you making threads about it. gee, i wonder why lol. the giant bomb guys even mentioned it on a bombcast, it happened with ryse and battlefield 4. why are you such a biased fanboy? why is this place overrun by lame children like you?

I'm not a bias fanboy. I haven't see any news about XB1 deleting games off their HDD. Cows would have posted links about it by now I'm sure. I'm tired of all these issues with the PS4. I own one myself and don't want to have to deal with this crap in the future. Hoping Sony gets their act together and fixes all these problems. It's funny that everytime something negative about the PS4 is posted on here, every COW revert back to talking about the XB1. lol!! Including yourself. Do you even own either system?

@freedomfreak If you have nothing to say concerning the topic, I won't waste my time replying back to you bias garbage. Get lost kid.

#35 Posted by Heil68 (45148 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Man, all this over-reaction over a system bug. Yes its bad but its just a bug.

The xbox forums have lots of issues listed as well, but for some reason TC never mentions them. I wonder why that is? hmmmmm

#36 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1362 posts) -

@blackace: not DC. Just pointing out there isn't a thread needed for every small problem on the ps4. I can go to the MS support site and find a problem with the x1 too. How many owners is this bug effecting, less then 1%?

#37 Posted by clyde46 (46593 posts) -

Blackace thread? Blackace thread.

Still trying to make something out of nothing.

#38 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

And with the next two OS updates for X1 next week and in March we will be once again light years ahead of PSN for features and OS tools and you will be busy looking for your game on your hard drive you swore was there yesterday.

#39 Posted by clyde46 (46593 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

And with the next two OS updates for X1 next week and in March we will be once again light years ahead of PSN for features and OS tools and you will be busy looking for your game on your hard drive you swore was there yesterday.

You still believe these updates can save the X1?

#40 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (424 posts) -
@me3x12 said:

Those patches are to add functions that the console should have had to begin with. Stop reaching.

#41 Edited by mems_1224 (47254 posts) -

Well, its a good thing PS4 has no games then.

#43 Posted by silversix_ (14791 posts) -
@crashnburn281 said:
@me3x12 said:

Those patches are to add functions that the console should have had to begin with. Stop reaching.

don't be mean, he's dreaming lol let him dream. In his dreams the Bone will receive up to 87.4% performance boost crushing the Quad as it was a WiiU!

@mems_1224 said:

It has enough games to actually delete. On X1 there's nothing to even delete. Dealwithit!

#44 Posted by mems_1224 (47254 posts) -
@silversix_ said:
@mems_1224 said:

It has enough games to actually delete. On X1 there's nothing to even delete. Dealwithit!

prove it

#45 Edited by lazerface216 (7517 posts) -

@blackace said:

@lazerface216 said:

I'm not a bias fanboy. I haven't see any news about XB1 deleting games off their HDD. Cows would have posted links about it by now I'm sure. I'm tired of all these issues with the PS4. I own one myself and don't want to have to deal with this crap in the future. Hoping Sony gets their act together and fixes all these problems. It's funny that everytime something negative about the PS4 is posted on here, every COW revert back to talking about the XB1. lol!! Including yourself. Do you even own either system?

@freedomfreak If you have nothing to say concerning the topic, I won't waste my time replying back to you bias garbage. Get lost kid.

i'm not a "cow", you don't EVER see me on here trolling or flamebaiting or making stupid threads claiming ownage or butthurt. YOU haven't even had these issues, every "issue" you've brought up has been minimal, just like these xbox one "issues". they are few and far between but the fact is they ARE going to happen with new hardware....on both sides.

where are your threads about the shit xbox one UI? or the irregularly long install times? or the fucked up party system? do you ever have an issue with your one? any complaints? oh you do? well then why don't you make it be known?

..and no, i don't own either console yet, but what does that have to do with anything?

#46 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@me3x12 said:

I'm speaking of pure OS updates features and functions it will be far ahead of what PSN does. We can be snapping features why we play games and swapping back in forth between TV and games and features and Skyping 1080p web chat partying up in games whatever these update will only further enhance

and separate X1 over what can be done on PSN.

#47 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (7419 posts) -

#48 Posted by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@clyde46 said:

@me3x12 said:

I'm speaking of pure OS updates features and functions it will be far ahead of what PSN does. We can be snapping features why we play games and swapping back in forth between TV and games and features and Skyping 1080p web chat partying up in games whatever these update will only further enhance

While snapping is all fine and well; do you really need to watch tv at the same time as playing games?

Or is that to keep players entertained during the exceptionally long install times?

#49 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@me3x12 said:

@clyde46 said:

@me3x12 said:

While snapping is all fine and well; do you really need to watch tv at the same time as playing games?

Or is that to keep players entertained during the exceptionally long install times?

Ahh well maybe if i'm trying to watch ESPN or something or maybe go to Explorer and look up some game hints or live Youtube vids to get game hints or ideas why I'm playing the game.

#50 Edited by ButDuuude (475 posts) -

First time I hear about this. No game has been deleted from my PS4.