PS4 crashes at target refuses to quit out of game.

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28400 posts) -

Hmmm odd I can understand crashing because of overheating but a glitch that doesn't even allow the ps4 to quit said game?

INB4: bubub its in a plastic box that's why.

So what your saying is that Sony cannot design a reliable plastic box with ventilation and fans, but can design a reliable complicated game systems?

Note: If posted already go ahead and lock.

#2 Posted by Heil68 (44533 posts) -

its in a plastic box that's why.

#3 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8737 posts) -

I'm pretty sure it's because it's in a plastic box.

#4 Posted by freedomfreak (40587 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

#5 Edited by clyde46 (46290 posts) -

You do know that this happens to any electronic item when left in an enclosed place, irrelevant of ventilation right?

#6 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

It has 1 tiny fan so it isn't surprising

#7 Edited by Animal-Mother (26956 posts) -

So let me guess this straight baker. You're on ultra damage control showing a system that's locked in a small kiosk running for more than 6 hours a day. And THIS is what constitutes ownage now? This is pathetic even for you.

Edit: Do you know how hot components get or are people just that dense about this?

#8 Edited by Sushiglutton (5303 posts) -

Hardware crashes every once in a while. There are tons of stores with Ps4s sitting in little plastic boxes all day long. A few crashes is nothing to worry about. Systematic errors, like not being able to hit 1080p for vast majority of multiplats, is something to worry about.

#9 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

Restricting air to a piece of electronic equipment that needs to be cooled will do that

#10 Posted by HadOne2Many (1279 posts) -

Just a hunch, but it may have something to do with lack of air circulation, you know, because...its in a plastic box that's why.

#11 Posted by Animal-Mother (26956 posts) -

And you hunted down a target employee to bother him about it

#12 Edited by Heil68 (44533 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

85mm fan isn't that tiny. I have 80mms(2) on the front of my PC case.

EDIT, sorry I looked and i have 120mm fans. But anyways 85mm is not tiny, even in PC standards. 80mm is neweggs 3rd highest size in stock.

#13 Edited by Shewgenja (9275 posts) -

Lemming Thirst Continuation.

#14 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -
@freedomfreak said:

@Heil68 said:

#15 Posted by RossRichard (2383 posts) -

My PC crashes every now and then. You know, the one with the operating system made by Microsoft.

#16 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@RossRichard said:

My PC crashes every now and then. You know, the one with the operating system made by Microsoft.

Then there's something wrong with your hardware

#17 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

Funny was at ms store and it was in plastic and no shutdowns and asked the store rep and he said thats only happening w/ ps4 and said console on for over 12 hours a day in regards to xbox one

#18 Edited by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -

I have seen other reports of people not being able to load Contrast. Looks to me like the Contrast demo that went out with these kiosk units wasn't tested properly and is causing freezes. Makes me wonder if the cert process is the same for these demos as it is for the retail release game.

We'll know soon enough if retail games that have gone through Sony's cert process cause hard locks as well.

#19 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1147 posts) -

Ahhh but do we all remember the lot of youtube videos we had of display xbox 360s getting red ring?

#20 Posted by clyde46 (46290 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

85mm fan isn't that tiny. I have 80mms(2) on the front of my PC case.

Dat noise.

#21 Posted by Animal-Mother (26956 posts) -

@XBOunity said:

Funny was at ms store and it was in plastic and no shutdowns and asked the store rep and he said thats only happening w/ ps4 and said console on for over 12 hours a day in regards to xbox one

Funny that this is a terrible trolling attempt.

#22 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9246 posts) -

System is fine... It's a bug in either the OS or the demo.

#23 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@Animal-Mother: funny its the truth. Went to ms store two days in a row. Worry moar

#24 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1962 posts) -

Lemming getting desperate after horrible xbone news in recent day. Of all fan, lemming cannot talk about reliable hardware.

#25 Edited by Animal-Mother (26956 posts) -

@XBOunity said:

@Animal-Mother: funny its the truth. Went to ms store two days in a row. Worry moar

And what undeniable proof do you have of that? Do you have a written statement? A Video? Something with a timestamp?

I mean I could tell you I spent 40 weeks surviving in the amazon. With no proof there's no validation

Otherwise you're just spewing garbage.

#26 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@Truth_Hurts_U: haha coming from cows this is priceless. So inly ps4 can crash and have ui issues confirmed hahahahaha

#27 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9246 posts) -

@XBOunity:

So I am a cow? Your just a MS moron.

#28 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@Animal-Mother: lots of videos surfacing for the ps4 on this like shown by the TC. Care to show tje xbox one dropping or rebooting? Oh yeah

#29 Edited by Animal-Mother (26956 posts) -

@XBOunity said:

@Animal-Mother: lots of videos surfacing for the ps4 on this like shown by the TC. Care to show tje xbox one dropping or rebooting? Oh yeah

You'[re the one that claimed the point so prove it.

Also Old But Proof http://www.gamesthirst.com/2013/07/22/xbox-one-suffers-system-malfunction-at-comic-con-numerous-times/

#30 Posted by Suppaman100 (3915 posts) -

LOL, so one demo-unit in a plastic box without any good air flow crashes?

Lemmings are really grasping for straws now

#31 Edited by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@Truth_Hurts_U: thought you were someone else, but I can confirm you are a moron and mad

#32 Edited by Truth_Hurts_U (9246 posts) -

@XBOunity: Says the troll.

#33 Edited by clr84651 (5446 posts) -

It looks like they didn't allow proper ventilation. The PS4 will shutdown when it overheats and wont turn back on until it cools down for a while.

Usually if you turn the power off to a PS when it happens, then you can restart it.

#34 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@Truth_Hurts_U: says the guy mad lol

#35 Edited by kuu2 (7329 posts) -

People forget that the PS3 was really the first Sony console that did not have lots of problems.

#36 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9246 posts) -

@XBOunity: If I was mad I would be posting all kinds of pics to own your dumbass.

#37 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@kuu2: overheating awaits

#38 Edited by Animal-Mother (26956 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

People forget that the PS3 was really the first Sony console that did not have lots of problems.

Every system has it's problems it's the facts of life.

I mean we look back at the life's of these consoles MS had to spend one BILLION on RROD.

But i'm gonna go out on an assumption and say when you have something running in a box for 12 hours a day with close to no ventilation it's gonna overheat.

#39 Posted by darkangel115 (1687 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

I mean we look back at the life's of these consoles MS had to spend one BILLION on RROD.

But i'm gonna go out on an assumption and say when you have something running in a box for 12 hours a day with close to no ventilation it's gonna overheat.

i Don't accept that. X1s have been in the same boxes as have PS3s 360s PS2s xbox PS1 well you see where I'm going with this. Most people that burn out consoles do so from playing 10+ hours a day all the time. the "hardcore" gamer will put more wear and tear on a console even if well ventilated then a store display will get.

#40 Posted by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Hmmm odd I can understand crashing because of overheating but a glitch that doesn't even allow the ps4 to quit said game?

So what your saying is that Sony cannot design a reliable plastic box with ventilation and fans, but can design a reliable complicated game systems?

"INB4: bubub its in a plastic box that's why."

Well, there you go. You answered your own question/concern.

You didn't even need our help.

#41 Posted by tastetheacidmil (737 posts) -

so the reaching and desperation begins

#42 Edited by 2Chalupas (5114 posts) -

Because this doesn't happen like every 2 hours on the 360 playing Battlefield 4...(system locks up, have to power it down manually and restart).

#43 Posted by heretrix (37379 posts) -

BIG NEWS:

A piece of electronics failed. News at 11.

Really?

#44 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

The plastic box theory is a joke because the PlayStation 4 is supposed to run cooler than the PlayStation 3. The PlayStation 3 has been shown and a plastic box last 8 years

#45 Posted by Animal-Mother (26956 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

i Don't accept that. X1s have been in the same boxes as have PS3s 360s PS2s xbox PS1 well you see where I'm going with this. Most people that burn out consoles do so from playing 10+ hours a day all the time. the "hardcore" gamer will put more wear and tear on a console even if well ventilated then a store display will get.

Has anyone seen the boxes in the wild?

Can someone show me a picture of an Xone kiosk?

#46 Edited by 2Chalupas (5114 posts) -

@Netherscourge said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

"INB4: bubub its in a plastic box that's why."

Well, there you go. You answered your own question/concern.

You didn't even need our help.

Who's to say it even has anything to do with overheating?

Could just be a random bug either in the OS or the game. There were lots of games this gen that had the occasional freeze. Hell, even this late in the gen - I'm playing Battlefield 4 on 360 and this shit freezes every 2 hours. I expect lots of reports of BF4 freezing on Xbox One and PS4 as well - my guess is DICE is too spread out putting it on 5 platforms so the quality control is suffering.

#47 Posted by lamprey263 (23927 posts) -

yeah, that plastic box isn't going to provide adequate ventilation, even the Sony rep who set that up should have known better

#48 Posted by 3SidedSquare (297 posts) -

Lol it's still going to outsell the Xbone 2:1.

#49 Posted by kuu2 (7329 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@darkangel115 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Has anyone seen the boxes in the wild?

Can someone show me a picture of an Xone kiosk?

Don't have a picture on one in the box but I saw one yesterday at Gamestop. It was just the video loop though since they had not gotten controlers for it.

#50 Posted by Newhopes (4560 posts) -

The one at our store hard locked after just over an hour....