PS4 Available At Amazon & Gamestop

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by blackace (19579 posts) -

Is the drought finally over for the PS4? I predicted this drought would end by March at least. Looks like it may happen a little sooner.

Looks like Amazon has a nice stock of PS4 for sale now.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Console/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392394153&sr=8-1&keywords=PS4

Gamestop as a slew of PS4 bundles available online now.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-PS4,28zu0

Walmart also has bundle in stock.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/PS4-Console-with-Choice-of-2-Games-Value-Bundle/34741882

I haven't gone to Gamestop or Best Buy personally, but I'll check them out on the way home tonight to see what they have.

#2 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

Wouldn't call it a drought, retailers are getting consistent shipments. Its just selling out.

#3 Edited by Bishop1310 (874 posts) -

lol no. Everywhere in Canada is dry. Buddy of mine works at the local futureshop..They've had 80 consoles in total since launch... 80..... it's awful.

#4 Edited by I_can_haz (6389 posts) -

Those bundles at Gamestop and Walmart only prove how scarce the PS4 really is. I still can't walk into my local Bestbuy or Gamestop and pick one up, they are sold out here.

#5 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

Just got a PS4 off cowboom for $305 + tax

#6 Posted by blackace (19579 posts) -

Wouldn't call it a drought, retailers are getting consistent shipments. Its just selling out.

I'm going to keep an eye on those links and see when PS4 sells out again on Amazon. I'll update this thread at that time. It's good Sony is starting to catch up on the demand.

#7 Edited by StrongDeadlift (5127 posts) -

Lol, this "feeding frenzy" bullshit is over. I was just at Meijer 2 days ago (a supermarket chain similar to Walmart for non midwest US brahs) and they had a PS4 and an Xbox One behind the glass. It aint that hard out here, if you really want one.

#8 Posted by finalstar2007 (24819 posts) -

Its #1 at amazon which means people are buying them pretty crazy so i dont see the units staying in stock for too long... meanwhile PS4's are nowhere to be found in Canadian stores :/

#9 Posted by lglz1337 (2824 posts) -

this is your chance people of good america grab it before it's too late

#10 Edited by Consternated (478 posts) -

Available in quite a few places over in the UK. My brother-in-law managed to get one from Argos, without any sort of reservation... Just popped in to the store, and bought one there and then.

#11 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9176 posts) -

Most people that wanted a PS4 could finally get one in January ( like I did ) I believe that's why sales were so lopsided....sales will start to even out now.

#12 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -
#13 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9176 posts) -

I think it's a decent theory....I saw PS4's on Best Buy's website last month and was like damn I better buy it up quick, but they lasted over a week. We will see if my theory ends up being true next NPD.

#14 Posted by kitty (114209 posts) -

The question is, how many come with each shipment to retailers? Without knowing if there's a lot or a small amount, you could try to get one and be out of luck like a lot of other people.

#15 Posted by HiraiKazuo (289 posts) -

Most people that wanted a PS4 could finally get one in January ( like I did ) I believe that's why sales were so lopsided....sales will start to even out now.

That DC doesn't even make sense.

You're either implying

1.PS4 demand was always much higher than the Xbox One

2. The Xbox One had supply constraints

and..

3. Despite the fact the Xbox One was outsold 2:1, it will some how close the gap because the PS4 is becoming more readily available, which doesnt make sense

#16 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9196 posts) -

those are some terrible bundles.

Im just gonna wait for a MGS5: Phantom Pain Bundle

#17 Posted by HiraiKazuo (289 posts) -

@blackace said:

Is the drought finally over for the PS4? I predicted this drought would end by March at least. Looks like it may happen a little sooner.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Console/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392394153&sr=8-1&keywords=PS4

http://www.walmart.com/ip/PS4-Console-with-Choice-of-2-Games-Value-Bundle/34741882

I haven't gone to Gamestop or Best Buy personally, but I'll check them out on the way home tonight to see what they have.

And they only have bundles, if they sold the console individually they'd probably lose their stock within hours.

#18 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9176 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

You're either implying

and..

3. Despite the fact the Xbox One was outsold 2:1, it will some how close the gap because the PS4 is becoming more readily available, which doesnt make sense

Probably because I wasn't damage controlling shit....I just gave an opinion for hells sake.

People that have been wanting a PS4 couldn't get one for a long time....they became more readily available last month ( I know this because I was able to get one pretty easily ) hence the sales went up. I don't see how that can be hard to understand.

#19 Posted by Heil68 (42461 posts) -

Get them while you can guys, SONY is on a ROLL.

#20 Posted by HiraiKazuo (289 posts) -

@HiraiKazuo said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

You're either implying

and..

Probably because I wasn't damage controlling shit....I just gave an opinion for hells sake.

People that have been wanting a PS4 couldn't get one for a long time....they became more readily available last month ( I know this because I was able to get one pretty easily ) hence the sales went up. I don't see how that can be hard to understand.

Not gonna lie, that opinion was stupid and ignorant.

#21 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (16942 posts) -

I just got a PS4 at FYE on Monday!

#22 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9176 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@HiraiKazuo said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

You're either implying

and..

But cows used the excuse that the X1 sold so well before because of low PS4 supply, so when I say sales went up because more PS4's are readily available it's stupid and ignorant? I think I see where the stupid is.

#23 Edited by Dire_Weasel (15846 posts) -

Good find! I'm sure they'll sell out soon.

Nice thing about shopping online is that you don't have to climb over a pallet of Xbox Ones to get to the Playstation 4 stock.

#24 Posted by HiraiKazuo (289 posts) -

@HiraiKazuo said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@HiraiKazuo said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

You're either implying

and..

But cows used the excuse that the X1 sold so well before because of low PS4 supply, so when I say sales went up because more PS4's are readily available it's stupid and ignorant? I think I see where the stupid is.

Always playing victim, grow up.

#25 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9176 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@HiraiKazuo said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@HiraiKazuo said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

You're either implying

and..

Always playing victim, grow up.

lol wow

#26 Edited by clone01 (24085 posts) -

Probably same...though I may get one earlier for Infamous Second Son.

#27 Edited by blackace (19579 posts) -

Available in quite a few places over in the UK. My brother-in-law managed to get one from Argos, without any sort of reservation... Just popped in to the store, and bought one there and then.

By the end of March, the drought will be over. Same thing that happened with the XBox 360. The Wii on the other hand was sold out for a full year. The DS was sold out for about 8 months in the U.S. That won't happen with the PS4.

#28 Edited by blackace (19579 posts) -

@blackace said:

And they only have bundles, if they sold the console individually they'd probably lose their stock within hours.

Amazon's isn't a bundle. Look again. Walmart's bundle is actually pretty good.

#29 Edited by tormentos (16277 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Consternated said:

By the end of March, the drought will be over. Same thing that happened with the XBox 360. The Wii on the other hand was sold out for a full year. The DS was sold out for about 8 months in the U.S. That won't happen with the PS4.

The xbox 360 didn't have a drought it had horrible yields,the demand wasn't that high,MS just had very low quantities on units for launch and after it.

Now the wii did had a huge drought,who knows when the shortage will end,if anything it will be even worse,Japan will hit in a week and will add to the demand,also they get units they just don't last.

#30 Posted by silversix_ (13418 posts) -

Can't buy it in canada

#31 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (6542 posts) -

My local Hastings has had PS4s and Xbones on the shelves since launch. They don't sell many games or systems, though. They are still selling the special edition gold LOZ 3DSs, too.

#32 Edited by ButDuuude (375 posts) -
#33 Edited by blackace (19579 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

@Consternated said:

The xbox 360 didn't have a drought it had horrible yields,the demand wasn't that high,MS just had very low quantities on units for launch and after it.

Now the wii did had a huge drought,who knows when the shortage will end,if anything it will be even worse,Japan will hit in a week and will add to the demand,also they get units they just don't last.

They were sold out for 5 months after launch. You couldn't find one and Microsoft couldn't keep up with the demand. No different then what's happening with the the PS4 now.

I give it until the end of March.

They never had a $399 PS4 in stock. It was just the bundles.

Look like they sold out of one of the bundles. They are sold out again on Amazon as well.

#34 Edited by tormentos (16277 posts) -

@blackace said:

They were sold out for 5 months after launch. You couldn't find one and Microsoft couldn't keep up with the demand. No different then what's happening with the the PS4 now.

No MS had few units for launch,not even 400K for US the xbox 360 didn't sell half a million on launch.

You could not find units because had horrible yield problems,RROD was a testament to that.

I was a 360 owner since launch,the yield got better in a few months and everything was ok,hell MS sold like 6 to 7 million units before the PS3 launch,the PS4 is like 5 millions now and it has 3 months old with a huge shortage.

It wasn't a ultra high demand it was MS low ass yields for the xbox 360,the xbox one didn't even sell that good its first year.

#35 Posted by Nike_Air (18232 posts) -

PS4 is now Out of Stock at amazon. The thirst is real.

#36 Posted by blamix99 (1495 posts) -

get one before it's too late

#37 Edited by tormentos (16277 posts) -

@blackace said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

I'm going to keep an eye on those links and see when PS4 sells out again on Amazon. I'll update this thread at that time. It's good Sony is starting to catch up on the demand.

Its sold out already,,,,hahahahaa they are been sold for inflated price already by other sellers on Amazon...hahahahaaaaaaa

1 day those amazon units lasted...lol

But but the drought is over...hahahaha

#38 Posted by _Matt_ (8737 posts) -

Sold out on Amazon. That didn't take long.

#39 Posted by blackace (19579 posts) -

@blackace said:

No MS had few units for launch,not even 400K for US the xbox 360 didn't sell half a million on launch.

You could not find units because had horrible yield problems,RROD was a testament to that.

I was a 360 owner since launch,the yield got better in a few months and everything was ok,hell MS sold like 6 to 7 million units before the PS3 launch,the PS4 is like 5 millions now and it has 3 months old with a huge shortage.

It wasn't a ultra high demand it was MS low ass yields for the xbox 360,the xbox one didn't even sell that good its first year.

You couldn't find one until the middle of March 2006. That's a fact. The PS4 has low ass yields because they launched in over 42 countries. lol!! That's a fact as well. The XBox 360 launched with 500K units (250K U.S., 200 EU, and 50K in Japan.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360

The Xbox 360 began production only 69 days before launch,[38][39] and Microsoft was not able to supply enough systems to meet initial consumer demand in Europe or North America, selling out completely upon release in all regions except in Japan.[40][41][42][43] Forty thousand units were offered for sale on auction site eBay during the initial week of release, 10% of the total supply.[44] By year's end, Microsoft had shipped 1.5 million units, including 900,000 in North America, 500,000 in Europe, and 100,000 in Japan.[45]

#40 Edited by xhawk27 (7019 posts) -

@blackace said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

Its sold out already,,,,hahahahaa they are been sold for inflated price already by other sellers on Amazon...hahahahaaaaaaa

1 day those amazon units lasted...lol

But but the drought is over...hahahaha

People should realize they are buying a paper weight. No games!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahhaha

#41 Posted by id_mew (441 posts) -

Still nothing in Canada.

#42 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8399 posts) -

I think it's a decent theory....I saw PS4's on Best Buy's website last month and was like damn I better buy it up quick, but they lasted over a week. We will see if my theory ends up being true next NPD.

They lasted a week while Xflop shipments still have over 750K unsold from last year...

#43 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8399 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

A bundle for a 2 hour demo. Really? inFAMOUS will be the bundle for March although you stated your distaste that game.

#44 Posted by tormentos (16277 posts) -

@blackace said:

You couldn't find one until the middle of March 2006. That's a fact. The PS4 has low ass yields because they launched in over 42 countries. lol!! That's a fact as well. The XBox 360 launched with 500K units (250K U.S., 200 EU, and 50K in Japan.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360

The Xbox 360 began production only 69 days before launch,[38][39] and Microsoft was not able to supply enough systems to meet initial consumer demand in Europe or North America, selling out completely upon release in all regions except in Japan.[40][41][42][43] Forty thousand units were offered for sale on auction site eBay during the initial week of release, 10% of the total supply.[44] By year's end, Microsoft had shipped 1.5 million units, including 900,000 in North America, 500,000 in Europe, and 100,000 in Japan.[45]

Oh i am not disputing the fact that you could not find one,i am saying that the yield issues were horrible.

You own article make you look like a fool..

MS launch with 500k units in how many countries.? North america,Europe and Japan,how many countries you think that amount to.? Seriously.?

US and Canada,Japan and all EU = more countries than what the xbox one release in,yet MS had half the units or less.

It took MS 8 months to ship 5 million units,it took Sony 6 weeks to SELL not ship SELL to consumer 4.2 million,is not even close.

Sony doesn't have yield issues sony just can't keep up with the demand,sony manufacture shipped and sold 4.2 million units by the console 6 weeks of life,the xbox 360 took 8 months to do that..

http://arstechnica.com/uncategorized/2006/07/7321/

MS had horrible yields the demand wasn't that big,in fact on April when the shortage was over the xbox 360 outsold the PS2, by 90k units,but in May where the xbox 360 didn't have a shortage the PS2 was back on top beating the xbox 360 in sales and continue to do so,in fact of the first 8 months of the xbox 360 it outsold the PS4 1 month when the shortage was over in April.

MS didn't have even close a demand as Sony and the history is there it took MS 8 months to ship to retailers 5 million units,Sony now has probably 5 million units,and it hasn't even hit Japan..hahaha

4.2 million + 260K 4.46 million and that doesn't include EU units sold since December 28.

#45 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9196 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

A bundle for a 2 hour demo. Really? inFAMOUS will be the bundle for March although you stated your distaste that game.

I said MGS5: Phantom Pain, not Ground Zeroes the 2 hour prologue you are referring to

Also I dont distaste Infamous, i just dont see anything above average going on in it so far and Im not impressed with nothing about it. Thats why I feeling like its going to under deliver and be a flop. I would surely hope that it turns out to be a the AAA people are thinking its going to be, but so far all I see is a 6/10 at best.

#46 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8399 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

I said MGS5: Phantom Pain, not Ground Zeroes the 2 hour prologue you are referring to

Also I dont distaste Infamous, i just dont see anything above average going on in it so far and Im not impressed with nothing about it. Thats why I feeling like its going to under deliver and be a flop. I would surely hope that it turns out to be a the AAA people are thinking its going to be, but so far all I see is a 6/10 at best.

The first t2o game were low to mid 80s on Metacritic(9 and 7 on here) you you think this one is going down the toilet? Makes no sense. No one has seen enough to make that prediction.. I think it is going to be at least an 80 Metascore which is very good. I don't any one hyping AAA.

#47 Posted by I_can_haz (6389 posts) -

....and they're gone. Looks like Walmart are the only ones with stock and they're in 2 game bundles.

#48 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8399 posts) -

PS4 will win February NPD. Xflop might be sub-100K units.

#49 Posted by I_can_haz (6389 posts) -

PS4 will win February NPD. Xflop might be sub-100K units.

Dat PS4 thirst is real.

#50 Edited by Scipio8 (608 posts) -

Yup, that's exactly why, its was almost impossible to get hold of a PS4 in December, but now I can walk into a store and buy one. The January sales is the pent up demand from December and will normalise over the coming months.