PS4 and Xbox One graphics disparity continues

• 97 results
#52 Edited by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

A post from the developer at B3D.

We reach double frame rate compared to the "graphically demanding titles" such as Infamous Second Son, Killzone (SP) and Assassin's Creed.

Rough mapping:
720p @ 60 fps is slightly more demaning than 1080p at 30 fps
900p @ 60 fps is almost 50% more demaning than 1080p at 30 fps
1080p @ 60 fps is twice as demanding than 1080p at 30 fps

We chose frame rate (= gameplay). Other developers had other priorities. For our game 60 fps is the best choice.

There aren't many 60 fps locked games on next gen consoles. We are locked 60 fps all the time, not fluctuating 30-50 fps like most of the other "60 fps" games.

#53 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

Looks like the Xbone needs some calcium. It's looking a bit brittle right now.

#54 Posted by xhawk27 (7345 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

If Sony can make the PS4 have better memory and better GPU for $400 MS should've been able to do it with the X1 also with Kinect at $500. There could be reasons why the X1 cost more for MS to make than meets the eye. I doubt we'll ever know why MS chose the RAM and GPU they did.

Because MS designed the Xbox One as an Entertainment device first, gaming console second. X1 has a better hardware up-scaler, HDMI-In port, Kinect 1080p Camera, direct wi-fi.

#55 Posted by 2mrw (5011 posts) -

The game doesn't look very demanding tbh.

it's time to move on lemmings and accept it.

#56 Edited by xhawk27 (7345 posts) -

@2mrw said:

The game doesn't look very demanding tbh.

it's time to move on lemmings and accept it.

No because the PS4 is only 36% more powerful. I can play a game with 50% less pixels.\

The Xbox One drivers are getting more mature and you'll see performance improvements over the next six months. DX12 drivers and Cloud support physics in the next few years is going to give the advantage to the Xbox One.

#57 Edited by 2mrw (5011 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

We reach double frame rate compared to the "graphically demanding titles" such as Infamous Second Son, Killzone (SP) and Assassin's Creed.
Rough mapping:
We chose frame rate (= gameplay). Other developers had other priorities. For our game 60 fps is the best choice.
There aren't many 60 fps locked games on next gen consoles. We are locked 60 fps all the time, not fluctuating 30-50 fps like most of the other "60 fps" games.

I think he is taking a shot at KZ:SF and TF .... lol

#58 Posted by ConanTheStoner (5580 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

What is trials fusion and why should i care about indie crap?

The trials games are bad ass man. Well designed, very challenging and tons of content.

How the X1 can't manage 1080P on a game like this is beyond me though. For once, I think the lazy port excuse might stand true for this one.

#59 Edited by hippiesanta (9884 posts) -

@stationplay_4 said:

lol xbox one full of powah!

#60 Edited by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

@hippiesanta said:

@stationplay_4 said:

#61 Edited by remiks00 (1911 posts) -

@tonitorsi said:

@hippiesanta said:

@stationplay_4 said:

#62 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5071 posts) -

Don't worry guys, DX12 will fix this.

Xbox One: Just Wait.

#63 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6200 posts) -

Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#64 Posted by getyeryayasout (7598 posts) -

This is going to be an amazing game, no matter the platform. I've been a big fan of Trials HD and Trials: Evolution on the 360. Fantastic games, even at that resolution. Having said that, I'm a bit surprised this won't be running 'Full HD' on MS's platform. Thankfully the good folks at RedLynx understand that imprecise controls and cutting edge graphics make for a shitty game and scaled accordingly.

#65 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5071 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

Rough mapping:

So how much more demanding is 1080p @ 60fps compared to 900p @ 60fps?

#66 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8971 posts) -

It's a disgrace that a series which actually started on Xbox can't achieve 1080p. Laughable, man!

#67 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25759 posts) -

Sufferin' succotash, "Just wait" is back with a vengeance these days.

#68 Posted by ronvalencia (15129 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

Trials Fusion runs at 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbox

Xboned once again.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/11/ps4-and-xbox-one-graphics-disparity-continues-trial-fusion-runs-at-1080p-on-sonys-box-and-900p-on-microsofts

Trials developer Sebbi on B3D has stated that they are having issues fitting everything in the eSRAM.

#69 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20840 posts) -

Cows still butthurt that the xbone has 2 AAA games while they have a couple flops and another average infamous game.

gonna wait until the Ps4 stops wobbling before I buy one,

#70 Edited by ronvalencia (15129 posts) -

@blackace said:

@tyloss said:

But BlackAce told me they had new dev kits !

They must have gotten their SDK kit late. How long have they been working on this game? Wolfenstein, Sniper Elite 3, Dying Light & Soul Suspect are all confirmed to be 1080P on XB1. There's really no reason that game should be 900P on any platform. Blame the developers. This is Ubisoft we're talking about. I'll probably still get it on the XB1 since the other 2 games I have on my XBox 360. It'll still look great nonetheless.

@I_can_haz said:

LOL Xflop 720p continues to show why seating 2 miles from your TV is the optimal way to game.

720P is pretty much done and over. By 2015 so will 900P. lol!! This is more a developer issue then a hardware issue. Devs haven't been able to figure out the XB1 yet. Same crap that happened with the PS3.

@T-razor1 said:

@xhawk27 said:

Must not have the latest dev kits/drivers. The Crew is 1080p on the X1, a few others too.

That being said... I mean it's Trials. What the heck is in a game like Trials that is stressing the system and preventing it from going another 180? I agree you will not be able to tell the difference but for me it's just the principle of the matter. Disappointing and somewhat annoying. Also not for nothing but with regards to The Crew at this point I'll believe it when I see it.

Well Knack drops to 14fps when playing that on the PS4. So, the same question could be asked of that. This is definitely a developer not know how to manipulate the hardware yet. Mark Cerny made Knack and the PS4 hardware, so I don't know what his excuse was.

Having the new SDK doesn't completely solve the 1920x1080p issue i.e. they need to do tiling tricks on top of the new SDK usage. Rebellion already explained why most Xbox One games are less than 1920x1080p. Refer to http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-ones-esram-too-small-to-output-games-at-1080p-but-will-catch-up-to-ps4-rebellion-games

Rebellion's main criteria for 1920x1080p on X1 is the new SDK and "tiling tricks". Having the new SDK doesn't solve the render targets that exceeds 32 MB ESRAM issue i.e. the developers must modify their software for tiling.

Tech background for Trials http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-tech-interview-trials-hd?page=2

#71 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4490 posts) -

Shit dev, those graphics are nothing special. Also this is a full game? If RedLynx thinks I'm paying £30 for this, they're on crack. Full priced games are £40 in the UK.

Trails games are good, but they're indie/arcade games. They aren't £30 games. I'll pay £10 - £15 for it max. It's the same game improved a little with better graphics.

#72 Posted by delta3074 (18406 posts) -

Because teh gaming is all about the Grafix *rolls eyes*

#73 Posted by delta3074 (18406 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@tormentos said:

MGS5 release 3 weeks ago and is 720p on xbox one,so is not over yet..

Thus how blackace stipulated that it was "pretty much" over. Learn the nuances of the English language, dip.

He say done and over ass,the whole pretty much mean sh** when you are saying over and done.

When i say you are an idiot and some one else say pretty much yeah he is agreeing with me that you are.

Even so we all know blackace angle and we also know yours..:-)

nah hes right, learn english

Pretty much over=/=Over and done with.

#74 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5071 posts) -

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

Cows still butthurt that the xbone has 2 AAA games while they have a couple flops and another average infamous game.

Lemmings still trying to distract from their crap hardware with their "line up" and even then their turds like Ryse, Lococycle, Crimson Dragon, Fighter Within and Kinect Sports Rivals still isn't worth the price of admission.

#75 Edited by Scipio8 (648 posts) -

All launch window titles still use the old dev kit so I'm not surprised. Wait till the next wave of games.

#76 Posted by delta3074 (18406 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

Lemmings still trying to distract from their crap hardware with their "line up" and even then their turds like Ryse, Lococycle, Crimson Dragon, Fighter Within and Kinect Sports Rivals still isn't worth the price of admission.

Niether console is worth the price of admission at the moment,lol

#78 Posted by tormentos (18297 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@tormentos said:

He say done and over ass,the whole pretty much mean sh** when you are saying over and done.

When i say you are an idiot and some one else say pretty much yeah he is agreeing with me that you are.

Even so we all know blackace angle and we also know yours..:-)

The fact that you cannot understand the English language is no reason to lash out at others. Sit back down, and simply learn the nuance.

You quoted blackace incorrectly, which was a shortcoming on your own part. Admit you misunderstood and move on.

Oh please dude stop your damage control we all know what Blackace mean by that...lol

Play dumb..

#79 Edited by SolidTy (43673 posts) -

@tonitorsi said:

@hippiesanta said:

@stationplay_4 said:

I like this song...I hear it all the time in SW, I memorized the words!

#80 Edited by tormentos (18297 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@clr84651 said:

If Sony can make the PS4 have better memory and better GPU for $400 MS should've been able to do it with the X1 also with Kinect at $500. There could be reasons why the X1 cost more for MS to make than meets the eye. I doubt we'll ever know why MS chose the RAM and GPU they did.

Because MS designed the Xbox One as an Entertainment device first, gaming console second. X1 has a better hardware up-scaler, HDMI-In port, Kinect 1080p Camera, direct wi-fi.

The xbox one has the same scaler the PS4 have both are GCN based this was kill long time ago,you don't see many talks about it because well only 1 game is 900p on PS4 while the xbox one has a barrage of 900p games and 720p as well.

@ronvalencia said:

@killzowned24 said:

Trials Fusion runs at 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbox

Xboned once again.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/11/ps4-and-xbox-one-graphics-disparity-continues-trial-fusion-runs-at-1080p-on-sonys-box-and-900p-on-microsofts

Trials developer Sebbi on B3D has stated that they are having issues fitting everything in the eSRAM.

Yes he and every other developer because it completely depends on what your doing,is the reason ESRAM will be a problem all generation long is to small now and it will be to small always.

@delta3074 said:

And to think about how many graphics argument you had with me defending Gears of war,now graphics don't matter..lol

@delta3074 said:

nah hes right, learn english

Pretty much over=/=Over and done with.

Ok i will learn English now you and lunday explain to me how is pretty much over when games keep popping been lower than 1080p in xbox one..

So is pretty much not over.?

Either way he was wrong,which is what hurt Lundy's feelings..lol

@delta3074 said:

Niether console is worth the price of admission at the moment,lol

The PS4 hardware talking alone is more than worth its price,find me a PC for 349 pounds that is stronger or even equal..

@FastRobby said:

Ryse was fun also is Kinect Sport Rivals, I haven't played the others, so I don't really care about other people calling it crap games... Plain old butthurt cows that they don't have any decent games

Lemming are a last gen anything under 90 for PS3 automatically sucked,games like Infamous,Resistance which has 86 , Resistance 2 87,Warhawk which was online only had 84 all tag as bad,because they didn't score 90 like forza or Halo...

Now this gen 60 games are fine and even lower,so Ryse is great But games like Resistance were bad...Lemming sure have go down in quality requirements from last gen..

#81 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28421 posts) -

Ahh Killzoned I remember last generation when you told me that the graphics disparity that the 360 enjoyed almost universally over the ps3 didn't matter because it was on multiplatform games...how you have changed.

#82 Posted by Caseytappy (2146 posts) -

@tyloss said:

But BlackAce told me they had new dev kits !

Still to small to contain enough pixels !

#83 Edited by SolidTy (43673 posts) -

@tonitorsi said:

@hippiesanta said:

@stationplay_4 said:

Sorry, I want to sing along with you guys.

#85 Edited by tormentos (18297 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Ahh Killzoned I remember last generation when you told me that the graphics disparity that the 360 enjoyed almost universally over the ps3 didn't matter because it was on multiplatform games...how you have changed.

You mean the 100 lines of resolution,a missing patch of grass or 5 FPS.?

Halo wasn't even 720p until the very end of the generation...hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

Sub 720p all around since launch almost all sony games were 720p native,some games ended been better on PS3 as well so it wasn't like the xbox 360 win them all,the difference between the xbox 360 and PS3 was that the 360 was friendly,but when the PS3 was correctly push it surpass the 360 like Games like Uncharted proved.

So 100 lines of resolution on the xbox 360 was valid to claim a superior version,but double the resolution now isn't?

5 frames were valid enough to claim superiority last gen,this gen up to 30 FPS like in Tomb Raider isn't.

A missing patch of grass was enough to claim ownage Mafia,but xbox one games missing next gen effect like HBAO, or parallax mapping is ok and not cause for concern...

Silly lemming cry more.. hahahaha

#86 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5071 posts) -
@Scipio8 said:

All launch window titles still use the old dev kit so I'm not surprised. Wait till the next wave of games.

Xbox One: Just Wait.

#87 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5071 posts) -
@FastRobby said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

Ryse was fun also is Kinect Sport Rivals, I haven't played the others, so I don't really care about other people calling it crap games... Plain old butthurt cows that they don't have any decent games

Xbone: no power and no games. Blunder of the century!

#88 Posted by tdkmillsy (1399 posts) -

Another game 900p Xbox One, PS4 1080p.

If the game was that poor the PS4 would be higher than 1080p.

This is the standard going forward and there is nothing between the resolutions beyond 4 Feet.

Get a grip guys.

PS4 will have 1080p games, Xbox One will have 900p games. Well done PS4, but it doesn't mean the Xbox One is a bad console. You want great resolution get a PC. You don't want a PC get a PS4 (for resolution), if you like what extras the Xbox One brings or the exclusive games get that.

If you are that bothered get a life.

#89 Edited by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

Lems scrambling for any troll comment they can make these days. Such anger, much hate. Long gen for you it will be.

#90 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7398 posts) -

Like you fool cows can tell the difference. You were duped into thinking KZ was 1080p in multiplayer this whole time and also told that CoD was 1080p during that DF review.
SMH. All along they weren't. Cows don't know dick.

#91 Posted by bezza2011 (2548 posts) -

To all the people claiming that the 5 games are going to be 1080p on Xbox One, I'm gonna call BS until I'm proven otherwise, so many games came out saying 1080p and just before release we found out that was bull, so i'm gonna wait and see, not sure why trails is 900p lazy dev's :S they only released trails on 360 last gen.

#92 Edited by coasterguy65 (6006 posts) -

Maybe Lems should start pulling the Cow excuse from last generation...it's lazy developers...lol.

Like anyone is really going to be able to tell the difference between a game that is 1080p natively and one that is 900p up-scaled to 1080p..lol.

#93 Edited by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@tonitorsi said:

@hippiesanta said:

@stationplay_4 said:

Sorry, I want to sing along with you guys.

#94 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

WeakBox One strikes again. I remember lems last gen claiming superiority with early multiplats winning with 100 extra pixels and 5fps boost on 360. Oh how they relished their victories despite the fact that PS3 exclusives outshined everything on 360. This gen PS4 multiplats and exclusives are running rings around their Xboned counterparts. Games on PS4 are running with double the resolution and sometimes double the framerate with extra effects thrown on top. BF4 is the only 900p game on PS4 meanwhile XBone is a plethora of 720p and 900p games with the occasional 1080p Kinect title or Forza. Oh how the times have changed for lems. Karma really is a bitch, no wonder they are butthurt all the time lol.

#95 Posted by xxyetixx (1296 posts) -

Um you'll have to wait till the game comes out to really judge it. If X1 is 900p with a solid steady framerate that's great. But what if the PS4 is again sacrificing framerate to get that coveted 1080p that everyone cares about now for some reason

#96 Posted by lundy86_4 (43514 posts) -

@tormentos said:

Oh please dude stop your damage control we all know what Blackace mean by that...lol

Play dumb..

Right. You misunderstood... Not my fault.

#97 Posted by tormentos (18297 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Like you fool cows can tell the difference. You were duped into thinking KZ was 1080p in multiplayer this whole time and also told that CoD was 1080p during that DF review.

SMH. All along they weren't. Cows don't know dick.

lol Killzone SF look so great that even DF believe it was 1080p online..hahaha

That sort of thing doesn't happen with xbox one games,also the game is 1080p offline.

@tdkmillsy said:

Another game 900p Xbox One, PS4 1080p.

If the game was that poor the PS4 would be higher than 1080p.

This is the standard going forward and there is nothing between the resolutions beyond 4 Feet.

Get a grip guys.

PS4 will have 1080p games, Xbox One will have 900p games. Well done PS4, but it doesn't mean the Xbox One is a bad console. You want great resolution get a PC. You don't want a PC get a PS4 (for resolution), if you like what extras the Xbox One brings or the exclusive games get that.

If you are that bothered get a life.

There is no point in going higher than 1080p on PS4,console are mostly play on normal TV not PC monitors,the vast majority of TV are 1080p or lower.

#98 Posted by tormentos (18297 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@tormentos said:

Play dumb..

Right. You misunderstood... Not my fault.

No i didn't and he was wrong oh now the Witcher 3 is rumor to be 720p on xbox one,you know the Witcher was delay until 2015 right.?

http://kotaku.com/the-witcher-3-delayed-until-february-2015-1541407561

720p game on 2015 that doesn't go well with his argument which also claim 900p coming to an end as well by 2015..lol

#99 Posted by lundy86_4 (43514 posts) -

@tormentos said:

No i didn't and he was wrong oh now the Witcher 3 is rumor to be 720p on xbox one,you know the Witcher was delay until 2015 right.?

http://kotaku.com/the-witcher-3-delayed-until-february-2015-1541407561

720p game on 2015 that doesn't go well with his argument which also claim 900p coming to an end as well by 2015..lol

Po-ta-toes!

#100 Posted by 06 (932 posts) -

Will anyone really be able to tell the difference?