PS4 and Xbox One graphics disparity continues

• 97 results
#1 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

Trials Fusion runs at 1080p on PS4 and 900p on Xbox

Xboned once again.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/11/ps4-and-xbox-one-graphics-disparity-continues-trial-fusion-runs-at-1080p-on-sonys-box-and-900p-on-microsofts

#2 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

But BlackAce told me they had new dev kits !

#3 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1375 posts) -

How in the actual fuck can the X1 not run this game in 1080p? Its not graphically intensive in the slightest.

Inb4 blackace: "but the dx12 and sdk have not arrived yet. lol! All recently announced games are 1080p like Wolfenstein, Sniper elite 3, etc. Silly cow. lol!!!"

#4 Posted by jsmoke03 (12934 posts) -

im calling lazy devs on this one

#5 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie: "LOL all 5 games announced so far have been 1080p on the Xbox One!"

#6 Posted by stereointegrity (10731 posts) -

calling BS.. lems have been saying that the new kits would make it easy for 1080p on every xbox game

bullshit article is bullshit

#7 Posted by Shewgenja (9637 posts) -

This is impossible. ESRam and Cloud are too powerful.

#8 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

How in the actual fuck can the X1 not run this game in 1080p? Its not graphically intensive in the slightest.

Inb4 blackace: "but the dx12 and sdk have not arrived yet. lol! All recently announced games are 1080p like Wolfenstein, Sniper elite 3, etc. Silly cow. lol!!!"

simple. xbone is weak sauce and Trials is too graphically intensive.

#9 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10530 posts) -

Wow 2 threads about this....don't you guys have Infamous to play?

#10 Posted by clr84651 (5487 posts) -

It's apparent that MS put weaker hardware in the X1 than Sony did the PS4. Weaker memory and weaker GPU.

#11 Posted by clr84651 (5487 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

I finished it. It was a really good game.

#12 Posted by xhawk27 (7345 posts) -

Must not have the latest dev kits/drivers. The Crew is 1080p on the X1, a few others too.

#13 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10530 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I finished it. It was a really good game.

Cool, I will get around to it....still playing Titanfall

#14 Posted by stationplay_4 (443 posts) -

lol xbox one full of powah!

#15 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

LOL Xflop 720p continues to show why seating 2 miles from your TV is the optimal way to game.

#16 Posted by Evo_nine (1741 posts) -

What is trials fusion and why should i care about indie crap?

#17 Posted by mems_1224 (47289 posts) -

Cows not being able to read continues.

Old news is old.

#18 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42983 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

Trials Fusion is from the same developer that brought forth two amazingly well-received games.

Trials HD, and Trials Evolution.

#19 Edited by SolidTy (43862 posts) -

This was reported by Nike_Air in this thread hours ago. No sense in losing that conversation.

@Nike_Air said:

Resolutiongate continues ?

• Trials Fusion - 1080p on PS4
  • Trials Fusion - 900p on Xbone

http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/11/ps4-and-xbox-one-graphics-disparity-continues-trial-fusion-runs-at-1080p-on-sonys-box-and-900p-on-microsofts/

"That Trials game is a huge graphical showpiece, and they had old drivers and Xbone dev kits probably. It's no surprise that Trials is 900p on Xbone because of the cutting edge motocross graphics.

I think when Trials Fusion 2 comes out (2015?), that will be 1081p on Xbone I think."

- Some SW quote

#20 Posted by hoosier7 (3846 posts) -

@Evo_nine: It's the third Trials game, the previous two being two of the best selling XBLA games out there and for good reason.

#21 Posted by T-razor1 (1074 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

Must not have the latest dev kits/drivers. The Crew is 1080p on the X1, a few others too.

That being said... I mean it's Trials. What the heck is in a game like Trials that is stressing the system and preventing it from going another 180? I agree you will not be able to tell the difference but for me it's just the principle of the matter. Disappointing and somewhat annoying. Also not for nothing but with regards to The Crew at this point I'll believe it when I see it.

#22 Edited by MethodManFTW (25789 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

ubisoft is hella indie

#23 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

Xbox is way to weak

#24 Posted by clr84651 (5487 posts) -

If Sony can make the PS4 have better memory and better GPU for $400 MS should've been able to do it with the X1 also with Kinect at $500. There could be reasons why the X1 cost more for MS to make than meets the eye. I doubt we'll ever know why MS chose the RAM and GPU they did.

#25 Posted by silversix_ (14810 posts) -

How is it that the bone can't even handle such a simplistic game in 1080p? What a joke. Next time you know they're releasing Geometry Wars on X1 and its not even 1080p...

#26 Edited by blackace (20890 posts) -

@tyloss said:

They must have gotten their SDK kit late. How long have they been working on this game? Wolfenstein, Sniper Elite 3, Dying Light & Soul Suspect are all confirmed to be 1080P on XB1. There's really no reason that game should be 900P on any platform. Blame the developers. This is Ubisoft we're talking about. I'll probably still get it on the XB1 since the other 2 games I have on my XBox 360. It'll still look great nonetheless.

@I_can_haz said:

LOL Xflop 720p continues to show why seating 2 miles from your TV is the optimal way to game.

720P is pretty much done and over. By 2015 so will 900P. lol!! This is more a developer issue then a hardware issue. Devs haven't been able to figure out the XB1 yet. Same crap that happened with the PS3.

@T-razor1 said:

@xhawk27 said:

That being said... I mean it's Trials. What the heck is in a game like Trials that is stressing the system and preventing it from going another 180? I agree you will not be able to tell the difference but for me it's just the principle of the matter. Disappointing and somewhat annoying. Also not for nothing but with regards to The Crew at this point I'll believe it when I see it.

Well Knack drops to 14fps when playing that on the PS4. So, the same question could be asked of that. This is definitely a developer not know how to manipulate the hardware yet. Mark Cerny made Knack and the PS4 hardware, so I don't know what his excuse was.

#28 Posted by m3dude1 (1367 posts) -

the disparity is not going to get any smaller as the generations goes on.

#29 Edited by intotheminx (703 posts) -

What's pathetic is that you consolites are arguing about which system is better graphically....clearly you don't own a PC.

#31 Edited by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

But the fact is it's what 5 months in and people are still blaming the SDK.

#32 Posted by ZoomZoom2490 (3943 posts) -

Xbox900, lol

#33 Posted by lundy86_4 (43567 posts) -

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

Xbox900, lol

lolololololololOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

#34 Edited by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

Brought to you by Xbox One.

#35 Posted by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@Evo_nine said:

#36 Edited by kitty (114805 posts) -

I think this has more to do with fps than graphics as many seem to be making this out of a big issue.

#37 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14470 posts) -

Xbone can't even handle 2d/3d games. Sad.

#38 Posted by blamix99 (2067 posts) -

toinkz they did it again

#39 Edited by tyloss (829 posts) -

@blackace: thanks for reassuring me. Curious though, where'd you get your insider info that those devs and Ubisoft didn't get their dev kits yet/late when both Sniper Elite 3 (a game you listed) and this game are being published by the same company?

Edit:NVM

#40 Posted by m_machine024 (15020 posts) -

@Shewgenja: In the other locked thread, I meant more resolution wars threads. How many times have we seen PS4: 1080p vs XB1: 900p threads already? PS3 vs 360 threads use to be more than just resolution.

#41 Posted by tormentos (18378 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

Yeah and it has parity with PC just like NFS also had,that tell you why..lol

#42 Posted by Gatman32 (442 posts) -

Yet again, who cares.......

#43 Posted by tormentos (18378 posts) -
@blackace said:

@tyloss said:

They must have gotten their SDK kit late. How long have they been working on this game? Wolfenstein, Sniper Elite 3, Dying Light & Soul Suspect are all confirmed to be 1080P on XB1. There's really no reason that game should be 900P on any platform. Blame the developers. This is Ubisoft we're talking about. I'll probably still get it on the XB1 since the other 2 games I have on my XBox 360. It'll still look great nonetheless.

@I_can_haz said:

720P is pretty much done and over. By 2015 so will 900P. lol!! This is more a developer issue then a hardware issue. Devs haven't been able to figure out the XB1 yet. Same crap that happened with the PS3.

@T-razor1 said:

@xhawk27 said:

Well Knack drops to 14fps when playing that on the PS4. So, the same question could be asked of that. This is definitely a developer not know how to manipulate the hardware yet. Mark Cerny made Knack and the PS4 hardware, so I don't know what his excuse was.

MGS5 release 3 weeks ago and is 720p on xbox one,so is not over yet..

#44 Posted by lundy86_4 (43567 posts) -

@tormentos said:

Thus how blackace stipulated that it was "pretty much" over. Learn the nuances of the English language, dip.

#45 Posted by tormentos (18378 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@tormentos said:

Thus how blackace stipulated that it was "pretty much" over. Learn the nuances of the English language, dip.

He say done and over ass,the whole pretty much mean sh** when you are saying over and done.

When i say you are an idiot and some one else say pretty much yeah he is agreeing with me that you are.

Even so we all know blackace angle and we also know yours..:-)

#46 Edited by lundy86_4 (43567 posts) -

@tormentos said:

He say done and over ass,the whole pretty much mean sh** when you are saying over and done.

When i say you are an idiot and some one else say pretty much yeah he is agreeing with me that you are.

Even so we all know blackace angle and we also know yours..:-)

The fact that you cannot understand the English language is no reason to lash out at others. Sit back down, and simply learn the nuance.

You quoted blackace incorrectly, which was a shortcoming on your own part. Admit you misunderstood and move on.

#47 Edited by Shewgenja (9637 posts) -

Au contrair, it looks like the disparity is pretty much not over. So, what's there to apologize for? Another day, another sub-1080p XBone game. It's starting to go like clockwork.

#48 Posted by Spitfire-Six (523 posts) -

Just want to confirm that resolution is not equal to graphics....everyone knows this right ?

#49 Posted by Shewgenja (9637 posts) -

@m_machine024 said:

@Shewgenja: In the other locked thread, I meant more resolution wars threads. How many times have we seen PS4: 1080p vs XB1: 900p threads already? PS3 vs 360 threads use to be more than just resolution.

Ever heard the old PC gamer addage "there's no substitution for resolution"?

#50 Posted by xhawk27 (7345 posts) -

So I am not playing this game if I buy an X1 this summer. No way can I enjoy a game that has 50% less pixels. :|