PS4 Advanced Warfare Blocks Share Play

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Sorry if old.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-advanced-warfare-blocks-share-play/1100-6423403/

What do you think about this feature? Sounds sh*tty if it doesn't include every game.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I bet most publishers will do the same.....but I hope not.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@speedfog said:

Sorry if old.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-advanced-warfare-blocks-share-play/1100-6423403/

What do you think about this feature? Sounds sh*tty if it doesn't include every game.

It sucks and Sony better hope other publishers don't start following Activision in doing this for new games (or old games).

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

Share play is a great idea. But some big name publishers I know for sure will have some of their game's censored. Activision is just kicking it off,wait and see.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Not surprised. And Im sure other high profile multiplayer focused games will be the same.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

I can see this happening a lot with high profile games.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9  Edited By Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

This is a bad sign.

If any dev can block share play for their game, what is the point? No company wants to risk losing money because someone isn't going out and buying the game. If every person shares with a single person who doesn't buy it that is a lot of sales gone.

In the future, how many devs will end up supporting this? I love the concept, but it should be a standard that devs can't just opt out of, otherwise other devs will just follow suit.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

the SP is only 6 hours long, they probably don't want people to avoid paying for it so easily

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

They don't block sharing your games on Steam though.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@Desmonic said:

Well, Acti are the ones that look shitty in this picture.

From what I understand (though I am not 100% certain on this, so please correct me if need be) Sony gave devs the ability to "censor" some parts of their games, that they don't want to be used in this feature (or at least that was the idea). It happens that Acti decided to censor the entire game. Which is kind of a shitty move to pull. I'd get censoring the multiplayer, which is certainly their main concern here, but they could have at least left the SP available.

Sony will likely need to limit what can be censored in the future (ie, not the entire game for example) in order to not let the feature die.

yes i agree their strategy would seem less severe if they just censored the multiplayer section of the game.

but alas, activision, COD, i'm not surprised at all by this.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

just fucking great. now watch every Dev follow suit making this feature pointless.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I can see this happening a lot with high profile games.

Yup, which why it never would of worked with the Xbone either.

double_a73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 double_a73
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts

So in other words, this feature is well on its way to being useless?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blackace

@scottpsfan14 said:

It's because Activision are greedy pieces of shit. They don't want anyone being able to play multiple CoD matches without them getting a penny. It's that simple.

Well that's very true. It still doesn't dismisses Sony's announcement that ALL games will work with Play Share. They will need to retract that statement.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@speedfog said:

Sorry if old.

Publishers choice. Activision sux as I said many years ago.

Of course, this is expected. We can't expect every publisher to embrace Shareplay. Some devs/pubs will see Shareplay as a tool to promote their community and games, others will view Shareplay as something to avoid. COD is hot shit and makes ACTI $$$. I wish it wasn't, but it is. Personally, I'm looking forward to the series dying a fiery death.

It's the same reason why some publishers don't release demos anymore.

Acti doesn't want to lose sales on games. I remember they also blocked party chat in some previous CODs.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Shareplay just keeps sounding better...

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 speedfog

@Desmonic said:

Well, Acti are the ones that look shitty in this picture.

From what I understand (though I am not 100% certain on this, so please correct me if need be) Sony gave devs the ability to "censor" some parts of their games, that they don't want to be used in this feature (or at least that was the idea). It happens that Acti decided to censor the entire game. Which is kind of a shitty move to pull. I'd get censoring the multiplayer, which is certainly their main concern here, but they could have at least left the SP available.

Sony will likely need to limit what can be censored in the future (ie, not the entire game for example) in order to not let the feature die.

Yeah I also understand if they would not include a multiplayer for a second account. But indeed they could have atleast added a sp.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

I expect this to be a common move from EA/Activision. It's hard to blame them. It'll be nice to see anything Sony published keep the SharePlay.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blackace

Well Activision has come out with an explanation on why they blocked Share Play. It's not as bad as you think.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/here-s-why-activision-blocked-ps4-s-share-play-with-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare

"Share Play is a new feature that was introduced as part of the recent PS4 firmware 2.00 update. Our engineers didn’t have access to it before it launched, so we haven’t had a chance to evaluate it to see how it will impact the experience across all modes of play," Activision told us.

"Of course we wouldn’t include a feature in our game without having the chance to test it. Once we’ve fully analyzed its performance, we’ll determine how to support it going forward."

That is fine. I would rather they test it as well. My only issue is why didn't Sony give developers access to Share Play to begin with so they could test their games and decide what they want shown and what they don't? Why didn't 3rd party engineers have access to this before before it launched? That's my only issue.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

If I was a publisher and had the choice I would block it also. Only the first couple games will be looked down upon by some for blocking it but the more this pops up then it will change to Share Play looking worthless. If all publishers get the choice I think it will end up only Sony developers doing Share Play because they have to.

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

I mean I'm not surprised. Games developed my Sony will probably be the only ones that use this feature. Was a nice idea from Sony but premature.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

It's because Activision are greedy pieces of shit. They don't want anyone being able to play multiple CoD matches without them getting a penny. It's that simple.

why would any publisher want to lose sales? Share play benefits SONY and People who Buy the Ps4 for the publishers it means a potential loss in sales.

i know Activision are greedy anyway so i agree with you on that but you have to look at it from the publishers point of view, they are running a business that involves selling games, anything that costs them sales is bad for business as far as they are concerned, look at the huge deal they made over pre-owned games .

Expect other publishers to follow suit.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

@delta3074 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

why would any publisher want to lose sales? Share play benefits SONY and People who Buy the Ps4 for the publishers it means a potential loss in sales.

i know Activision are greedy anyway so i agree with you on that but you have to look at it from the publishers point of view, they are running a business that involves selling games, anything that costs them sales is bad for business as far as they are concerned, look at the huge deal they made over pre-owned games .

But one can see it under a different light.. if Share Play is set up in a way that lets you share play only Game X for a limited time (1 hour every session) & limited times (up to 5 times with same PSN contact/Friend) that might actually push sales..

Lets say I am not sure in getting COD:AW so a friend of mine uses Share Play and we have a few rounds online/coop.. I do that a couple of times and get hooked by the game, which makes me want to get the game... So there you go Share Play in that case would have been the deciding factor in making me buy the game..

What do you think?

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27 funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts

Sony should go back to duplicating instead of trying to innovate.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 delta3074

@Malta_1980 said:

@delta3074 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

But one can see it under a different light.. if Share Play is set up in a way that lets you share play only Game X for a limited time (1 hour every session) & limited times (up to 5 times with same PSN contact/Friend) that might actually push sales..

Lets say I am not sure in getting COD:AW so a friend of mine uses Share Play and we have a few rounds online/coop.. I do that a couple of times and get hooked by the game, which makes me want to get the game... So there you go Share Play in that case would have been the deciding factor in making me buy the game..

What do you think?

Thats sound logic from our point of view but even then it will probably end up costing them sales, not everyone who plays it on shareplay will want to buy it and if SONY implemented a system where you could only play it 5 times with each of your mates that would render the service virtually useless to people and they would not bother with it.

SONY should offer developers financial incentives to use the service, even if they paid Activision 10 pence every time someone used the service to play COD that Money would add up and eventually cover the cost of the game.

Shareplay is a brilliant concept , unfortunately it was never going to go down well with big money Publishers who will do anything to protect there investments and Profit Margins.

Makes me laugh really, we where all told growing up that it's cool to share with other people yet the Very nature of the World we live in appears to be completely against that concept.

SONY have tried to implement a lot of features that are really good for gamers on a budget like PSN+ which allows Poor gamers to be able too play the latest games without having to fork out full price for every game, it brings people into gaming that otherwise would not be able to game.

I get frustrated when i see things like this get Torn to pieces because it's bad for Gaming, the more Accessible gaming is to people the better it is for the industry and i feel that developers should Try harder to make gaming Accessible to People with Lower Expendable incomes.

i just hope this doesn't deter SONY from implementing such features in the future.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Lol. Cows thought they had a winning feature. I hear most 3rd party devs will be doing this.

Que up those indies boys.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

So Activision don't want more people trying their game and later buying it? That's nice.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Lol. Cows thought they had a winning feature. I hear most 3rd party devs will be doing this.

Your friend Tim makes up most of his bullshit, Justin.

@RR360DD said:

Just something else for you to beg Phil Spencer for, RR360OD.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

@delta3074: I couldn't agree with you more..

But you know what irritates me more than greedy Publishers, its actual gamers who laugh when an interesting concept/feature like this is introduced which is of 'benefit' to gamers simply cause its on a console they 'hate' (Seriously is that the message we want to send to Publishers??)

Let's just hope not all Publishers block Share Play and we end up with just Sony's 1st party exclusives making use of this feature.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FoxbatAlpha

@GrenadeLauncher said:

So Activision don't want more people trying their game and later buying it? That's nice.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Your friend Tim makes up most of his bullshit, Justin.

@RR360DD said:

Just something else for you to beg Phil Spencer for, RR360OD.

Why is that so hard to believe that most devs will not include this feature? The world is not all sunshine and rainbows. Do I need to get Rocky to remind you?

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Why is that so hard to believe that most devs will not include this feature? The world is not all sunshine and rainbows. Do I need to get Rocky to remind you?

Because right now only two games have done so despite publishers knowing that this feature has existed since August, and even then with one the official excuse is that they're testing it or some such guff.

This ranks with "Sony going bankrupt will save the Xbone" on the scale of lemming desperation.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

Well Activision has come out with an explanation on why they blocked Share Play. It's not as bad as you think.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/here-s-why-activision-blocked-ps4-s-share-play-with-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare

"Share Play is a new feature that was introduced as part of the recent PS4 firmware 2.00 update. Our engineers didn’t have access to it before it launched, so we haven’t had a chance to evaluate it to see how it will impact the experience across all modes of play," Activision told us.

"Of course we wouldn’t include a feature in our game without having the chance to test it. Once we’ve fully analyzed its performance, we’ll determine how to support it going forward."

That is fine. I would rather they test it as well. My only issue is why didn't Sony give developers access to Share Play to begin with so they could test their games and decide what they want shown and what they don't? Why didn't 3rd party engineers have access to this before before it launched? That's my only issue.

And you are a complete moron if you fall for that PR shit,they blocked simple because they don't want people who don't pay for the game to play it period Activision is a damn greedy developer..

Loading Video...

Shareplay work with Ghost which is a launch game but doesn't work with Advanced Warfare because Activision engineers could not have access to the feature..lol

I am sure Shareplay like Party chat was on 360 is a OS feature,which mean it is build to work with all games unless you block it,like Activision did with Party Chat in some modes for COD on 360.

So yeah they can use it regardless of their engineers seeing it or not,it was a decision to block it because of Activision greed,ruining a good feature because they want more dollars..

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Probably just timed to avoid it impacting potential sales (is probably their reasoning). Afterall SharePlay works fine with Destiny.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@CanYouDiglt said:

If I was a publisher and had the choice I would block it also. Only the first couple games will be looked down upon by some for blocking it but the more this pops up then it will change to Share Play looking worthless. If all publishers get the choice I think it will end up only Sony developers doing Share Play because they have to.

If this shit was on xbox one people like you would be saying how great MS is and how ahead the curve live was,you are from those who hype Party Chat to justify been rip off $60 last gen imagine a feature like this..lol

@Kingpin0114 said:

I mean I'm not surprised. Games developed my Sony will probably be the only ones that use this feature. Was a nice idea from Sony but premature.

Shareplay work with COD Ghost which is a launch game and doesn't work with AW because activision claim the feature was late Shareplay is a OS feature which mean unless you block it,it work with all games including old one,saying they didn't have access to the feature is a joke,Destiny,UFC,NBA 2015,Fifa,Madden all those games out support the feature even Activision own COD Ghost support the feature..hahahaha

@delta3074 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

WTF do you even care on a fu**ing time were we are charge even for freaking weapons and difference character colors you actually make an argument against playshare based on publishers sales.? WTF man i know you like the xbox but saying that is the most stupid anti consumer crap i ever heard here in a while,people like you use to say the same thing about PSN share because XBL didn't have something similar,but as soon MS talked about Family plan it was great to share games..hahaha

Then they should stop making PC games because piracy never stops and is higher than on any platform on the planet,come one dude it is a joke your argument..

@getyeryayasout said:

Even with a fast connection, there's plenty of lag with SharePlay. They probably don't want people's first impression of the game to be that of a herky-jerky lagfest.

COD is always a herky -jerky lagfest on both live and PSN is Activision horrible code.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Their statement made it sound like they had to add the feature themselves. If it's built in to the OS and works with any game then there is no reason for it being blocked other than they don't want people to share the game using the feature for free.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

This only makes publishers look like idiots. Nothing to do with Sony since it works out the gate, not their fault.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 delta3074

@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

WTF do you even care on a fu**ing time were we are charge even for freaking weapons and difference character colors you actually make an argument against playshare based on publishers sales.? WTF man i know you like the xbox but saying that is the most stupid anti consumer crap i ever heard here in a while,people like you use to say the same thing about PSN share because XBL didn't have something similar,but as soon MS talked about Family plan it was great to share games..hahaha

Then they should stop making PC games because piracy never stops and is higher than on any platform on the planet,come one dude it is a joke your argument..

i suggest you wind your neck in mate and read my later statements, i think share play is actually a good feature and i am not arguing in Favour of the publishers, just stating it the way it is, from a publishers point of view this means a loss in sales and they will do everything to Protect there investment.

Secondly, i don't even know what Family plan is on the xbox and nor do i care so i think you got me confused with somebody else.

All i stated is that Microsoft had something similar on the xbone and that sharing games is not a new concept.

Why don't you pull your head from your backside and read the rest of the thread and read the rest of what i wrote before throwing your toys out of the Pram next time

'Shareplay is a brilliant concept , unfortunately it was never going to go down well with big money Publishers who will do anything to protect there investments and Profit Margins.

Makes me laugh really, we where all told growing up that it's cool to share with other people yet the Very nature of the World we live in appears to be completely against that concept.

SONY have tried to implement a lot of features that are really good for gamers on a budget like PSN+ which allows Poor gamers to be able too play the latest games without having to fork out full price for every game, it brings people into gaming that otherwise would not be able to game.

I get frustrated when i see things like this get Torn to pieces because it's bad for Gaming, the more Accessible gaming is to people the better it is for the industry and i feel that developers should Try harder to make gaming Accessible to People with Lower Expendable incomes.

i just hope this doesn't deter SONY from implementing such features in the future.'

MY WORDS DUDE, NOW SHUT THE **** UP.

'Shareplay is a brilliant concept'

TORMENTOS=Knee jerk reaction king,lol

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FoxbatAlpha

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Because right now only two games have done so despite publishers knowing that this feature has existed since August, and even then with one the official excuse is that they're testing it or some such guff.

This ranks with "Sony going bankrupt will save the Xbone" on the scale of lemming desperation.

You are not right about a lot of things but you nailed Sony going bankrupt. Fucking nailed it.

Order a Pint on me ole chap!

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@speedfog said:

Sorry if old.

Share Play is only playing splitscreen game's story mode across the web with someone else. You can't play multi-player online with it. I would think CoD would want that to entice others to buy the game.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@clr84651 said:

@speedfog said:

Sorry if old.

Share Play is only playing splitscreen game's story mode across the web with someone else. You can't play multi-player online with it. I would think CoD would want that to entice others to buy the game.

That is not Share play's only function, and it seems that all gameplay from Advanced Warfare is blocked

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 speedfog

@clr84651 said:

@speedfog said:

Sorry if old.

Atleast something would have made it better.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts
@FoxbatAlpha said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

You are not right about a lot of things but you nailed Sony going bankrupt. Fucking nailed it.

Order a Pint on me ole chap!

Ten pints of GTFO.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

It seems it is more games

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-06-not-all-games-are-on-board-with-ps4-share-play

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#48 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Apparently Ghosts wasn't working with it, yet it worked for some users?

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

It's up to the developer/publisher, not Sony. Blame Activision... and is anyone genuinely surprised that one of the most greedy publishers in gaming these days is blocking a share function?

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@double_a73 said:

So in other words, this feature is well on its way to being useless?

If its an EA or Activison game. You can bet you sweet ass those publishers will block the PS4's Share Play feature.

Sony first party games and minor Indie PSN games wont block it tho.