PS4 2.0 update broke Destiny? ( Bungie's fault...not 2.0 )

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Link

"It seems that a number of Destiny players are having problems logging into Destiny, with developer Bungie saying that it is aware of the issue and investigating.

With the 2.0 update releasing today, Destiny players on Reddit who are reporting that they’ve had problems since downloading the update are understandably speculating that it is the PS4′s 2.0 update that’s the source of the problem.

In fairness to Destiny, its been far more stable than a lot of online games released recently (see Driveclub and Battlefield 4), so we’re not going to get upset about it.

Let’s hope that whatever issue is being caused for Destiny by the PS4′s 2.0 update, it’s fixed soon".

How is PSN better than XBL again? Lol

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Link

"It seems that a number of Destiny players are having problems logging into Destiny, with developer Bungie saying that it is aware of the issue and investigating.

With the 2.0 update releasing today, Destiny players on Reddit who are reporting that they’ve had problems since downloading the update are understandably speculating that it is the PS4′s 2.0 update that’s the source of the problem.

In fairness to Destiny, its been far more stable than a lot of online games released recently (see Driveclub and Battlefield 4), so we’re not going to get upset about it.

Let’s hope that whatever issue is being caused for Destiny by the PS4′s 2.0 update, it’s fixed soon".

You're asking that question without knowing what caused the issue.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chikenfriedrice

@Chutebox said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Link

Either way there is still a problem....and with all the other issues lately. The question begs to be asked.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Haven't played Destiny in a while so I couldn't say. But the truth will come out eventually.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chutebox

@chikenfriedrice:

What issues? Drive club isn't a PSN issue. I'm not sure if Sing Star is. Not playing coy, I honestly don't know. And we don't know about this.

Not saying XBL isn't better. I mean, devs have the option of dedicated servers. So it's not really up to debate. But nothing above means anything.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Bungie already fixed the issue.. it was a Destiny server thing and not related to the PS4 update at all

Destiny servers sure are getting really bad lately, i was kicked off the server when i was playing Vault of Glass last night -_-

seriously where did the 500 million dollar budget go to?

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/10/28/psa-destiny-sign-in-issues-on-ps4/

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By chikenfriedrice
@finalstar2007 said:

Bungie already fixed the issue.. it was a Destiny server thing and not related to the PS4 update at all

Destiny servers sure are getting really bad lately, i was kicked off the server when i was playing Vault of Glass last night -_-

Ahhh good....I haven't downloaded the 2.0 update yet and it's always good to check for issues beforehand, glad the update is fine.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:
@finalstar2007 said:

Ahhh good....I haven't downloaded the 2.0 update yet and it's always good to check for issues beforehand, glad the update is fine.

I dont have Destiny, but I always wait a week or so for an update(if possible) to avoid stuff like this on both consoles.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Sony has sank to a new low. Blaming everyone else for their problems.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

I banged my head earlier today. I blame PSN.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@Chutebox said:

@chikenfriedrice:

What issues? Drive club isn't a PSN issue. I'm not sure if Sing Star is. Not playing coy, I honestly don't know. And we don't know about this.

Not saying XBL isn't better. I mean, devs have the option of dedicated servers. So it's not really up to debate. But nothing above means anything.

I'm glad you admit XBL is better :P but this is much to do about nothing since it's not a PSN issue lol.

I am still pissed about the PS+ version of DC though...gamers were lied to.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22673 Posts

@finalstar2007: do you have a 6 man crew for that? Hit me up if you want to tackle it sometime.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@GrenadeLauncher said:

You don't have to get that upset about PSN server issues....you need to retain all the brain cells possible.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

So....I couldn't log into Destiny....and typed "Playstation support" clicked the link....saw the 2nd or 3rd post that said "fixed"....went to my PS4....followed the loooooooooong amount of steps which was "log out of PSN.....then log in manually"....and everything was fine.

Apparently....crying and whining children need to focus on simple things to fix a problem....instead of crying and whining.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

You don't have to get that upset about PSN server issues....you need to retain all the brain cells possible.

I figure if I bang my head enough times I might be able to join the ranks of the lems and take the Xbone seriously.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chutebox

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Chutebox said:

@chikenfriedrice:

I'm glad you admit XBL is better :P but this is much to do about nothing since it's not a PSN issue lol.

Ya, **** Evolution. If they don't compensate us somehow never touching anything from them ever again.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@finalstar2007: do you have a 6 man crew for that? Hit me up if you want to tackle it sometime.

I'll definitely invite you for the next time i play Vault of Glass since my team is always 1 person short for the Raid.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:
@finalstar2007 said:

Owned... thread destroy.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Link

Don't bother with him. Xbox fanboys are the worst. Still living in the 360 days. They won't admit PSN is a good network for anything. Let him live in his fantasy world as PS4 outsells Xbox One 2 to 1.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chikenfriedrice

@Chutebox said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Chutebox said:

@chikenfriedrice:

Ya, **** Evolution. If they don't compensate us somehow never touching anything from them ever again.

I finally paid for PS+ just to check this game out and yeah didn't turn out to well for me lol

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@TheEroica: you mean 4 man crew.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

Nothing interesting on destiny anyways.

Wow the new update is just the Atheon fix... Well gg casuals have fun trying to do the raid with people who have no idea on how to beat him legit.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chikenfriedrice

@tormentos said:

@chikenfriedrice said:
@finalstar2007 said:

Owned... thread destroy.

No ownage....just posted a report from Play Magazine. I'm glad the update didn't **** shit up. I will DL it tonight, after I play some Sunset Overdrive.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

So....I couldn't log into Destiny....and typed "Playstation support" clicked the link....saw the 2nd or 3rd post that said "fixed"....went to my PS4....followed the loooooooooong amount of steps which was "log out of PSN.....then log in manually"....and everything was fine.

Apparently....crying and whining children need to focus on simple things to fix a problem....instead of crying and whining.

^This
It's easier to come to forums to whine and complain. That's pretty much what SW is. Kids complaining and crying about various things because they have nothing better to do. That's the gist of this forum.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#26  Edited By kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Sony has such trash onlin good lord, always some kind of issue. Rarely played my ps2 or ps3 online cuz psn sucks. Now lots of issues with psn during ps4's start, this just sucks. Get it together sony. If you play online games on steam or xbox live aswell as psn you will know that psn is WAY behind steam and xbox live.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chikenfriedrice

@Sagemode87 said:

@Chutebox said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Link

Don't bother with him. Xbox fanboys are the worst. Still living in the 360 days. They won't admit PSN is a good network for anything. Let him live in his fantasy world as PS4 outsells Xbox One 2 to 1.

Enjoy those sales lol

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

Link

i couldnt sign on with other multi player games so im saying its sony and their team of geniuses

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

That's cool Bungie is trying to take the blame away from the PS4 and PSN over this mess but DriveClub and Sing Star are having ongoing PSN problems right now right, so nice try Bungie we know what the problem really is.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Chutebox said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Link

Either way there is still a problem....and with all the other issues lately. The question begs to be asked.

I didn't know people actually thought PSN was better than XBL. Just that it is cheaper.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chikenfriedrice

@StormyJoe: Some do....some actually do.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/ps-beats-xbox-live-hands-down-shareplay-31651073/#83

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@chikenfriedrice:

Why do you keep heaping the blame of a Sony OWNED first party studio on the developer?

Who's really at blame.... the owner of said company..... or the employee.

Guess what bro... If you own something... you OWN it all.

Sony is their boss and managers.... The question we should be asking is, Why is evolution taking the brunt of the blame?

Would Turn10 be at fault if they launched in such shape?

Point fingers at the employees... not the boss that is in charge of those employees?

If one of my employees burns down a house.... It's their fault?

No it's not. I hired the guy and my insurance would settle the claim. The fault would be on me.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Wow the B4X meltdown is starting early today

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By B4X

@lostrib said:

Wow the B4X meltdown is starting early today

You know it's true. If you blew up the lab... Is it your fault in the end.. or would the blame go onto the company.

Would the headline say lostrib blew the **** out of that shit. :P

When a Wal-mart employee nearly killed Tracy Morgan... Do you even know the driver of the trucks name that hit him?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lostrib

@b4x: Choo Choo all aboard the B4X crazy train, next stop meltdown

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 B4X

@lostrib said:

That's what I thought. You know better to challenge the facts.

Have a great day. :p

Don't mess up at work... I hate to see you as a headliner.

Said no news article ever.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Chutebox

@lostrib said:

Wow the B4X meltdown is starting early today.

Ya, I don't have the patience for it today lol.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lostrib

@b4x: I'm going to be honest....I didn't actually read what you posted

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By tormentos

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

Soooooooooooooooooo...

This ^^ is MS fault.?

720p Killer Instinct .?

720p MGS5.

720p Ghost.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lostrib

@tormentos said:

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

Soooooooooooooooooo...

This ^^ is MS fault.?

720p Killer Instinct .?

720p MGS5.

720p Ghost.

well they don't own the last two

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tormentos
@lostrib said:

Neither walmart owned the trucker who almost killed Tracy Morgan...hahaha

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I've been playing all morning with no problems. Everyone is running around with pumpkin heads lol.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

I've been playing all morning with no problems. Everyone is running around with pumpkin heads lol.

And here I am just waiting till they are discontinued and trading gets implemented...

wave2:colour5: Selling rare Jackolytes!! 2014 Halloween rares~~~~~

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Had about 10 Monkey error KTO's earlier on while starting a VoG run, but it seems to be better now.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By B4X

@tormentos said:
@lostrib said:

Do you know the truckers name?

Evolution = Trucker..... Wal-mart = Sony.

You are so fucking stupid. Who is Tracy Morgan going to sue.... The Trucker or Wal-mart?

If you answer that question with Wal-mart... How is Sony not at fault for evolutions... mistakes.

Wal-mart owned the truck the trucker was driving.... Sony owns evolution. Why is it Evolutions fault?

For one, why is a first party developer.... guys that code games even touching the servers in the first place?

Spin it bitch...

If Halo: MCC comes out with server issues.... If you mention Microsoft one time you're an idiot by your assessment of this situation between Evolution and Sony.

You better ONLY mention 343i...

Why the **** are you posting resolutions of 3rd party games.... Killer Instinct is 900p now.

Why do you squirm and spin like a **** for Sony?

3 weeks.... The servers are still fucked for DC. "But the 720p launch games." Really dude... That's your argument?

You're just beyond reach.

bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bloodlust_101
Member since 2003 • 2764 Posts

@b4x said:

You are so fucking stupid. Who is Tracy Morgan going to sue.... The Trucker or Wal-mart?

If you answer that question with Wal-mart... How is Sony not at fault for evolutions... mistakes.

Wal-mart owned the truck the trucker was driving.... Sony owns evolution. Why is it Evolutions fault?

For one, why is a first party developer.... guys that code games even touching the servers in the first place?

Spin it bitch...

If Halo: MCC comes out with server issues.... If you mention Microsoft one time you're an idiot by your assessment of this situation between Evolution and Sony.

You better ONLY mention 343i...

Why the **** are you posting resolutions of 3rd party games.... Killer Instinct is 900p now.

Why do you squirm and spin like a **** for Sony?

3 weeks.... The servers are still fucked for DC. "But the 720p launch games." Really dude... That's your argument?

You're just beyond reach.

Walmart didn't hit Tracy, the truck driver did. He is just protected by Walmart as an employee.

Recap: Walmart didn't hit Tracy - the trucker did. If an American imports drugs to Canada, does America go to jail, or does the drug mule?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lostrib

@b4x said:

@tormentos said:
@lostrib said:

Well that has more to do with who you're going to get money from

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By B4X

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@tormentos said:
@lostrib said:

Wal-Mart employed the Man / woman. Wal-Mart holds 100% responsibility for his or her actions as their employee. He is an extension of Wal-Mart. He is Wal-Mart.

As for this fucking idiot talking about Drug mules and the United States..

My god..........

bloodlust_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bloodlust_101
Member since 2003 • 2764 Posts

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@tormentos said:
@lostrib said:

Wal-Mart employed the Man / woman. Wal-Mart holds 100% responsibility for his or her actions as their employee. He is an extension of Wal-Mart. He is Wal-Mart.

As for this fucking idiot talking about Drug mules and the United States..

My god..........

No need to melt down and attack other people - you are acting childish. Relax, calm down, go for a walk, maybe take some time off system wars?

Does America not hold responsibility for it's citizens? Let's zoom in a little, if somebody slips and falls on your property, are you or the city to blame?

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Bungie messed up for a few hours in the middle of a tuesday afternoon eastern time (tues morning pacific).

This is a huge tragedy...

Gotta love the system wars drama over this.