£349.99 XB1 with Destiny and Halo: Master Chief Collection

#1 Posted by tymeservesfate (2184 posts) -

UK ALL DAY :D

great deal for the UK imo...especially the updated deal added to the article. two of the year's biggest releases bundled together with a next gen console at a discounted price. hope a lot of people take advantage of this offer.

http://www.totalxbox.com/80916/look-an-xbox-one-with-destiny-and-halo-the-master-chief-collection-for-pound34999/

---Update - Did I say it was online only? According to Bezza, you can get it in store. For cheaper.

"Actually Ed it's available in store too, and you can trade in an Xbox 360 Slim and any five games and get it for £229.99. I know this because I'm doing this :D"---

Can't get enough of Bungie? So utterly in love with the studio that you'd like to cram every waking moment with their games from now till, oh, the end of 2015? Haven't bought an Xbox One yet? Friend, this UK-only GAME bundle could be for you.

Priced at £349.99, it includes Halo: The Master Chief Collection - a remastered compilation of Bungie's three numbered Halo games plus 343's Halo 4 - and the forthcoming Destiny, which launches next week. Fun fact: the Master Chief Collection comprises over 45 hours of campaign time, plus over a hundred multiplayer maps.

Destiny, meanwhile, is an always-online universe that's purportedly designed to be played and explored for years. Don't bother clearing your diary - if you're taking advantage of this, you'll need a sarcophagus with its own air supply, an Ethernet cable and about 10000 tins of baked beans.

This offer runs till Monday 15th September 2014, and is available online only. Sold?

---Update - Did I say it was online only? According to Bezza, you can get it in store. For cheaper.

"Actually Ed it's available in store too, and you can trade in an Xbox 360 Slim and any five games and get it for £229.99. I know this because I'm doing this :D"---

#2 Posted by Blabadon (27651 posts) -

That's a damn fine deal

#3 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25989 posts) -

That's a neat deal, If I was British.

#4 Posted by Bishop1310 (1145 posts) -

Wow good for the UK. aweosme deal.

#5 Posted by speedfog (3326 posts) -

Awesome

#6 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5853 posts) -

That would be a must-buy if I had a mental disorder.

#7 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (5802 posts) -

thank tc thats actually a really good deal. if it had titanfall instead of destiny i would seriously jump on it right now. is the master chief collection the digital version? i want a physical copy fuck digital

edit: i think its a physical copy of halo but man destiny i dont want that shit. put in titanfall and lower the price a bit because titanfall has been out for a while and i will buy that shit instantly

#9 Edited by scottpsfan14 (6126 posts) -

http://www.very.co.uk/playstation-4-500gb-console-with-destiny-and-optional-3-or-12-months-playstation-plus/1423211590.prd?aff=google&affsrc=acquisition&cm_mmc=google-_-PLA%20-%20Toys%20&%20Games-_-Toys%20&%20Games%20-%20Gaming%20-%20PS4%20-%20Generic-_-NA&kpid=4KXFN

Same for PS4. EXPOSED

Edit: Didn't read OP. I'm a stupid idiot. I'm the EXPOSED :(

Getting that shit actually. That's absolutely off the charts!!

#10 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5853 posts) -

@Stringerboy said:
@GrenadeLauncher said:

That would be a must-buy if I had a mental disorder.

Looks like a must buy for you then.

Zing!

#11 Posted by 2Chalupas (5233 posts) -

I'd buy this bundle for $349.99 USD.

#12 Posted by bigblunt537 (6871 posts) -

That's an awesome deal. I'd pick that up of I lived there lol

#13 Posted by tymeservesfate (2184 posts) -

yea, the deal is amazing. well worth the purchase. i never expected a bundle with both these games in it. they're literally giving people 5 games with the system...plus a discount lol. good for you UK.

#14 Posted by farrell2k (6675 posts) -

Holy shit. Microsoft is even more desperate than Nintendo!

#15 Posted by Basinboy (11326 posts) -

Wow. That's a hell of an offer, especially if you trade in.

You also have to pretty oblivious to the way the world works to think X1 is in a good position at the moment.

#16 Edited by Heil68 (46127 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

Holy shit. Microsoft is even more desperate than Nintendo!

#17 Posted by Liquid_ (2885 posts) -

doesn't that equate to 550$ usd?

not a good deal m8

#18 Posted by tymeservesfate (2184 posts) -

@Liquid_ said:

not a good deal m8

I dont know how the monetary value works out but a 5 game bundle is a nice deal no matter how u spin it. not to mention that the Halo MCC comes with Nightfall and the Halo 5 beta access code...u'd have to be silly in the head not to see that value.

#19 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (8799 posts) -

So much jelly from cows and sheep.

#20 Edited by Pray_to_me (2956 posts) -

Massive Queef collection lol. Too bad the Xbone is DoA, anyone who buys this is getting ripped off lol!

#21 Posted by Ross_the_Boss6 (2784 posts) -

Nice, already got an X1, but that'll help beef up the community for Destiny.

#22 Posted by KungfuKitten (21284 posts) -

Still hella expensive... WTF are you guys smoking.
Those aren't dollars... It doesn't include gold for life.

#23 Posted by Mystery_Writer (8022 posts) -

It honestly makes me happy seeing X1 flopping and how desperate MS is trying to revive it.

And it's not because I like PS4 better either. It just feels right seeing an arrogant out-of-touch anti-consumer company gets a beating (like Sony did with their PS3 last gen and Nintendo with their WiiU this gen)

#24 Edited by Liquid_ (2885 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@Liquid_ said:

not a good deal m8

I dont know how the monetary value works out but a 5 game bundle is a nice deal no matter how u spin it. not to mention that the Halo MCC comes with Nightfall and the Halo 5 beta access code...u'd have to be silly in the head not to see that value.

i really dont. 5 game franchise that all hit 9.99 or below. the only thing appealing is destiny which is valued at 60$. not 150$

#25 Posted by sukraj (23441 posts) -

that is a good deal if I say so myself.

#26 Edited by tormentos (19277 posts) -

That desperation the company who use to give sh** to gamers and charged them for even netflix now give its biggest game free..lol

MS is really really desperate for sales...lol

#27 Posted by foxhound_fox (89833 posts) -

Why anyone would trade their 360 in is beyond me. It's like people are saying: "Sure! I'll pay a second time for all the games I already own!"

I know cows love the idea of it, but this is the reason why we can't have nice things anymore.

#28 Posted by foxhound_fox (89833 posts) -
@Liquid_ said:

not a good deal m8

$564.92 USD

But that's not how conversions in different markets work. It's based on cost of living, the certain area's economic strength (the US is terrible compared to other places), import costs/tax levees and other factors.

It's why buying games in Australia is always a pain in the ass for residents there. $300 AUD is $280 USD, but games cost $120 AUD or more. Again, other factors at play here. Direct conversions based on the value of money is not a reasonable thing to consider.

#30 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (2937 posts) -

Good deal. The Xbone launched at £429 in the UK with either Fifa or Forza (plus Kinect), games are £40 so this puts it in 360 territory (£279 at launch) if you want the games.

#31 Posted by clyde46 (46997 posts) -

@Liquid_ said:

not a good deal m8

Doesn't work like that. Given the dollar sucks compared to Sterling at the moment and we pay 20% VAT which is included in the price. Direct currency conversion does not work.

#32 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

LOL, if I was looking into getting an Xbox One I would wait for another price drop or bigger bundle. Seems every month or so you get a new deal.