PS3 will outsell Wii in Japan for 2009 according tp Famitsu numbers.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

The Hardware sold in Japan From 04th Jan 2009 to 24th Oct 2009 :

Wii : 1,012,924

PS3 :1,006,810

360 :284,943

So probably by next week PS3 will be outselling Wii for the first time since both consoles launched in Japan CONGRATULATIONS! Sony it only took you 3 years xD.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3349 Posts

well wii is still on top ATM. :P

Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Shattered007
Member since 2007 • 3139 Posts

It is the best system ever made. No suprise here!

:P

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kashiwaba

___gamemaster__

This week = Tekken 6 + Bayonetta for PS3 and the estimate PS3 to outsell Wii for about 20k+.

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

___gamemaster__

That's exactly what I was thinking, PS3 had its moment of winning a few months ago, but ever since Monster Hunter 3's release the Wii has been on top, out selling the PS3 2-1. So yeah too bad for TC I guess :P.

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 St_muscat

[QUOTE="___gamemaster__"]

Kashiwaba

This week = Tekken 6 + Bayonetta for PS3 and the estimate PS3 to outsell Wii for about 20k+.

Both are multiple platform games and if SF4 sales in Japan are anything to by then the PS3 will only outsell the Wii for this week only, maybe next at most.

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
I can see that happening since ff13 is due next month in japan. and LOL at 360 numbers. I thought it would be higher than that.
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

[QUOTE="___gamemaster__"]

St_muscat

Both are multiple platform games and if SF4 sales in Japan are anything to by then the PS3 will only outsell the Wii for this week only, maybe next at most.

Hello Buddy PS3 been outselling Wii since Sept till now without any software and Takken 6 Sold 70k first day, Bayonetta 95k first day.

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts
I can see that happening since ff13 is due next month in japan. and LOL at 360 numbers. I thought it would be higher than that.SilverChimera
LOL I thought the same thing.
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
Well the PS3 has FF13 coming soon, and the Wii has Super Mario Bros Wii also coming soon... I don't know what's going to happen.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

Famitsu numbers are unreliable. They're just estimates and are often wrong.

Edit: Wow, I didn't realize that the numbers were so close! the PS3 has the chance of outselling hte Wii for the entire year if it does well enough!

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
Sony is golden. Keep it up.
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tagyhag

Edit: Wow, I didn't realize that the numbers were so close! the PS3 has the chance of outselling hte Wii for the entire year if it does well enough!

hakanakumono
But Famitsu numbers are unreliable, they're just estimates and are often wrong. :P
St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 St_muscat

[QUOTE="St_muscat"]

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

Kashiwaba

Hello Buddy PS3 been outselling Wii since Sept till now without any software and Takken 6 Sold 70k first day, Bayonetta 95k first day.

Wanna prove that, because Vgchartz says otherwise (and yes I know I quoted Vgchartz). And also SF4 on PS3 sold about 85K on opening and right now (what a year down the track) its only sold 140K in Japan. So yeah a week or two at most, because both those games will drop to about 20K next week.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

[QUOTE="St_muscat"]

St_muscat

Wanna prove that, because Vgchartz says otherwise (and yes I know I quoted Vgchartz). And also SF4 on PS3 sold about 85K on opening and right now (what a year down the track) its only sold 140K in Japan. So yeah a week or two at most, because both those games will drop to about 20K next week.

If you want a prove then go check media create and Famitsu numbers since the start of Sept till now Vgcharts are not reliable at all.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

tagyhag

But Famitsu numbers are unreliable, they're just estimates and are often wrong. :P

Obviously, for the year totals I'm assuming that they're adding up corrections and not their original estimates.

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 St_muscat

[QUOTE="St_muscat"]

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

Kashiwaba

If you want a prove then go check media create and Famitsu numbers since the start of Sept till now Vgcharts are not reliable at all.

Wanna give me a link cos I can't be bothered looking them up at all :P. Anyway not surprised if Vgchartz was wrong, some of the mistakes they had are crazy as, I remember one time they had De Blob at selling 900K, yet THQ's offical number was about 580K.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tagyhag

[QUOTE="tagyhag"][QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

hakanakumono

Obviously, for the year totals I'm assuming that they're adding up corrections and not their original estimates.

Oh but of course ol' chap.3

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

the fad is over people

Syn_Valence

We're still calling the Wii a fad? :|

Shafftehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shafftehr
Member since 2008 • 2889 Posts

It is the best system ever made. No suprise here!

:P

Shattered007
Yeah... Barring a look at price and games, it's without a doubt the best system ever.
NinjaDuckling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NinjaDuckling
Member since 2009 • 965 Posts
Let's all play sales now.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Let's all play sales now.NinjaDuckling

well let PS3 fans enjoy playing sales too... hasnt it been the most mentioned game by 360/Wii fans in the past 3 years..apparently this game (Sales) has gone completely multiplatform and is now also available on PS3...

OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 OneLazyAsian
Member since 2009 • 1715 Posts

[QUOTE="NinjaDuckling"]Let's all play sales now.Malta_1980

well let PS3 fans enjoy playing sales too... hasnt it been the most mentioned game by 360/Wii fans in the past 3 years..apparently this game (Sales) has gone completely multiplatform and is now also available on PS3...

Going with the recent trends, this late multiplat must be filled with extras!!! :P

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

[QUOTE="Malta_1980"]

[QUOTE="NinjaDuckling"]Let's all play sales now.OneLazyAsian

Going with the recent trends, this late multiplat must be filled with extras!!! :P

yep it does :P

Bukowski81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bukowski81
Member since 2005 • 242 Posts

For the people that thinks the PS3 is going to outsell the wii this year in Japan, the wii is still getting a tales game, a mario game, a final fantasy game and a samurai warriors game this year on Japan.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hakanakumono

For the people that thinks the PS3 is going to outsell the wii this year in Japan, the wii is still getting a tales game, a mario game, a final fantasy game and a samurai warriors game this year on Japan.

Bukowski81

The Wii has a Final Fantasy side game. The PS3 has THE Final Fantasy game of this gen if not this decade.

Bukowski81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Bukowski81
Member since 2005 • 242 Posts

[QUOTE="Bukowski81"]

hakanakumono

The Wii has a Final Fantasy side game. The PS3 has THE Final Fantasy game of this gen if not this decade.

Mario alone will sell more.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="Bukowski81"]

Bukowski81

I'm not sure about that, but we're talking about what will push consoles. Final Fantasy will push the PS3 more than Mario the Wii.

jakarai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jakarai
Member since 2008 • 4289 Posts

[QUOTE="Syn_Valence"]

the fad is over people

Silverbond

We're still calling the Wii a fad? :|

Not after next week. :P
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="Bukowski81"]

Bukowski81

I agree mario is more famous than FF in Japan but the problem is all mario fans already got a Wii so it wont move many consoles unlike FFXIII

amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 amaneuvering
Member since 2009 • 4809 Posts

So probably by next week PS3 will be outselling Wii for the first time since both consoles launched in Japan CONGRATULATIONS! Sony it only took you 3 years xD.

Kashiwaba

Hmmm I'm not too sure...

I think the Wii might stay ahead over the next couple of months due to a few things like games such as Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus, New Super Mario Bros Wii, as well as there being the new black system.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

amaneuvering

Hmmm I'm not too sure...

I think the Wii might stay ahead over the next couple of months due to a few things like games such as Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit Plus, New Super Mario Bros Wii, as well as there being the new black system.

FFXIII is expected to move 100k+ consoles and I doubt any mari game can do that since I'm more than sure 90% of mario fans already bought a Wii.

amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 amaneuvering
Member since 2009 • 4809 Posts

[QUOTE="amaneuvering"]

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

Kashiwaba

Hmmm I'm not too sure...

FFXIII is expected to move 100k+ consoles and I doubt any mari game can do that since I'm more than sure 90% of mario fans already bought a Wii.

I'm more thinking that there will still likely be loads more "casuals" and "noobs" that will buy the Wii because of the games I mentioned and most likely more so than the few "handcore" gamers that will buy a PS3 for a FF game.

I may be wrong but I just see the Wii seeling more systems in general because of the handful of new casual games and the new colour which will likely appeal to the casuals out there who are still on the fence.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

[QUOTE="amaneuvering"]

Hmmm I'm not too sure...

amaneuvering

I'm more thinking that there will still likely be loads more "casuals" and "noobs" that will buy the Wii because of the games I mentioned and most likely more so than the few "handcore" gamers that will buy a PS3 for a FF game.

I may be wrong but I just see the Wii seeling more systems in general because of the handful of new casual games and the new colour which will likely appeal to the casuals out there who are still on the fence.

US and Japan are different things in Japan PS3 is already outselling Wii (by small mergin) even though both of them got price cut (Wii 20000 yen and PS3 30000 yen) and PS3 doesnt have any decent softwares.

Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

Read your numbes again. The PS3 is not out selling the Wii in Japan.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
FF13 in Dec means PS3 will definitely outsell Wii this year.
qewrewq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 qewrewq
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts

Burning-Sludge

it is outselling it on weekly basis, and if this continues, it might surpass the Wii's 2009 total in a few weeks.

jmdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jmdude
Member since 2007 • 2521 Posts

we'll see about that. The slim has made a big impact on the PS3 sales.

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#40 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

[QUOTE="Burning-Sludge"]

qewrewq

it is outselling it on weekly basis, and if this continues, it might surpass the Wii's 2009 total in a few weeks.

Link? where are you getting your facts from.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="Burning-Sludge"]

qewrewq

No need for few weeks this Week PS3 got Bayonetta and Tekken 6 Famitsu is estimating that PS3 will outsell Wii for 20k+ this week.

shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

FF13 wont do much.

You have to remember that it releases at the end of Decemeber So it only has around a week and a half to do something for the PS3s 09 sales.

Something i've noticed about hardware ales in Japan is that unlike NA, its not one HUGE spike that dies down the next week. It increases quite alot but then that increase continues on for 4-5 weeks.

So if the Wii can pull ahead quite abit before FF13 comes out, then i dont see the PS3 outselling it (i was also under the impression the PS3 was winning the year).

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="qewrewq"]

[QUOTE="Burning-Sludge"]

zarshack

this is last week Media create numbers

According to Media Create, here are the video game hardware sales data in Japan for the week ending on October 25th:

DSi 42,199
PSP 32,865
PS3 29,977
Wii 25,917
DS Lite 6,550
Xbox 360 4,470
PS2 1,951

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts
[QUOTE="amaneuvering"]

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

[QUOTE="amaneuvering"]

Hmmm I'm not too sure...

You really musnt know just how popular final fantasy in japan is then, casuals and hardcore gamers will be all over final fantasy 13 it's like the gta of japan
qewrewq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 qewrewq
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts

[QUOTE="qewrewq"]

[QUOTE="Burning-Sludge"]

zarshack

neogaf.

hashabnelah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hashabnelah
Member since 2009 • 347 Posts

FF13 wont do much.

You have to remember that it releases at the end of Decemeber So it only has around a week and a half to do something for the PS3s 09 sales.

shutdown_202

Final Fantasy XIII will be released on December 17 in Japan, which is a Thursday. It is within the week of Dec. 14 through the 20th. The sales week after that is Dec. 21st through the 27th. And after that is Dec. 28th through January 3rd, 2010.

Please note that the sales week starts on Monday and ends on Sunday. The recently-released PSP Go was released in Japan on a Sunday (final day), which means that its sales will be calculated for the week of October 26th through November 1st.

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

The plot thickens.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9161 Posts

hm.... looks like the ps3 is doing alright in japan... took a little while

it will hang in there with the wii, but its too late to catch up

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#49 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts
[QUOTE="tagyhag"][QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

As with any analyst.
shutdown_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 shutdown_202
Member since 2005 • 5649 Posts

[QUOTE="shutdown_202"]

FF13 wont do much.

hashabnelah

Final Fantasy XIII will be released on December 17 in Japan, which is a Thursday. It is within the week of Dec. 14 through the 20th. The sales week after that is Dec. 21st through the 27th. And after that is Dec. 28th through January 3rd, 2010.

Please note that the sales week starts on Monday and ends on Sunday. The recently-released PSP Go was released in Japan on a Sunday (final day), which means that its sales will be calculated for the week of October 26th through November 1st.

Ah yes thats right. I thought it was releasing at a later date.