PS3 Vs Xbox 360: GPU Specs

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 A-LEGEND
Member since 2006 • 1668 Posts
[QUOTE="A-LEGEND"][QUOTE="GnR-SLaSh"][QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

WHY IS THIS CONVERSATION EVEN HAPPENING? The 360 has always been the more powerful console when it comes to gaming and real world performance. people who are actually intelligent and dont bother with the "but but but itf you have teh theoreticalz" know this, have known this. you cows just dont shut the hell up for a change. Casey had to make a thread yesterday to put you children in your places with your over exagerated sales.

unreal48

The ignorance of your post and your listening to Casey just shows that you DON'T have both consoles, and like to think that you paid $300 for the *right* console..

pathetic argument

congratulations, you have just been added to my list of people who have a very very very skewed opinion towards a certain console, maybe youll think next time before you make a statement thats claims superiority of one console, each console has its flaws and you fail to see the 360's, and for that reason your opinion is null and void

again another idiotic comment trying to look intelligent. again pathetic and nothing to do with anything.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

By the sounds of it, you haven't even played Uncharted... I own both, PDZ does look good especially for its release date but just no... it's textures are not better.

D3monchicken

I only got to play it for a few minutes. It looked really impressive compared to most of the PS3 games I had seen. If you look at the textures from Uncharted standing normally like you would in game, they look significantly better (generally) than PDZ's, but up close PDZ has some amazingly detailed textures, that I'm sure would rival Uncharted's (so I guess I overexaggerated when I said they were "better" 2 years ago).
D3monchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 D3monchicken
Member since 2005 • 1270 Posts

[QUOTE="D3monchicken"]
By the sounds of it, you haven't even played Uncharted... I own both, PDZ does look good especially for its release date but just no... it's textures are not better.

Saturos3091

I only got to play it for a few minutes. It looked really impressive compared to most of the PS3 games I had seen. If you look at the textures from Uncharted standing normally like you would in game, they look significantly better (generally) than PDZ's, but up close PDZ has some amazingly detailed textures, that I'm sure would rival Uncharted's (so I guess I overexaggerated when I said they were "better" 2 years ago).

Well there ya go, i'd agree with the argument that SOME textures in PDZ rival Uncharted's textures. We all overexaggerate, even if we don't want to, somehow system wars lures us in and makes us into stupey heads :(

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 A-LEGEND
[QUOTE="D3monchicken"]

Saturos3091

but still when comparing textures it doesnt matter if one game is standing from far or close. if you want to compare texture resolution you should be right up to the wall with your face in the game. PDZ has it beat in every area of a comparison when concerning the "resolution". The problem many cows seem to have a hard time understanding is that PDZ's texture resolution will have any PS3 game beat ever released on that console because of RAM. but even then cows will start an argument about how 256+256 =512 therefore its the same. so thats where i just stop arguing. ebcause thats where the understanding stops for them.
A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 A-LEGEND

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"][QUOTE="D3monchicken"]

D3monchicken

Well there ya go, i'd agree with the argument that SOME textures in PDZ rival Uncharted's textures. We all overexaggerate, even if we don't want to, somehow system wars lures us in and makes us into stupey heads :(

*applaud* you just had an epiphany.

gamewhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 gamewhat
Member since 2007 • 926 Posts
Innovazero2000, I am not arguing the fact that RSX can't match Xenos. Example : if Xenos does nothing but textures then yes the RSX will lose no questions asked. Then again where would triangles be? There would be none and you would have a weird looking screen with textures. Yuck. So then again you would have to cut down on the textures considerably to bring in some triangles, but theres so much more that needs to be shared that you would see that both gpu's are evenly matched. Thats why the games look identical. Why is Uncharted so great looking compared to almost all 360 games? Because the cell has gpu like properties too. Say what you want but the PS3 is the superior choice for better looking games, and not by much. I do not care really because the games will look so much alike that you would have to severely nitpick the screen shots to tell them apart. Just have fun and enjoy the 360, it's a great or the best choice for games right now.
worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

this is an interesting thread

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 vaderhater
Member since 2003 • 3972 Posts

So 256 meg of the PS3's ram is slower than I always thought and 50megahertz slower than the 360's. But other than that I already knew the 360 had a GPU.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

According to these specs Crysis 2 should be pushing twice the polygon count through each frame on the X360, but it does'nt. It seems that the devs are learning new ways of using the Cell for graphical purposes for each new PS3 exclusive, like the MSAA on the Cell for example. Most multiplat is running smoother and has better graphics on the X360, but still they are struggling to compete with UC2, KZ2, and GOW3.

It will be interresting to see the PS3 exclusives after Crysis 2 is released, because we will most likely see a better looking game coming from Sony after that.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#60 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

this is an interesting thread

worknow222

Be that as it may, we would appreciate it if you wouldn't bump old threads.