PS3 Vs Xbox 360: GPU Specs

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

orrytur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 orrytur
Member since 2004 • 1682 Posts
Link: http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=19237
JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
This proves it.
niall077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 niall077
Member since 2006 • 1729 Posts
and yet uncharted still looks better then anything on any console today.
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts
Look at the date.
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
Look at the date.SOedipus
:lol::lol::lol: Thats funny:lol::lol::lol:
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts

and yet uncharted still looks better then anything on any console today.niall077

Thats comes from dev. talent however. I don't think anyone will argue that Sony has some ofthe most talented 1st/2nd party dev's in the world.

But naughty dog already stated the game could more then likely be done on the 360, just have to be rebuilt for the 360 archtecture. I believe it, I don't see anything in the game that couldn't be done on the 360. That being said it is a very good looking game with kickass animations.

NathanDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NathanDrake
Member since 2007 • 906 Posts

"June 2006"

Yea ok. I'm sure that this crap is right! The PS3 wasn't even out yet. And this shows that the PS3 is much weeker than the 360.

Maybe that explaines why Uncharted looks better than anything on the 360!

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 A-LEGEND
Member since 2006 • 1668 Posts

[QUOTE="SOedipus"]Look at the date.l-_-l

hardware changed noobs? stay in school.

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 A-LEGEND

"June 2006"

Yea ok. I'm sure that this crap is right! The PS3 wasn't even out yet. And this shows that the PS3 is much weeker than the 360.

Maybe that explaines why Uncharted looks better than anything on the 360!

NathanDrake

i personaly think mass effect is the best looking game on any console so far overall for its scale, and second there will be better looking games than that in the future. Its dev talent not console.

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 A-LEGEND

WHY IS THIS CONVERSATION EVEN HAPPENING? The 360 has always been the more powerful console when it comes to gaming and real world performance. people who are actually intelligent and dont bother with the "but but but itf you have teh theoreticalz" know this, have known this. you cows just dont shut the hell up for a change. Casey had to make a thread yesterday to put you children in your places with your over exagerated sales.

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts
Personally I think uncharted is overrated graphics wise. Has really bad textures. I like ME more.
Arsenal325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Arsenal325
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts

Personally I think uncharted is overrated graphics wise. Has really bad textures. I like ME more.jangojay

uncharted has bad textures? im guesing you play on a tiny sdtv or are just a lemming coming up with lies

Avatar image for CrimsonBlade360
CrimsonBlade360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CrimsonBlade360
Member since 2007 • 588 Posts
I dont get all the hype about uncharteds graphics, they are ok, nothing spectacular.
jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29838.html . If you think I'm a lem then lol. I just prefer ME's graphics.
amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 amorbis1001
Member since 2007 • 2281 Posts

and yet uncharted still looks better then anything on any console today.niall077

unchartered uses procedural texture alot not picture as much regular textures as say gears. procedural doent harness close to as much ram as rregular textures, but I dont think alot of cows know this.

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 A-LEGEND

[QUOTE="jangojay"]Personally I think uncharted is overrated graphics wise. Has really bad textures. I like ME more.Arsenal325

uncharted has bad textures? im guesing you play on a tiny sdtv or are just a lemming coming up with lies

i swear im going to cry with you cows. you dont even know how to check the resolution of a texture. you dontcheck it from a distance! you check it up CLOSE. half life 2 has great textures from a distance. second, thats off screen, textures look better in off-screen pictures than they really are, and third (oh your going to love this one), there has not been ONE PS3 game to date that has textures with the resolution of PDZ, and there never will be. im not talkign about graphics im talking about textures. and gears of war textures even rival PDZ's. so give it a rest, and pipe down.

Catastrophe123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Catastrophe123
Member since 2004 • 405 Posts

[QUOTE="niall077"]and yet uncharted still looks better then anything on any console today.amorbis1001

unchartered uses procedural texture alot not picture as much regular textures as say gears. procedural doent harness close to as much ram as rregular textures, but I dont think alot of cows know this.

Are you trying to sound smart or just plain.. I don't even wanna mention it.

Edit: Goddamn, i pressed quote while trying to edit, sorry for double post.

Catastrophe123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Catastrophe123
[QUOTE="amorbis1001"]

[QUOTE="niall077"]and yet uncharted still looks better then anything on any console today.Catastrophe123

Are you trying to sound smart or just plain.. i don't even wanna mention it.

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

[QUOTE="l-_-l"][QUOTE="SOedipus"]Look at the date.A-LEGEND

:| The PS3 wasnt even on sale in June 2006.
GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

I just get tired of these threads, HOW MANY TIMES:

X360 GPU > PS3 GPU

PS3 GPU+CPU > X360 GPU

Just get over it for god's sake.

GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

WHY IS THIS CONVERSATION EVEN HAPPENING? The 360 has always been the more powerful console when it comes to gaming and real world performance. people who are actually intelligent and dont bother with the "but but but itf you have teh theoreticalz" know this, have known this. you cows just dont shut the hell up for a change. Casey had to make a thread yesterday to put you children in your places with your over exagerated sales.

A-LEGEND

The ignorance of your post and your listening to Casey just shows that you DON'T have both consoles, and like to think that you paid $300 for the *right* console..

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 A-LEGEND
[QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

[QUOTE="l-_-l"][QUOTE="SOedipus"]Look at the date.EVOLV3

:| The PS3 wasnt even on sale in June 2006.

theres an update at the bottom of the page , it was even downgraded. READ.

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

X360 GPU > PS3 GPU

PS3 GPU+CPU > X360 GPU

GnR-SLaSh

there you go lem's, he even made it nice and easy to understand for you.

ps3 is more powerfull, games will look better. The guy who made this forum is a joke. comprende?

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 A-LEGEND

X360 GPU > PS3 GPU

PS3 GPU+CPU > X360 GPU

GnR-SLaSh

that maeks no sense and that doesnt exist. never did that is a myth invented by cows. i might as well say my 360 + gpu + CPU+ TV power + of radio frequencies in my house power= strongest GPU on the planet. that makes no damn sense. nobody needs to get over anything but you cows.

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 A-LEGEND
[QUOTE="GnR-SLaSh"]

X360 GPU > PS3 GPU

PS3 GPU+CPU > X360 GPU

NinjaMunkey01

there you go lem's, he even made it nice and easy to understand for you.

ps3 is more powerfull, games will look better. The guy who made this forum is a joke. comprende?

cows truly are the youngest gamers on this forum. you didnt understand any of it neither does he.

A-LEGEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 A-LEGEND
[QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

GnR-SLaSh

The ignorance of your post and your listening to Casey just shows that you DON'T have both consoles, and like to think that you paid $300 for the *right* console..

pathetic argument.

Catastrophe123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Catastrophe123

Not to mention the forum which the TC linked to is not even well known, and he didn't even mention where he got the info.

amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 amorbis1001
[QUOTE="amorbis1001"]

[QUOTE="niall077"]and yet uncharted still looks better then anything on any console today.R-Dot-Yung

Whats your point...

Uncharted still looks better, so kudos to Naughty Dog for using less Ram and making a better looking game

lol all these cows say unchartered and killzone cant be done on the 360, well basic 3d designers would know procedural textures if done right could give near realistic reasults. it doent takes alot of processing power too and there are alot of ps3 gaames that uses it, but ever great looking game one ps3 could look the same on 360, but 360 to ps3 doesnt work all the time the cuz games some games are extremely textured oriented on the 360, using all its ram.

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NinjaMunkey01

One problem is that the cell proccessor is under utilised, its difficlult to split game code, but its possible, and sony could be doing it with KZ2. Plus its all good and well saying the 360 is more powerfull, and even if it was. Which I still doubt. Where could it put all these lovely textures? DVD= 9gigs to play with. slight problem there. :roll:

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
[QUOTE="GnR-SLaSh"]

X360 GPU > PS3 GPU

PS3 GPU+CPU > X360 GPU

A-LEGEND

that maeks no sense and that doesnt exist. never did that is a myth invented by cows. i might as well say my 360 + gpu + CPU+ TV power + of radio frequencies in my house power= strongest GPU on the planet. that makes no damn sense. nobody needs to get over anything but you cows.

What he's trying to say is, PS3's CPU can do GPU functions. 360's cpu cant.
Catastrophe123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Catastrophe123
[QUOTE="R-Dot-Yung"][QUOTE="amorbis1001"]

[QUOTE="niall077"]and yet uncharted still looks better then anything on any console today.amorbis1001

Whats your point...

Uncharted still looks better, so kudos to Naughty Dog for using less Ram and making a better looking game

lol all these cows say unchartered and killzone cant be done on the 360, well basic 3d designers would know procedural textures if done right could give near realistic reasults. it doent takes alot of processing power too and there are alot of ps3 gaames that uses it, but ever great looking game one ps3 could look the same on 360, but 360 to ps3 doesnt work all the time the cuz games some games are extremely textured oriented on the 360, using all its ram.

Dude, wtf is wrong with you? Procedural textures USE THE SAME AMOUNT OF RAM AS NORMAL TEXTURES. All they do is reduce the amount of space which textures can take.

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NinjaMunkey01

TBH we will jsut have to see, its all good and well showing us those charts but as others have said it is not as simple as that, the cell proccessor is powerfull, but the 360 holds more data, or something.

We will just have to wait and see hich produces the best graphics.

they both have strong and weak points, maybe they are both capable of roughly the same amount? who knows.

amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 amorbis1001

Dude, wtf is wrong with you? Procedural textures USE THE SAME AMOUNT OF RAM AS NORMAL TEXTURES. All they do is reduce the amount of space which textures can take.

Catastrophe123

lawl, you dont know one thing huh, unchartered is heavy on bump mapping, and texture mapping, IT DOENT NEED ALOT OF RAM, it is processing sensitive, thas why ps3 devs it maybe due to the cell capability of floats. please I have been a 3d modeler for 5 years, and using procedural textures since day one I know what it is.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

[QUOTE="jangojay"]Personally I think uncharted is overrated graphics wise. Has really bad textures. I like ME more.Arsenal325

While impressive, PDZ had better textures, 2 years ago.
gamewhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gamewhat
Member since 2007 • 926 Posts
Why do you lems keep posting this biased junk that is out dated and very misleading? Shared architecture anyone? Thats exactly what the 360 does. Take the 500 million triangles per sec. That is only if the gpu does them and absolutely nothing else. That means no colors, and no textures. Pathetic damage control by the xbots.
Latinoheat47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Latinoheat47
Member since 2006 • 479 Posts

Sony has never released the official specs of the RSX.

/thread

Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Innovazero2000
[QUOTE="A-LEGEND"][QUOTE="GnR-SLaSh"]

X360 GPU > PS3 GPU

PS3 GPU+CPU > X360 GPU

Silenthps

What he's trying to say is, PS3's CPU can do GPU functions. 360's cpu cant.

False, Xenon does everything cell can do, Cell just does it quite a bit better, and because of the SPE's are in a much better position of helping it's GPU. Mainly in vertex/lighting situations.

Then again, in certain limited scenerios (example like vertex operations), RSX needs Cell's help because it can't match Xenos.

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts

"June 2006"

NathanDrake

The GPU the RSX was based on was already out though... in 2005. :|

D3monchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 D3monchicken
Member since 2005 • 1270 Posts
[QUOTE="Arsenal325"]

[QUOTE="jangojay"]Personally I think uncharted is overrated graphics wise. Has really bad textures. I like ME more.Saturos3091

Don't lie to yourself please.

Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Innovazero2000

Why do you lems keep posting this biased junk that is out dated and very misleading? Shared architecture anyone? Thats exactly what the 360 does. Take the 500 million triangles per sec. That is only if the gpu does them and absolutely nothing else. That means no colors, and no textures. Pathetic damage control by the xbots.gamewhat

It's not misleading, it's a known fact that Xenos is particually strong at triangle/vertex operations. Yes that might be peak, but RSX simply cannot match Xenos in that area...point blank.

unreal48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 unreal48
Member since 2007 • 580 Posts
[QUOTE="GnR-SLaSh"][QUOTE="A-LEGEND"]

A-LEGEND

pathetic argument

congratulations, you have just been added to my list of people who have a very very very skewed opinion towards a certain console, maybe youll think next time before you make a statement thats claims superiority of one console, each console has its flaws and you fail to see the 360's, and for that reason your opinion is null and void

Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Innovazero2000
[QUOTE="Saturos3091"][QUOTE="Arsenal325"]

[QUOTE="jangojay"]Personally I think uncharted is overrated graphics wise. Has really bad textures. I like ME more.D3monchicken

Both use 1024x1024 and 2048x2048. PDZ just used a lot of normal maps for it's textures, which allows the GPU to help and takes off some overhead from the ram.

Uncharted is more consistant in my opinion though.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
[QUOTE="Saturos3091"][QUOTE="Arsenal325"]

[QUOTE="jangojay"]Personally I think uncharted is overrated graphics wise. Has really bad textures. I like ME more.D3monchicken

I'm trying to find the thread. There were pics posted of PDZ's textures. Rare is amazing at creating textures, and models in general, although PDZ definately didn't live up to everyone's expectations.
D3monchicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 D3monchicken
Member since 2005 • 1270 Posts
[QUOTE="D3monchicken"][QUOTE="Saturos3091"][QUOTE="Arsenal325"]

[QUOTE="jangojay"]Personally I think uncharted is overrated graphics wise. Has really bad textures. I like ME more.Saturos3091

I'm trying to find the thread. There were pics posted of PDZ's textures. Rare is amazing at creating textures, and models in general, although PDZ definately didn't live up to everyone's expectations.

By the sounds of it, you haven't even played Uncharted... I own both, PDZ does look good especially for its release date but just no... it's textures are not better.

amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 amorbis1001
[QUOTE="D3monchicken"][QUOTE="Saturos3091"][QUOTE="Arsenal325"]

[QUOTE="jangojay"]Personally I think uncharted is overrated graphics wise. Has really bad textures. I like ME more.Innovazero2000

Both use 1024x1024 and 2048x2048. PDZ just used a lot of normal maps for it's textures, which allows the GPU to help and takes off some overhead from the ram.

as I said above perfect dark use alot of procedural and bump mapping, look closely at PD0 and you'll notice there are harly and real textures, compared to gears, same with unchartered small textures bumped mapped are used. it looks great too.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

Sony never really officially released the specs for the RSX,just like Nintendo never realeased the specs of the Wii.So I suggest just looking at the games a few years from now.

Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Innovazero2000
[QUOTE="Innovazero2000"][QUOTE="D3monchicken"][QUOTE="Saturos3091"][QUOTE="Arsenal325"]

[QUOTE="jangojay"]Personally I think uncharted is overrated graphics wise. Has really bad textures. I like ME more.amorbis1001

as I said above perfect dark use alot of procedural and bump mapping, look closely at PD0 and you'll notice there are harly and real textures, compared to gears, same with unchartered small textures bumped mapped are used. it looks great too.

hence "normal maps".

amorbis1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 amorbis1001

hence "normal maps".

Innovazero2000

lol I was explaining that to someone and they went hell on me a few pages back.