PS3 hdmi invalid format on tv wtf???/

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cooltip206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cooltip206
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
So i try all different kinds of ways and it keep sayin invalid format on my flat screen tv and i dont know wat to do,my old ps3 works but my ps3 slim doesnt.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts
does the TV take the resolution you're trying to output, like are you setting your PS3 up to output at 1080p and the TV can only do 1080i, or some TVs don't even do 1080i but only 720p, sure you really don't have an invalid format?
cooltip206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cooltip206
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
well how can i change the resolution?
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts
well how can i change the resolution?cooltip206
well, I'd say go into the system menu and... wait, you can't get a display, guess your screwed there tell us the truth, did you switch your console to a resolution setting your TV can't take and now you can't see anything? that's really the only way I can think of what happened happening, not unless you bought it from someone who took it out of the box, changed resolution settings, and returned it and you bought a returned or used PS3... anyhow, to reset the video settings turn on the system by holding the power button for several seconds until you hear (I think) two beeps, see if that works
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

well how can i change the resolution?cooltip206

The ps3 should automatically pair to the resolution your TV handles and switch to HDMI when you plug it in. If your TV is incapable of transmitting this info, you may need to do it manually.

If it is a new ps3, simply plug it in with both the HDMI cable and the AV cables that it came with, then change the display settings, switch over to HDMI on the TV and accept the changes.

If it isn't new, and you've already had it set up for HDMI, hold down the power button (I think you do this when it is off to begin with) for a number of seconds and the system will reset. Then, go back to what I said before.

smartcriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 smartcriminal
Member since 2004 • 1275 Posts

if you are telling the truth, you should have posted this in the Ps3 section