PS Vita stockage issues in NA

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45263 Posts

Ok, so we all know the Vita isn't a hot seller in America. But weirdly enough, Gamestop is taking pre-orders again for the Borderlands 2 Vita Bundle again (it was sold out). If you look on Amazon, it's also sold out. BestBuy, sold out too. So what does it all mean for Vita? a new beginning or just a slight bump in sales? I ask you, SW analysts. *Also - anyone playing Sword Art Online? Let me know if it's good.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

Could just mean that they aren't gonna keep them on stock but if people request them they'll get just enough for the demand.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I was told by gamestop that it was something involving the battery.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

Ha most likely just they stopped stocking the vita due to incredibly little demand. It's like the Wii U in some shops in the UK - out of stock, but only because they don't bother getting more in, not because of any demand.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

Retailers don't want to buy, when no one is buying. Supply and demand.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@_Matt_ said:

Ha most likely just they stopped stocking the vita due to incredibly little demand. It's like the Wii U in some shops in the UK - out of stock, but only because they don't bother getting more in, not because of any demand.

Ironically when I asked about the Vita--the OLED version--the employee said that people ask about it on a daily basis. I wonder what happened to all the unsold units.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

@Heirren: well I guess it's entirely possible the remaining OLED Vitas got sold to consumers :

After all, the Vita had been selling like faecal matter for many months in a row so it was unlikely shops bothered to refresh stock often, thus few Vitas to sell.

Just a shame that everyone realises how nice the OLED screen is after it is discontinued.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidGame_basic

I guess I'm the only one that likes the slim over the oled.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

I can't imagine a screen being any nicer than the OLED (unless it had higher resolution, but Vita can't push higher resolution anyway).

However my understanding is the new model is supposed to have better battery life, the original model truly has abysmal life. Sometimes I only get about 2 hours of gameplay.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

They just didn't get a big stock to begin with I guess.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SolidGame_basic

@2Chalupas said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

I can't imagine a screen being any nicer than the OLED (unless it had higher resolution, but Vita can't push higher resolution anyway).

However my understanding is the new model is supposed to have better battery life, the original model truly has abysmal life. Sometimes I only get about 2 hours of gameplay.

It does have better battery life, but only moderately so. I had the oled version and I think slim is better. Better feel, better battery, standard mini-usb port (much better since I don't have to carry that proprietary cord around, can just switch between cellphone and vita), and I like the screen. The colors are more natural.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@_Matt_ said:

@Heirren: well I guess it's entirely possible the remaining OLED Vitas got sold to consumers :

After all, the Vita had been selling like faecal matter for many months in a row so it was unlikely shops bothered to refresh stock often, thus few Vitas to sell.

Just a shame that everyone realises how nice the OLED screen is after it is discontinued.

I doubt it. I bet they shipped em back to japan where the device is doing alright.

...I don't think the Vita is that great but I like the hardware. It was silly of me to pass up on the holiday deals two times. One year it was the Assassins Creed deal--the nice looking white model--for $179. The other time it was the Walking Dead bundle for $179. The new model feels cheap. They cut a lot of corners. They even nixed the aluminum around the device--something that you see on many phones/etc--as it adds durability.