PS Vita slim at E3 2013?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SonyNintendoFan (527 posts) -

Is it true?

I might consider it if they reduce the price, and add a 16gb with it. They should also include game vouchers for PSN downloads, that would make it appeal more even if the games arn't anything crazy, its not like they would lose money on downloads (em i right?)

Would you get a vita slim?

#2 Posted by charizard1605 (55984 posts) -
Where did you even hear this rumor?
#3 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

I would prefer PS Vita games

#4 Posted by LongZhiZi (2453 posts) -
I doubt you could make the Vita much slimmer than it already is.
#5 Posted by SonyNintendoFan (527 posts) -
Where did you even hear this rumor?charizard1605
i was googling vita and came across some places talking about that possibility... then i remember hearing something about sony saying that they would only decrease the price with a new model. Maybe i went too ahead of myself lol But is it completely impossible that this could happen?
#6 Posted by charizard1605 (55984 posts) -
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Where did you even hear this rumor?SonyNintendoFan
i was googling vita and came across some places talking about that possibility... then i remember hearing something about sony saying that they would only decrease the price with a new model. Maybe i went too ahead of myself lol But is it completely impossible that this could happen?

The original model is not profitable yet. A new model's introduction usually means renewed unprofitability on a per unit sold basis. There is no chance there is a Vita revision for the time being.
#7 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
no
#8 Posted by King_Dodongo (3247 posts) -
The original model will get a price cut before a new one comes out.
#9 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -
not gonna happen. The most you get is a price drop on memory cards and vita bundles
#10 Posted by Malta_1980 (11215 posts) -

I do hope Sony puts proper focus at E3 on showing new titles (exclusives) for PSV...

#11 Posted by Masenkoe (4888 posts) -

Lol a hardware revision only a year later? Yeah that's not goin to happen.

#12 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

I'm not getting a Vita until it has good games I want.

I would like to see a hardware revision though. I'd like something like:

• PSP Go form-factor (I don't care if it's bigger, but I like that slide design)
  • 8gb of built-in memory with expansion slot.
  • Better buttons because the current ones are a huge downgrade from the PSP.
#13 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
Better buttons because the current ones are a huge downgrade from the PSP.Ly_the_Fairy
I consider them an upgrade from psp, very responsive. Sometimes psp weren't responsive enough IMO.
#14 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18360 posts) -
I can't see them releasing a slim model, at least not yet. They need to be getting games released and reducing prices of the system and mem cards.
#15 Posted by Wasdie (49621 posts) -

Better be a price drop on the Vita, though it's still too late to save the thing.

#16 Posted by Lyncaster (217 posts) -

• PSP Go form-factor (I don't care if it's bigger, but I like that slide design)
Ly_the_Fairy
While you are entitlied to your opinion, there is a reason the PSPgo failed :P
#17 Posted by Lyncaster (217 posts) -
Although tbh, since I became a pc gamer, a psp go would be enticing if they updated the prices on psn/had some sales more often..
#18 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Lyncaster

Because of its form-factor?

#19 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -

Lol a hardware revision only a year later? Yeah that's not goin to happen.

Masenkoe
3ds xl was announced 16 months after 3ds's japanese release, so it wouldn't be totally out of the question. But I think there's a higher chance of sony ditching the system at e3 than announcing a revision.
#20 Posted by JohnF111 (14051 posts) -
not gonna happen. The most you get is a price drop on memory cards and vita bundlesultraking
They do t even need to do a price cut, they could simply include an extra game or two and create a few extra bundles for variety.
#21 Posted by Masenkoe (4888 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lyncaster"][QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Ly_the_Fairy

Because of its form-factor?

PSP Go had a terrible form factor for anybody with normal sized hands. The GBA SP was also too small for me. I'm not saying the regular PSP doesn't have its flaws either but it is much better.

#22 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9469 posts) -
its possible but I would say next E3. Vita uses a custom die with the CPU and GPU but its based off of smartphone/tablet technology which is becoming more and more common. Quad core phones are already hitting the market so its not farfetched.
#23 Posted by mems_1224 (46509 posts) -

TheEpicGoat
#24 Posted by Heirren (16516 posts) -
Psv remodel will be so thin you won't even be able to see it on store shelves.
#25 Posted by Lance2500 (680 posts) -

The game library is slim enough.

#26 Posted by Timstuff (26823 posts) -
It's slim enough as it is. If Sony wants any hope of saving it, they need to drop the price to $150 and RELEASE MORE AAA GAMES.
#27 Posted by Timstuff (26823 posts) -

The game library is slim enough.

Lance2500
:lol:
#28 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -
[QUOTE="SonyNintendoFan"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Where did you even hear this rumor?charizard1605

The original model is not profitable yet. A new model's introduction usually means renewed unprofitability on a per unit sold basis. There is no chance there is a Vita revision for the time being.

If anything it means a call for action. If they don't do anything they're screwed. Can be anything at this point but less likely a new model comes out versus price drop or new game collection.
#29 Posted by LongZhiZi (2453 posts) -
>

PSP Go had a terrible form factor for anybody with normal sized hands. The GBA SP was also too small for me. I'm not saying the regular PSP doesn't have its flaws either but it is much better.

Masenkoe
Perhaps your definition of "normal" means "child-like", but the Go was better for those of us with adult-sized hands. The analog nub on the original PSP design is borderline unusable- my thumb would get cramped in 10 minutes or so because of the claw-like shape it'd be in. With the Go, my thumb would comfortably be extended.
#30 Posted by hellotony (60 posts) -

I haven't get one yet since I was expecting a longer bettery life and more interesting titles. Latter or sooner a slim version will be true.

#31 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

TheEpicGoat
#32 Posted by hummer700 (10160 posts) -
If Vita had some games I would buy it. It's a fantastic handheld console.
#33 Posted by mariokart64fan (19377 posts) -

theres a statment where it says japan is ready for psp 2  maybe the whole feb 20 2012 is about psp 2 and them ditching the vita which would really make me angry lol i personally think if they do a slimmer psvita and not bring any games out ---- they will be deader then a door nob the ds  is right on psvitas tail this week world wide pretty bad if you ask me 

#34 Posted by delta3074 (17883 posts) -
not gonna happen. The most you get is a price drop on memory cards and vita bundlesultraking
Agreed, it's way too early for a slim model to be on the cards, Price drop would be great though, it's nearly at that sweet spot where i can afford one.
#35 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]>

LongZhiZi
Perhaps your definition of "normal" means "child-like", but the Go was better for those of us with adult-sized hands. The analog nub on the original PSP design is borderline unusable- my thumb would get cramped in 10 minutes or so because of the claw-like shape it'd be in. With the Go, my thumb would comfortably be extended.

You sound confused seems more reasonable go is for smaller hands being a smaller device. I like the original psp and vita analog placement more than go's.
#36 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6973 posts) -
I would be more interested in a price cut on their memory cards.
#37 Posted by coasterguy65 (5873 posts) -

Not going to happen, but maybe they will finally show some Vita games at this year's E3. A Price cut sure wouldn't hurt.