PS Vita is the most under rated video game system

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

PS Vita is amazing. I've had it since launch and I've been enjoying gaming on it. Tons of different games and indie games drop often. Games can range from FPS to action to RPG. Why I said it was under rated because it is the best mobile system that can deliver high quality graphics. Graphics that can be comparable with PS3 and Xbox360 and you get to have those nice graphics in a small handheld. What I also like is how super fast it can operate, faster than a PS3.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Easily the best handheld out there, although that says more about the 3DS

#VitaMeansLife

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

@Sweenix:

I love my 3DS aswell. It's already praised. I started this thread to cut the Vita its own hype which isn't getting at all

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

The Vita is an absolute joy to play. The OLED screen just makes games pop and with the addition of remote play for the PS4 it's by far the best handheld on the market.

Just a shame that Sony have neglected to actually support the darned thing. I'm playing Child Of Light (Remote play) at the minute and it's breathtaking. If anything it plays better on the Vita than the PS4. That added to P4G and a slew of amazing indie titles make the Vita a must own. It still won't sell well though. Maybe an upcoming PS4 bundle will change it's fortunes.

Oh and once TLOU remastered releases for PS4 my Vita will be in constant use away from home.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

I agree. It's an amazing piece or hardware with a great library of games. As far as 2014 goes 3DS and Vita are my most played platforms, but that's mainly because handhelds have taking over for me.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I'm thinking of getting a Vita soon... Good to hear.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#7 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Agree and disagree. With PS+, it's given me a huge amount of games to play at low prices. Without it, the system is a lot less tempting.

The games on it are fantastic though. Persona, WipeOut, Spelunky, Hotline Miami, Gravity Rush, Tearaway, etc. A lot of them aren't exclusive which is valid if you own the games or the other systems they're on.

But as someone who played these games first on Vita, it gets its proper dues for having these games.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45097 Posts

people need to stop getting hung up on the "but I can play that game on my console". um, yea you can, but you can't take it with you on the go can you? that's the point. if you have a handheld that can play last gen games just as good, why wouldn't you want that? besides, Vita does get its own games.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

I refuse to grab one until they adopt a model with SD cards and none of the proprietary crap, but I also want one with an OLED screen. Maybe one day Vita TV can come stateside. Also needs more games i want to play and not just more ports of stuff i already own.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

I love the Vita, amazing system that deserves a lot more love.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

I'm planning on getting an OLED hopefully before they die out. Simply for the fact that I have such a wealth of PS+ free games that I'd have to consider first buying a Vita but also saving up enough so that I can buy a 64GB mem card with it, as I see no real point to go any smaller. In the mean time I'll just keep bagging those PS+ games. I'll eventually buy some retail like Tearaway and KZ:M, depending on if they haven't already been offered up for +.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I might have to check out this Vita of Life gadget thingy.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@SolidGame_basic said:

people need to stop getting hung up on the "but I can play that game on my console". um, yea you can, but you can't take it with you on the go can you? that's the point. if you have a handheld that can play last gen games just as good, why wouldn't you want that? besides, Vita does get its own games.

And people equally need to stop acting like everyone is in the same situation as them. I have a car, I drive places, how exactly can I use a PS Vita on the go? On the 2-3 long distance journeys I take a year? Not worth it.

So the only time I would use the console is at home, where my consoles and PC are, that have many of the games available on the Vita for cheaper, with better graphics/sound/performance. Couple that with the stupid memory card prices and it just isn't worth it for me to own a device capable of playing a few good exclusives.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Vita is love. Vita is life.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

#VitaMeansPoop

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The Vita is great.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17  Edited By AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

I agree.......PSVita is awesome.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#18  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

I have one, it's very underrated. But that's Sony's fault for not marketing the damn thing aggressively. They literally let this thing sit and die slowly.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

OLED is so great it kills battery life, over saturates colours, glare and colour decay.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts
@withe1982 said:

I'm playing Child Of Light (Remote play) at the minute and it's breathtaking. If anything it plays better on the Vita than the PS4.

Yeah, I really enjoyed Child of Light on Vita. Honestly, I use remote play so much it makes the PS4 feel like an expensive Vita accessory.

All told it's a great handheld with a great library. It comes at a time when the Handheld market is shrinking rapidly, but most that make the investment come away impressed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#21 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Vita is great. I really like it.