PS Vita is the most under rated video game system

#1 Posted by fgjnfgh (2630 posts) -

PS Vita is amazing. I've had it since launch and I've been enjoying gaming on it. Tons of different games and indie games drop often. Games can range from FPS to action to RPG. Why I said it was under rated because it is the best mobile system that can deliver high quality graphics. Graphics that can be comparable with PS3 and Xbox360 and you get to have those nice graphics in a small handheld. What I also like is how super fast it can operate, faster than a PS3.

#2 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

Easily the best handheld out there, although that says more about the 3DS

#VitaMeansLife

#3 Posted by fgjnfgh (2630 posts) -

@Sweenix:

I love my 3DS aswell. It's already praised. I started this thread to cut the Vita its own hype which isn't getting at all

#4 Edited by withe1982 (450 posts) -

The Vita is an absolute joy to play. The OLED screen just makes games pop and with the addition of remote play for the PS4 it's by far the best handheld on the market.

Just a shame that Sony have neglected to actually support the darned thing. I'm playing Child Of Light (Remote play) at the minute and it's breathtaking. If anything it plays better on the Vita than the PS4. That added to P4G and a slew of amazing indie titles make the Vita a must own. It still won't sell well though. Maybe an upcoming PS4 bundle will change it's fortunes.

Oh and once TLOU remastered releases for PS4 my Vita will be in constant use away from home.

#5 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11425 posts) -

I agree. It's an amazing piece or hardware with a great library of games. As far as 2014 goes 3DS and Vita are my most played platforms, but that's mainly because handhelds have taking over for me.

#6 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6248 posts) -

I'm thinking of getting a Vita soon... Good to hear.

#7 Posted by Blabadon (26669 posts) -

Agree and disagree. With PS+, it's given me a huge amount of games to play at low prices. Without it, the system is a lot less tempting.

The games on it are fantastic though. Persona, WipeOut, Spelunky, Hotline Miami, Gravity Rush, Tearaway, etc. A lot of them aren't exclusive which is valid if you own the games or the other systems they're on.

But as someone who played these games first on Vita, it gets its proper dues for having these games.

#8 Edited by SolidGame_basic (17973 posts) -

people need to stop getting hung up on the "but I can play that game on my console". um, yea you can, but you can't take it with you on the go can you? that's the point. if you have a handheld that can play last gen games just as good, why wouldn't you want that? besides, Vita does get its own games.

#9 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26185 posts) -

I refuse to grab one until they adopt a model with SD cards and none of the proprietary crap, but I also want one with an OLED screen. Maybe one day Vita TV can come stateside. Also needs more games i want to play and not just more ports of stuff i already own.

#10 Edited by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

I love the Vita, amazing system that deserves a lot more love.

#11 Edited by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

I'm planning on getting an OLED hopefully before they die out. Simply for the fact that I have such a wealth of PS+ free games that I'd have to consider first buying a Vita but also saving up enough so that I can buy a 64GB mem card with it, as I see no real point to go any smaller. In the mean time I'll just keep bagging those PS+ games. I'll eventually buy some retail like Tearaway and KZ:M, depending on if they haven't already been offered up for +.

#12 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7428 posts) -

I might have to check out this Vita of Life gadget thingy.

#13 Edited by bobbetybob (19292 posts) -
@SolidGame_basic said:

people need to stop getting hung up on the "but I can play that game on my console". um, yea you can, but you can't take it with you on the go can you? that's the point. if you have a handheld that can play last gen games just as good, why wouldn't you want that? besides, Vita does get its own games.

And people equally need to stop acting like everyone is in the same situation as them. I have a car, I drive places, how exactly can I use a PS Vita on the go? On the 2-3 long distance journeys I take a year? Not worth it.

So the only time I would use the console is at home, where my consoles and PC are, that have many of the games available on the Vita for cheaper, with better graphics/sound/performance. Couple that with the stupid memory card prices and it just isn't worth it for me to own a device capable of playing a few good exclusives.

#14 Edited by yokofox33 (29913 posts) -

Vita is love. Vita is life.

#15 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4824 posts) -

#VitaMeansPoop

#16 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7325 posts) -

The Vita is great.

#17 Edited by AtariKidX (6282 posts) -

I agree.......PSVita is awesome.

#18 Edited by remiks00 (1913 posts) -

I have one, it's very underrated. But that's Sony's fault for not marketing the damn thing aggressively. They literally let this thing sit and die slowly.

#19 Posted by osirisx3 (1820 posts) -

OLED is so great it kills battery life, over saturates colours, glare and colour decay.

#20 Posted by santoron (7775 posts) -
@withe1982 said:

I'm playing Child Of Light (Remote play) at the minute and it's breathtaking. If anything it plays better on the Vita than the PS4.

Yeah, I really enjoyed Child of Light on Vita. Honestly, I use remote play so much it makes the PS4 feel like an expensive Vita accessory.

All told it's a great handheld with a great library. It comes at a time when the Handheld market is shrinking rapidly, but most that make the investment come away impressed.

#21 Posted by charizard1605 (58297 posts) -

Vita is great. I really like it.