PS Vita having an underrated 2014?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45095 Posts

As a Vita owner, I'm up to my neck with games to play. Out of all the systems I own, Vita has the most this year. Don't forget we also have remote play to play our favorite PS4 games. And then there's PS Now. How about them apples, SW?

Exclusives
Freedom Wars
Tales of Hearts R
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Toukiden: Age of Demons
Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment/Infinity Moment
Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth (remake)
Danganronpa 2
Demon Gaze
Mind Zero
Monster Monpiece

Indies
OlliOlli (exclusive at release)
Rogue Legacy
Velocity 2X
Hotline Miami 2
Murasaki Baby (exclusive)
Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
Metrico (exclusive)
Age of Zombies
Dustforce
Luftrausers
Fez
Entwined
Gravity Crash Ultra
Hohokum
CounterSpy

Multiplats
FFX/FFX-2 HD Remaster
MLB 14: The Show/
Minecraft
Borderlands 2
Child of Light
FIFA 15
Natural Doctrine
Walking Dead Season 2
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited (some exclusive content)
MotoGP 14
Blazblue Chronoa Phantasm
Akiba's Trip
Deception IV: Blood Ties
Football Manager 2014
Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
Hatsune Mikue: Project Diva F
LEGO: The Hobbit
Backgammon Blitz
Conception II
Atelier Rorona Plus
Xblaze Code: Embryo
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
Lego Ninjango
Table Top Racing
Arcana Heart 3
Samurai Warriors 4
Citizens of Earth

No Caption Provided

Also, here is an updated games chart for Vita

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

trick question? the vita always has an underrated year O.o

my personal favorite of the year so far has been; Sword Art Online: hallow fragment

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

"Don't forget we also have remote play to play our favorite PS4 games"

So that adds 0 games to the list.

The really sad thing about Vita is that if Sony had actually been smart and seen it's potential as an indie playing device, tailoring the hardware around that, it could be doing really well. Instead it's an overly expensive machine (well, not so much now that everywhere is discounting them) with a bunch of power that's never going to get used because they've given up on making games for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Not really.

I still think it had a good year last year, but Sony's completely given up this year, and all i get is scraps from when they, or someone else, decide that a game they were going to put on the PS3 (or some other machine) would be good on the Vita too.

I like my Vita a lot, I'll continue to play it, but I will give Sony no credit for how they handled the machine, ever. And certainly, I will think twice about buying a PlayStation from now onwards.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidGame_basic

@charizard1605 said:

Not really.

I still think it had a good year last year, but Sony's completely given up this year, and all i get is scraps from when they, or someone else, decide that a game they were going to put on the PS3 (or some other machine) would be good on the Vita too.

I like my Vita a lot, I'll continue to play it, but I will give Sony no credit for how they handled the machine, ever. And certainly, I will think twice about buying a PlayStation from now onwards.

Depends on your perspective I guess. I see multiplats on the Vita as a good thing.There are many games I prefer on handheld over playing it on the TV. I do want Sony to take more chances with the system though. Something tells me Sony won't go completely cold on us. We should be getting a goodie or two from them every year.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

lolvita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

Not really.

Depends on your perspective I guess. I see multiplats on the Vita as a good thing.There are many games I prefer on handheld over playing it on the TV. I do want Sony to take more chances with the system though. Something tells me Sony won't go completely cold on us. We should be getting a goodie or two from them every year.

See, but that's sad. The fact that 'getting a goodie or two every year' is considered to be good support, or even support. This is shocking treatment from Sony, it's on Saturn levels of abandonment.

I mean, if it appeals to you, that's great! Really, it is, and I am glad you have a device that is tailored to your needs. Just, it isn't to mine. It could have been, it would have been had Sony not abandoned it, but they did, and now I'm left with something that is a brutal reminder of what could have been.

Far as I am concerned (and I am sure most people agree with me) the 3DS is the better handheld. once again, feel free to disagree- you are entitled to your opinion, and it's not wrong. Just, I don't share it is all.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605 said:

Not really.

See, but that's sad. The fact that 'getting a goodie or two every year' is considered to be good support, or even support. This is shocking treatment from Sony, it's on Saturn levels of abandonment.

I mean, if it appeals to you, that's great! Really, it is, and I am glad you have a device that is tailored to your needs. Just, it isn't to mine. It could have been, it would have been had Sony not abandoned it, but they did, and now I'm left with something that is a brutal reminder of what could have been.

Far as I am concerned (and I am sure most people agree with me) the 3DS is the better handheld. once again, feel free to disagree- you are entitled to your opinion, and it's not wrong. Just, I don't share it is all.

Dude I'm not upset lol. I do prefer my Vita over 3DS. Maybe Smash, STEAM, Monster Hunter 4, and Majora's Mask remake would change my mind. But as far as I see, 3DS has had a pretty shitty 2014 as of this point. I'm not really crazy about Pokemon or the traditional Nintendo franchises as I used to. In fact, 3DS hasn't really appealed to me that much this gen. Luigi's Mansion, and to a lesser extent, Awakening, were probably my favorites on the console. Although I have my War of the Lions, Disgaea, Natural Doctrine, and Tactics Ogre to scratch that itch. Thing is, there's a demographic of people just like me, we're just clearly not as big as the Nintendo/3DS demographic lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidGame_basic: That's totally fine lol. And like i said, I am glad there is a handheld to appeal to your tastes =)

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SolidGame_basic

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidGame_basic: That's totally fine lol. And like i said, I am glad there is a handheld to appeal to your tastes =)

lol, don't be glad. that's kind of creepy.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SolidGame_basic

Just added a chart to the OP that shows Vita games. Pretty cool.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

I've seen some interesting RPG's finally, unfortunately most of them are about 40-50 dollars. I'm still really disappointed this didn't become the PSP2 when it comes to games, the PSP had so much to offer. It's my favorite console ever. I got a Vita expecting the same.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostrib

I guess if you get a vita, you better really love waiting for Japanese localized games and indie titles (often found on other platforms)

Akiratang2256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 Akiratang2256
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I've a lack of games to play on the vita...

Last game i bought was Dragons Crown, was fun... but its been a while nothing new to play =(

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@LustForSoul said:

I've seen some interesting RPG's finally, unfortunately most of them are about 40-50 dollars. I'm still really disappointed this didn't become the PSP2 when it comes to games, the PSP had so much to offer. It's my favorite console ever. I got a Vita expecting the same.

I don't disagree with you. I wish Sony would churn out a lot of first party stuff. But I don't necessarily think there's a link between number of first party games and sales. Look at the Wii U - Nintendo will make great games for it. It's still doomed to be another Gamecube. On the other hand, you have the PS4 having record breaking sales without any quality first party games at the moment. The Vita came out in an ultra competitive market where smartphones/tablets were booming and people had enough devices already. When the PSP first came out, the uniqueness factor alone helped.

@lostrib said:

I guess if you get a vita, you better really love waiting for Japanese localized games and indie titles (often found on other platforms)

What Western games are on the 3DS? Also, what's wrong with indies? Giving people the opportunity to play them on the go is great. Kinda silly to see that as a negative.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib

@SolidGame_basic said:

@lostrib said:

What Western games are on the 3DS?

Do I look like Google to you?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Nope, it's a decent year for it. Plenty of good games but lots of indies and multiplats. I do like Borderlands 2 and other games on it this year but it's not as good as 2013 or 2012.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18  Edited By speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Throw the VITA in here.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#19 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

PSVita is having an Underrated Life Span.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17812 Posts

i realised something funny the other day.

I got child of light for the vita (yay!. very nice game so far though the port doesnt appear to have gone as smooth as expected) and when i was moving another game out of my travel case for my vita (it was resistance. awful game but i found it oddly compelling.) and putting it into storage i noticed i have more vita cases than 3DS cases. now i do have more games from the eshop on the 3DS and have traded in more 3DS games over the years but still....its around 16 game cases now on vita to my 3DSs 14.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SolidGame_basic

@speedfog said:

Throw the VITA in here.

is that where you live?

@osan0 said:

i realised something funny the other day.

I got child of light for the vita (yay!. very nice game so far though the port doesnt appear to have gone as smooth as expected) and when i was moving another game out of my travel case for my vita (it was resistance. awful game but i found it oddly compelling.) and putting it into storage i noticed i have more vita cases than 3DS cases. now i do have more games from the eshop on the 3DS and have traded in more 3DS games over the years but still....its around 16 game cases now on vita to my 3DSs 14.

nice. I have child of light for vita too and I really like it. agree with you that it could've been a little more polished.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

It's having a good year no doubt but nothing really outstanding. I'd say it's been pretty even with the 3DS this year.. 2012 and 2013 were much better for it.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

nice list....but no one is buying

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SolidGame_basic

@Blabadon said:

Nope, it's a decent year for it. Plenty of good games but lots of indies and multiplats. I do like Borderlands 2 and other games on it this year but it's not as good as 2013 or 2012.

Freedom Wars is suppose to be a pretty big game for the Vita.

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

@lostrib said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@lostrib said:

What Western games are on the 3DS?

Do I look like Google to you?

Errr no?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#26 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

What a pathetic list of exclusives. Seriously.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#27 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Kind of desperate to be listing stuff like Akiba's Trip.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@LustForSoul said:

I don't disagree with you. I wish Sony would churn out a lot of first party stuff. But I don't necessarily think there's a link between number of first party games and sales. Look at the Wii U - Nintendo will make great games for it. It's still doomed to be another Gamecube. On the other hand, you have the PS4 having record breaking sales without any quality first party games at the moment. The Vita came out in an ultra competitive market where smartphones/tablets were booming and people had enough devices already. When the PSP first came out, the uniqueness factor alone helped.

I suppose it's true. I don't necessarily care for first party games. The PSP's third party support was massive as well, the amount of RPG's and arcade fighting games was insane. They kept coming whereas the PSV is advertising more indie games I feel. I know the Vita is a run of the mill handheld with no gimmicks, but right now it's the only one. It holds the most power and best screen over the 3DS but unlike the DS, the PSP didn't really have defining titles that were that famous. It's a big bummer, but I trust it'll get some good titles going.