PS+ on PS4 is underwhelming

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Heclogit (377 posts) -

Sony certainly catering to it's PS3 users. Nov 15th ships with Resogun which is admittedly an awesome game. And Contrast which is an awful game and looks like a ps2 game. December nothing happens on PS4 but two Pinball games and Flow. And for January we get Dont Starve a $5 PC game that is being ported. I guess it is expected. Force online and now you get junk.

#2 Edited by SolidTy (42128 posts) -

I got Don't Starve ages ago for less than $5 on PC, but it was on sale even back then. Don't Starve is normally $15, even checking steam right now Don't Starve is on Xmas sale for $5.09 but normally $15.

You are right, the PS3 version of Plus is better, but that's because they have a wealth of options to give gamers as the PS3 is older. On the "plus" side of the PS4, the PS4 plus games are releasing for free before aging on the platform, that's sort of new. Usually they take games that are a bit older after they've had a chance to sell to give for free. On the PS4, they are limited by a lack of games due to the age of the platform, so Sony is forced to give us games that haven't been around awhile ON THE PLATFORM like Resogun, Don't Starve, or Contrast.

If you happen to have a Vita, you may find a few titles their to check out with your Plus account as it works across Vita, PS4, and PS3. I think overtime as the install base grows and there are more games for Sony to rummage through, you'll find more value in your plus account hopefully...or not. It's not like the my Xbox Live Gold is doing much for my Xbone digital library (nothing), but it is giving me two games a month for the older 360.

Lesson learned...again: Early adopters get shafted. The older PS360 machines with the huge install bases and wide variety of games to choose from are a better deal than the new machines when comparing XBLG and PS+. When it comes to digital games, the PS4 PS+ is still a better deal than Xbone XBLG.

Happy gaming fellow gamer.

#3 Edited by ratchet_usa (356 posts) -
@Heclogit said:

Sony certainly catering to it's PS3 users. Nov 15th ships with Resogun which is admittedly an awesome game. And Contrast which is an awful game and looks like a ps2 game. December nothing happens on PS4 but two Pinball games and Flow. And for January we get Dont Starve a $5 PC game that is being ported. I guess it is expected. Force online and now you get junk.

Maybe the online is truly junk if you own an xbox one or wii u, but despite its negatives, PSN+ is the best online service offered by gaming consoles right now.

Resogun > anything the wii u or xbox one have to offer online.

So PSN+ is still the superior online service right now.

#4 Posted by mems_1224 (46256 posts) -

What did you expect? PS4 has no games

#5 Edited by Heclogit (377 posts) -

@ratchet_usa: @ratchet_usa:

I sort of disagree. Xbox Live is better. Resogun for free doesnt change it. They forced online and as expected. Now they dont care. Subscriptions are up and people are locked in.

#6 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6626 posts) -

The PS4 has been out for 1 month. In the meantime, you can actually buy a game or two to support developers.

#7 Edited by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

Just another example of early adopters getting shafted.

Top quality games usually make there way there 9-12 months after release. If it keeps the same quality as PS3 games id imagine if you got a PS4 for X-mas next year you could be looking at some impressive stuff included.

#8 Posted by Snugenz (11738 posts) -

It is underwhelming but it is still very very early in the consoles lifetime so i'm sure it'll get better... eventually.

#9 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2707 posts) -

@Heclogit said:

Maybe the online is truly junk if you own an xbox one or wii u, but despite its negatives, PSN+ is the best online service offered by gaming consoles right now.

Resogun > anything the wii u or xbox one have to offer online.

So PSN+ is still the superior online service right now.

Resogun is great but the X1 does have Peggle 2 and KI. I hear Power Star Golf is pretty fun too.

#10 Posted by K1ngd0m4g3rul3z (178 posts) -

You're lucky Sony gives ya anything at all, with the ps4 selling so well and the infinite number of sheep blindly following the brand they could stop giving away (renting) games, it would make little difference.

#11 Posted by Heclogit (377 posts) -

@k1ngd0m4g3rul3z:

Well they can't really compete with Xbox Live in the long run if they dont rent games out.

#12 Edited by tymeservesfate (1510 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

It is underwhelming but it is still very very early in the consoles lifetime so i'm sure it'll get better... eventually.

PS4-WAIT-WAIT-WAIT-PSN-WAIT-WAIT-WAIT-PS4!!!

#13 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

This thread is a fail. Of course big games aren't going to be free yet. They are barely a month old. We will probably see Killzone and Knack being announced for free during E3 for PS+ members. There are like 3-5 games they could make free right now but they aren't going to destroy profit and make them free a MONTH after they release because you are too cheap to buy a game

#14 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9376 posts) -

The PS4 has been out for 1 month. In the meantime, you can actually buy a game or two to support developers.

this.

PSN+ probably wont get good on PS4 like 2 years from now.

And what happened to M$? they arent even offering anything on X1, only on 360.

#15 Posted by Crossel777 (5593 posts) -

LOl TC you where really expecting launch titles to go free? Don't be ridiculous. You might want to first you know, wait for games to actually come out first.

#16 Posted by soulitane (13414 posts) -

You'd have to be not very smart to think they'd give amazing deals this early on. There isn't anything big that they can add yet without destroying the sales of that game.

#17 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

ps4 has no games confirmed lmao

#18 Posted by Phazevariance (10934 posts) -

@Heclogit said:

@ratchet_usa: @ratchet_usa:

I sort of disagree. Xbox Live is better. Resogun for free doesnt change it. They forced online and as expected. Now they dont care. Subscriptions are up and people are locked in.

Well this is also why they are now starting to disconnect online for PS3 games already... because it makes them no money. FOR THE GAMERS!

#19 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6626 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

this.

PSN+ probably wont get good on PS4 like 2 years from now.

And what happened to M$? they arent even offering anything on X1, only on 360.

Microsoft is offering shoot many robots and offered Gears of War earlier this month. LMAO!

#20 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38208 posts) -

The only reason it's god on PS3 is because the system has eben out for almost a decade and has a HUGE range of games

#21 Edited by foxhound_fox (87373 posts) -

Funny how they aren't offering up all the PSN rentals from the PS3 on the PS4. Something people actually use to justify paying for PS+.

#22 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

Gotta agree with others in saying it's been one month.

#23 Posted by Telekill (4333 posts) -

Getting "free" games is still a newer concept for me as I'm an older gamer. This makes those of you complaining about free stuff look like u nappreciative pricks.

#24 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38208 posts) -

@Telekill said:

Getting "free" games is still a newer concept for me as I'm an older gamer. This makes those of you complaining about free stuff look like u nappreciative pricks.

Well it's not really "Free" more like "no extra cost"

#25 Posted by darkspineslayer (19479 posts) -

At least it's offering something out of the meager launch library. What do we expect?

Meanwhile, Games with Gold might one day make it to Xbox one.

#26 Posted by freedomfreak (38736 posts) -

Meanwhile, Games with Gold might one day make it to Xbox one.

COMING!

Confirmed by the Major himself!

#27 Edited by hoosier7 (3777 posts) -

It could take a year, maybe two for PS+ to get anywhere near like it was on PS3 because the titles are usually around a year old because no company will give away retail titles if they're still selling strongly. You can argue you've done pretty well with PS+ if you add in Driveclub in a month or two, plus Resogun as you've come out with two brand new exclusive titles. That's a hell of a lot more than the competition.

#28 Posted by darkspineslayer (19479 posts) -

@freedomfreak: unless the major gave a date I'm not aware of, I'll stand by my original statement.

#29 Edited by TheTruthIsREAL (756 posts) -

The console just released. You want them to make all of their games free? You should give it time for the system to mature. People before we're thinking that Sony wouldn't even give free games for the PS4 because how young it is. You should be thankful that they give any game free this early in the gen.

#30 Posted by freedomfreak (38736 posts) -
#31 Edited by darkspineslayer (19479 posts) -

@freedomfreak: I'm well aware of the announcement. That link does nothing to answer the "when" question other than say more details in "late 2014".

#32 Posted by freedomfreak (38736 posts) -

I'm well aware of the announcement. That link does nothing to answer the "when" question other than say more details in "late 2014".

Late 2014 is a when, and it surely beats down the "might one day come to Xbox Live", as in, it's coming.

#33 Posted by tymeservesfate (1510 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow: what are you talking about? Max: curse of brotherhood just came out for the XB1.

#34 Edited by jake44 (1942 posts) -

PS4 has been out a little over a month...what do you expect?

#35 Posted by silversix_ (13917 posts) -

i agree that what they're giving for ps4 owners suck ballz but stellar when it comes to ps3 offerings

#36 Posted by W1NGMAN- (9957 posts) -

It's been out for a month, Resogun and free KZ SF Multiplayer for the weekend is really all Sony can do at this point.

#37 Posted by 2Chalupas (5001 posts) -

Come on man.

It will take a few months (at least!) for them to start giving full retail games.

PS3 got a few indie games day 1, but what is the "newest" PS3 retail game that was free for PSN+? I would say at least 6-12 months. Most games are probably at least 12 months - which still isn't bad. Look at the sad offerings on XBL "Games for Gold".

I think retail games will be showing up (regularly) in mid to late 2014, but it will probably take 2 years for it to really start offering much as PS3 users have been getting.

#38 Posted by Heclogit (377 posts) -

@W1NGMAN-:

Pathetic launch is all I have to say. They had how many years to prepare for this?

#39 Posted by Joedgabe (5093 posts) -

It was just recently released, You want them to put knack and KZ free already? that's not gonna happen. I mean what would be the point in people buying the games anyways if they'll show up that fast on the PS+ It will take a good while before good games start kicking in.

#40 Posted by tymeservesfate (1510 posts) -

funny how everyone is turning this into free games somehow. i didnt see anything in the opening post about the games needing to be free. he even mentioned Don't Starve and that it will cost around 5 dollars. but somehow it got flipped into, "u expect free games a month after release....?". no he expects games. and the PS4 is lagging behind in that department again. while XB1 just release Max: COB and Halo Spartan Assault. Xbox One owners are getting releases while cows are still leaning hard on Resogan. this thread is nicely derailed smh lol.

#41 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

lol you guys are ridiculous.

#42 Posted by Basinboy (10985 posts) -

What did you expect? PS4 has no games

While intended as flamebait, it's actually true

Games available now still have discernible value, enough to keep Sony away from compensating the publisher the amount they demand

#43 Edited by Puckhog04 (22604 posts) -

The PS4 was just released. You mean the backlog of possible "free" games on PS3 is larger than that of PS4? Who'd of thought? /sigh

#44 Posted by getyeryayasout (7066 posts) -

Pshhh, and they say gamers are entitled. :P I see your point though, if PS4 is you only Sony platform then PS+ may be a little underwhelming this early on. My PS3 however is drowning in games. Grid 2 is great btw.

#45 Posted by charizard1605 (55555 posts) -

Well no shit, it's a brand new console, it just launched, what the fuck do you expect?

#46 Edited by betamaxx83 (351 posts) -

The PS4 just came out, wait until Gaiki is up and running, and it builds a stronger game library.

#47 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -

Haha, what a dumb thread.

It's been one month. They can't start cleaning out their whole library in just a months time. Oh, and there is 80 million PS3 users and only 2 million PS4 users. Not to mention 7 years of games to choose from. Not surprising that PS3 users would be the most important to them for the time being.

#48 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2296 posts) -

What did you expect? Killzone?

This is how ps+ on ps4 is going to be now.Shitty cheap indie games.

#49 Posted by Giancar (19046 posts) -

As the library grows, so will the service.

PSN+ for PS3 is excellent.

#50 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2707 posts) -

PS+ on PS3 and Vita is crazy good. The PS4 doesn't have the library to make it worth it so far. But within a couple of years it will be more than worth it. I would like to see download speeds improve too though.