PS Now Walkthrough video

• 87 results
#51 Edited by Solid_Link22 (5688 posts) -

Why is there so much hate? I agree the 4 hours price sucks but the $5.99 price is pretty good for me since I would be done with the game by the end of the 7 days.

#52 Posted by Snugenz (12914 posts) -
@amazonangry said:

will definitely be taking advantage of this. I didn't realize there were so many poor people in system wars.

A fool and his money are soon parted...

#53 Posted by bbkkristian (14967 posts) -

Just drop this s*** and go back to emulators/downloads plz.

#54 Posted by coasterguy65 (6372 posts) -

Sort of surprised the usual Sony lovers are lapping this up. Anyway prices are still too high for old ass games.

#55 Edited by T-razor1 (1095 posts) -

@blackace said:

Those fees suck. $2.99 for 4hrs. Screw that. They definitely need a subscription base pay system. I want to be able to play all those games for a flat fee of no more then $75 a year. If they can swing that deal, I might check it out. I won't be nickled and dime with these crazy rental fees. $14.99 for 90 days. Bahahahahaha!! Screw you Sony!!.

#56 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75080 posts) -

@blackace: if that were true, why haven't we heard anything about this?

#57 Posted by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

@Snugenz: A fool and his money are soon parted..."

These prices must really seem that expensive to you to say something like that.

Fortunately, successful folks, like myself, can part with money quite often and not blink. :)

Get successful my child.

#58 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (2462 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

$6 for 7 day, $2 more dollar for over 4x time. Good price for America, TCHBO.

How long to wait for MS copy again?

Terrible price for everyone. TCHBO!! M$ will never copy this. They are working on a software emulation for the XBox and XBox 360 games to run on XB1. lol!! They are testing these games with Halo: Master Chief Collection on XB1. If ND can get "The Last of Us" to run on the PS4 with no additional hardware added, Sony should be able to get all their PS3 games to run on the PS4 without using PSNow. They just want more money with PSNow.

You hide those price option and only mention shortest and longest because you know they good option and value. $8 for month, when similar service $8 or more for week. TLHBO. MS copy everything. You lol at yourself, because MS giving free emulation is laughable and own yourself mentioning halo collection, ouch.

Money and effort takes to port TLOU, every developer will not do this so stream better option. This why lem are consider dumbest of all...

#59 Posted by slimdogmilionar (751 posts) -

@amazonangry:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

You hide those price option and only mention shortest and longest because you know they good option and value. $8 for month, when similar service $8 or more for week. TLHBO. MS copy everything. You lol at yourself, because MS giving free emulation is laughable and own yourself mentioning halo collection, ouch.

Money and effort takes to port TLOU, every developer will not do this so stream better option. This why lem are consider dumbest of all...

Darksiders is only 9.99 at Gamestop. Why would a logical person pay 14.99 for 90 days or 7.99 for 7 days when you could buy the game for ten bucks and then take it back to Gamestop and get some of your money back trading it toward something else.

Yet Ea access is the devil because you pay $30 a year to play an ever growing collection of current gen games. If you guys keep this up you are going to turn Sony into M$ from last gen where they just forget about fans and coast on their success and profits until the end of the gen.

#60 Posted by Snugenz (12914 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

Fortunately, successful folks, like myself, can part with money quite often and not blink. :)

Get successful my child.

I'm a PC gamer, i'm already much more successful than you'll ever be.

#61 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (1176 posts) -

The ridiculous prices are basically the premium you pay for trying out a new feature.

Consolites mock early access and paid alphas/betas, but this is basically what $ony's doing here.

A lot of people won't care paying these prices, initially at least, since they just want to know how the service works asap.

Later on, the thing will switch to a subscription model or prices will be reduced.

#62 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (2462 posts) -
@slimdogmilionar said:

@amazonangry:

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

Darksiders is only 9.99 at Gamestop. Why would a logical person pay 14.99 for 90 days or 7.99 for 7 days when you could buy the game for ten bucks and then take it back to Gamestop and get some of your money back trading it toward something else.

Yet Ea access is the devil because you pay $30 a year to play an ever growing collection of current gen games. If you guys keep this up you are going to turn Sony into M$ from last gen where they just forget about fans and coast on their success and profits until the end of the gen.

You use one example, yet there are other more recent release. Cherry pick, just like blackace. Some game release cost more used than when they launch, because of rarity and limited print. Also some gamer sold ps3, or did not own and this will be way to play game they miss. I do not have ps3 anymore and this service great to play Persona 5.

Nintendo sell old snes and gamer complain of those price, yet they are fraction of price of popular cartridge online. However, there are game where cartridge is cheaper also.

EA launch has 4 game, psnow launch with over 100 and not limited to 1 publisher like EA who is most hated company...

#63 Edited by PapaTrop (1710 posts) -

A flat rate of $1 a day for non-HD games, and $2 a day for HD games.

Then give a subscription option of $20-$30 a month for access to all games.

Judging from that video, prices vary. Some of those games appear to start at $6 for 4 hours... The 7day, and 30day deals are the best value, but still.

When I consider renting a game it's usually to play for a single day or two, but I'd consider an all-access subscription which I'd use to play all the games I feel I'd only enjoy once through, while continuing to buy my more favorite titles.

#64 Edited by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

will definitely be taking advantage of this. I didn't realize there were so many poor people in system wars.

Poor = Not liking to throw your money away?

If you're so rich why not just buy them out right?

#65 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

forget about this thread. anyone tried ps now yet??

#66 Posted by slimdogmilionar (751 posts) -

@Mr-Kutaragi said:

You use one example, yet there are other more recent release. Cherry pick, just like blackace. Some game release cost more used than when they launch, because of rarity and limited print. Also some gamer sold ps3, or did not own and this will be way to play game they miss. I do not have ps3 anymore and this service great to play Persona 5.

Nintendo sell old snes and gamer complain of those price, yet they are fraction of price of popular cartridge online. However, there are game where cartridge is cheaper also.

EA launch has 4 game, psnow launch with over 100 and not limited to 1 publisher like EA who is most hated company...

I didn't cherry pick I took the example Sony gave, also I've had PSnow on my PS3 since it was free so I know what the prices look like. If it will make you feel any better we can dispute these prices game by game, every game I see in PSnow is about the same price and they are more expensive than just going and buying the game used.

Ea is just starting up and PSnow only launched with like 9 games at first I remember because I was in the first round of the beta. The only game they had that weren't indies were Dead Island and Motocross. Ea is launching with 4 full next gen games and Dragon Age demo. That is a stronger start up imo than PSnow and it's cheaper, PSNow is launching with 100 games but you can't play them all that would cost you a minimum of $300 to play every PSnow game for a month vs $5 to try the Ea service for a month.

#67 Edited by AutoPilotOn (8617 posts) -

Is the 4 hours of gameplay or just 4 hours from when you access it same with the 7 days. I mean gamefly is like over 20 bucks for 2 games at a time. That's over 240 dollars a year and it very hard to get popular games and new releases. I don't see how they could only charge 75 or anything like that if it includes new releases.

I don't get how sony says EAs service is not a value when their own service doesn't seem to be yet at least..

#68 Posted by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@amazonangry said:

Get successful my child.

No my child. PC gamers can't afford retail, so they rely on Steam, which caters to the low income.

#69 Posted by lostrib (44000 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@Snugenz said:

@amazonangry said:

Get successful my child.

No my child. PC gamers can't afford retail, so they rely on Steam, which caters to the low income.

...says the guy who doesn't own a PC

#70 Posted by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@amazonangry said:

@Snugenz said:

@amazonangry said:

Get successful my child.

Pray tell...what am I using to type this then? :-/

#71 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (9903 posts) -

$14.99 for 90 days of Killzone 3 is a fantastic rental price, you can't argue that.

#72 Posted by lostrib (44000 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@lostrib said:

I thought you didn't use PCs anymore and just used Tablets

#73 Posted by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@amazonangry said:

@lostrib said:

You're not making much sense. When did we discuss this? :-/

Isn't a tablet a pc, at any rate? :-/

#74 Posted by lostrib (44000 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

@lostrib said:

so you have a PC?

#75 Posted by NFJSupreme (5494 posts) -

and this is great value Sony?

#76 Edited by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@amazonangry said:

@lostrib said:

so you have a PC?

#77 Posted by lostrib (44000 posts) -

@amazonangry: pics or gtfo

#78 Edited by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@amazonangry: pics or gtfo

Pics of what, you rodeo clown? My pc, so you can just say it's my neighbor's or some other desperation statement? Sure, I'll get right on it.

#79 Posted by lostrib (44000 posts) -

@amazonangry: the usual SW proof. Pic including your screen name

#80 Posted by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@amazonangry: the usual SW proof. Pic including your screen name

Sorry charlie. I've been called out before on my library of over 70 ps3 games. Showed proof. No reason for me to continue. The act of me posting here with pics is proof enough i own a pc.

Time for you to show some proof. Pics and name, then we can discuss your Steam library, and why you fall nicely into the stereotypical hypocritical pc gamer.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/introducing-steam-gauge-ars-reveals-steams-most-popular-games/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/04/17/nearly-37-of-all-registered-steam-games-have-never-been-played/

#81 Posted by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

Fools often do part with their money. I don't get what you're trying to suggest here, you're part of the 1% and don't care you're wasting your money?

Good for you I guess, you might think it's funny to flush your money down the toilet but the rest of us are a little more conservative.

#82 Posted by lostrib (44000 posts) -

@amazonangry: my steam name is in my Sig. And I've posted pictures of my PC and Vita, and maybe my PS3 (I dont remember )

#83 Posted by NFJSupreme (5494 posts) -

so much for console gaming being cheaper

#84 Edited by mikhail (2697 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

No...it isn't.

If you equate a tablet to a PC, that means a 3DS is also a "PC" because it's a device with a screen that can run programs and also access the internet.

#85 Edited by gago-gago (9957 posts) -

Looks terrible, laggy, always online, too expensive, wasted resources, not a good value.

#86 Edited by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

@mikhail: No...it isn't.

If you equate a tablet to a PC, that means a 3DS is also a "PC" because it's a device with a screen that can run programs and also access the internet."

You do realize there are tablet pcs that run windows, right?

#87 Posted by Snugenz (12914 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

If you equate a tablet to a PC, that means a 3DS is also a "PC" because it's a device with a screen that can run programs and also access the internet."

Just like you said, it's still a tablet, and good luck running any decent game on a tablet.

#88 Posted by mikhail (2697 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@amazonangry said:

Just like you said, it's still a tablet, and good luck running any decent game on a tablet.

#90 Edited by lostrib (44000 posts) -

@amazonangry: so you just use a tablet?