PS+ NA: Strider, Towerfall, Dead Space 3, and more!

#1 Edited by Blabadon (26166 posts) -

PS+ for July. Remember these all come on the first Tuesday of the month now.

PS4

Strider

Towerfall

PS3

Dead Space 3

Vessel

Vita

Doki Doki Universe

Muramasa

I'll link you as soon as PS Blog updates. This is according to their YouTube channel.

#2 Posted by lostrib (36251 posts) -

meh

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (40192 posts) -

US, I assume?

Is Europe gonna be announced soon?

#4 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3027 posts) -

Aww yeah! Gonna get Strider, Towerfall, DS3, and Muramasa! Good month for me.

#5 Posted by Blabadon (26166 posts) -

@lostrib: Did you pick up the free Vita games before they left yesterday?

#6 Posted by Bigboi500 (29691 posts) -

Strider and Towerfall for PS4, not bad.

#7 Edited by Blabadon (26166 posts) -

@freedomfreak: I think it's the exact same but you folk get Lego Batman for Vita instead of Muramasa which came months ago there.

#8 Posted by lostrib (36251 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@lostrib: Did you pick up the free Vita games before they left yesterday?

yeah, I had "purchased" them through the sony store. Most importantly Gravity Rush and Golden Abyss.

#9 Posted by mems_1224 (47022 posts) -

more shit.

#10 Edited by Blabadon (26166 posts) -

@lostrib: WipeOut 2048 is the best of the three and an absolutely excellent, content packed racer. Enjoy.

#11 Edited by finalstar2007 (25116 posts) -

Dead Space 3? very nice and amazing stuff for the PS4 especially since i'll be getting a PS4 in July :D

#12 Posted by vitonemesis (3144 posts) -

So glad I got plus.

#13 Posted by Senor_Kami (8380 posts) -

I wish PS3 was getting Strider.

#14 Posted by Blabadon (26166 posts) -

@finalstar2007: Cow king is a noob. Don't buy a PS4, it has no games.

#15 Posted by Heil68 (44125 posts) -

Strider and Towerfall for PS4, not bad.

Yup, I'll get both those along with DS3 for PS3.

#16 Posted by navyguy21 (12830 posts) -

Down month again.

Sony needs to release PS3 ports for free on PS4.

The games on PS4 so far have been crap.

#17 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16000 posts) -

Works for me. Muramasa, Towerfall and Strider are all games I've meant to buy when the price came down.

#18 Posted by Technoweirdo (7161 posts) -

Hm, Muramasa. Suppose I've got a reason not to cancel my subscription now.

@Blabadon said:

@lostrib: WipeOut 2048 is the best of the three and an absolutely excellent, content packed racer. Enjoy.

Curious, have you played Wipeout HD?

#19 Posted by Elpresador-911 (288 posts) -

great month for PS+

#20 Posted by Allicrombie (25197 posts) -

i love downloading free games and never playing them.

#21 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17468 posts) -

I wanted to get Strider so I'm happy

#22 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11257 posts) -

Damn it. I just got Strider last week when it was on sale for XB1. Rest of the stuff looks ok, the best one is Muramasa which I have. Doki doki looks awfully boring.

#23 Edited by SolidTy (42914 posts) -

Alright, Strider for free for PS4! I wanted a fantastic deal on that DD game, but this works out wonderfully. I almost bit the bullet on the Xbone version, but I thought I could do better than the 50%.

Free PS+ game? For a game series I loved a as a kid? SWEET! :)

Definitely was interested in high scoring 87/100 Towerfall PS4 as well. That Towerfall multiplayer looked amazing. Vessel and Muramasa are just icing the cake. Doki Doki is the only questionable title to me, but I'll DL and check it out with my 1TB HDD on the PS3.

I own DeadSpace 3 physical retail, but otherwise this is a great month as far as I'm concerned. :)

I can explain the difference for July between EU and US while I'm here. The US gets the same games save for one change. Sony swapped out Lego Batman 2 on Vita for Muramasa Rebirth on Vita.

Just passing on information for those that care. :)

#24 Posted by rockydog1111 (2076 posts) -

@ninjapirate2000: happy I held off on strider. I was about to buy it yesterday.

#25 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2156 posts) -

Sweet I've been putting off Dead Space 3 since it came out because I heard it was made for bros (co-op based).

#26 Posted by Blabadon (26166 posts) -

@Technoweirdo: Barely. Wasn't a huge fan of it, nor was I big on Pure or Pulse.

2048 is my favorite racer of the past few years though.

#27 Posted by darkspineslayer (19636 posts) -

Nothing for PS3 for me this month, already own Strider and might try Doki Doki.

If nothing else, this is a good excuse to get back to Muramasa.

#28 Posted by jg4xchamp (47944 posts) -

Strider

#29 Posted by yokofox33 (29544 posts) -

Muramasa, Sweet. Was hoping US would get it as soon as it was announced for Europe.

#30 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16319 posts) -

Wow, much better then this month. Some actual games that I wanna play.

#31 Posted by lamprey263 (23635 posts) -

good, maybe Dead Space 3 might get some love, it was actually a pretty fun game

if anything did this game more harm though it was the awful demo, the actual game though was a lot more fun, especially once you get the hang of the new weapon creation and customization system

#32 Posted by jsmoke03 (12872 posts) -

anyone here play vessel?

#33 Posted by equanox214 (128 posts) -

bad ass line up im pretty sad i just bought towerfall last week =[ oh well

#34 Edited by aroxx_ab (9565 posts) -

Strider and Muramasa looks cool to bad i dont own Vita:/

#35 Posted by xhawk27 (7278 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

Alright, Strider for free for PS4! I wanted a fantastic deal on that DD game, but this works out wonderfully. I almost bit the bullet on the Xbone version, but I thought I could do better than the 50%.

Free PS+ game? For a game series I loved a as a kid? SWEET! :)

Definitely was interested in high scoring 87/100 Towerfall PS4 as well. That Towerfall multiplayer looked amazing. Vessel and Muramasa are just icing the cake. Doki Doki is the only questionable title to me, but I'll DL and check it out with my 1TB HDD on the PS3.

I own DeadSpace 3 physical retail, but otherwise this is a great month as far as I'm concerned. :)

I can explain the difference for July between EU and US while I'm here. The US gets the same games save for one change. Sony swapped out Lego Batman 2 on Vita for Muramasa Rebirth on Vita.

Just passing on information for those that care. :)

You know 50% off isn't anything awful either. lol Still can't beat free, I am sure a few months from now it'll be free on XBL too.

I got Deadspace 3 for free last year because of the free game EA gave away because of the SimCity mess.

#36 Posted by onewiththegame (4247 posts) -

I'll download Strider

#37 Posted by lostrib (36251 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

Alright, Strider for free for PS4! I wanted a fantastic deal on that DD game, but this works out wonderfully. I almost bit the bullet on the Xbone version, but I thought I could do better than the 50%.

Free PS+ game? For a game series I loved a as a kid? SWEET! :)

Definitely was interested in high scoring 87/100 Towerfall PS4 as well. That Towerfall multiplayer looked amazing. Vessel and Muramasa are just icing the cake. Doki Doki is the only questionable title to me, but I'll DL and check it out with my 1TB HDD on the PS3.

I own DeadSpace 3 physical retail, but otherwise this is a great month as far as I'm concerned. :)

I can explain the difference for July between EU and US while I'm here. The US gets the same games save for one change. Sony swapped out Lego Batman 2 on Vita for Muramasa Rebirth on Vita.

Just passing on information for those that care. :)

You know 50% off isn't anything awful either. lol Still can't beat free, I am sure a few months from now it'll be free on XBL too.

I got Deadspace 3 for free last year because of the free game EA gave away because of the SimCity mess.

why is that?

#38 Posted by xhawk27 (7278 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

Alright, Strider for free for PS4! I wanted a fantastic deal on that DD game, but this works out wonderfully. I almost bit the bullet on the Xbone version, but I thought I could do better than the 50%.

Free PS+ game? For a game series I loved a as a kid? SWEET! :)

Definitely was interested in high scoring 87/100 Towerfall PS4 as well. That Towerfall multiplayer looked amazing. Vessel and Muramasa are just icing the cake. Doki Doki is the only questionable title to me, but I'll DL and check it out with my 1TB HDD on the PS3.

I own DeadSpace 3 physical retail, but otherwise this is a great month as far as I'm concerned. :)

I can explain the difference for July between EU and US while I'm here. The US gets the same games save for one change. Sony swapped out Lego Batman 2 on Vita for Muramasa Rebirth on Vita.

Just passing on information for those that care. :)

You know 50% off isn't anything awful either. lol Still can't beat free, I am sure a few months from now it'll be free on XBL too.

I got Deadspace 3 for free last year because of the free game EA gave away because of the SimCity mess.

why is that?

Because XBL only has so many Arcade games at the moment on Xbox One.

#39 Edited by SolidTy (42914 posts) -
@xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

Alright, Strider for free for PS4! I wanted a fantastic deal on that DD game, but this works out wonderfully. I almost bit the bullet on the Xbone version, but I thought I could do better than the 50%.

Free PS+ game? For a game series I loved a as a kid? SWEET! :)

Definitely was interested in high scoring 87/100 Towerfall PS4 as well. That Towerfall multiplayer looked amazing. Vessel and Muramasa are just icing the cake. Doki Doki is the only questionable title to me, but I'll DL and check it out with my 1TB HDD on the PS3.

I own DeadSpace 3 physical retail, but otherwise this is a great month as far as I'm concerned. :)

I can explain the difference for July between EU and US while I'm here. The US gets the same games save for one change. Sony swapped out Lego Batman 2 on Vita for Muramasa Rebirth on Vita.

Just passing on information for those that care. :)

You know 50% off isn't anything awful either. lol Still can't beat free, I am sure a few months from now it'll be free on XBL too.

I got Deadspace 3 for free last year because of the free game EA gave away because of the SimCity mess.

I didn't say 50% off was awful, but for DD games it's not wonderful either, the sweet spot is 66% and 75% which almost always happen at some point owning all the machines including my four PCs. In this case 100% due to PS+ of even better! 50% wasn't enough for me to clamp down on with a DD titles, almost never is that cheap enough considering what consumers give up (lend/trade/SELL). I have tons of DD games on Steam, non-steam PC, XBL, PSN, Wii, etc that I don't like and I can't sell or give to friends. It's nice to know I got them cheap at least since I gave up consumer rights in obtaining those DD games.

Regarding 50% or more discounts. PSN had the Walking Dead Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us for more than 50% off last week ($9 and change) last week and I walked away because I know it will go cheaper, probably by Halloween. With DD games that I can't give away, trade, or sell, I never pay close to the retail price and I never will. Once upon a time I paid full price for DD games and I learned my lesson with hundreds spent and I'll never do it again. I'll do it for physical retail copies, but not DD.

Maybe Strider will be free in a few months on XBL (because most multiplats that have been free on XBL were free first on PSN), but I hope not since I'll already own it on PS4 considering today's news.

Anyways, I've been looking forward to the high scoring Towerfall (87/100 metascore), so I'm pleased it's a freebie for PS4.

I also got Deadspace 3 free last year on PC as well, I didn't even bring that up. I own the entire series on PC and consoles.