PROOF PS3 is more of a PAIN then swapping a disk on 360.FACTS put it to REST!!!

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GamerGuy07360
Member since 2007 • 422 Posts

The disk swapping excuse is SO LAME.

First off i have a PS3 and everytime you have to do a filmware update which is like every other week it seems. You have to reconnect your USB cable to your PS3 controller to re turn the controller on. And this is way more of a pain then having to switch a disk in a game that will be far and few on 360.

So this is the FACTS and the TRUTH so i would say PLEASE NEVER EVER EVER try and use the disk swapping excuse EVER EVER again. Because the real TRUTH is it will be very far and few if you ever do on the 360. And even so it's nowhere near as much of a pain as having to reconnect your PS3 controller to restart the controller every time you do the seemingly very often Sony filmware updates.

So anyone that would further try and continue to say the disk swapping excuse. Is doing nothing more then giving and extremely bad name to the Sony fans/Cows!

Anyone that would dispute this is clearly not on an ave, intelligence level as the rest of us.

So yes the TRUTH is it's more of a PAIN owning a PS3 then it would ever be having to swap a disk on 360.

donut349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 donut349
Member since 2003 • 3951 Posts

First off i have a PS3 and everytime you have to do a filmware update...

GamerGuy07360

...I stopped reading :?
GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GamerGuy07360
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

donut349

And why becuase of your denial?

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts
Ok if you say so.
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
lmao!
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
[QUOTE="donut349"][QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

GamerGuy07360

You have valid points TC.
meischris39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#7 meischris39
Member since 2004 • 5432 Posts
Its not the fact disk swapping is bad, its that a multi disk game costs a hell of a lot more to produce than a one disk game. Even with the blu ray and dvd price differences, its just not cost effective.
GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GamerGuy07360

Ok if you say so.aroxx_ab

I'm not trying to convince anyone it is the TRUTH!!!

donut349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 donut349
Member since 2003 • 3951 Posts
[QUOTE="donut349"][QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

GamerGuy07360

...Why would I be in denial becuase you misspelled Firmware?

I've never known a Manticore in denial...
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts

So this is the FACTS and the TRUTH

GamerGuy07360

Not it's not. It's just your OPINION.
GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GamerGuy07360

Its not the fact disk swapping is bad, its that a multi disk game costs a hell of a lot more to produce than a one disk game. Even with the blu ray and dvd price differences, its just not cost effective.meischris39

You have got to be kidding right?

Ok even with the far and few games that you might have to swap disk. With the development cost so high no matter what on games. I'm sure the developers are not concerned about multiple disk and it's cost. It's comparible to Blu-Ray on and extra long game.

Ngon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ngon
Member since 2004 • 2782 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"][QUOTE="donut349"][QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

donut349

ahahahha

GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GamerGuy07360
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

TekkenMaster606

Ok open your tray put disk in close tray YOUR DONE.

Ok grab your USb cable plug it in to your PS3 and then plug it in to your controller. Now hit the button. Ok unplug your USB cable and put it back in your safe keeping spot. YEP!!! you should know it takes longer to do the PS3 plug and unplug.

GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GamerGuy07360
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

GamerGuy07360

Ok grab your USb cable plug it in to your PS3 and then plug it in to your controller. Now hit the button. Ok unplug your USB cable and put it back in your safe keeping spot. YEP!!! you should know it takes longer to do the PS3 plug and unplug.

Oh and also it happens much more often on the PS3 having to do this with all there updates.

Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts

Anyone who is so lazy that they can't get up & switch out a disc is pretty sad.  But beyond that, who cares?  The 360 & PS3 are both really awesome systems & neither one of them ever put me out so much that I feel like I was inconvenienced or something. 

Fanboys must really be desperate for something to argue about if disc-swapping is the best they can come up with, (and Blue Dragon will be the first game out of hundreds on the 360 to even have multiple discs so it's obviously a non-issue).

And to the Thread Creator, stop hyping yourself.  Your ideas were all over the place, your "facts" were nothing more than opinions & you really haven't have said much beyond that standard fanboy blah, blah, blah.  You're giving yourself way too much credit.

GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GamerGuy07360
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"][QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

GamerGuy07360

Oh and also it happens much more often on the PS3 having to do this with all there updates.

Hey MODS can we have a thread to be dedicated to NEVER have the disk swap excuse again please. I think i have made my point and these are the truth and facts.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts
does that say filmware?
meischris39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 meischris39

[QUOTE="meischris39"]Its not the fact disk swapping is bad, its that a multi disk game costs a hell of a lot more to produce than a one disk game. Even with the blu ray and dvd price differences, its just not cost effective.GamerGuy07360

Ok even with the far and few games that you might have to swap disk. With the development cost so high no matter what on games. I'm sure the developers are not concerned about multiple disk and it's cost. It's comparible to Blu-Ray on and extra long game.

Your not seeing the bigger picture that is that most games in the future WILL require 1 or more dvd's take a game like blue dragon, thats on 4 dvd's yet uses text to communicate with characters instead of raw audio. Development costs also go down if they don't have to use multiple resources on compressing every single bit of data file. And lastly developers are concerned with multiple disk costs, hence the reason that games that are surefire going to use more than 1 dvd are all on the ps3.
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
I see nothing but more opinions.

YOUR OPINION is that you think the firmware upgrade process is MORE of a PAIN than swapping disks.

Other people may not see it your way...

YOUR OPINION.

Where are the FACTS and PROOF?
BigBadButters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BigBadButters
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts
the only thing i see as a problem with this situation is that 360s format will actually hold back games like GTAIV from being as big as they should on PS3 cuz its multiplat. games like that it wouldnt work to disk swap so either the PS3 version suffers or it has alot of additional content. but i still think 50 gigs is way more than any game will need, this gen anyway
GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GamerGuy07360

Huh???  I own both, they both rock.  I win.  /thread.ColoradoKindBud

Agreed,

I just hate it when we still get these but but but disk swap crap. It's a grasp for complete fake ownage when there is no ownage to be had by saying this. And it seems all cows go to this old faithful when they have nothing else to say in any onage thread on here. And the fact is the disk swap excuse is not even as bad as what you need to do on the PS3.

fartgorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fartgorilla
Member since 2005 • 785 Posts
Its not the fact disk swapping is bad, its that a multi disk game costs a hell of a lot more to produce than a one disk game. Even with the blu ray and dvd price differences, its just not cost effective.meischris39
Um, I don't know about that...ten cents, mabye? The bulk of development cost goes to paying developers, not manufacturing. I'm pretty sure they can do it all in one facility without too much fuss. If not, we'd see multi-disc DVDs selling for a hell of a lot more than single disc DVDs -- instead of just a few bucks (depending upon the DVD, of course). Please correct me if you know something about the manufacturing process that I don't! I agree with the TC that disc swapping ain't no big thang. I remember a time when I was impressed that a game came on two discs.
Avatar image for -GeordiLaForge-
-GeordiLaForge-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -GeordiLaForge-
Member since 2006 • 7167 Posts
[QUOTE="meischris39"]Its not the fact disk swapping is bad, its that a multi disk game costs a hell of a lot more to produce than a one disk game. Even with the blu ray and dvd price differences, its just not cost effective.fartgorilla
Um, I don't know about that...ten cents, mabye? The bulk of development cost goes to paying developers, not manufacturing. I'm pretty sure they can do it all in one facility without too much fuss. If not, we'd see multi-disc DVDs selling for a hell of a lot more than single disc DVDs -- instead of just a few bucks (depending upon the DVD, of course). Please correct me if you know something about the manufacturing process that I don't! I agree with the TC that disc swapping ain't no big thang. I remember a time when I was impressed that a game came on two discs.

You are right. DVD's are so much cheaper than Blu-Ray to produce, multiple DVD's is still cheaper than a single Blu-Ray disc.
DaddyDC650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaddyDC650
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

First off i have a PS3 and everytime you have to do a filmware update which is like every other week it seems. You have to reconnect your USB cable to your PS3 controller to re turn the controller on. And this is way more of a pain then having to switch a disk in a game that will be far and few on 360.

So this is the FACTS and the TRUTH so i would say PLEASE NEVER EVER EVER try and use the disk swapping excuse EVER EVER again. Because the real TRUTH is it will be very far and few if you ever do on the 360. And even so it's nowhere near as much of a pain as having to reconnect your PS3 controller to restart the controller every time you do the seemingly very often Sony filmware updates.

So anyone that would further try and continue to say the disk swapping excuse. Is doing nothing more then giving and extremely bad name to the Sony fans/Cows!

Anyone that would dispute this is clearly not on an ave, intelligence level as the rest of us.

So yes the TRUTH is it's more of a PAIN owning a PS3 then it would ever be having to swap a disk on 360.

GamerGuy07360
How can you compare them both??? Disc swapping is a pain in the @ss. Inserting a usb cable once every few months after a firmware update is perfectly fine unless you're a 500 pound beast that never moves.
meischris39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 meischris39
To my knowledge 2 dvd's is more costly than 1 blu ray. I read it somewhere during an article on resistance.
palaric8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 palaric8
Member since 2006 • 2246 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

donut349

lol me too
Blackfriend8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Blackfriend8
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts
well it depends on which game if u have a game like blue dragon which is on 3 disc its fine because its an rpg and goes in order and is so u only have to switch every few hours but what if gta4 is huge and for each city you had to switch discs that would suck if you where flying around in a plane and you get to a city border and u have to switch a disc.
Svarthek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Svarthek
Member since 2005 • 1431 Posts
Who cares, is this an argument about who can be more lazy because their system makes it easier to change games? ...cuz if it is...be ashamed.
GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts

So youd rather open up a game box take out the game, then open the  console tray take the game out and put the other game, then  put a usb cord in wich takes like 1 second. 

Kinitari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kinitari
Member since 2005 • 3472 Posts
To my knowledge 2 dvd's is more costly than 1 blu ray. I read it somewhere during an article on resistance.meischris39
I cant remember where, but I might have read something similar, and it would probably be 2 DVD9's.

edit: but I don't think that or the physical act of switching disc's is an issue with me at all... I think the big issue is whether or not DVD9 as a format will hold back game development, as developers cater to the smaller media size.
lilrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lilrush
Member since 2005 • 1695 Posts
[QUOTE="meischris39"]Its not the fact disk swapping is bad, its that a multi disk game costs a hell of a lot more to produce than a one disk game. Even with the blu ray and dvd price differences, its just not cost effective.fartgorilla

Yes, but if it costs them 10 cents more, it will cost us dollars more.
jack244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jack244
Member since 2003 • 282 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

[QUOTE="meischris39"]Its not the fact disk swapping is bad, its that a multi disk game costs a hell of a lot more to produce than a one disk game. Even with the blu ray and dvd price differences, its just not cost effective.meischris39

Your not seeing the bigger picture that is that most games in the future WILL require 1 or more dvd's take a game like blue dragon, thats on 4 dvd's yet uses text to communicate with characters instead of raw audio. Development costs also go down if they don't have to use multiple resources on compressing every single bit of data file. And lastly developers are concerned with multiple disk costs, hence the reason that games that are surefire going to use more than 1 dvd are all on the ps3.

Multi disk 360 games still cost less than PS3 games to develop. Blue Dragon also only uses more than 1 disc because the game uses tons of huge HD-CG cutcenes. Mark my words, most games wont use multiple discs.

jack244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jack244
Member since 2003 • 282 Posts

[QUOTE="fartgorilla"][QUOTE="meischris39"]Its not the fact disk swapping is bad, its that a multi disk game costs a hell of a lot more to produce than a one disk game. Even with the blu ray and dvd price differences, its just not cost effective.lilrush

Yes, but if it costs them 10 cents more, it will cost us dollars more.

Since when do multiple disc games cost more than single disc games? As far as I remember Resident Evil 2, FF 7 used multiple discs and cost the same as any other games.

insomnia37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 insomnia37
Member since 2004 • 1442 Posts

First off i have a PS3 and everytime you have to do a filmware update which is like every other week it seems. You have to reconnect your USB cable to your PS3 controller to re turn the controller on. And this is way more of a pain then having to switch a disk in a game that will be far and few on 360.

GamerGuy07360
I don't think the topic of dics swapping on the 360 is lame because the 360 is supposed to be a next gen consol and dics swapping is what people had to deal with, with their PSone. If ms didn't rush to get the xflop in the market a year before the other consols maybe they would have made the right decision to put games on HD-DVD( that has much more space)right from the beginnning.
ps3gen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ps3gen
Member since 2005 • 2023 Posts
wtf ? lmao and thats a problem...wow lemming never seem to suprise me..
bman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 bman000
Member since 2006 • 3592 Posts
I lol'd. The firmware updates must be annoying though.
gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gsx1100
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
How many accounts does this troll have?
666vertigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 666vertigo
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

GamerGuy07360
I don't know if you're just really lazy? Or just another troll?
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts
Hmm, syncing a controller to the system maybe once a month, or when multi disc games come out changing them everytime I play.. Yeah sounds like the controller is so much harder and time efficient. Get real. This is your argument to counter the disc changing argument (which is petty in itself)?
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#40 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

donut349

Yeah, too bad that was towards the end of the post....
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bgrngod

Hey MODS can we have a thread to be dedicated to NEVER have the disk swap excuse again please. I think i have made my point and these are the truth and facts.

GamerGuy07360

"and these are the truth and facts."

I don't use LOL a whole lot in posts....but LOL

Just because you said it, does not make it truth nor fact. Every time I see a post using this kind of statement I can't help but think it's some 10 year old who just took the "Fact vs. Non-fact" leason in their 5th grade class and came to the conclusion that stating something is a fact will make everyone just believe it to be so. Or they just have crappy english.

munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
The disk swapping exuse is not because of ease, it's because to prove that blu-ray or more space is needed. Microsoft could have put added the HD-DVD drive (or blu-ray) drive without much problem and added 6GB or 21GB of space to each game. So if disc swamping occures with any of the xbox360's DVD-9's it means that DVD-9 is a bit too out dated for a console for this gen and microsoft should have put HD-DVD or blu-ray in their xbox360.
useLOGIC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 useLOGIC
Member since 2006 • 2802 Posts

GamerGuy07360

only fanboys say that switching discs is a hassle.

the truth is, a devs may have to leave certain content off the second disc that was on the first. this becomes a problem when you have a giant wide open world. now that youre on the second disc, there are places from the first that are blocked off.

case in point: Final fantasy 7

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

GamerGuy07360

dont u have to take the disc out of the box and put the old disk away as well? also u have to find the box and put the box in a safe place as well?

also i leave my usb cord connected to my ps3 i just hook up the controllers to the usb cord when i have too

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

useLOGIC

only fanboys say that switching discs is a hassle.

the truth is, a devs may have to leave certain content off the second disc that was on the first. this becomes a problem when you have a giant wide open world. now that youre on the second disc, there are places from the first that are blocked off.

case in point: Final fantasy 7

i think fear effect 2 as well

that or they liked making u jump discs randomly

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bgrngod
The disk swapping exuse is not because of ease, it's because to prove that blu-ray or more space is needed. Microsoft could have put added the HD-DVD drive (or blu-ray) drive without much problem and added 6GB or 21GB of space to each game. So if disc swamping occures with any of the xbox360's DVD-9's it means that DVD-9 is a bit too out dated for a console for this gen and microsoft should have put HD-DVD or blu-ray in their xbox360. munu9
Resulting in a need to jack up the price $200 and possibly having blu-ray win the format wars? No thanks. A console that has 1/3rd of the price tag going toward preventing people from needing to swap out disks on a rare occasion is a bad idea. MS new darn well what that were doing, and the made the right choice. Needing to swap out one disk in the middle of 2-3 games that may come out on multiple disks does not warrant the "need" for an HD-DVD drive in the system.
donkeypunchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 donkeypunchero
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts
I see nothing but more opinions.

YOUR OPINION is that you think the firmware upgrade process is MORE of a PAIN than swapping disks.

Other people may not see it your way...

YOUR OPINION.

Where are the FACTS and PROOF?
TekkenMaster606
you need to quit lieing and spreading your sony loving propoganda.
Aclar00_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Aclar00_basic
Member since 2002 • 906 Posts

GamerGuy07360

lol thats funny, try to make plugging in the PS3 much longer than the disk swapping by witholding steps. Let me correct you just for fun

Push open tray button, wait for tray to open, take out disc, set it into its case, grab second disc from case, put into 360 disc tray,  and now push close button. Oh and put game case back on shelf...lol

deadmeat31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deadmeat31
Member since 2003 • 487 Posts

GamerGuy07360
some games work with multi disc's rpg's mainly like blue dragon or final fantasy but when did youlast see a multi disc driving or first person shooter game im guessing the only way this would work with a game needing more thaan 1 dvd would be extencive use for a hard disc and where does that leave all the people who got a core 360 plus although i dont have a ps3 i do have a psp and love the updates on that as i get to see  if it can do new things pluss dosent the 360 have updates nearly as mutch
Aerosmith_Lova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 Aerosmith_Lova
Member since 2006 • 684 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"][QUOTE="donut349"][QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

donut349

o no, he misspelled it, waaa, but wait, you still understood him? so i dont see a problem :|