Project Spark, the next Minecraft?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@HadOne2Many said:

I meant like Minecraft as in a powerhouse on the sales charts, but yes the Little Big Planet comparison is fair enough.

nah, Project Spark doesn't even has a distinctive art-style to begin with and that's very important for mass appeal. Project Spark is basically a game engine for beginners that want to make games instead of playing them. A pretty niche market if you ask me.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5859 Posts

Project Spark is a great start to getting kids to program (well after Kudo) and fits well with the new curriculum (UK).

Its a whole lot of fun and is Microsoft's answer to LBP. It can do things better now and its still in beta.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

It's definitely interesting. Would love to see it on the PS4.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#54 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts
@Joedgabe said:

@pelvist said:

Sticks and Starships: Genesis looks like what Minecraft 2 should be.

wow.. that actually looked really great o_o

I thought so too, very ambitious that is for sure.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@kuu2: How is that a dumb comment? You can't create levels in Minecraft like in LittleBigPlanet and Project Spark.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#56 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@HadOne2Many: dude don't waste your time arguing with @juarbles. Guy doesn't have a clue of the depth project spark has, and I need links to the lemmings saying shadow complex would be that successful. That cow just flat out lies.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

@HadOne2Many: Wait... Windows 8.1 only? Ya was extremely interested in this game up until that. Guess I'll be playing other games, way to lose sales microsoft.

Oh and this will never be the next minecraft. It would have to exist outside of 1 operating system and a console.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#58 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

If it's anything like Minecraft, it won't catch on at all. We already have Minecraft and that's what people want to play.

The only way to win the Minecraft lottery again is to come up with something totally awesome and totally different that nobody has seen before and have it spread like wildfire.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

Didn't know lems were interested in little big planet.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@juarbles: do you really believe anyone here believes your assessment? How much time have you spent with the beta? Read @SolidTy's posts. He's no lem and he states it is more advanced and the next step up from LBP. You can't see anything objectively because you're close minded about anything not Sony. That's such a sad, limited way to live and game.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@pelvist said:

Sticks and Starships: Genesis looks like what Minecraft 2 should be.

DO WANT

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#62 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@juarbles said:

Wow lems are delusional. It's a poor man's LBP at best. I remember lems claiming that Shadow Complex was better than Metroid and will become a bigger classic. Lems should use a dosis of reality from time to time.

It allows a lot more creative freedom than LBP in my experience. I'm not a fan of either game, but if you think Spark is a limited version of little big planet, your kidding yourself.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Its more like MS's Little Big Planet... but no, not the next minecraft.

Minecraft..... appeals to anyone age 5+, is a very simple overall game essentially a modern day lego. it also runs on java and 10 year old machines/laptops and is a small purchase on now all consoles.

no chance... being limited to windows 8.1 and xbox one will it ever be a Minecraft.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

Its more like MS's Little Big Planet... but no, not the next minecraft.

Minecraft..... appeals to anyone age 5+, is a very simple overall game essentially a modern day lego. it also runs on java and 10 year old machines/laptops and is a small purchase on now all consoles.

no chance... being limited to windows 8.1 and xbox one will it ever be a Minecraft.

That sums it up rather tidy,.

No Chance.

Zero

Nada

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

I can't be bothered to build my own game.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

@ribstaylor1 said:

@HadOne2Many: Wait... Windows 8.1 only? Ya was extremely interested in this game up until that. Guess I'll be playing other games, way to lose sales microsoft.

Oh and this will never be the next minecraft. It would have to exist outside of 1 operating system and a console.

Yeah, the reason (excuse?) they gave was that Windows 8.1 and above has a built in function that allows your progress and in game purchases to be shared across all you devices. For example I have a Surface Pro and and Xbox One. I can work on the game using my tablet, save it, then have my son test it out on the Xbox. It is a really nice feature to be honest.

By the way 360 support is planned too, but isn't in the Beta.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

@HadOne2Many said:

@ribstaylor1 said:

Yeah, the reason (excuse?) they gave was that Windows 8.1 and above has a built in function that allows your progress and in game purchases to be shared across all you devices. For example I have a Surface Pro and and Xbox One. I can work on the game using my tablet, save it, then have my son test it out on the Xbox. It is a really nice feature to be honest.

By the way 360 support is planned too, but isn't in the Beta.

Good business decisions right there... Just avoid 49% of computers out there so we can sell our product to the 10% of the global computer market. All for a set of features the majority of people won't even use. I can understand not supporting xp/vista but not supporting their largest market is absurd. It's no wonder their gaming division is looked at with skeptical eyes by share holders. When they are making decisions like that I'd be questioning who the **** is leading this charge and throwing away potential money.