Project Dark trailer -- Maybe it is PS3 exclusive?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

LINK

---

I'm only assuming, but at the end it only has a PS3 logo. Then again...rumour has it that it's only exclusive in Japan, and this is a trailer for TGS. Anywhos, then certainly does look like a sequel to Demon's Souls.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

It's PS3 exclusive in Japan, this trailer is from Tokyo Game Show. It's multiplat in America/Europe.

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts

It's PS3 exclusive in Japan, this trailer is from Tokyo Game Show. It's multiplat in America/Europe.

waltefmoney
/inb4 "International edition" xD
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
It showed up on some list of future Namco-Bandai releases, and From software lists a 360 release on their English Website (only PS3 listed on japan website). So basically it sounds like Namco picked it up to publish for western markets instead of Atlus publishing it ilke they did with Demon Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes.
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#5 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

if it was exclusive, they would obviously have just gone out and called it demon's souls 2, but they want about it at a very subtle matter, it's a new IP, but still Demon's Souls.

THat way they can make it multiplat.

can't say I'm too stoked though, I would prefer Demon's Souls 2 instead.

theSADmafioso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6 theSADmafioso
Member since 2008 • 482 Posts

Demon's Souls is my favorite game this gen and I love it, but I'm losing alot of my hype because Sony Studio Japan no longer seems involved. I think those guys are a large part on why Demon's Souls turned out as good as it did. I'm still very excited about it but more worried than I was when I first heard about it.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Demon's Soul's 2 Sigma ;)

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Demon's Souls is my favorite game this gen and I love it, but I'm losing alot of my hype because Sony Studio Japan no longer seems involved. I think those guys are a large part on why Demon's Souls turned out as good as it did. I'm still very excited about it but more worried than I was when I first heard about it.

theSADmafioso

Me to! FF13 was already ruined due to the 360s limitations, I feel as though demon's soul will share the same fate :(

iammason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 iammason
Member since 2004 • 4189 Posts
[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]

LINK

---

I'm only assuming, but at the end it only has a PS3 logo. Then again...rumour has it that it's only exclusive in Japan, and this is a trailer for TGS. Anywhos, then certainly does look like a sequel to Demon's Souls.

The reason why the trailer only shows the Sony logo is because the trailer was shown at Sony's press conference. It would look silly if they had put their competitors logo there.
Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts

coasterguy65
thats a good name !
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#11 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts
[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="theSADmafioso"]

Me to! FF13 was already ruined due to the 360s limitations, I feel as though demon's soul will share the same fate :(

ff13 was going to be terrible regardless. :lol:
johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts
I dont care if its multiplat or not, as long as its as good as demons souls, but theres seems to be a trend this gen that previous playstation exclusive or playstation known game that went to 360 has became just an average game, like FF, dmc, tekken, RE, etc...
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Loved Demon's Souls and am really excited for Project Dark. Gonna get it on the 360 though cause i prefer the live integration it will receive.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="theSADmafioso"]

Dead-Memories

ff13 was going to be terrible regardless. :lol:

maybe, but I'm sure all the extra content cut out because of the 360 version would have helped the game rather than gimp it :)

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
Another awesome game thats gonna go AAe... DMC,Tekken,FF3 all went AAe .MGS4 stayed and 'actually' scored a 10.If it was another Reviewer im pretty sure it would be a 'SOLID' 9.5 looks like same fate..:( sad..very sad
iMojo786_PSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 iMojo786_PSN
Member since 2010 • 1641 Posts

Loved Demon's Souls and am really excited for Project Dark. Gonna get it on the 360 though cause i prefer the live integration it will receive.

Fizzman

*sigh* plus *facepalm" game ruined by community before its even luanched folks :cry:

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

coasterguy65
Lmao. They are pulling a Sigma. :P
santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Fizzman

What "Live integration" would that be? Are you privy to how the new game's online will function?

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SaltyMeatballs

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

santoron

What "Live integration" would that be? Are you privy to how the new game's online will function?

DS2... *ahem* Project Dark, MMO confirmed!!
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="theSADmafioso"]

Espada12

you don't really believe that the 360 had an affect on FF13 poor storyline and character development do you?
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lawlessx

Another awesome game thats gonna go AAe... DMC,Tekken,FF3 all went AAe .MGS4 stayed and 'actually' scored a 10.If it was another Reviewer im pretty sure it would be a 'SOLID' 9.5 looks like same fate..:( sad..very sadRatchet_Fan8

...what's sad is actually thinking the reason why those games got an AA was because it went muitplat

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SaltyMeatballs
[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="theSADmafioso"]

lawlessx

you don't really believe that the 360 had an affect on FF13 poor storyline and character development do you?

If anything, the 360 port only hurt the 360 version: lower res graphics, worse cutscenes, multiple disks. (but hey, slightly smoother framerate) Oh wait, I forgot. No towns because of 360... :roll:
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#23 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
[QUOTE="Espada12"]

[QUOTE="theSADmafioso"]

lawlessx

Obviously porting a game to another console cause the storyline to crumble... oh wait... it doesn't! Then if the 360 isn't at fault whose to blame for FF13?!? *Stares at Square Enix*
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lawlessx

[QUOTE="lawlessx"][QUOTE="Espada12"]

SaltyMeatballs

If anything, the 360 port only hurt the 360 version: lower res graphics, worse cutscenes, multiple disks. (but hey, slightly smoother framerate) Oh wait, I forgot. No towns because of 360... :roll:

Final fantasy 13 was in development on the ps3 for years and was only ported to the 360 After it was complete on the ps3. It's crazy to think the developers had to go back and pretty much redo the entire format of the game just because it was heading to the 360.

And before anyone talks about the deleted content that would have "made the game better"..do yourself a favor and look up what was takin out the final game.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts

[QUOTE="Ratchet_Fan8"]Another awesome game thats gonna go AAe... DMC,Tekken,FF3 all went AAe .MGS4 stayed and 'actually' scored a 10.If it was another Reviewer im pretty sure it would be a 'SOLID' 9.5 looks like same fate..:( sad..very sadlawlessx

...what's sad is actually thinking the reason why those games got an AA was because it went muitplat

Who knows?Maybe it t3h truth. If they stayed on PS3 one of the games might've actually got AAAE.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lawlessx

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="Ratchet_Fan8"]Another awesome game thats gonna go AAe... DMC,Tekken,FF3 all went AAe .MGS4 stayed and 'actually' scored a 10.If it was another Reviewer im pretty sure it would be a 'SOLID' 9.5 looks like same fate..:( sad..very sadRatchet_Fan8

Who knows?Maybe it t3h truth. If they stayed on PS3 one of the games might've actually got AAAE.

why? the game was built for the PS3 and ran best on it. I think the issue here is that the hardcore fanboys don't want to admit sqaure enix actually messed up a main Final fantasy title and want to look for a scapegoat

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hexashadow13

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="lawlessx"] you don't really believe that the 360 had an affect on FF13 poor storyline and character development do you?lawlessx

Final fantasy 13 was in development on the ps3 for years and was only ported to the 360 After it was complete on the ps3. It's crazy to think the developers had to go back and pretty much redo the entire format of the game just because it was heading to the 360.

And before anyone talks about the deleted content that would have "made the game better"..do yourself a favor and look up what was takin out the final game.

I just did. First time. http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/01/13/ffxiii_deleted_content/ Wut? Totally didn't think it was that major... O.o
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lawlessx

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] If anything, the 360 port only hurt the 360 version: lower res graphics, worse cutscenes, multiple disks. (but hey, slightly smoother framerate) Oh wait, I forgot. No towns because of 360... :roll:hexashadow13

I just did. First time. http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/01/13/ffxiii_deleted_content/ Wut? Totally didn't think it was that major... O.o

yeah im sure GS would have givin the game an 9.0 for that:P

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hexashadow13

[QUOTE="hexashadow13"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]

lawlessx

I think its quite possible. It seems that there was more opportunity for exploration and side quests in those zones. Enough for a whole game. That would have made a huge difference.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lawlessx

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="hexashadow13"] I just did. First time. http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/01/13/ffxiii_deleted_content/ Wut? Totally didn't think it was that major... O.ohexashadow13

I think its quite possible. It seems that there was more opportunity for exploration and side quests in those zones. Enough for a whole game. That would have made a huge difference.

not worth an extra .5 in my opinion.