Project Cars provides us Car Porn (56k)

  • 89 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69806 posts) -

Is this worthy of being pretty enough for you SW? The last screenshots shared were in engine, so i suspect these are aswell

Here is the trailer aswell

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (38770 posts) -

This gets my engine going.

#3 Posted by bobbetybob (19126 posts) -

This gets my engine going.

I know right, it really gets my stick shifting.

#4 Posted by Ribnarak (2287 posts) -

dayummm

#5 Posted by xhawk27 (7211 posts) -

Looks like Forza 5..... :D

#6 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10205 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

This gets my engine going.

I know right, it really gets my stick shifting.

You guys need to pump your brakes, wait for the actual game before you start revving your engines!

#7 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69806 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:
@freedomfreak said:

This gets my engine going.

I know right, it really gets my stick shifting.

You guys need to pump your brakes, wait for the actual game before you start revving your engines!

Maybe their engines are already running and they've already used up all their gas :3

#8 Posted by Telekill (4339 posts) -

Is this a simulator or arcade racer? I don't find simulators fun no matter how good the graphics are.

#9 Edited by Boggle_Dragon (87 posts) -

Pic's look really good, is this the same/modified engine that was used for Shift?

#10 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69806 posts) -

@boggle_dragon: Correct me if i am wrong, but i think it's a new engine. I might be wrong though

@Telekill: it's a sim racer

#11 Posted by foxhound_fox (87373 posts) -

The amateur photographer in me questions why the pavement is blurred in shots featuring a fully focused car model.

#12 Edited by Telekill (4339 posts) -

@foxhound_fox: The answer is physics. The camera is moving with the car while the ground is stationary. Due to that, The ground appears blurred because the camera can't focus on the concrete. Neither could your eyes.

#13 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69806 posts) -

updated the first post with a trailer

#14 Edited by Ben-Buja (2779 posts) -

@Telekill said:

Is this a simulator or arcade racer? I don't find simulators fun no matter how good the graphics are.

Sim with the possibility of turning on a lot of aids that make it more arcadish

#15 Posted by foxhound_fox (87373 posts) -

@Telekill said:

@foxhound_fox: The answer is physics. The camera is moving with the car while the ground is stationary. Due to that, The ground appears blurred because the camera can't focus on the concrete. Neither could your eyes.

It looks like it's covering up sub-par pavement textures.

#16 Edited by GamingGod999 (2940 posts) -

Will this game ever escape the testing phase of its development?

#17 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38210 posts) -

@Telekill said:

@foxhound_fox: The answer is physics. The camera is moving with the car while the ground is stationary. Due to that, The ground appears blurred because the camera can't focus on the concrete. Neither could your eyes.

It looks like it's covering up sub-par pavement textures.

Here's a shots of ground textures

#18 Edited by BldgIrsh (1303 posts) -

@lglz1337 This is how you do rain. "spreadsheet race"

#19 Posted by faizan_faizan (7846 posts) -

@Telekill said:

@foxhound_fox: The answer is physics. The camera is moving with the car while the ground is stationary. Due to that, The ground appears blurred because the camera can't focus on the concrete. Neither could your eyes.

It looks like it's covering up sub-par pavement textures.

It's just motion blur.

#20 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69806 posts) -
#21 Posted by Gue1 (9437 posts) -

racing games and their bullshots. lol

#22 Posted by JangoWuzHere (16021 posts) -

I just don't find racing games all that impressive anymore. Unless they go above and beyond in everything, then it's really not all that enjoyable to look at.

#23 Edited by Zethrickk382 (134 posts) -

Nextgen Burnout is probably the only racer I'd get hyped about. Lol Looks great never the less.

#24 Edited by remiks00 (1641 posts) -

Holy shit those shots look awesome! DriveClub and PCars are hands down the best looking racing games I've seen.

#25 Posted by clyde46 (44081 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

racing games and their bullshots. lol

Project Cars on PC doesn't bullshit, you just need a monster rig to get screens that good.

#26 Posted by remiks00 (1641 posts) -

Nextgen Burnout is probably the only racer I'd get hyped about. Lol Looks great never the less.

Man, I really want another Burnout Revenge!

#27 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69806 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

Holy shit those shots look awesome! DriveClub and PCars are hands down the best looking racing games I've seen.

If i am not mistaken, these are the shots from Wii U

#28 Posted by blackace (20061 posts) -

Hope we get a demo for this game. I have a feeling we won't though.

#29 Posted by MrYaotubo (2610 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

Holy shit those shots look awesome! DriveClub and PCars are hands down the best looking racing games I've seen.

If i am not mistaken, these are the shots from Wii U

You are mistaken,all shots we´ve seen of the game are from the PC version,they haven´t shown any of the ports yet.

#30 Edited by Mystery_Writer (7888 posts) -

#31 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69806 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@remiks00 said:

Holy shit those shots look awesome! DriveClub and PCars are hands down the best looking racing games I've seen.

If i am not mistaken, these are the shots from Wii U

You are mistaken,all shots we´ve seen of the game are from the PC version,they haven´t shown any of the ports yet.

you sure? This was part of the set

#32 Edited by MrYaotubo (2610 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MrYaotubo said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@remiks00 said:

Holy shit those shots look awesome! DriveClub and PCars are hands down the best looking racing games I've seen.

If i am not mistaken, these are the shots from Wii U

You are mistaken,all shots we´ve seen of the game are from the PC version,they haven´t shown any of the ports yet.

you sure? This was part of the set

Pretty sure,I backed the game and I´m in the forums regularly,all they´ve shown is from the PC version,stated by Ian Bell quite a few times already. Also,all the shots made by the community are all from the PC version(you know,the ones that we keep seeing all the time on PCARS threads),obviously because the PC version is the only one available to the community at this stage.

Boxart was already shown before for the now scrapped 360 port as well(at least on the forums),but just like every console port,still no actual gameplay/in game shots. Only if they just now started showing console footage,I havent looked on the forums or kept up with it for over a week now,but a quick glance a couple of mins ago shows that its still pretty much the same.

#33 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69806 posts) -

@MrYaotubo: alright, i just thought that was the case because this was a part of the set then

#34 Posted by WallofTruth (1401 posts) -

@Telekill said:

@foxhound_fox: The answer is physics. The camera is moving with the car while the ground is stationary. Due to that, The ground appears blurred because the camera can't focus on the concrete. Neither could your eyes.

It looks like it's covering up sub-par pavement textures.

Nope, it just looks like you have never driven a car at medium to high speed. I mean every 10 year old would've seen that those cars are in motion, so obviously the roads are motion-blurred. That's simply how the real world works.

#35 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3306 posts) -
@Telekill said:

Is this a simulator or arcade racer? I don't find simulators fun no matter how good the graphics are.

It's a simulator.

@remiks00 said:

Holy shit those shots look awesome! DriveClub and PCars are hands down the best looking racing games I've seen.

Agreed.

#36 Posted by Sword-Demon (6945 posts) -

looks amazing. too bad racing sims is the most boring genre ever concieved.

#37 Edited by m3dude1 (1042 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Gue1 said:

racing games and their bullshots. lol

Project Cars on PC doesn't bullshit, you just need a monster rig to get screens that good.

you also need to carefully pick a camera angle to hide the terrible looking tracks.

#38 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3306 posts) -
@m3dude1 said:

@clyde46 said:

@Gue1 said:

racing games and their bullshots. lol

Project Cars on PC doesn't bullshit, you just need a monster rig to get screens that good.

you also need to carefully pick a camera angle to hide the terrible looking tracks.

As if it's terrible thou. It really isn't. The environments aren't quite DriveClub level, but the cars are pretty much as detailed.

#39 Posted by MBirdy88 (7438 posts) -

is this game even coming out? I've seen other hermits brag about it for what seems like years.

#40 Posted by ButDuuude (415 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MrYaotubo said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@remiks00 said:

Holy shit those shots look awesome! DriveClub and PCars are hands down the best looking racing games I've seen.

If i am not mistaken, these are the shots from Wii U

You are mistaken,all shots we´ve seen of the game are from the PC version,they haven´t shown any of the ports yet.

you sure? This was part of the set

Pretty sure,I backed the game and I´m in the forums regularly,all they´ve shown is from the PC version,stated by Ian Bell quite a few times already. Also,all the shots made by the community are all from the PC version(you know,the ones that we keep seeing all the time on PCARS threads),obviously because the PC version is the only one available to the community at this stage.

Boxart was already shown before for the now scrapped 360 port as well(at least on the forums),but just like every console port,still no actual gameplay/in game shots. Only if they just now started showing console footage,I havent looked on the forums or kept up with it for over a week now,but a quick glance a couple of mins ago shows that its still pretty much the same.

Here's some PlayStation 4 gameplay

#41 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16254 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

racing games and their bullshots. lol

People who call everything bullshots. lol

#42 Posted by m3dude1 (1042 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@clyde46 said:

@Gue1 said:

racing games and their bullshots. lol

Project Cars on PC doesn't bullshit, you just need a monster rig to get screens that good.

you also need to carefully pick a camera angle to hide the terrible looking tracks.

As if it's terrible thou. It really isn't. The environments aren't quite DriveClub level, but the cars are pretty much as detailed.

yeah the cars look great, too bad the track takes up the majority of the screen, and they rly do look terrible.

#43 Posted by lglz1337 (3116 posts) -

DC looks better TC sorry not impressed

#45 Edited by Ben-Buja (2779 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

yeah the cars look great, too bad the track takes up the majority of the screen, and they rly do look terrible.

Most tracks are not finished yet and full of placeholder objects like the trees.

Here are the newer tree models that are not on all tracks yet:

The bushes and other plants aren't there yet either, but it's planned.

As for the environment, buildings etc. They look good, maybe not the best out there, but certainly not terrible. Don't forget that the game is aiming for 1080P and 60 fps on PS4 and has much more advanced physics than driveclub for example.

#46 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16254 posts) -

@Ben-Buja said:

@m3dude1 said:

yeah the cars look great, too bad the track takes up the majority of the screen, and they rly do look terrible.

Most tracks are not finished yet and full of placeholder objects like the trees.

Here are the newer tree models that are not on all tracks yet:

The bushes and other plants aren't there yet either, but it's planned.

As for the environment, buildings etc. They look good, maybe not the best out there, but certainly not terrible. Don't forget that the game is aiming for 1080P and 60 fps on PS4 and has much more advanced physics than driveclub for example.

Looks insanely detailed, for something you pass by at 100+ mph

#47 Posted by Ben-Buja (2779 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

DC looks better TC sorry not impressed

DC is 30 fps on PS4, Project CARS will be 60 with much more advanced physics.

#48 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16254 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

is this game even coming out? I've seen other hermits brag about it for what seems like years.

That's because it's been in open development for years.

The game isn't called "Community Assisted Racing Simulator" for nothing.

#49 Posted by Ben-Buja (2779 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@clyde46 said:

@Gue1 said:

racing games and their bullshots. lol

Project Cars on PC doesn't bullshit, you just need a monster rig to get screens that good.

you also need to carefully pick a camera angle to hide the terrible looking tracks.

As if it's terrible thou. It really isn't. The environments aren't quite DriveClub level, but the cars are pretty much as detailed.

m3dude1 loves his hyperbole

#50 Posted by Ben-Buja (2779 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@MBirdy88 said:

is this game even coming out? I've seen other hermits brag about it for what seems like years.

That's because it's been in open development for years.

The game isn't called "Community Assisted Racing Simulator" for nothing.

Yep, the development seems unusually long to people because there was a constant flow of new videos and pictures unlike other developments. In reality the length is perfectly normal and the game will release this november.