Problems with the PS4

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Animal-Mother (26233 posts) -

With all the news of the 360 lately I thought I'd lay out the problems with the PS4

Here are the 360 issues

Microsoft addresses Xbox One Kinect privacy concerns (with all the NSA hubub i'm sure kinect will be ultra private)

How game licensing works on the Xbox One (yes, it supports used games) (You will be able to give your Xbox One games to your friends, but only once and only to friends you've known for more than a month. That's according to the new rules shared today about Xbox One game licensing by Microsoft.)

Xbox One requires online connection every 24 hours, at least (With Xbox One you can game offline for up to 24 hours on your primary console, or one hour if you are logged on to a separate console accessing your library," Xbox Wire writes. "Offline gaming is not possible after these prescribed times until you re-establish a connection, but you can still watch live TV and enjoy Blu-ray and DVD movies.")

Problems with the PS4

89AyQB2.jpg

Now I understand we haven't seen or heard a lot in the way of the PS4, but with all this terrible press MS is receieving I'm sure sony is in a comfortable position.

#2 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6630 posts) -

Sony still has plenty of time to shoot themselves in the foot between now and launch, but so far the PS4 looks pretty good.

#3 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3760 posts) -
ps4 best advertisement campaign are the MS press releases
#4 Posted by Davekeeh (4019 posts) -

If Sony doesn't follow suit which they won't, Microsoft is done and will always be remembered as a company trying to screw people over, so their next consoles won't take off either

#5 Posted by clyde46 (43685 posts) -
The NSA has really put its foot in it.
#6 Posted by clyde46 (43685 posts) -

If Sony doesn't follow suit which they won't, Microsoft is done and will always be remembered as a company trying to screw people over, so their next consoles won't take off either

Davekeeh
Sony will follow if the publishers demand it.
#7 Posted by Animal-Mother (26233 posts) -
The NSA has really put its foot in it. clyde46
It's been all over the news today. I'm not worried, Obama is just protecting us from Eurasia. That's right NSA I said it! :D
#8 Posted by TheRealBigRich (706 posts) -

Hopefully sony doesnt mess it up but with MS getting all this bad pr now it would be bad if Sony ended up doing a lot of the same and let us just right before it goes on sell 

#9 Posted by santoron (7467 posts) -
[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

clyde46

Just like NIntendo, Amirite?
#10 Posted by gago-gago (9117 posts) -
I think we'll see some at E3, that's if they don't avoid answering questions.
#11 Posted by Heil68 (42724 posts) -
Only problem with PS4 for me is it's not out yet.
#12 Posted by RR360DD (11418 posts) -

[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

santoron

The Wii U is supported by 3rd party publishers?

:P

#13 Posted by TheRealBigRich (706 posts) -

Davekeeh

You might be right they would be done as a gaming console but you really dont think this thing will still sell to all the casuals and people interested in the cable box stuff 

#14 Posted by Praisedasun (444 posts) -
I can't see Sony screwing up with the PS4. They are taking steps in the right direction,while MS is desperately trying to prove that the Xbox1 isnt a huge pile of s***. Sony will most likely win this gen,but the xbox1 will still have a good number of sales.
#15 Posted by Zophar87 (4337 posts) -

[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

clyde46

After the massive sh*t storm that the Xbone has caused, I would be genuinely surprised if Sony followed suite.

#16 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3678 posts) -

santoron

Yeah i dont understand the logic that Sony would be pressured into it, as if its all the Publishers in the world that wants to use this DRM and as if Sony doesnt have first party n third party and indie support already

#17 Posted by Animal-Mother (26233 posts) -

Only problem with PS4 for me is it's not out yet. Heil68
**** YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. We need to talk, when are you free?

#18 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7263 posts) -

The thing is the press has not been as hard on Sony as MS. MS is the only one taking heat. Sony said how their used games are handled will be left up to the publishers. At a minimum they have a similar structure built into the PS4 as the XBO in order for that to happen. I also seriously doubt they have no idea what is going to happen. Either they are incompetent with just letting other companies with their own interests have their way with Sony's own product or they know people are going to be mad so they are just pushing the blame on others kinda like what MS is trying to do now.

As far as online has Sony said you never ever once have to connect to online? XBO you do not need to be online also to play games but like we all know at least once a day.

I hope Sony does none of these things but to act like things are clear with the PS4 it is crazy. If they do not pull a MS then 1st day buy easy.

#19 Posted by clr84651 (5285 posts) -

There are no problems with PS4. You can keep your PS3 to play games on it and once you're done then trade it and your games in. 

#20 Posted by Zaibach (13424 posts) -

ps4 best advertisement campaign are the MS press releases NEWMAHAY

#21 Posted by Heil68 (42724 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Only problem with PS4 for me is it's not out yet. Animal-Mother

**** YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. We need to talk, when are you free?

tonight I am, I'm at work now.
#22 Posted by NexApex (218 posts) -

:lol: WIN

#23 Posted by clr84651 (5285 posts) -

The thing is the press has not been as hard on Sony as MS. MS is the only one taking heat. Sony said how their used games are handled will be left up to the publishers. At a minimum they have a similar structure built into the PS4 as the XBO in order for that to happen. I also seriously doubt they have no idea what is going to happen. Either they are incompetent with just letting other companies with their own interests have their way with Sony's own product or they know people are going to be mad so they are just pushing the blame on others kinda like what MS is trying to do now.

As far as online has Sony said you never ever once have to connect to online? XBO you do not need to be online also to play games but like we all know at least once a day.

I hope Sony does none of these things but to act like things are clear with the PS4 it is crazy. If they do not pull a MS then 1st day buy easy.

CanYouDiglt

Sony would be smart to not do what MS is doing and they would outsell MS in a landslide. 

#24 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7263 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

clr84651

Sony would be smart to not do what MS is doing and they would outsell MS in a landslide. 

I agree if they did not do it they would have PS2 numbers and I hope they do not.
#25 Posted by ziggyww (835 posts) -
[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

clyde46

I hope not or then the publishers are going to kill two consoles and alot of people will just go towards PC. This is what I plan on doing? Not going to get a Xbox ONE for this reason and a few others but even though I like what I am seeing from Sony at the moment if they do the same as the greedy Microsoft I will not be getting any home consoles but instead be getting a gaming PC and as I need a new one soon I will just be adding my console fund ontop of my normal PC fund.
#26 Posted by ziggyww (835 posts) -
[QUOTE="clr84651"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

CanYouDiglt

I agree if they did not do it they would have PS2 numbers and I hope they do not.

As more people game now overall I think if PS4 doesn't do this it will sell even more then the PS2 and could become one of the true classic consoles. like the PSOne is
#27 Posted by handssss (1655 posts) -
[QUOTE="Davekeeh"]

clyde46

publishers will have to shut the hell up about it if gamers can take a stand for once.
#28 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15847 posts) -

I'll worry about problems when they're actually out and being reviewed.

#29 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38170 posts) -

I will wait till E3 or closer to launch before I let the PS4 off so easily. I don't think it's gonna be the opposite of the XBone because it can't work like that. They will either have similar DRM or a lesser version but they won't let it be DRM free

Their ambiguity lately about answering questions didn't instill a lot of confidence in them

#30 Posted by Jack-Burton (2303 posts) -
I don't like they way the pad smiles at me.
#31 Posted by CJ_ofCamelot (1764 posts) -

The problem is being in the same industry as microsoft makes them look bad.

We wouldn't be having threads like this if it wasn't for microsh!t.

#32 Posted by sukraj (21660 posts) -

The ps4 is a perfect console.

#33 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2616 posts) -

If any of you follow gaf at all, you'd know that Sony is not going to screw up. 

Does anyone know what the sound of 2500 jaws hitting the floor at the same time sounds like?

You soon will.

You have to remember that this E3 doesn't just show off whats coming this next year. Its the generational change E3, so console makers show their long term cards to drag people into their camp early.

Oh my word this is going to be good.

I've been talking to devs and internal Sony teams for years and I have never seen them this single minded, focused and energetic ever. Every aspect of SCE is simply ready for war.

A source of mine just got back to me.

"No paywall for online"

What the hell? I leave for 15 minutes and you brought the place down already, Bird?

A man, both wise and weathered, stood up in front of you all and said...

"Let nothing come between the platform and the joy of play"

There are so many really frustrated devs at the moment who will be trying to gain attention for some damn amazing work over the next few days, and its getting drowned in (justifiably) negative shit.

If the industry decides to allow corporate wanks to throw handbags at 10 paces, then let them. Let's remember what makes us excited about working and playing in this field. Hype it up!

And let Nomura's Return be EPIC :)

These guys are always right.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=553072&page=301

#34 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38170 posts) -

What the hell? I leave for 15 minutes and you brought the place down already, Bird?

A man, both wise and weathered, stood up in front of you all and said...

"Let nothing come between the platform and the joy of play"23Jarek23

There are so many really frustrated devs at the moment who will be trying to gain attention for some damn amazing work over the next few days, and its getting drowned in (justifiably) negative shit.

If the industry decides to allow corporate wanks to throw handbags at 10 paces, then let them. Let's remember what makes us excited about working and playing in this field. Hype it up!

And let Nomura's Return be EPIC :)

Gopher is pretty bang on most times alright so that's good news

#35 Posted by SunnyLollipop (41 posts) -

My main issues with the PS4 are that the online is supposedly P2P but the thing is sony have kinda proven they do not have the software expertise to hold a large scale operation like Xbox Live!

I do appreciate other things about the PS4 though like the fact you can cloud stream your old games. I think Microsoft may follow in this footsteps at E3. Should be good to play Halo 3 on my Xbox One.

Here is also one thing with the Ps4: the things sony showed are a bit boring. Like killzone 4? When BF4 already looks more interesting? I dunno about that one sony. Good luck to all who buy the console! Hope you have fun with it!

#36 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2616 posts) -

My main issues with the PS4 are that the online is supposedly P2P but the thing is sony have kinda proven they do not have the software expertise to hold a large scale operation like Xbox Live!

I do appreciate other things about the PS4 though like the fact you can cloud stream your old games. I think Microsoft may follow in this footsteps at E3. Should be good to play Halo 3 on my Xbox One.

Here is also one thing with the Ps4: the things sony showed are a bit boring. Like killzone 4? When BF4 already looks more interesting? I dunno about that one sony. Good luck to all who buy the console! Hope you have fun with it!

SunnyLollipop

Astroturf

#37 Posted by SunnyLollipop (41 posts) -

[QUOTE="SunnyLollipop"]

23Jarek23

Astroturf

Astroturf?
#38 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3678 posts) -

[QUOTE="23Jarek23"]

And let Nomura's Return be EPIC :)seanmcloughlin

Gopher is pretty bang on most times alright so that's good news

I expected you to know better

#39 Posted by StormyJoe (4603 posts) -

Davekeeh

So sure...

EA: Sony, you want our sports games, Dragon Age, and Lucas Arts games? You must adopt a DRM solution.

Sony: OK.

Activision: Sony, you want Call Of Duty? You must adopt a DRM solution.

Sony: OK

Sony PR release: we are adopting a DRM solution that publishers can opt in and out of. Have a great day.

#40 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38170 posts) -
#41 Posted by DivineSword (15738 posts) -

I'm sure Sony is holding back on some of their negative, but if not then Microsoft is really in trouble.

#42 Posted by 23Jarek23 (2616 posts) -

[QUOTE="23Jarek23"]

[QUOTE="SunnyLollipop"]

SunnyLollipop

Astroturf

Astroturf?

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1fv5yj/i_saw_microsoft_employees_monitoring_this/

#43 Posted by lamprey263 (22460 posts) -
Sony could announce paid for PSN requirement, discontinuation of PS+, $70 games, no used games, and cows would still be cows... thankfully it won't come to that though.
#44 Posted by metal_zombie (2286 posts) -
So your saying the only thing Sony has to do is not F*** it up might be hard for them
#45 Posted by RR360DD (11418 posts) -

Well lets just wait and see what Sony says at E3. Theres still a lot we don't know about the PS4

Os5vy.gif

:P

#46 Posted by clyde46 (43685 posts) -

handssss

publishers will have to shut the hell up about it if gamers can take a stand for once.

But we wont, we left publishers nickle and dime us with Pay to play MP and DLC.
#47 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6630 posts) -
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="handssss"][QUOTE="clyde46"] Sony will follow if the publishers demand it.

But we wont, we left publishers nickle and dime us with Pay to play MP and DLC.

Speak for yourself.
#48 Posted by I_can_haz (6492 posts) -
ps4 best advertisement campaign are the MS press releases NEWMAHAY
#49 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25444 posts) -
It's remarkable how there really aren't any problems yet or anything truly negative. That we know of.
#50 Posted by tonitorsi (8144 posts) -

#PREACH

tumblr_inline_mmckd632sA1qz4rgp.gif