deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

The game looks pretty, yeah, big deal. More and more games these days are looking really high end, but what does it matter if the gameplay is crap? From the concept it sounds pretty dull

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

The game looks pretty, yeah, big deal. More and more games these days are looking really high end, but what does it matter if the gameplay is crap? From the concept it sounds pretty dull

How exacty free exploration and solving puzzle sounds dull to you ? Is then Amnesia a dull game, too ? This is a game about being detective. What did you expect ? Run and gun gameplay ? The gameplay described in the preview looks like fresh air among all those action oriented games.

I imagine it will be like the detective gameplay in Batman: Origins but more profound and interesting.

Or it will be like a point-&-click adventure but in 3d environments.

Both alternatives sound great to me.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

It ain't no Second Son, that's for damn sure.

Correct, it's better.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@TheFadeForever said:

If you told me that was a real life gif, I would have believed you with no hesitation.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@MonsieurX: Actually no it's not. Other then dramatic camera angles its the same.

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

Good time to be a graphics whore

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By AM-Gamer

@Silent-Assasin7: Infamous looks identical to photo mode please try playing the game before you look like a fool.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1

@jhonMalcovich said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

How exacty free exploration and solving puzzle sounds dull to you ? Is then Amnesia a dull game, too ? This is a game about being detective. What did you expect ? Run and gun gameplay ? The gameplay described in the preview looks like fresh air among all those action oriented games.

I imagine it will be like the detective gameplay in Batman: Origins but more profound and interesting.

Or it will be like a point-&-click adventure but in 3d environments.

Both alternatives sound great to me.

Yes it sounds dull to me, you don't need to share the same opinions on it.

Not only that but a game that still refuses to show any sort of gameplay at all doesn't exactly inspire confidence

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

Even your fellow hermits disagree TC...lel

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 AM-Gamer

@zeeshanhaider: Its not to hard to render visuals when there's virtually nothing going on.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#61  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@MonsieurX: Actually no it's not. Other then dramatic camera angles its the same.

You are in delusion . Infamous have fake foliage , and nowhere near as good textures as this game have , look here dude .

Foliage 1

Foliage 2

Alternate Link : http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-vanishing-of-ethan-carter-new-screenshot-videos-show-off-vegetation/

No cheap tricks or fake lighting to hide terrible textures , all fully detailed .

And those aren't dramatic cameras , you can check these samples and move the camera and see stuff through different angles :

Photogrammetry of Ethan Carter

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Cloud_imperium

@seanmcloughlin:

Too early to judge : http://theastrocrew.tumblr.com/post/84230091308/how-a-game-preview-killed-a-game-feature

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@Cloud_imperium said:

@seanmcloughlin:

Too early to judge : http://theastrocrew.tumblr.com/post/84230091308/how-a-game-preview-killed-a-game-feature

This doesn't inspire confidence either

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Makes me think of the witcher 2 meets stalker.

Shame I find traditional horror games tedious.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@ seanmcloughlin

Look its a detective game... And it features mysteries and puzzles... They can't exctactly show the gameplay without giving away the solutions, and even if they could... Its kind of hard to express how different adventure games are from normal puzzle games like Portal.... Maybe its not for you but you gotta try and understand why they keep the gameplay a secret... I wouldn't be surprized if they used Live Action Trailers all the way to release.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ seanmcloughlin

Look its a detective game... And it features mysteries and puzzles... They can't exctactly show the gameplay without giving away the solutions, and even if they could... Its kind of hard to express how different adventure games are from normal puzzle games like Portal.... Maybe its not for you but you gotta try and understand why they keep the gameplay a secret... I wouldn't be surprized if they used Live Action Trailers all the way to release.

Fair point

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ seanmcloughlin

However they should show us some of these Open World aspects because I'm getting the feeling that its gona be a gimmick like was in LA Noire. LA Noire shouldve been like Mass Effect.... Instead of using Open World they should went with fast travel Hub World system....

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

That looks rather poor actually.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#70  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

You cannot look at this and tell me SS looks better. I like how when SS comes out, 20 threads are made about how amazing the graphics are and how it's the greatest looking game of all time and now as soon as it's beat, "graphics whores. Gameplay's what matters"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ seanmcloughlin

However they should show us some of these Open World aspects because I'm getting the feeling that its gona be a gimmick like was in LA Noire. LA Noire shouldve been like Mass Effect.... Instead of using Open World they should went with fast travel Hub World system....

They should show more than just how pretty the game looks anyway.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Lulu_Lulu

@ seanmcloughlin

Thats TC and his premature attempt to one up Infamous. Which actually sounds like more fun.

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 36

#73  Edited By heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

Can't wait for this game . What makes it more impressive is that it is also open world .

TC should add these pics in his post .

Amazing omg, This one looks so real !

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@melonfarmerz said:

You cannot look at this and tell me SS looks better. I like how when SS comes out, 20 threads are made about how amazing the graphics are and how it's the greatest looking game of all time and now as soon as it's beat, "graphics whores. Gameplay's what matters"

ah you have observed some flip flopping.

welcome, you have arrived!

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By AM-Gamer

@Cloud_imperium: Reading comprehension is not your strength. I never said one looked better then the other I simply stated photo mode doesn't offer enhancements over the actual game. Anyways you keep posting shots with nothing going on. No characters no physics it looks like a lame adventures game. It's easy to render that when Nothing is going on.

You also never played infamous because as of right now there is not a open world game that can hold its jock.

Terrible texture? Lmao you are so butthurt right now it's hilarious.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@ AM-Gamer

"....it looks like a lameadventures game"

Whats that suppose to mean ? :(

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By AM-Gamer

@Lulu_Lulu: walk around and solve puzzle, if thats your thing that's fine, but it's not a very demanding genre technically.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@Lulu_Lulu: walk around and solve puzzle, if that s your thing that's fine, but it's not a very demanding genre technically.

what does that have to do with the graphics?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By AM-Gamer

@lostrib: everything, it won't have to render multiple characters on screen at a time, no big explosions with fancy particle effects and physics. It's doubtful anything is destructable.

It's basically rendering static environments and nothing else.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Lulu_Lulu

@ AM-Gamer

Very Few genres are technically demanding. More importantly all the technicall good stuff is barely even being used properly. Still trying to figure out how adventure games are "lame"

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@AM-Gamer said:

@Cloud_imperium: Reading comprehension is not your strength. I never said one looked better then the other I simply stated photo mode doesn't offer enhancements over the actual game. Anyways you keep posting shots with nothing going on. No characters no physics it looks like a lame adventures game. It's easy to render that when Nothing is going on.

You also never played infamous because as of right now there is not a open world game that can hold its jock.

Terrible texture? Lmao you are so butthurt right now it's hilarious.

Butthurt over Infamous .? Lol .

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#82  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Isn't this an adventure game? Of course it's going to look outstanding.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#83  Edited By kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

Looks like a better alan wake.

Yeah, it reminded me a lot of Alan Wake and that is one thing that makes it more interesting to me. I personally really enjoyed Alan Wake. I like games with a lot of atmosphere and both of these games are dripping with it.

It also looks completely amazing. They are using photogrammetry to create assets from real world objects, so many of the objects in the world are going to look more detailed and realistic than we have probably ever seen in a game. I have no doubt it will be one of the best looking games this year.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Open world while looking better than console set piece bullshit movie games, nice.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 foxhound_fox

Why are photo mode images of Second Son even allowed to be posted in a comparison thread? They aren't representative of the actual game.

It's like people posting Gran Turismo 5 photo mode images and comparing them to Forza 3/4 direct feed gameplay.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By AM-Gamer

@Cloud_imperium: Saying thing like it has terrible textures just makes you look like a rabbid fool and completely destroyes any validity you may have ever had. When you can see individual threads in a jacket or gravel that actually has depth thats not what you classify as bad textures.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Cloud_imperium

@AM-Gamer said:

@Cloud_imperium: Saying thing like it has terrible textures just makes you look like a rabbid fool and completely destroyes any validity you may have ever had. When you can see individual threads in a jacket or gravel that actually has depth thats not what you classify as bad textures.

Lol .

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Cloud_imperium
@kalipekona said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Looks like a better alan wake.

Yeah, it reminded me a lot of Alan Wake and that is one thing that makes it more interesting to me. I personally really enjoyed Alan Wake. I like games with a lot of atmosphere and both of these games are dripping with it.

It also looks completely amazing. They are using photogrammetry to create assets from real world objects, so many of the objects in the world are going to look more detailed and realistic than we have have probably ever seen in a game. I have no doubt it will be one of the best looking games this year.

Man , I love Alan Wake . Excellent game . Best atmosphere in any game , ever (in my opinion) . Sam Lake is also an incredible writer .

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 AM-Gamer

@Cloud_imperium: what a fine argument.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By AM-Gamer

@foxhound_fox: Because photomode in infamous adds nothing. Other then camera angles and colors its identical to gameplay. Try playing it sometime.

And it's funny as you compare it to a game with no hud , not even character models.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Why are photo mode images of Second Son even allowed to be posted in a comparison thread? They aren't representative of the actual game.

It's like people posting Gran Turismo 5 photo mode images and comparing them to Forza 3/4 direct feed gameplay.

Actually it is. People can add effects to it if they want to or leave it exactly like how it looks, its no different to replay camera in sports games. Some research would go a long way with some of you. Though I don't expect anything of that nature, this is sw after all.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 kalipekona

@AM-Gamer said:

@foxhound_fox: Because photomode in infamous adds nothing. Other then camera angles and colors its identical to gameplay. Try playing it sometime.

And it's funny as you compare it to a game with no hud , not even character models.

Being able to tweak colors, depth of field and get a perfect angle to create the most impressive screenshots certainly is adding something. If it didn't result in much better screenshots then what would be the purpose of creating the photo mode? People are going crazy for the photo mode because it does in fact result in much better looking screenshots.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@kalipekona said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Being able to tweak colors, depth of field and get a perfect angle to create the most impressive screenshots certainly is adding something. If it didn't result in much better screenshots then what would be the purpose of creating the photo mode? People are going crazy for the photo mode because it does in fact result in much better looking screenshots.

yes

and because of these enhancements, screenshots made in photo mode could not be replicated without photo mode.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 AM-Gamer

@kalipekona: But it does not show assets that the game cannot handle. Everything in the photo mode is in game. It doesn't add AA or resolution. And you can adjust the camera during gameplay . People comparing it to photo mode in racing games have no clue what there talking about.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Alan Wake looked better than this.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 foxhound_fox

@AM-Gamer said:

@foxhound_fox: Because photomode in infamous adds nothing.

I find this incredibly hard to believe. There is no way that is running at full speed on the PS4's hardware... not when the developer calls the CPU a "bottleneck".

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By kalipekona

@melonfarmerz said:

How do you even justify ISS looking better? I played it at a friends house the other day. It's literally a bunch of glossy buildings and super shiny water. A lot of people have a strange connection with shiny and glossy looking good. Look at the fucking textures in Ethan Carter...

I've noticed many console gamers are easily impressed by three things: contrast, color and shininess. You make a shiny, colorful game with strong contrast and good art and console gamers will swear it is the best looking game ever.

Infamous SS fulfills the above criteria and has decent technical attributes, but it has a lot of weak areas too.

This is how most of the grass in ISS looks--basically a texture.

Now here is some grass from The Vanishing of Ethan Carter:

Lovely.
Lovely.
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@kalipekona said:

It also looks completely amazing. They are using photogrammetry to create assets from real world objects, so many of the objects in the world are going to look more detailed and realistic than we have have probably ever seen in a game.

It's a shame they're going through so much effort to create such realistic looking assets and then go and spoil them with ridiculous lighting.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 melonfarmerz

@ps4hasnogames said:

Alan Wake looked better than this.

And you're also known to bash PC so I mean...

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 melonfarmerz

@kalipekona said:

@melonfarmerz said:

How do you even justify ISS looking better? I played it at a friends house the other day. It's literally a bunch of glossy buildings and super shiny water. A lot of people have a strange connection with shiny and glossy looking good. Look at the fucking textures in Ethan Carter...

I've noticed many console gamers are easily impressed by three things: contrast, color and shininess. You make a shiny, colorful game with strong contrast and good art and console gamers will swear it is the best looking game ever.

Infamous SS fulfills the above criteria and has decent technical attributes, but it has a lot of weak areas too.

Now here is some grass from The Vanishing of Ethan Carter:

Lovely.
Lovely.

Pretty much my observations too. If you took any decently textured and modeled game, added a high contrast, bright colour pallet, and make everything unrealistically glossy and overly reflective, console gamers will raver over it. Now if you throw in some lens flares and some random scratches on the HUD, they'll drool.