Preordered Xbox One. Odds of getting PS4 on launch?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

So I preordered an Xbox One and after months of seeing little things here and there making me regret it, honestly the COD: Ghosts announcement was the final straw for me. Now since the Xbox One comes out the 22nd, I'm not going to cancel the preorder. But my plan is on the 14th to sit in line and see if I can get ahold of a PS4 before I cancel the Xbox preorder. What do you guys think the odds are that I can get ahold of a PS4 at a store between the 15th - 22nd so I can cancel the Xbox One preorder?

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

very hard, ps4 at this time are hard to come by, if you can keep checking sites to see if you can still preorder it.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

i dunno how it goes in USA, maybe there's zergs of ppl rushing in when a console is released but in canada im pretty sure if you come like 2h before BestBuy opens its pretty much guaranteed you'll get one.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts

I'm probably going to end up having to camp outside of BestBuy all night to get one for my son. I should've never believed MS when they said that there was something that would make the 30% power difference non-existent...

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

You're not going to find the PS4 at anywhere close to launch so don't hold your breath.

I know Walmart and Best Buy took preorders on the console and they were sold out rather quickly. However, I cannot speak for other major retail chains. Toys R Us and Target are both sold out online but I have no idea if either retailer took preorders on the system.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@silversix_ said:

i dunno how it goes in USA, maybe there's zergs of ppl rushing in when a console is released but in canada im pretty sure if you come like 2h before BestBuy opens its pretty much guaranteed you'll get one.

unfortunately that isn't that far off from the truth

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zophar87

@superclocked said:

I'm probably going to end up having to camp outside of BestBuy all night to get one for my son. I should've never believed MS when they said that there was something that would make the 30% power difference non-existent...

Call ahead and make sure they have some that aren't preordered.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@superclocked said:

believing microsoft PR was your first mistake, learn from it.

Avatar image for BlackoutGunshot
BlackoutGunshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BlackoutGunshot
Member since 2011 • 358 Posts

Practically nil since sharks like me ordered multiple Ps4s to sell at exorbitant prices.

By the way, wanna buy a Ps4 for $600?

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 superclocked

@Zophar87 said:

@superclocked said:

Yeah, I'll make sure that they have some before I go. There were sites and threads setup for the purpose of telling people which stores had consoles at the beginning of last gen. I sat outside Best Buy all night in the freezing cold to get my 360...

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zophar87

@superclocked said:

@Zophar87 said:

@superclocked said:

Yeah, I'll make sure that they have some before I go. There were sites and threads setup for the purpose of telling people which stores had consoles at the beginning of last gen. I sat outside Best Buy all night in the freezing cold to get my 360...

I normally preorder something if I know I'm going to want it at/around launch. I didn't preorder a Wii and it took me FOREVER to find one at retail and I swore to never make that mistake again.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 silversix_

@superclocked said:

Im seriously surprised (unless you're a blind fanboy) that someone who visits SW or GAF could fall for MS's bullshit. Its crazy how you need to camp all night to get a ps4 while i could most certainly find stores where i wouldn't need to camp at all (at least that how it was when i got 360 on day one which i didn't pre ordered) and from BestBuy/FutureShop you may need to camp 30 minutes to 2 hours before store opens to get a ps4 in canada.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@superclocked said:

You should've known clouds and ESRAM are buzzwords for low level lemmings to salivate over

Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

Some dude posted a link to available ps4s not too long ago.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Your best bet is to go to a midnight launch, they usually have extra ps4 unit's for day 1 buyers.

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 superclocked

@silversix_ said:

@superclocked said:

Im seriously surprised (unless you're a blind fanboy) that someone who visits SW or GAF could fall for MS's bullshit. Its crazy how you need to camp all night to get a ps4 while i could most certainly find stores where i wouldn't need to camp at all (at least that how it was when i got 360 on day one which i didn't pre ordered) and from BestBuy/FutureShop you may need to camp 30 minutes to 2 hours before store opens to get a ps4 in canada.

2 hours would be awesome. But, I stayed all night in 05, and the person behind me in line was the last person to get a 360. The line went all of the way around the building..

And I don't trust lines at places like WalMart. That's where I went to get my first XBox in 01, and some people got screwed over. They gave out numbers to the people that got there first, and then they didn't use the numbers. Some people that got there at the last minute got an XBox, and some other people that sat there all night didn't get anything...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 silversix_

@superclocked said:

@silversix_ said:

@superclocked said:

2 hours would be awesome. But, I stayed all night in 05, and the person behind me in line was the last person to get a 360. The line went all of the way around the building..

And I don't trust lines at places like WalMart. That's where I went to get my first XBox in 01, and some people got screwed over. They gave out numbers to the people that got there first, and then they didn't use the numbers. Some people that got there at the last minute got an XBox, and some other people that sat there all night didn't get anything...

One thing i must ask. Why is it that americans buy all their gaming related stuff from Walmart/Target/GameStop/BestBuy if it isn't online? Don't you have other stores, stores that will have next gen consoles on day one but attract waaaaay less people than BestBuy would? Camping all night would suck big D unless you're with friends and beer.

TheShensolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 TheShensolidus
Member since 2013 • 224 Posts

I have it on good authority that you shouldn't have a hard time IF you go out and actually wait in line on the 14th.

No, I don't work at Sony. You just hear things in this industry.