Premium 360 owners, there still might be hope....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killaj2786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 killaj2786
Member since 2006 • 2531 Posts

http://on10.net/

Around the 4 min...he says that MS is trying to find a way accomadate premium owners who want to switch to the new console....

just add 80 bucks and ill be happy... 

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts
Not really necessary. If they can do it and i just pay the $80 difference i suppose i'd do it, but i still haven't used even half of my HDD and i have 20 360 games. I'm good. :)
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
They'll probably will have a deal like send in a premium and $100 or a core and $200 and you can trade up for an Elite. Either way I could care less about the elite, my HDTV's don't have HDMI and I don't even fill up a 20gig HDD.
lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
If they come up with somekind of trade-in offer I might do it, but if not, my 360 right now is enough.
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
Not really necessary. If they can do it and i just pay the $80 difference i suppose i'd do it, but i still haven't used even half of my HDD and i have 20 360 games. I'm good. :)Puckhog04
Of course you wouldn't use the entire HDD space if you only save your games. It's really for music/ demos. On my 360 I have alot of demos that I need to delete I have barely any memory. On my PS3 I still have 30 gigs after all the music and pictures I copied form my external HDD and installing Linux Yellow Dog (about 12 gigs)
lordseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lordseer
Member since 2004 • 4671 Posts

There is no way MS is going to take the loss of refunding Millions of premium 360's at full value.  + you have to remember that many people have a gotten a good years + use out of the 360.

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pundog
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]Not really necessary. If they can do it and i just pay the $80 difference i suppose i'd do it, but i still haven't used even half of my HDD and i have 20 360 games. I'm good. :)TREAL_Since
Of course you wouldn't use the entire HDD space if you only save your games. It's really for music/ demos. On my 360 I have alot of demos that I need to delete I have barely any memory. On my PS3 I still have 30 gigs after all the music and pictures I copied form my external HDD and installing Linux Yellow Dog (about 12 gigs)

Actually the 120gig HDD is more for downloading movies off XBL (as in full length feature films and TV shows) and IPTV. If you have a media center PC or download windows media connect to your PC you can connect your PC to your 360 and stream music, video's, pics etc. And I don't know about you but I only keep demos for a couple of days usually.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]Not really necessary. If they can do it and i just pay the $80 difference i suppose i'd do it, but i still haven't used even half of my HDD and i have 20 360 games. I'm good. :)TREAL_Since

So delete the demos and have the space back. What's the point of keeping a demo? When you delete it you can go and download it again and it downloads instantly because you have already downloaded it once. I download demos as well, all the time...and then i delete them when i'm done. ;)

Even when considering HD movies: When the rental period is over, you delete it. It's not that tough, it's really logical.

As for music, i have a ton of music on my HDD and it barely takes any space whatsoever. I don't know how much music you have on it...but mine doesn't take up much room at all.

tovarischs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tovarischs
Member since 2006 • 170 Posts

THe only thing that interests me even slightly is the larger HD. Otherwise, component looks fine, and aesthetically I could really give a crap if my 360 was hot pink.

-John 

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TREAL_Since
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]Not really necessary. If they can do it and i just pay the $80 difference i suppose i'd do it, but i still haven't used even half of my HDD and i have 20 360 games. I'm good. :)pundog

Actually the 120gig HDD is more for downloading movies and IPTV. If you have a media center PC or download windows media connect to your PC you can connect your PC to your 360 and stream music, video's, pics etc. And I don't know about you but I only keep demos for a couple of days usually.

Yea I forgot about the IPTV. But how many 360 owners will actually use IPTV when TiVo is so popular and dominant?
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
I gonna consider getting the 120 gigs.. One more than, god its ugly, anyone else aagree?
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TREAL_Since

[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]Not really necessary. If they can do it and i just pay the $80 difference i suppose i'd do it, but i still haven't used even half of my HDD and i have 20 360 games. I'm good. :)Puckhog04

So delete the demos and have the space back. What's the point of keeping a demo? When you delete it you can go and download it again and it downloads instantly because you have already downloaded it once. I download demos as well, all the time...and then i delete them when i'm done. ;)

Even when considering HD movies: When the rental period is over, you delete it. It's not that tough, it's really logical.

As for music, i have a ton of music on my HDD and it barely takes any space whatsoever. I don't know how much music you have on it...but mine doesn't take up much room at all.

My lil bro plays them and when I have company they can get right into a demo and play. I never complained about the demos. I never said anything bad about renting movies over Live, whats your point? And I even said that I needed to delete the demos.
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pundog
[QUOTE="pundog"][QUOTE="TREAL_Since"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]Not really necessary. If they can do it and i just pay the $80 difference i suppose i'd do it, but i still haven't used even half of my HDD and i have 20 360 games. I'm good. :)TREAL_Since

Actually the 120gig HDD is more for downloading movies and IPTV. If you have a media center PC or download windows media connect to your PC you can connect your PC to your 360 and stream music, video's, pics etc. And I don't know about you but I only keep demos for a couple of days usually.

Yea I forgot about the IPTV. But how many 360 owners will actually use IPTV when TiVo is so popular and dominant?

360 owners who don't have TiVo? That and people who want to be able to download a TV show with IPTV and put it on their PC or iPod or whatever they have.
BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 BlazeDragon132
Member since 2006 • 7951 Posts

http://on10.net/

Around the 4 min...he says that MS is trying to find a way accomadate premium owners who want to switch to the new console....

just add 80 bucks and ill be happy...

killaj2786
Same here, if MS wants to go the choice root. Let me choose if I want to trade my system.